You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Drexel DPMS 2022-2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Should I lose hope now or in an hour when office hours end 🥲
same boat as you lol I’ve been tryna mentally prepare myself for the worst
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don’t lose hope! Even after the business day is over, you still never know. I don’t think any of us know for certain when final decisions will be made with this admission cycle. Especially since people can get waitlisted and then ultimately accepted at any point. This med school journey is a winding road, so never lose hope!Should I lose hope now or in an hour when office hours end 🥲
I interviewed May 23 and received my A at 4pm today. I will be declining my acceptance as I was accepted to medical school last week. I hope my seat goes to one of you! Best of luck, future docs! I can’t wait to serve alongside you 💕
April 20th and I haven’t heard back yet. Trying my best not to lose hope
Love this turnaround for you! Congratulations 🤩🥳JUST ACCEPTED 3:49PM EST!!! I interview on 4/20/22
Yesss, you did it! Congratulations!GUYS I JUST NOW GOT ACCEPTED I AM GOING TO VOMIT
There might be. If people got in and decide to not attend the program, I’m sure they will give those seats to others that didn’t hear back today.Do you guys think there will be more acceptances throughout the week?
ForPetesSake
Full Member
I’m hoping this is the case. 🥺There might be. If people got in and decide to not attend the program, I’m sure they will give those seats to others that didn’t hear back today.
Hey y’all! I just saw I received a Acceptance at 10:45 (Central time). I was recently accepted to medical school though, so I will be declining my acceptance. I hope it goes out to one of you [emoji3590][emoji3590]
If it doesn’t, please don’t be so hard on yourself. Last year I was rejected from the Drexel program after interviewing and unfortunately didn’t get into any medical school. I was heartbroken at first but then I knew I still wanted to do this and had to push myself through it again. If it doesn’t work out this year, and you really want to become a doctor, don’t give up. One year from now, it will ALL BE WORTH IT I PROMISE.
If it doesn’t, please don’t be so hard on yourself. Last year I was rejected from the Drexel program after interviewing and unfortunately didn’t get into any medical school. I was heartbroken at first but then I knew I still wanted to do this and had to push myself through it again. If it doesn’t work out this year, and you really want to become a doctor, don’t give up. One year from now, it will ALL BE WORTH IT I PROMISE.
insouciant12
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything today? Or received a WL/R? :')
latinamed13
Full Member
Hi! For anyone accepted does anyone know when we’ll here about housing information for the summer program? Like is it suite style, do we have roommates, when can we move in, etc. Or has any additional information?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SwaggyDoc_22
Full Member
Nothing at all so far 😞Has anyone heard anything today? Or received a WL/R? :')
Not yet! I was wondering the same thing...Hi! For those that heard back yesterday, have you been able to set up your DrexelOne portal?
latinamed13
Full Member
Yes! I set mine up there’s a link in your drexel portal that allows you to grab your drexel student accounts! I followed the checklist in my portal!Hi! For those that heard back yesterday, have you been able to set up your DrexelOne portal?
Same, I emailed LTS and they said it will take 2-3 days.Not yet! I was wondering the same thing...
MagicpreMD
Full Member
Hi! I also don’t know a lot about housing but I did hear that we should be getting more information in a few days. They wanted to get a better idea of acceptances before sending out info. And I’m pretty sure we will be in Stiles HallHi! For anyone accepted does anyone know when we’ll here about housing information for the summer program? Like is it suite style, do we have roommates, when can we move in, etc. Or has any additional information?!
latinamed13
Full Member
Perfect thanks so much!Hi! I also don’t know a lot about housing but I did hear that we should be getting more information in a few days. They wanted to get a better idea of acceptances before sending out info. And I’m pretty sure we will be in Stiles Hall
sameI just got waitlisted :/
Through email or portal ?I just got waitlisted :/
Through email or portal ?
Me too :’)I just got waitlisted :/
ForPetesSake
Full Member
No news yet, does that mean rejection and I just won’t find out until the program starts? Not knowing anything is so challenging.
I’m wondering the same
No news yet, does that mean rejection and I just won’t find out until the program starts? Not knowing anything is so challenging.
premedanxious
Full Member
got waitlisted, me more anxious now :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SwaggyDoc_22
Full Member
Not knowing is so frustrating, been waiting since 04/13 interview smh. Wish there was better communication on Drexel’s part.No news yet, does that mean rejection and I just won’t find out until the program starts? Not knowing anything is so challenging.
SwaggyDoc_22
Full Member
When did you find out? No news on my end 😔got waitlisted, me more anxious now :/
premedanxious
Full Member
hey i am sorry, i know exactly how ur feeling. I suggest sending out like a letter of interest to them. I found out around 3 today that I was waitlisted. no news is still good news.When did you find out? No news on my end 😔
SwaggyDoc_22
Full Member
Thank you, hoping it works out for both of us!hey i am sorry, i know exactly how ur feeling. I suggest sending out like a letter of interest to them. I found out around 3 today that I was waitlisted. no news is still good news.
premedanxious
Full Member
Yes! I hope so too, regardless we r gonna be great doctors one day 🙂Thank you, hoping it works out for both of us!
MojoMD
Full Member
Hey everyone, so i recently had a financial aid question cleared up b/c i just called and figured i would put it on here too if others had similar concerns. On the financial aid tab of discover drexel, my portal says "Financial aid information is not available for the term for which you have applied." lol so i panicked (bc like WUT) and called since I did the FAFSA and all. Drexel Central said not to worry and that incoming DPMS students should be getting their financial aid packages sent out by the end of next week!
D
deleted1137813
Recently accepted and I have a few questions for current DPMSers or the TA's! Did you have a car? And do they give you a meal plan? How do you get food? Also how accurate is this review lol
Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of us who chose not to bring a car or simply didnt have one yet. However, thats mostly if you live in center city.Recently accepted and I have a few questions for current DPMSers or the TA's! Did you have a car? And do they give you a meal plan? How do you get food? Also how accurate is this review lol
View attachment 356026
We did not have any drexel-provided housing, so i dont think anyone can attest to Stiles Hall living conditions. The point of providing housing for the summer is so that you can find your apartment, etc with less stress. Stiles Halls is located in center city just a couple mins walk from New College Building. So it will be a convenient transitional location for those who accept it. Philadelphia in general requires being prudent about one’s personal safety, esp past dark. But that will be reiterated more during the summer. Hopefully that helps!
And no meal-plan..
Last edited:
I think it would depend on what place you are in the waitlist. They probably don't tell students what spot they have on the wait list.does anyone know how likely it is to get an acceptance off the waitlist?
D
deleted1130920
For accepted students or past DPMS students, any school supply recommendations of what we will 'need' or be most helpful?
They mentioned an iPad is really helpful.For accepted students or past DPMS students, any school supply recommendations of what we will 'need' or be most helpful?
MagicpreMD
Full Member
Does anyone know which of the health/immunization forms are mandatory? A little confused on the immunization record form which is separate from the compliance forms
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1137813
Thanks for answering, so I'm guessing that students who didn't have cars used public transportation to get groceries and such? If you had any experience with public transport, how reliable would you say it is? I don't plan on having a vehicle on campus.There are a lot of us who chose not to bring a car or simply dont have one yet. However, thats mostly if you live in center city.
We did not have any drexel-provided housing, so i dont think anyone can attest to Stiles Hall living conditions. The point of providing housing for the summer is so that you can find your apartment, etc with less stress. Stiles Halls is located in center city just a couple mins walk from New College Building. So it will be a convenient transitional location for those who accept it. Philadelphia in general requires being prudent about one’s personal safety, esp past dark. But that will be reiterated more during the summer. Hopefully that helps!
And no meal-plan..
D
deleted1137813
I had to get the authenticator app but nothing else. What app can't you delete?For those that set up their accounts (Emails, DrexelOne) and set up the authenticator. Is there a new app on your phone you cannot delete?
D
deleted1137813
Was looking through the checklist and I had the same question. @Allyssa411 do they have an orientation or info session to help us transition and get all this required material submitted and also to register for classes? I feel kind of lost lolDoes anyone know which of the health/immunization forms are mandatory? A little confused on the immunization record form which is separate from the compliance forms
did anyone else get a waitlist email today?
D
deleted1108596
Did you?did anyone else get a waitlist email today?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 307
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 357
- Views
- 102K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 107K