End of the WWorld Game Thread - 1st Game of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Liza Koshy Volcano GIF by Nickelodeon

Members don't see this ad.

@Animal Midwife I'm still salty that you always tunnel me, but I'll save it for next game
salt bae GIF

Well played this round and congrats!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
she thought her role was passive and may never have used it. so.......yup
wait but did AM actually use it for night 6? or did she survive because of being a commuter? HOW DID AM SURVIVE?!?
I considered letting the game continue when Breadmann decided to block and kill DubZ on night 6. But.....I think we were all ready for the game to be over lol
but............. would that block have stopped the bomb???? And thus given wolves a chance to win????
I don't disagree but I'm also waiting for the new players to weigh in.
I still like WW and appreciate all your hard work...... I think maybe next game will be better. Since apparently some vets had been away a while so came out super aggressive, it was a huge game player wise, and 36 hour day cycle wise. I don't know....
Omg hahaha I love that village still technically won!
but how did they? I'm still confused....

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
This game reminded me how much I enjoy faction games

Also kaydubs how could you worry we wouldn't like this game when the type of player scenarios a mod can only dream of all happened at once? I am a fan

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
petition to put clock mechanics in all games to scare midwife

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
wait but did AM actually use it for night 6? or did she survive because of being a commuter? HOW DID AM SURVIVE?!?

but............. would that block have stopped the bomb???? And thus given wolves a chance to win????

I still like WW and appreciate all your hard work...... I think maybe next game will be better. Since apparently some vets had been away a while so came out super aggressive, it was a huge game player wise, and 36 hour day cycle wise. I don't know....

AM’s ability let her avoid all night actions and she used it last night so dubz didn’t blow her up and so she was technically the last one standing, aka village win.

Reactions: 4 users

AM commuted night 6.

I think the strong man could’ve stopped the meltdown. Idk. I’m tired. I’ll think about it more later today. I was going to let the block stop DubZ but.... *shrug*

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They did??
If I put in a role that would kill everybody and a role that could avoid that and they both did that on the same night

I would be so happy

Plus I highly approve of the wild use of guns in this game and how surprisingly far some of the factions made it

• Haha
If I had survived, my last card would have been saying that I was a blocker and why there would be 2 wolf blockers. It was interesting solo wolfing most of the game though. I totally did not know that Sun was a wolf until she was yoted though.

• Sad
@SARdoghandler CHAOS FRAND WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU WERE 3P

BECAUSE I GAVE YOU A CHANCE TO COME CLEAN TO ME AND YOU DID NOT

so then I got spooked. I thought it was pretty obvious tho and felt like I dropped quite a few hints haha. That was part of why I asked if you were 3p and had a whole conversation about who feels safe outing themselves

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Well I think it’s safe to say that was the best possible ending. Holy hell. How will us rookies ever be able to go on to mostly-vanilla wolf v village games after seeing how much more exciting the game can be?

I guess the mostly unhelpful thing i have done is just clutter up the chat
So Bread was this you just setting all caution aflame and setting a giant signal fire to Sport that you were the other wolf in the middle of the thread because that’s how I read this :laugh:

So Bread was this you just setting all caution aflame and setting a giant signal fire to Sport that you were the other wolf in the middle of the thread because that’s how I read this :laugh:
Nope, not sure what I was doing. We were added to a new wolf chat after sun died

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I also rojo'ed in a private message with mayo... thankfully it was on an even night so i could not kill and only leaked my action

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
BECAUSE I GAVE YOU A CHANCE TO COME CLEAN TO ME AND YOU DID NOT

so then I got spooked. I thought it was pretty obvious tho and felt like I dropped quite a few hints haha. That was part of why I asked if you were 3p and had a whole conversation about who feels safe outing themselves
I kept going back and forth thinking you were actually wolfing, it never crossed my mind that you were 3p haha I was too busy crafting lies

• Haha
BigCats ()
Mel (1) - DubZ
vmh (1) - kras
AM ()
kras (5) - vmh, Barks, M935, alissa, Philosloth <---probably 1 wolf (my guess is barks, but VMH is second)
mayo (1) - alley <---- ?
DubZ (1) - Sporty <---- ?
Breadmann (4) - M935, savethecows, alissa, Philosloth <---I like all of the people on this lynch so heck maybe bread is a wolf
alissa ()
Aprilthearab (1) - Mel <--- Mel is making me feel warm and fuzzy today
Viscernable (1) - BigCats <---- wolf?
Zepp (1) - Coffee?
FTF () -
Amanasoul (1) - sunshine <---- wolf?
Barks (2) - genny, Mayo <---- I suspect both village
Cray (4) - Cyndia, FTF, vetschools, Pippy <---- probably 1 wolf
sunshine ()
Coffee? (6) - Zepp, Aprilthearab, Barks, Breadmann, vmh, Cray <---probably 1-2 wolves
3m (1) - samac <---- ?
Pippy (2) - Viscernable, AM <---- likely both village
savethecows (1) - Amanasoul <---- ?
samac (1) - SAR <---- ?
Ok I'm glad I died early cause this took forever but I had sent this to SAR D1 and I feel vindicated

Bread and I were staring down both Dubz and SAR as 3P the last two days.

almost killed AM the other night tho. I think a no-win game would’ve been fun. Hmm. Time to write notes for my next game.

• Haha
Bread and I were staring down both Dubz and SAR as 3P the last two days.

almost killed AM the other night tho. I think a no-win game would’ve been fun. Hmm. Time to write notes for my next game.
How'd you know about SAR? Or did you guess because of her abilities?

Not gonna lie I am sad that The Game is over, but now I can catch up on projects at work

Well I think it’s safe to say that was the best possible ending. Holy hell. How will us rookies ever be able to go on to mostly-vanilla wolf v village games after seeing how much more exciting the game can be?
Basic/mountainous games can be just as exciting. Trust me on this. It's the investment, not the abilities, that make a spicy game.

• Love
Man I feel like I might need a short break again. My wolf reads ended up being spot on for the most part but I feel like everyone was just playing at a totally different cognitive level than I was :laugh:

I love how my work will tell us several days after someone has tested positive for COVID and then tells us to just keep working and they are thoroughly cleaning when they are not really doing anything differently

• Care
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I love how my work will tell us several days after someone has tested positive for COVID and then tells us to just keep working and they are thoroughly cleaning when they are not really doing anything differently

Wait in Saturday Morning Cartoons: @holdthemayo was wolf and you're village

Now mayos is village and you're wolf?

YEET MAYO SANDWICHES 🇾🇹🍞🇾🇹🍞

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Okay, maybe there was only one rojo. Bread had posted his night actions in his PM with mayo and mayo messaged Doggo and I in his role PM.

Bread did play it off pretty cool (said he was a jailer again and obviously messed up) but man. I got a distress message from mayo, then a distress message from Doggo and was like ahhhhhhh where should I go first!????

If there was another rojo that actually happened, I don't recall.

Re: faction games:

I don't consider this a true faction game because even though the wolves didn't know about each other, they were still going to count as total numbers at the end. A pack wouldn't win over another. Villagers were all in the same affiliation/faction. Both 3p's had independent win conditions. SAR could have won even if she died IF two players that she stole from made it to the end game (cause she had already satisfied the final 2 win conditions for herself)

Basic/mountainous games can be just as exciting. Trust me on this. It's the investment, not the abilities, that make a spicy game.
Yes, I enjoy the simple set-ups. More focus on game-play and analysis, less on "sparkly sparkly role ability."

Or she saw the writing on the wall when kaydubs asked for the night actions early.
I think nearly everyone but April sent me night actions before I posted results for Sporty. I nudged anyone else to get a move on. I wanted to try and do a quick turnaround cause I was up anyways. Doesn't happen all the time but like Ski mentioned, I'll take actions (contingencies too!) if I can get them.

Reactions: 2 users
kay, the mayo stuff: he actually started posting in **** to indicate his non-character voice lol
Night 1: [I think he's canceling night but he ACTUALLY is not lol]
Mayo crumples the last end of bread, sprinkling the crumbs on the barren ground. His hunger growls in protest. It will rage when he releases his prey - protein goes a long way in the wasteland.

Patience and grog eventually reward him. With a surprisingly deft, yet clearly drunken hobble, mayo snatches up his quarry. With soft coos he sooths the beast and quickly ties the paper around it's foot. The sheet, torn from a book Mayo is unable to read, carries a message he hopes will bring him pleasure with the sun and the moon or maybe just establish contact with the rumored mmm.

The picture on the cover of the book carried an air of power and authority of the kind Mayo hoped to convey but knew he never could.

In a flash he thrust the poor beast skyward. As it's wings beat and it's shape drew distant he thought again about the beautiful shapes on the glossy pages of the mystery book.

"I do not like Green Eggs and Ham. I do not like them Sam I am."

What did they mean?

It didn't matter now. The feathered messenger is now just a speck in the sky. Carrying it's message of hope, to the mods, to the gods, to a brighter future. Who knows?

Watching the distant horizon he knows this night is not the night that was promised. The moon will rise and predators will hunt.

If he should see another morning, he will hunt as well. For a message that will appease the gods and stop the moon itself. To stop the nightmares. To stop the memories of Hannah.

Also Mayo is a woman in this scenario... he hasn't seen the Hulu series.

It is the end of the world after all.

MAYO releases a pigeon with the wrong words.

It is unnatural. So much has changed since the before time, but the patterns of the sun and the moon are written in the books of the gods - not of men. Still, if the sun insists on loitering in unfriendly skies, mayo won't stop her.

Not yet at least.

"Idle hands make for wolf hors d'oeuvres" as grandmother used to say.

So be it. Mayo left in the sun can cripple giants.

The goddess of patience, rewards her supplicants.

Mayo catches his first pigeon of the day

"HANNAH!!!!!!!!"

Mayo awakens screaming, his body drenched in a cold sweat. Again.

He hears a frantic flapping and rustling and jumps to action.

There, against the rusted remains of an old fence, another pigeon is caught in his makeshift snare.

The words may have been wrong, but the goddess rewards the struggle.

Mayo catches his second pigeon of the day.

Mayo can sense the judgement in the eyes of the pigeons. How to explain? How to make them understand?

He starts with a story.

"When I was a boy, my grandmother used to tell me a story about a bear in an old zoo back in Poland.

The bear had been a man-eater, but was now chained and was trained to ride a bike and juggle.

Every afternoon, a boy would come and poke the bear with a stick. Always standing just out of reach.

I always fell asleep before the end of the story, so I don't know how it ends. If there was a moral, it escapes me.

But the boy sure did seem to be having fun. "

The pigeons seemed to understand. But would the moon?
Night 2?
Eureka!!!!!

In an Archimedian moment of clarity the moon goddess reveals herself. Naked as the moon herself, Mayo dashes through the wasteland.

The sharp and jagged edges of the unforgiving ground violating the integrity of his skin, fail to pierce his euphoria.

The goddess can heal. The goddess can stop the decay. The goddess will recognize her one true and loyal zealot. She will halt her very self, and visit her blessings upon him.

Hannah!

Hannah knew the goddess.

Mayo had not.

To his shame.

Shame.

In a flurry, he flings books aside. Days ago, more precious than life. Originals bound in paper and parchment and crude copies on strips of cardboard, leather, and what is almost certainly skin - each bought at a terrible price, now cast aside like chaff.

Until...

Hannah's book. This is the one.

As he tears the pages, near blind from weeping, he hears the word in his head.

With a prayer his cold and shaking hands find the certainty they need to fasten the page to the leg of the bird.

Thrust upward she flies, rising ever higher - danger close to the sun.

She is no Icarus. She will be welcomed in those lofty heights.

She is out of sight.

Exhausted, mayo kissed the other pigeon. Names her Σωτήρ. And cooks her on the fire.

He is expecting company.

Mayo finds a bird with the correct words

The pigeon climbs ever upward. Carrying
Goodnight room
Goodnight moon
Goodnight cow jumping over the moon
Goodnight light And the red balloon
Goodnight bears
Goodnight chairs
Goodnight kittens And goodnight mittens
Goodnight clocks And goodnight socks
Goodnight little house And goodnight mouse
Goodnight comb And goodnight brush
Goodnight nobody
Goodnight mush And goodnight to the old lady whispering “hush”
Goodnight stars
Goodnight air
Good night noises everywhere
to the goddess.

The blessings of the goddess are without limits. Her generosity is not bound by the extent of our sordid toils.

Mayo awakens. The pens are full.

Pigeons abound.

A meal of Σωτήρ stits prepared for his guests

Eternity awaits.

Mayo catches more than 3 pigeons
n3 results:
You were dreading going to sleep. Would there be nightmares again? Hannah...Hannah...

You heard the pigeons cooing....wait, that's their distress sounds!

You went to go check them but found your path blocked by someone. You turned to call for help but the same someone grabbed you, covered your mouth with their gloved hand, and drew something sharp across your throat.

You could feel yourself choking on the blood, scrabbling against your killer. They settled you on the ground. "Your pigeons will be cared for." The voice...sounds...familiar... You think you know who murdered you.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users