England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess if you're counting April then my question should have been three or four.

It's not that I initially thought the shot wasn't wolfy... it's that I though mkg could be a wolf or the shot could be wolfy but not both. Since mkg flipped wolf, I didn't feel the shot could be wolfy.

Now that cray has claimed the shot, none of this is relevant to capri anyways. So I guess I need to reevaluate my thoughts on her.
Why would it be 3 or 4? That doesn’t even make sense. If you’re village, I’m willing to sacrifice you to shut myself up.
April died.
and I want to kill you.
I never wanted to kill Sar. I’ve backed off AM; I’m reading her as villager.
April I regret. I still don’t regret wolf reading you.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh also

vote sunshine

Both for self prez and was on my list of worse feels after mkg anyways. I am going to bed soon though.

Why would it be 3 or 4? That doesn’t even make sense. If you’re village, I’m willing to sacrifice you to shut myself up.
April died.
and I want to kill you.
I never wanted to kill Sar. I’ve backed off AM; I’m reading her as villager.
April I regret. I still don’t regret wolf reading you.
I didn't think I was being that subtle, but okay.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Day 4 - The Black Server Death Descends - Vote Tally

Finn (5) - Mayo, samac, alley, cyndia, genny
Sunshine (6) - Dubz, barks, dina, LIS, AM, finn
Dubz (0) -
Mayo (1) - cray
Crayola (1) - DocE

SDN (1) - Ms P

@sunshinefl you are in the lead
13/18 players voting
voting closes in ~22 hours

So 5 people haven't voted, MsP is sitting on a joke vote, and for reasons I can't fathom DocE is still sitting on me.

I don't know that mayo is the best vote. I don't know anything lol.

• Hmm
That was the absolute worst choice on the board, she hadn’t even said anything other than I’m busy in response to the votes yet and you pick her to kill?
If pippy didn’t put a direct bond quote in the write up I would swear you were a wolf jumping on MKG’s James Bond theory. I don’t see how you’re a villager, maybe 3rd party, but if you are village you have some ****ty aim.
I think the write up from the other day's shot did enough to suggest James Bond, and then here again. I am Bond, James Bond. 007. License to kill.

I was BSing about a noob shooter just to throw the wolves off until I could use my last shot. But the part where I said maybe this will teach you all a lesson about vigilantes was real. I wasn't trying to teach you all a lesson on purpose, I was trying to be a hero, but you know, my reads can't be good every game.

I think the level of participation from Sunny and Finn being higher than Alissa also doesn't make it the worst choice on the board. We won't know until Finn and/or Sunny flip how bad a choice it really was.

Also I think I've proven that I could shoot anytime of day. I am confirming genny's claim of being shot at N1, and no one else is countering my claim.

Given that I had that choice, I could have hidden my shots at night and never claimed them. I didn't have to take village direction in this last shot. I think if I was trying to hurt village on purpose there were other moves I could have made.

If you all want to be pissed about me shooting Zenge, like, OK, whatever. But Alissa was a top wagon for like a million hours so you only have yourselves to blame for that.

Alrighty, this sucks. I miss all weekend for work, come back this morning with time set aside ... and SDN decides to be down all day?

Time to adult and make dinner for the kids.

lynch sunshine

C'mon, DocE. You know you still wanna.
okay LIS you wanna do anything to contribute besides tunnel me?
She was never in my village reads. But I decided the villagey thing to do with my last shot, especially given how bad the Zenge thing went, was let village decide the candidates. My Zenge shot was also trying to help us decide amongst vote candidates in its own way even though he wasn't leading, I thought the info would help us decide and it sounds like it did.

I wasn't willing to sacrifice you or Finn for samac's theory. She's been vague why she's convinced a mod would have told her exactly what group a wolf was in. Maybe she can't paraphrase well enough to convince me and she can't say what she was told exactly. I don't find that a compelling theory. I've correctly wolf read Finn at least once years ago.

I wasn't sure Sunny would ever forgive being vig shot in a game ever again. Maybe that shouldn't be a consideration, but again I find it hard to shoot anyone I'm not personally reading as wolfiest.

Those were my feelings and it all led to me deciding Alissa.

And Alissa doesn't have a PR we can tell, although we don't know the significance of the royalty class.
I actually really appreciate this consideration. And full disclosure, the fact I wasn't being night killed added to my suspicion of MKG as a wolf. Because in other games (I know she hasn't played many but like even speed games) she always comments when I am vig killed or night killed to the group in defense of not doing that to me AGAIN. However, I was reluctant to say that was another reason for my sus and lose her empathy no matter her affiliation. As well as lose the empathy of anyone else who may try to keep me alive for meta reasons beyond affiliation.

That was the absolute worst choice on the board, she hadn’t even said anything other than I’m busy in response to the votes yet and you pick her to kill?
If pippy didn’t put a direct bond quote in the write up I would swear you were a wolf jumping on MKG’s James Bond theory. I don’t see how you’re a villager, maybe 3rd party, but if you are village you have some ****ty aim.
Um this make zero sense the more I think about it. I claimed the shot before it even happened in the write up today. How could I possibly be claiming someone else's shot? Unless you think all the shots are wolfy, the vig is wolfy, and I'm not the vig? Just pretending to be while the other wolf vig does their thing? Makes no sense. And mkg looked had for that shot on Zenge.

It is starting to feel like you have a brain disease where you try to make nonsense arguments where you read me wolf, mostly it seems because I'm not falling all over myself to see how village and useful you are.

You need to be pushed, because if nothing else you are a prime conversion target.

I feel like the entire group could have discussed it if it was a shots vote you wanted to have, but it's all moot now.
I mean, wtf else were we doing with our votes but voting people off the island? We already knew there was an unclaimed vig, I pushed some people for final reads, and genny asked me point blank if I was planning on killing someone which I dodged. You all acknowledged that the vig might have more shots. That's reason enough for village to know that that 1000 hrs into day phase votes need to be real and serious.

And while I took it all into account, if you guys want Finn and Sunny dead you'll have to vote there, since you guys are so gracious about vig kill choices, but I didn't feel comfortable with them and you were voting Alissa. So yeah I guess I had the final say on your guys' top choices, but to act like village didn't get to weigh in is ridic.

It wasn’t even tied at the time. Sunny was winning.

The answer would be two, if you’re village I traded in April, admittedly. I just think you’re wolf. And I would have traded in you instead of Alissa if cray had shot you instead.

I’m just extremely frustrated. I had Alissa as a village read. She knew my role. i believed her because I know someone else who claimed a Royal and had 1x death proof. I know they’re not in communication
The question is wtf is the 1x death proof IF THEYRE ALL DYING
So thanks for revealing that all the royalty have 1x deathproof? Just in case wolves hadn't figured that out.

Seriously, I'm glad because now I know to never ever ever ever ever tell you anything by PM I wouldn't shout in all caps on thread.

Who cares if alissa knew your role. You act like that's a reason to trust someone.

Members don't see this ad :)
God dammit I’ve not being vague about anything and have explained exactly why the damn sheriff of Nottingham would be in the north. The only thing I got from pippy was that it was likely in the game, and SAR confirmed that for me.

other than royals every single commoner flip we’ve had makes sense to location.
Why are you convinced there was a wolf in the north? Why are you convinced the Sheriff of Nottingham is wolf? Why are you convinced the teapot stealer is a wolf? Why are you convinced they are the Sheriff of Nottingham? None of it feels connected or makes sense based on anything you've shared that's from the mod. It feels like interpretations based on very little except roles are related to starting location, but it's a jump of logic to get affiliation out of that fact.

And yes, as James Bond, location unknown or whatever makes sense.

God dammit I’ve not being vague about anything and have explained exactly why the damn sheriff of Nottingham would be in the north. The only thing I got from pippy was that it was likely in the game, and SAR confirmed that for me.

other than royals every single commoner flip we’ve had makes sense to location.
Also the Sheriff of Nottingham strictly speaking wouldn't be a commoner, at least not in reality but maybe in the game. They're not royalty. They're nobility. I don't know if that's a category.

And Nottingham isn't always considered the North, it's Midlands strictly speaking.

• Hmm
So 5 people haven't voted, MsP is sitting on a joke vote, and for reasons I can't fathom DocE is still sitting on me.

I don't know that mayo is the best vote. I don't know anything lol.
I don’t think DocE has been back yet since to chance his vote.
I think the write up from the other day's shot did enough to suggest James Bond, and then here again. I am Bond, James Bond. 007. License to kill.

I was BSing about a noob shooter just to throw the wolves off until I could use my last shot. But the part where I said maybe this will teach you all a lesson about vigilantes was real. I wasn't trying to teach you all a lesson on purpose, I was trying to be a hero, but you know, my reads can't be good every game.

I think the level of participation from Sunny and Finn being higher than Alissa also doesn't make it the worst choice on the board. We won't know until Finn and/or Sunny flip how bad a choice it really was.

Also I think I've proven that I could shoot anytime of day. I am confirming genny's claim of being shot at N1, and no one else is countering my claim.

Given that I had that choice, I could have hidden my shots at night and never claimed them. I didn't have to take village direction in this last shot. I think if I was trying to hurt village on purpose there were other moves I could have made.

If you all want to be pissed about me shooting Zenge, like, OK, whatever. But Alissa was a top wagon for like a million hours so you only have yourselves to blame for that.
The servers were down for well over 24 hours. I guess you’re technically correct that means she’s been a wagon for like a million hours but shortly after the servers came back up you didn’t give the chance of much further discussion
Um this make zero sense the more I think about it. I claimed the shot before it even happened in the write up today. How could I possibly be claiming someone else's shot? Unless you think all the shots are wolfy, the vig is wolfy, and I'm not the vig? Just pretending to be while the other wolf vig does their thing? Makes no sense. And mkg looked had for that shot on Zenge.

It is starting to feel like you have a brain disease where you try to make nonsense arguments where you read me wolf, mostly it seems because I'm not falling all over myself to see how village and useful you are.

You need to be pushed, because if nothing else you are a prime conversion target.
A brain disease? You just have no reading comprehension skills. I was saying that if Pippy didn’t put a direct Bond quote in the right up I would swear you’re a wolf trying to claim James Bond. If you didn’t knee jerk reaction everything like you do your vig shots you would understand that what I was saying. I’d assume you were a wolf vig trying to use James Bond as cover because your shots were so bad. I don’t think that’s true though cause of Pippy.

So thanks for revealing that all the royalty have 1x deathproof? Just in case wolves hadn't figured that out.

Seriously, I'm glad because now I know to never ever ever ever ever tell you anything by PM I wouldn't shout in all caps on thread.

Who cares if alissa knew your role. You act like that's a reason to trust someone.
I was saying I trusted her enough to reveal it.

The other Royal asked me to reveal it Saturday and I held off so back the **** up. They’re curious why the Royals keep dying when they’re supposedly 1x death proof. Alissa didn’t tell me of an attempt on her life before, but I’m sure the wolves have figured it out by now and it would just be knowledge the wolves don’t have and something village doesn’t.
I was assuming there was a strongman on the wolf team, but you one shottong Alissa surprised me and I’m asking about it for the other one.

Why are you convinced there was a wolf in the north? Why are you convinced the Sheriff of Nottingham is wolf? Why are you convinced the teapot stealer is a wolf? Why are you convinced they are the Sheriff of Nottingham? None of it feels connected or makes sense based on anything you've shared that's from the mod. It feels like interpretations based on very little except roles are related to starting location, but it's a jump of logic to get affiliation out of that fact.

And yes, as James Bond, location unknown or whatever makes sense.
Why am I convinced the Sheriff is a wolf? He’s a god damn bad guy. You really think they put the sheriff in the game and made him village? That’s why.

Also the Sheriff of Nottingham strictly speaking wouldn't be a commoner, at least not in reality but maybe in the game. They're not royalty. They're nobility. I don't know if that's a category.

And Nottingham isn't always considered the North, it's Midlands strictly speaking.
As far as I know there’s no nobility, and I’ve already responded once to you explaining why it would be the north, including mileage from cities. On this breakdown of location, they would start in the north. I’ve broken out maps in PMs.

Just to also add, cray you bring up conversions every game you’re in. Until you’re aware of a conversion mechanism you should really stop that. It makes it easier for wolves. We played off of it hard in ggoats and it helped us win because people were trying to add people who they thought may have changed tone and those kinds of things.

Also, if they were planning to convert me I doubt they would have silenced me for 48 hours and then tried to kill me the next night but ya know they may have a weird ass agenda I guess.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
I'm here now.

I guess the important step now is to make sure that the descriptions of people being killed by james bond-like figures line up to presumably villager vigilante actions and not to wolfy activity. I have mentioned it before (might have been to the now dead viscernable, so dont yell at me if it wasnt here in public), but making a wolf have day killing powers is just.... really.... unlikely to be a wolf power. IDK how much pippy thought this over (sorry to potentially criticize the mod), but its always seemed very clear to me that wolves with day kill powers have an insane strategic advantage as they can make the kill happen when its strategically best for them to silence someone AND they can act like a bunch of villagers all thinking up the same explanation at once. It leads to others who arent paying attention jumping on the same logical bandwagon that a bunch of "other people" all "intuited" at the same time purely because its the obvious interpretation and for no other reason at all. I even tried it out once in a game (and ironically gave nutmeg, of all people, that power) and it worked out exactly as I feared it would. Nutmeg smoked people at will and let his fellow wolves control the narrative on how the village should interpret it and got *a lot* of people lynched because of it without it coming back on a single wolf (ironically nutmeg was the next wolf to go down, multiple rounds later. But either way, no one looped around to the other wolves driving the narrative and called them out).

I say all of this because I *do* believe that pippy considered this on some unconscious or conscious level and wouldnt give wolves a daytime kill. But if other people think she might have - then know that if you TRULY believe a wolf is behind the day kill, that you should just stick your fingers in your ears and cover your eyes and ignore anyone trying to 'explain' the logic to you because its just too easy for wolves to work the story on this. I dont have better advice than that.

I still need to actually read the thread and see if the james bond references do seem legitimately benign or if there was clearly a 'night kill' that was also a james bond kill. If someone could clarify that I WOULD LOVE IT. Because I'm at work until 7pm EST and wont get too many long breaks to do deep analysis (after this post), I'll mostly just make snarky comments when I get a free 60 seconds here and there. I'm definitely willing to give crayola the benefit of the doubt and vote elsewhere if - and only if - a review of mod comments on deaths shows nothing muddying the water about if the guy with the gun may not be 100% on the up and up.

I'd say I'll read more when I get back home but I know I'll be too exhausted to want to, so I'll probs try to at least get ISOs in of these front runners between patients.

Initial thoughts though are that Finn's posts haven't seemed wolfy to me, so if the only reason her yeet is still on the board is because of this samac Robin Hood wolf-king-London-theory, then that's a terrible reason to be yeeting someone. I don't have much on sunshine besides the fact that her meltdown earlier in the game seemed pretty par for the course for her.

I love that we're voting for me but also more or less ignoring me. I'll give it until after lunch, but if y'all don't start picking up what I'm putting down I guess I'll dispense with the subtlety and break out the neon lights.

• Hmm
  • Care
Initial thoughts though are that Finn's posts haven't seemed wolfy to me, so if the only reason her yeet is still on the board is because of this samac Robin Hood wolf-king-London-theory, then that's a terrible reason to be yeeting someone.

So... you don't think I sound wolfy and you think the only reason you know of for voting me is a terrible one. Yet you're voting there anyways because you think ties are fun? Brilliant.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Now I definitely kicked myself for saying this last game I played, but Cray absolutely does not sound like a wolf on this page (79). I'd still buy a 3P theory, but I do not think she's a wolf.

@Crayola227 why mayo?
@DocEspana why Cray, especially in light of your mega long post just now?

and I feel like no one is really explaining their votes on me. Especially AM who made a completely naked vote.
You've been in my POE since D2. I've been saying why since D2. When are you voting?
I'm here now.

I guess the important step now is to make sure that the descriptions of people being killed by james bond-like figures line up to presumably villager vigilante actions and not to wolfy activity. I have mentioned it before (might have been to the now dead viscernable, so dont yell at me if it wasnt here in public), but making a wolf have day killing powers is just.... really.... unlikely to be a wolf power. IDK how much pippy thought this over (sorry to potentially criticize the mod), but its always seemed very clear to me that wolves with day kill powers have an insane strategic advantage as they can make the kill happen when its strategically best for them to silence someone AND they can act like a bunch of villagers all thinking up the same explanation at once. It leads to others who arent paying attention jumping on the same logical bandwagon that a bunch of "other people" all "intuited" at the same time purely because its the obvious interpretation and for no other reason at all. I even tried it out once in a game (and ironically gave nutmeg, of all people, that power) and it worked out exactly as I feared it would. Nutmeg smoked people at will and let his fellow wolves control the narrative on how the village should interpret it and got *a lot* of people lynched because of it without it coming back on a single wolf (ironically nutmeg was the next wolf to go down, multiple rounds later. But either way, no one looped around to the other wolves driving the narrative and called them out).

I say all of this because I *do* believe that pippy considered this on some unconscious or conscious level and wouldnt give wolves a daytime kill. But if other people think she might have - then know that if you TRULY believe a wolf is behind the day kill, that you should just stick your fingers in your ears and cover your eyes and ignore anyone trying to 'explain' the logic to you because its just too easy for wolves to work the story on this. I dont have better advice than that.

I still need to actually read the thread and see if the james bond references do seem legitimately benign or if there was clearly a 'night kill' that was also a james bond kill. If someone could clarify that I WOULD LOVE IT. Because I'm at work until 7pm EST and wont get too many long breaks to do deep analysis (after this post), I'll mostly just make snarky comments when I get a free 60 seconds here and there. I'm definitely willing to give crayola the benefit of the doubt and vote elsewhere if - and only if - a review of mod comments on deaths shows nothing muddying the water about if the guy with the gun may not be 100% on the up and up.
Not 100% certain how I feel about Cray yet (trying to override my Zenge feelings), but literally Pippy's first non-speed game has a wolf dayvig. The only ability a wolf can't have is innocent child. Everything else is reasonable.

Outside of that though, Cray seems to claiming anytime vig.

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Now I definitely kicked myself for saying this last game I played, but Cray absolutely does not sound like a wolf on this page (79). I'd still buy a 3P theory, but I do not think she's a wolf.

@Crayola227 why mayo?
@DocEspana why Cray, especially in light of your mega long post just now?

Huh? I voted cray for the reasons I spelled out at length two or three pages ago when I did so. Her having the ability to shoot a gun changes nothing unless the story actually checks out. And I explicitly said I haven't had the time to check it out yet. Everyone going "yeah that sounds legit" is not the same as someone actually going and making sure there weren't any kills that could have been crayola that we aren't acknowledging because she got to dictate how we interpret her power set.

I fully admit I will probably move elsewhere but not before I do my due diligence or someone else states they did a thorough job looking into it.

You've been in my POE since D2. I've been saying why since D2. When are you voting?

Not 100% certain how I feel about Cray yet (trying to override my Zenge feelings), but literally Pippy's first non-speed game has a wolf dayvig. The only ability a wolf can't have is innocent child. Everything else is reasonable.

Outside of that though, Cray seems to claiming anytime vig.

Anytime vigilante doesn't reassure me.

Do you mean the first game that pippie played in? Or was this one they modded?

I'm tempted to argue crayola just gave the perfect story of "there is no way to suspect me" and just decided to kill another villager to "prove" themself.

But the choice of villager just strikes me as someone who hasn't really put any thought into who might be a wolf - That's why they pick someone who everyone says "why the hell did you suspect them?"

But this is just me kicking around my current suspicion. I'm a very suspicious person. And now would be a good time to talk about those suspicions before everyone just moves on prematurely

Huh? I voted cray for the reasons I spelled out at length two or three pages ago when I did so. Her having the ability to shoot a gun changes nothing unless the story actually checks out. And I explicitly said I haven't had the time to check it out yet. Everyone going "yeah that sounds legit" is not the same as someone actually going and making sure there weren't any kills that could have been crayola that we aren't acknowledging because she got to dictate how we interpret her power set.

I fully admit I will probably move elsewhere but not before I do my due diligence or someone else states they did a thorough job looking into it.
I need to reread that post then. I only skimmed it because busy, but my impression was that you were explaining why we SHOULDNT vote Cray

So... you don't think I sound wolfy and you think the only reason you know of for voting me is a terrible one. Yet you're voting there anyways because you think ties are fun? Brilliant.

i think samac is the only person voting for Finn purely based on her sheriff theory.

lm voting her for her unfavorable vca. Especially being the late tie vote on Vis.

Putting samac’s theory to rest is just an added bonus.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm done with lunch and I don't know when I get back to my hotel so... I guess it's time for the neon lights.

So really? No one could figure out why I was implying to samac that voting me would result in the lost of an additional villager? I didn't want to have to spell it out on thread, but I have a rez. Can't use it until after cycle 4. Would really rather not die before I get to. Vote somewhere else.

I'm done with lunch and I don't know when I get back to my hotel so... I guess it's time for the neon lights.

So really? No one could figure out why I was implying to samac that voting me would result in the lost of an additional villager? I didn't want to have to spell it out on thread, but I have a rez. Can't use it until after cycle 4. Would really rather not die before I get to. Vote somewhere else.
I thought you were claiming vengeful or lover :laugh:

Please bring back Zenge.

Can I get your character name and starting location please

I need to reread that post then. I only skimmed it because busy, but my impression was that you were explaining why we SHOULDNT vote Cray

I mean, that's not the correct read of what I wrote - But I do admit that I was hoping people could convince me that I didn't need to lynch them. So I can see where you could have skimmed it and gotten the wrong impression from.

Day 4 - The Black Server Death Descends - Vote Tally

Finn (6)
- Mayo, samac, alley, cyndia, genny, sporty
Sunshine (6) - Dubz, barks, dina, LIS, AM, finn
Dubz (0) -
Mayo (1) - cray
Crayola (1) - DocE

SDN (1) - Ms P

@sunshinefl @finnickthedog you are tied
14/18 players voting
voting closes in ~8 hours

I thought you were claiming vengeful or lover :laugh:
It occured to me someone might think I was implying lover but those usually have a PM so I figured the absence of someone else coming to my aid would point away from that. I forgot vengeful was even a thing.

Can I get your character name and starting location please
Jane Eyre. Thornfield Hall. Though I'm unclear on why you're asking.

If this is more theory business, I stated pages ago that my role fits well in the North--though I googled for that info. It's interesting that you decided I must be a wolf (not solely because of theory as you've indicated you'd give AM a pass after flipping me) but apparently haven't paid much attention to my posts.

• Hmm
It occured to me someone might think I was implying lover but those usually have a PM so I figured the absence of someone else coming to my aid would point away from that. I forgot vengeful was even a thing.

Jane Eyre. Thornfield Hall. Though I'm unclear on why you're asking.

If this is more theory business, I stated pages ago that my role fits well in the North--though I googled for that info. It's interesting that you decided I must be a wolf (not solely because of theory as you've indicated you'd give AM a pass after flipping me) but apparently haven't paid much attention to my posts.
Thornfield Hall that it?

Last edited:
Thornfield Hall?
Thornfield Hall, Derbyshire or something I'd have to actually check the PM. I didn't because I'm at the store right now and I didn't commit the thing to memory.

Are you trying to villager code or something right now? I hope I'm wrong, because that's crap play. Between that and the looking at people's last seen earlier in this game... if I was modding some people would be getting shin kickings.

@Animal Midwife what was the game where I shot wolves every night?

and what was the game where sunshine and I wolfed together, with the separate packs?

No obligation; I can pull up my list later but running across campus for a bit here first.

@Animal Midwife what was the game where I shot wolves every night?

and what was the game where sunshine and I wolfed together, with the separate packs?

No obligation; I can pull up my list later but running across campus for a bit here first.
Breadsticks and Apocalypse