If you go to UTHSC San Antonio or TTUHSC…

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasSD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would really appreciate your help!! I'm a first time poster, and I didn't see another thread comparing these two schools, so here we go:

I have been accepted to both UTHSC San Antonio and TTUHSC and am trying to make a decision between the two. I am having trouble consolidating all the information I have regarding each school’s curriculum and really need to do a side-by-side comparison to understand what each school has to offer.
If any current med students at UTHSCSA or TTU could offer their knowledge on each of the following points, it would be so greatly appreciated! Thank you!
1. How is curriculum set up? (Which classes are taken when and alongside what other classes)
2. Test schedule (How often are you tested, how many at once)
3. Schedule of a typical day
4. What classes are mandatory? Are lectures podcasted/powerpoints posted online?
5. How are clinical skills taught?
Non-curriculum question:
1. What are the opportunities for foreign travel (preceptorships, etc.)? Does the school fund them?
Again, thank you so much for your help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would really appreciate your help!! I'm a first time poster, and I didn't see another thread comparing these two schools, so here we go:

I have been accepted to both UTHSC San Antonio and TTUHSC and am trying to make a decision between the two. I am having trouble consolidating all the information I have regarding each school’s curriculum and really need to do a side-by-side comparison to understand what each school has to offer.
If any current med students at UTHSCSA or TTU could offer their knowledge on each of the following points, it would be so greatly appreciated! Thank you!
1. How is curriculum set up? (Which classes are taken when and alongside what other classes)
4. What classes are mandatory? Are lectures podcasted/powerpoints posted online?
Non-curriculum question:
1. What are the opportunities for foreign travel (preceptorships, etc.)? Does the school fund them?

I don't go to either school, but location-wise San Antonio wins big time. I'm curious about the rest of the info myself =)

Non-curriculum question:

I also have been accepted to both schools and was wondering the same thing myself!!

The only thing is I have been accepted into the MD/MBA program at Tech and that is really making me wonder which school to go to. I guess it's nice to have options but I really don't know which one to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.