-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UT San Antonio (Long)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone heard back from here in the last few weeks?
msjackson275
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same :')radio silence here...patiently waiting😂
OOS II just now! LM 76, no ties to the state. Got an email stating that they received my application and "in review" early August.
Last edited:
OOS II earlier today!
OOS II today. LM 77.
They might just use a different review system/order for OOS applicants but I'd bet there'll be another IS Long wave in the next few weeksSeems like a lot of the ii’s that came out today were for OOS applicants. Anybody know if they prioritize in-state vs. out of state applicants at certain points in the cycle or is that just coincidence? Thank you in advance (and congrats to all who received invites) !!
for me it took 5 daysHow long did it take them to day they had received your app? Mine was transmitted 9/13 but still no acknowledgement.
OOS MSTP II today (1 pm)! LM 80 and received the application under review email 8/16.
I got mine one week after!for me it took 5 days
darkgreen2000
Full Member
II here yesterday! MD-MPH applicant 🙂 pretty stoked because I heard their interview day is really good.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Business formal at this schoolAnyone have any ideas to prepare for the one-way interview? What type of questions are asked? Also is there a business dress code for this as there is in the virtual interview?
II Wednesday! Transmitted early July
Out of curiosity- did you hear that about their virtual interview day or historical in person interview days? If the virtual, what did you hear was particularly good about it?II here yesterday! MD-MPH applicant 🙂 pretty stoked because I heard their interview day is really good.
darkgreen2000
Full Member
Yeah I heard about their virtual interview days this cycle from a few of my friends who had early II. They just said that it was a really laid back and friendly environment! That it got you really pumped for long.Out of curiosity- did you hear that about their virtual interview day or historical in person interview days? If the virtual, what did you hear was particularly good about it?
New publications are certainly worthy of an updatedoes the MSTP program accept updates? since there's no secondary, I feel that there's info (pubs, activities) not on my primary that is additive to my application there
What is update worthy? I started employment as a project manager for a cancer research organization, got selected as VP for a youth leadership program with Special Olympics, and my publication that I put down on my application was officially published (When I submitted my application, my paper was already "in-press". Now, it is available on pub-med labeled as "online ahead of print").New publications are certainly worthy of an update
On my planned activities section I put down the youth leadership program and clinical research coordinator (as that was the position I was applying for at the time). Now that my gap year has commenced, these activities are actually being done, not simply planned.
Depends on whether you are trying to get an interview or get an admit and whether the school gives the opportunity for an update and during which windows?What is update worthy? I started employment as a project manager for a cancer research organization, got selected as VP for a youth leadership program with Special Olympics, and my publication that I put down on my application was officially published (When I submitted my application, my paper was already "in-press". Now, it is available on pub-med labeled as "online ahead of print").
On my planned activities section I put down the youth leadership program and clinical research coordinator (as that was the position I was applying for at the time). Now that my gap year has commenced, these activities are actually being done, not simply planned.
Just trying to get an interview at the moment.Depends on whether you are trying to get an interview or get an admit and whether the school gives the opportunity for an update and during which windows?
Where would I be able to find information on which schools provide update opportunities prior to an interview or post-interview?
The portals usually provide space for an update. Some schools do provide instructions about whether they accept updates or not and at what stage.Just trying to get an interview at the moment.
Where would I be able to find information on which schools provide update opportunities prior to an interview or post-interview?
Who Are We Looking For? | UT Health San AntonioJust trying to get an interview at the moment.
Where would I be able to find information on which schools provide update opportunities prior to an interview or post-interview?
They look at a lot of factors before interview.
Also they do accept updates. More hours are not usually a reason to send an update, but if you want to email them to mention your publication, you can also list the activities you are involved in now.
- We are NOT Pre-Match offer heavy so most offers will be during the Match
- All interviewed applicants are in a waitlist pool until an offer of admission is extended
- If you have additional updates to your application after submission, please email your update to [email protected] in PDF format and name your document “Last Name, First Name, TMDSAS ID, Document Title”.
I appreciate the response. What should the subject line be? Just "TMDSAS Application Update - TMDSAS ID"?Who Are We Looking For? | UT Health San Antonio
They look at a lot of factors before interview.
Also they do accept updates. More hours are not usually a reason to send an update, but if you want to email them to mention your publication, you can also list the activities you are involved in now.
- We are NOT Pre-Match offer heavy so most offers will be during the Match
- All interviewed applicants are in a waitlist pool until an offer of admission is extended
- If you have additional updates to your application after submission, please email your update to [email protected] in PDF format and name your document “Last Name, First Name, TMDSAS ID, Document Title”.
Regarding my publication, does going from in-press (accepted) to actually being publicized make it a worthy update? I know admissions is busy and I don't want to send a useless update as well.
Lastly, will it be okay to include my youth leadership program in the update? I put it down on planned activities but as we know, those activities could change. So, is a confirmation that I have begun those planned activities an acceptable thing to update about?
I think their directions are pretty specific. If you want to highlight your publication, title your .pdf new publicationI appreciate the response. What should the subject line be? Just "TMDSAS Application Update - TMDSAS ID"?
Regarding my publication, does going from in-press (accepted) to actually being publicized make it a worthy update? I know admissions is busy and I don't want to send a useless update as well.
Lastly, will it be okay to include my youth leadership program in the update? I put it down on planned activities but as we know, those activities could change. So, is a confirmation that I have begun those planned activities an acceptable thing to update about?
The term is "published" by the way, not publicized.
If they are already aware that it has been accepted, publication date is just a formality but it doesnt hurt to submit that update if there is a link or a formal notification you can provide.I appreciate the response. What should the subject line be? Just "TMDSAS Application Update - TMDSAS ID"?
Regarding my publication, does going from in-press (accepted) to actually being publicized make it a worthy update? I know admissions is busy and I don't want to send a useless update as well.
Lastly, will it be okay to include my youth leadership program in the update? I put it down on planned activities but as we know, those activities could change. So, is a confirmation that I have begun those planned activities an acceptable thing to update about?
Radio silence from Long here. Have a lot of invites been sent out we just don't know about in here? Sigh...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel the same way--seems like Long and UTSW sent out an early wave or two to high stats IS applicants and then very little since![]()
Radio silence from Long here. Have a lot of invites been sent out we just don't know about in here? Sigh...
They sent me an II a few days ago.
Congrats to you!! That's awesome. Thanks for letting us know.They sent me an II a few days ago.
Still waiting for the big influx of invites. It's been sparse.
I believe they said to send them to the admissions officeFor those who have interviewed: do we send our thank yous to admissions office and they give to the people we interviewed with? Or should we email directly to them?
Either one should be fine- they'll pass along the message to the interviewer. You can also email them directly.For those who have interviewed: do we send our thank yous to admissions office and they give to the people we interviewed with? Or should we email directly to them?
IS II today, complete 08/24.
Is the one way video interview really optional?
Is the one way video interview really optional?
yes, it is optionalIS II today, complete 08/24.
Is the one way video interview really optional?
Congrats!! Stats pls. Thank youIS II today, complete 08/24.
Is the one way video interview really optional?
PM'd youCongrats!! Stats pls. Thank you
IS II today! Complete early August
darkgreen2000
Full Member
It is optional but I interviewed her and Dr. Kellaway talked for a while about how it really does add to your application so I would highly recommend it!! Does not take long and is super simple 🙂IS II today, complete 08/24.
Is the one way video interview really optional?
Also received an invite today. Submitted my primary the day they opened and had the rest of my supplements (CASPer, etc.) submitted in June. So if anyone submitted early and hasn’t heard back yet, there’s still hope.
texaspremed45
Full Member
Also just got II today! Complete 8/25
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suggest the admissions office address.Hmm kinda an out-of-the-blue question, but if I had an issue with my SOWVI, do y'all think I should email Dr. K directly or the adcom office or email the adcom office and cc Dr. K???
Is there any chance Long will give financial aid prior to the ranking deadline? I've prematched at 2 places but would still consider Long if they gave me lots of aid. I'm interviewing there soon and wanted to ask this question so I know whether to withdraw my interview. Thanks!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 77K