2021-2022 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone interviewed yet? If so, how did it go? Also are there multiple attempts on the SOWVI?
Yes I have and it was super chill and fun!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II just now! LM 76, no ties to the state. Got an email stating that they received my application and "in review" early August.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of the ii’s that came out today were for OOS applicants. Anybody know if they prioritize in-state vs. out of state applicants at certain points in the cycle or is that just coincidence? Thank you in advance (and congrats to all who received invites) !!

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like a lot of the ii’s that came out today were for OOS applicants. Anybody know if they prioritize in-state vs. out of state applicants at certain points in the cycle or is that just coincidence? Thank you in advance (and congrats to all who received invites) !!
They might just use a different review system/order for OOS applicants but I'd bet there'll be another IS Long wave in the next few weeks

Reactions: 4 users
How long did it take them to day they had received your app? Mine was transmitted 9/13 but still no acknowledgement.

How long did it take them to day they had received your app? Mine was transmitted 9/13 but still no acknowledgement.
for me it took 5 days

OOS MSTP II today (1 pm)! LM 80 and received the application under review email 8/16.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II here yesterday! MD-MPH applicant :) pretty stoked because I heard their interview day is really good.

Anyone have any ideas to prepare for the one-way interview? What type of questions are asked? Also is there a business dress code for this as there is in the virtual interview?

II here yesterday! MD-MPH applicant :) pretty stoked because I heard their interview day is really good.
Out of curiosity- did you hear that about their virtual interview day or historical in person interview days? If the virtual, what did you hear was particularly good about it?

Out of curiosity- did you hear that about their virtual interview day or historical in person interview days? If the virtual, what did you hear was particularly good about it?
Yeah I heard about their virtual interview days this cycle from a few of my friends who had early II. They just said that it was a really laid back and friendly environment! That it got you really pumped for long.

does the MSTP program accept updates? since there's no secondary, I feel that there's info (pubs, activities) not on my primary that is additive to my application there

New publications are certainly worthy of an update
What is update worthy? I started employment as a project manager for a cancer research organization, got selected as VP for a youth leadership program with Special Olympics, and my publication that I put down on my application was officially published (When I submitted my application, my paper was already "in-press". Now, it is available on pub-med labeled as "online ahead of print").

On my planned activities section I put down the youth leadership program and clinical research coordinator (as that was the position I was applying for at the time). Now that my gap year has commenced, these activities are actually being done, not simply planned.

What is update worthy? I started employment as a project manager for a cancer research organization, got selected as VP for a youth leadership program with Special Olympics, and my publication that I put down on my application was officially published (When I submitted my application, my paper was already "in-press". Now, it is available on pub-med labeled as "online ahead of print").

On my planned activities section I put down the youth leadership program and clinical research coordinator (as that was the position I was applying for at the time). Now that my gap year has commenced, these activities are actually being done, not simply planned.
Depends on whether you are trying to get an interview or get an admit and whether the school gives the opportunity for an update and during which windows?

Depends on whether you are trying to get an interview or get an admit and whether the school gives the opportunity for an update and during which windows?
Just trying to get an interview at the moment.

Where would I be able to find information on which schools provide update opportunities prior to an interview or post-interview?

Where would I be able to find information on which schools provide update opportunities prior to an interview or post-interview?
The portals usually provide space for an update. Some schools do provide instructions about whether they accept updates or not and at what stage.

Who Are We Looking For? | UT Health San Antonio

They look at a lot of factors before interview.
Also they do accept updates. More hours are not usually a reason to send an update, but if you want to email them to mention your publication, you can also list the activities you are involved in now.
  • We are NOT Pre-Match offer heavy so most offers will be during the Match
  • All interviewed applicants are in a waitlist pool until an offer of admission is extended
  • If you have additional updates to your application after submission, please email your update to [email protected] in PDF format and name your document “Last Name, First Name, TMDSAS ID, Document Title”.

Who Are We Looking For? | UT Health San Antonio

They look at a lot of factors before interview.
Also they do accept updates. More hours are not usually a reason to send an update, but if you want to email them to mention your publication, you can also list the activities you are involved in now.
  • We are NOT Pre-Match offer heavy so most offers will be during the Match
  • All interviewed applicants are in a waitlist pool until an offer of admission is extended
  • If you have additional updates to your application after submission, please email your update to [email protected] in PDF format and name your document “Last Name, First Name, TMDSAS ID, Document Title”.
I appreciate the response. What should the subject line be? Just "TMDSAS Application Update - TMDSAS ID"?

Regarding my publication, does going from in-press (accepted) to actually being publicized make it a worthy update? I know admissions is busy and I don't want to send a useless update as well.

Lastly, will it be okay to include my youth leadership program in the update? I put it down on planned activities but as we know, those activities could change. So, is a confirmation that I have begun those planned activities an acceptable thing to update about?

I appreciate the response. What should the subject line be? Just "TMDSAS Application Update - TMDSAS ID"?

Regarding my publication, does going from in-press (accepted) to actually being publicized make it a worthy update? I know admissions is busy and I don't want to send a useless update as well.

Lastly, will it be okay to include my youth leadership program in the update? I put it down on planned activities but as we know, those activities could change. So, is a confirmation that I have begun those planned activities an acceptable thing to update about?
I think their directions are pretty specific. If you want to highlight your publication, title your .pdf new publication
The term is "published" by the way, not publicized.

If they are already aware that it has been accepted, publication date is just a formality but it doesnt hurt to submit that update if there is a link or a formal notification you can provide.

Oh My Gosh Hello GIF by kate spade new york

Radio silence from Long here. Have a lot of invites been sent out we just don't know about in here? Sigh...

Oh My Gosh Hello GIF by kate spade new york

Radio silence from Long here. Have a lot of invites been sent out we just don't know about in here? Sigh...
I feel the same way--seems like Long and UTSW sent out an early wave or two to high stats IS applicants and then very little since

They sent me an II a few days ago.
Congrats to you!! That's awesome. Thanks for letting us know.
Still waiting for the big influx of invites. It's been sparse.

For those who have interviewed: do we send our thank yous to admissions office and they give to the people we interviewed with? Or should we email directly to them?

For those who have interviewed: do we send our thank yous to admissions office and they give to the people we interviewed with? Or should we email directly to them?
Either one should be fine- they'll pass along the message to the interviewer. You can also email them directly.

IS II today, complete 08/24.
Is the one way video interview really optional?

IS II today! Complete early August

IS II today, complete 08/24.
Is the one way video interview really optional?
It is optional but I interviewed her and Dr. Kellaway talked for a while about how it really does add to your application so I would highly recommend it!! Does not take long and is super simple :)

Also received an invite today. Submitted my primary the day they opened and had the rest of my supplements (CASPer, etc.) submitted in June. So if anyone submitted early and hasn’t heard back yet, there’s still hope.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
II today! Scheduled for 11/12

• Love
Hmm kinda an out-of-the-blue question, but if I had an issue with my SOWVI, do y'all think I should email Dr. K directly or the adcom office or email the adcom office and cc Dr. K???

II on the 22nd of this month, submitted in early July.

Is there any chance Long will give financial aid prior to the ranking deadline? I've prematched at 2 places but would still consider Long if they gave me lots of aid. I'm interviewing there soon and wanted to ask this question so I know whether to withdraw my interview. Thanks!