Indiana University or Wayne State?

Started by Reecit
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reecit

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a call from Wayne State today and now have a decision to make. Does anyone have any thoughts on choosing between these two schools?

Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It depends on where you live. If you live in Indiana, you def dont wanna pay 60K per year. I think ISUSOM is a very good school..Hope that helps.
 
I just got a call from Wayne State today and now have a decision to make. Does anyone have any thoughts on choosing between these two schools?

Thanks!
Which ever is cheaper. If you're in Indiana, IU. If you're not, I think Wayne is cheaper. I could be wrong. In the end, whichever puts you less in the hole
 
Yeah, I am currently out of state for both schools. I am originally from Indiana, but I haven't lived there for awhile. I should be able to get in state (hopefully) for MS2-4 since my husband will be working wherever I go.
 
The tuition cost for Indiana University is 42865, while Wayne State is 56000. The COA for Indiana University is 67,001, while Wayne's is 82,116. I'd go to Indiana University, even if Detroit didn't scare the crap out of me.
 
Yeah, try to see if you can get in-state for Indiana, in terms of getting job for your husband, Indiana would be lot easier right now. And also Indiana would be cheaper than Wayne even in case you don't get in state. Hope that helps!
 
The tuition cost for Indiana University is 42865, while Wayne State is 56000. The COA for Indiana University is 67,001, while Wayne's is 82,116. I'd go to Indiana University, even if Detroit didn't scare the crap out of me.


Aside from cost, does anyone think there are any benefits to one over the other??

And as for the crime, I went to St. Louis University, so Detroit doesn't scare me much, :laugh:.
 
So wait, were you waitlisted at IU or were you accepted and now just accepted off waitlist at Wayne?
 
I've already been accepted to IU and then Wayne State offered me a seat (I was waitlisted there).

I think IU is going to be my best bet, but I didn't know if there were any significant differences I should take into consideration aside from cost.

They seem to be about the same caliber of medical school from what I can tell.
 
I've already been accepted to IU and then Wayne State offered me a seat (I was waitlisted there).

I think IU is going to be my best bet, but I didn't know if there were any significant differences I should take into consideration aside from cost.

They seem to be about the same caliber of medical school from what I can tell.
All med schools are pretty much the same.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.