-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014
Started by BB8730
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone had their references downloaded and application complete yet? I submitted letters via Interfolio weeks ago and they are still marked as incomplete in my portal. I know it takes a while for references to be processed, but wondering if anyone is complete yet.
Mine is complete. I did my letters through interfolio as well, but I had them sent in June 24th (the same day as my secondary). They were red til July 18th.
Hmmm I submitted my letters almost 2 weeks ago
still nothing
darn it
still nothing
darn it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmmm I submitted my letters almost 2 weeks ago
still nothing
darn it
They've had my letters for a month and still haven't marked them received.
They've had my letters for a month and still haven't marked them received.
Hmm. Did you call them up?
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Hmm. Did you call them up?
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
No. They sent out an email awhile ago saying they were not going to start looking at letters until the 17th (a week ago). So I'm going to be patient. .
No. They sent out an email awhile ago saying they were not going to start looking at letters until the 17th (a week ago). So I'm going to be patient. .
I sent in my letters on the 17th or 18th and they're green. I recommend giving them a call and or resenting your letters.
I sent in my letters on the 17th or 18th and they're green. I recommend giving them a call and or resenting your letters.
Of june or july?
I sent in my letters on the 17th or 18th and they're green. I recommend giving them a call and or resenting your letters.
That is no good! Mine were sent via virtualevals on 6/24. I will call on Monday.
Of june or july?
July.
Yeah im gonna call 2 then cuz mine was sent weeks before urs
Could you guys that are going to call post on here what they say? pretty please?
will do
Anyone talk to admissions today about LOR processing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone talk to admissions today about LOR processing?
I tried calling, got a voice mailbox so I sent an email and am yet to hear back.
Anyone talk to admissions today about LOR processing?
I received a response this morning. I was told that they just started processing letters last week and to be patient.
Did you include your aacomas ID with your letters? I called today and they said that I didn't included it with my original letters. I resent my letters today and was told that try should be processed soon.
Did you include your aacomas ID with your letters? I called today and they said that I didn't included it with my original letters. I resent my letters today and was told that try should be processed soon.
I made that same mistake
Did you include your aacomas ID with your letters? I called today and they said that I didn't included it with my original letters. I resent my letters today and was told that try should be processed soon.
My committee letter was sent via virtualevals by my committee back in June. I haven't had a problem at a single school. I did send them a DO letter through interfolio. If it posts first, I'll know there is a problem.
My committee letter was sent via virtualevals by my committee back in June. I haven't had a problem at a single school. I did send them a DO letter through interfolio. If it posts first, I'll know there is a problem.
I know what you mean, I'm pretty sure Marian is the only school that requires the aacomas ID out of all the schools I applied to.
Did you include your aacomas ID with your letters? I called today and they said that I didn't included it with my original letters. I resent my letters today and was told that try should be processed soon.
I believe I did. Been almost 3 weeks tho. Will call tomorrow as I have been extremely busy.
Sent from my SGH-T889V using Tapatalk 2
My letters were sent 6/28 via veCollect aka VirtualEval. I didn't include my AACOMAS ID in my veCollect account at first because I had set it up long before AACOMAS was opened. I updated veCollect with my AACOMAS ID and within 24 hours my Marian portal updated with all letters received.
Hmmm has anyone who used Interfolio had their letters complete?
Hmmm has anyone who used Interfolio had their letters complete?
Nope... sent them in 7/23
Hmmm has anyone who used Interfolio had their letters complete?
I used Interfolio. Mine was complete a few days ago...
I used Interfolio. Mine was complete a few days ago...
When did you send?
When did you send?
Late June, about a month ago I think. It was green July 18
My letters were sent 6/28 via veCollect aka VirtualEval. I didn't include my AACOMAS ID in my veCollect account at first because I had set it up long before AACOMAS was opened. I updated veCollect with my AACOMAS ID and within 24 hours my Marian portal updated with all letters received.
I checked with my committee and they said that my ID is absolutely with my letters so I don't know what the hold up is.
I checked with my committee and they said that my ID is absolutely with my letters so I don't know what the hold up is.
the bright side is that they have everything they need... maybe they just haven't had a chance to update the portal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I checked with my committee and they said that my ID is absolutely with my letters so I don't know what the hold up is.
If you used veCollect, make sure your account is updated with your AACOMAS ID #. Log in and go to 'My Account' and enter the number if it's not there.
In their secondary email, MUCOM indicated they download the LORs once a week or on a specific day. I have my letters on Virtualevals, anyone know when they will be downloaded? and if its a quick process? Hoping to be 'complete' soon. thanks and good luck!!
In their secondary email, MUCOM indicated they download the LORs once a week or on a specific day. I have my letters on Virtualevals, anyone know when they will be downloaded? and if its a quick process? Hoping to be 'complete' soon. thanks and good luck!!
Definitely not a quick process. They've had my letters for over a month and still have not posted.
ahhh, thats crazy! well now i wait hahaDefinitely not a quick process. They've had my letters for over a month and still have not posted.
Dam so hard to reach her
I guess ill send in a email
I guess ill send in a email
Greetings!
Since this is the talk of the forum, I wanted to address some of your concerns:
First, please do not call the admissions office just to check on the status of your letters of recommendation. At this time, we are trying to catch-up on processing. Your calls, while appreciated, only serve to delay the process for everyone.
Second, if you can be patient with our process until the close of business on Tuesday, August 6th, we will be caught up. At that time, we will communicate with everyone who is complete and incomplete. Accordingly, you will know where you stand by checking the portal.
Third, next week, when we download new letters, we will email you to let you know that your letters have been received in the MU-COM Office of Enrollment Management and added to your application file. As such, you can rest assured then that we have your letters.
Fourth, once letters are received, they must be reviewed. This is not an automatic process. It takes time. With a tremendous increase in applications, you can probably imagine how busy we are at this time. Your patience would be greatly appreciated.
Fifth, paper letters of recommendation are being processed LAST. As indicated on the LOR recommendations sheet that you received, we do not accept paper. Accordingly, we are processing all electronic recommendations first. When time permits, we will process paper.
In closing, I greatly appreciate your interest in MU-COM. Our inaugural class starts in 7 days. It is so exciting to know that your excitement about us is equal to theirs.
Sincerely,
MU-COM Admissions
Since this is the talk of the forum, I wanted to address some of your concerns:
First, please do not call the admissions office just to check on the status of your letters of recommendation. At this time, we are trying to catch-up on processing. Your calls, while appreciated, only serve to delay the process for everyone.
Second, if you can be patient with our process until the close of business on Tuesday, August 6th, we will be caught up. At that time, we will communicate with everyone who is complete and incomplete. Accordingly, you will know where you stand by checking the portal.
Third, next week, when we download new letters, we will email you to let you know that your letters have been received in the MU-COM Office of Enrollment Management and added to your application file. As such, you can rest assured then that we have your letters.
Fourth, once letters are received, they must be reviewed. This is not an automatic process. It takes time. With a tremendous increase in applications, you can probably imagine how busy we are at this time. Your patience would be greatly appreciated.
Fifth, paper letters of recommendation are being processed LAST. As indicated on the LOR recommendations sheet that you received, we do not accept paper. Accordingly, we are processing all electronic recommendations first. When time permits, we will process paper.
In closing, I greatly appreciate your interest in MU-COM. Our inaugural class starts in 7 days. It is so exciting to know that your excitement about us is equal to theirs.
Sincerely,
MU-COM Admissions
Thanks so much for the update thats really helpful!
Thanks for the update!
Thanks MU COM. Appreciate the info 🙂
D
deleted480308
App complete (notified via email)....
Just got summer grades back. Any idea if I can send transcripts straight to MUCOM or wait for AACOMAS to update?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got summer grades back. Any idea if I can send transcripts straight to MUCOM or wait for AACOMAS to update?
Please wait for AACOMAS to update.
Thanks,
MU-COM
Does their website where you check your status go down for anyone else?
For me, its been offline all day.. 🙁
The portal is up and running.
MU-COM
Complete email!! Hoping for good things here!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 187
- Views
- 48K
D
- Replies
- 338
- Views
- 89K
- Replies
- 447
- Views
- 98K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 502
- Views
- 131K