Midwestern AZ waitlist 2011

dentalbuzz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd start this for those of us who are anxiously waiting for a phone call. Last I heard, the waitlist was around 150-180, and they are starting to take people off. Anyone else have updates? :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

The wait list isn't that long. When I talked to admissions they said that there were only around 100 legitimate people on the wait list. I got in yesterday off of the wait list, so it's definitely moving.

Congrats! Do you plan on attending? If you don't mind, what are your stats and when did you interview?

Also, when you called is there a specific dental admissions person that you talk to or is there just a general admissions number? When I called a few days back the lady told me 180 on the waitlist, but now I'm wondering if she really didn't know because she isn't with the dental department.

Members don't see this ad :)
these are dentalduck's stats he just posted them on another thread

I'm not sure exactly what my GPAs moved to after two terms of graduate work, but they're somewhere around ~3.3 overall and ~3.2 science and my grad school GPA is a 3.75 so far. I'm not positive on my DAT (I took it 2 years ago and haven't looked at the scores much since then) but I think it was something like TS: 20; QR: 15 (darn those probability questions); RC: 24; PAT: 19; AA: 20.

im on the waitlist as well. I was told there are about 100 or so people on the waitlist. They knocked about 50 people off the wait-list a few weeks ago. Good luck

The wait list isn't that long. When I talked to admissions they said that there were only around 100 legitimate people on the wait list. I got in yesterday off of the wait list, so it's definitely moving.

When did you interview and when got waitlisted?
thanks for replying:)

I interviewed on February 23 and was put on the wait list on March 1. I do plan on attending and can't wait for August 23.

I just withdrew my acceptance so there's at least one more spot.

The deadline to withdraw is April 27

Members don't see this ad :)
As of today MWU has about 140 alternates, all offers of admissions have been either accepted or declined, now it is about whether someone leaves their spot, please contact general admission with any questions

MWU

Appreciate the update KeepitREAL!

Got my acceptance call today! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Dr. Polk called about an hour ago. I interviewed with him back in November. I'm pretty sure that whoever you interviewed with will be the one who calls if you get off the waitlist. Good luck!

Dr. Polk called about an hour ago. I interviewed with him back in November. I'm pretty sure that whoever you interviewed with will be the one who calls if you get off the waitlist. Good luck!

Congrats! You will fit right in with half of the class.

I just withdrew my acceptance so there's at least one more spot.

The deadline to withdraw is April 27

There is a deadline to withdrawl? What happens if you get accepted to another school that you want to attend after that date?

Wait, did you mean deadline to accept with your deposit?

Last edited:
i called admissions today. They said that there has not been any movement. if anything happens, it would happen in July. Im not gonna risk waiting, im gonna reapply. I hope you two do the same.

i called admissions today. They said that there has not been any movement. if anything happens, it would happen in July. Im not gonna risk waiting, im gonna reapply. I hope you two do the same.

Last edited:
Just be patient guys. There will be movement, I can almost guarantee it. I heard from Dr. Polk, as well as many students, that they've accepted people as late as the day before orientation in the past. There's still a chance, stay positive.

I got the call today from Dr. Polk at 8:30 am. I am happy for myself, but I know this is hard for people on the waitlist. Please dont give up. I had almost given up. My application for the 2012 cycle was done and I was gonna submit it tomorrow.
Keep on waiting, but in the mean time take more science classes to raise that gpa. I wish the people on the wait-list the best of luck and I am pulling for you guys. (Destiny11 and Luv2PM)

I got the call today from Dr. Polk at 8:30 am. I am happy for myself, but I know this is hard for people on the waitlist. Please dont give up. I had almost given up. My application for the 2012 cycle was done and I was gonna submit it tomorrow.
Keep on waiting, but in the mean time take more science classes to raise that gpa. I wish the people on the wait-list the best of luck and I am pulling for you guys. (Destiny11 and Luv2PM)

Last edited:
Congrats! I'm happy for you. I hope I hear good news too.

I got a call yesterday, but I gave up because I'm going to Case so hopefully somebody got a spot.

I had already paid all my secondaries and what not for next year.

congratulations :D:D:D:D
Think about it this way, you saved a year, thus you will earn an extra year's of salary that will cover the costs of reapplying this coming year.