Midwestern University c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still have biochem and ochem in progress and I didn't, maybe you were accepted and they just mean they have to be done by Spring?
I got an email a few hours a go, I was put on the alternate list

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if the interview waitlist is basically rejection? Feeling kinda hopeless ;(

I feel like not hearing anything by now is probably not a good sign. :/

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like not hearing anything by now is probably not a good sign. :/
I think it’s a good sign, I got on waiting list, will treat as “bad sign”, but still better than plain rejection 😄

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Interview waitlisted this morning 😞 pretty bummed about it. Is there anyway to check your spot on the waitlist? Or does it move as people reject their spots ?

Last edited:
Interview waitlisted this morning 😞 pretty bummed about it. Is there anyway to check your spot on the waitlist? Or does it move as people reject their spots ?
Same here. I didn’t know there was a portal with questions to answer until last week. I’m mad at myself bc now I think that played a roll into getting wait listed

Same here. I didn’t know there was a portal with questions to answer until last week. I’m mad at myself bc now I think that played a roll into getting wait listed
A portal with questions?

They don’t really rank students on their waitlist for interview or acceptance. It depends on what the general application pool looks like.
Last I heard you get essentially re-reviewed with every group to determine if they extend an invite. A few classmates I had from here were interview waitlisted and I was acceptance waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes they sent an email like shortly after you applied and you had to make an account and answers questions. Check your spam folder cause that’s where mine went.
Oh yeah I did that when I first got the email.

Yes they sent an email like shortly after you applied and you had to make an account and answers questions. Check your spam folder cause that’s where mine went.
I never received anything I checked all folders spam , junk I don’t have any questions . Just that I was put on a waitlist to interview.

I never received anything I checked all folders spam , junk I don’t have any questions . Just that I was put on a waitlist to interview.
Yeah I don’t remember getting an email like that either. Just found out I was on the waitlist this morning

I submitted on 9/12/22, and got my interview invite yesterday (11/2/22)!!! This is my first time applying and will be my first interview. I'm really nervous and excited. Does anyone have any pointers/tips for the interview?

I submitted on 9/12/22, and got my interview invite yesterday (11/2/22)!!! This is my first time applying and will be my first interview. I'm really nervous and excited. Does anyone have any pointers/tips for the interview?
Congratulations! Honestly just be yourself and reflect on your experiences if you can!

Congrats! The interview is open file for some parts of your application. I recommend googling "vet school interview questions" and writing or thinking through answers to the questions. Doing that helped me to feel prepared with good answers without sounding too rehearsed.

If you're going in person really do wear good shoes to walk around campus in. I had to buy shoes last minute and they didn't quite fit and I seriously regretted it.

Has anyone who was placed on interview waitlist been offered an interview yet?

If you interviewed 10/26 check your portals!!!!!! Accepted check lists are up!

Congrats! The interview is open file for some parts of your application. I recommend googling "vet school interview questions" and writing or thinking through answers to the questions. Doing that helped me to feel prepared with good answers without sounding too rehearsed.

If you're going in person really do wear good shoes to walk around campus in. I had to buy shoes last minute and they didn't quite fit and I seriously regretted it.
Ah thank you! This is seriously so nerve-wracking. I will be going in-person too so I'm so nervous! I appreciate your advice :)

Anyone know if the interview waitlist is basically rejection? Feeling kinda hopeless ;(
I wouldn't give up hope as they haven't rejected you! On my interview day (virtual) there were three people who missed their morning interviews (two were no-shows and one had computer problems). Best of luck and keep your head up!

• Care
I was placed on the waitlist 9/10 and sent an interview invite 9/15. I interviewed 11/9.

haven't heard anything so far....getting negative energy🙀

• Care
I called Midwestern on Thursday to check up on my application and was told application status will be known on November 22. The admissions department had informed me that they have not been able to review everyone’s applications yet because they only meet once to twice a month. I’m desperately trying to stay hopeful but the anxiety is killing me. I interviewed on October 19th, but should I be worried?

It's worth remembering that people on the admissions committees usually are doing it in addition to other responsibilities--grading, teaching, supervising labs, etc etc. This is a really busy time of the semester for everyone, so hang in there.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many students are accepted every year? I had my interview in October and I felt like it went perfectly but I’m still waiting to hear back.. I heard that if you were invited for an interview than you have a 90% chance at being accepted? Can anyone confirm this

Does anyone know how many students are accepted every year? I had my interview in October and I felt like it went perfectly but I’m still waiting to hear back.. I heard that if you were invited for an interview than you have a 90% chance at being accepted? Can anyone confirm this

They said they interview 400 and typically accept ~200 (they said they accepted around 300 last year tho). Dont give up until its over! Its still very early on.

I called Midwestern on Thursday to check up on my application and was told application status will be known on November 22. The admissions department had informed me that they have not been able to review everyone’s applications yet because they only meet once to twice a month. I’m desperately trying to stay hopeful but the anxiety is killing me. I interviewed on October 19th, but should I be worried?
I still have not been offered an interview, nor waitlisted/denied one. So, to me, you should not be worried - you’re in a good place and you’ll hear back soon! Good luck

I still have not been offered an interview, nor waitlisted/denied one. So, to me, you should not be worried - you’re in a good place and you’ll hear back soon! Good luck
Thank you. I hope you hear back soon

Does anyone who interviewed on 10/26 remember when they said their next faculty meeting would be? I can't remember how long they said it would be and I didn't put it in my notes.

I called last week and they said the committee will be meeting up on November 22nd.

Reactions: 2 users
You’re welcome. I have been panicking because I haven’t heard back, and it’s starting to make me wonder

I just had my in person interview! Do people usually write a thank you email after?

Anyone heard anything today? Getting more nervous, I know the admissions committee is meeting today!