Mizzou or MCW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxC8H10N4O2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am having a difficult time deciding between schools and want to see if anyone has any other input. I know that it's a personal decision but other points of view would still be helpful. I was accepted to both Mizzou and MCW

Mizzou:
+ $20,000 cheaper per year/ $80,000 cheaper total.
+ Closer to where I currently live in Eastern Missouri, although I am not a Missouri native.
+/- PBL: I'm not generally big on group learning and I tend to be the slacker in groups (sorry everyone for being THAT guy) so I'm not sure how well I would thrive in PBL. However, I have been working/learning in health care for the last couple of years, so I have essentially been learning medicine through patient cases over that time.
+/- new medical school, but won't be finished until at least after first year.

MCW
+ Seems that students are very successful in matching to competitive residencies or programs of their choosing.
+ Very updated facilities with dedicated faculty.
+ My first medical school acceptance so I've been planning on moving there for a while
+ Extended family living in Milwaukee
+ Traditional lecture: Familiar, plus lectures are recorded and I'm an auditory learner

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I would chose MCW given the PBL comment.
From my understanding, group learning is a HUGE aspect of MU's curriculum. Yes, MU may be cheaper, but if you doubt that you can do well in that type of environment, there's no point in going there.