*~*~* Official Class of 2023 Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh the struggle is real. Still debating whether I should check first thing in the morning or wait until my interview scheduled for tomorrow is over before looking

Looking at what? I’m waiting on phone calls.

I was told it would both be posted to our portals along with receiving a call for one of my schools. They said we'd receive an email saying "a decision has been made" and at that point you could check the portal to see or wait on a call. I won't be able to take any calls unless it's before 7 am or after 4 pm lol

Reactions: 1 users
Ugh the struggle is real. Still debating whether I should check first thing in the morning or wait until my interview scheduled for tomorrow is over before looking
I'm interviewing tomorrow as well and the school I'm hoping to hear from does phone calls. I'm thinking of leaving my ringer on during the interview to assert dominance.

I'm interviewing tomorrow as well and the school I'm hoping to hear from does phone calls. I'm thinking of leaving my ringer on during the interview to assert dominance.

Lmao if you wanna really assert your dominence, you need to answer it then after finding out your accepted, get up and walk out the room saying you're no longer interested in the school :D

Reactions: 2 users
I was told it would both be posted to our portals along with receiving a call for one of my schools. They said we'd receive an email saying "a decision has been made" and at that point you could check the portal to see or wait on a call. I won't be able to take any calls unless it's before 7 am or after 4 pm lol

Got it. I think one of my schools will put it on the portal and call, but the other one doesn’t even really have a portal and is just a call.

Reactions: 1 user
This might be worse than waiting for MCAT scores :wideyed:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, not off to a good start. Didn’t get a call from cooper, and historically if you interview before October and don’t get called on October 15 it’s a bad sign. Didn’t get a call from usuhs either, but that doesn’t mean anything.

@freedoctor17 how’d the day go for you?

Well, not off to a good start. Didn’t get a call from cooper, and historically if you interview before October and don’t get called on October 15 it’s a bad sign. Didn’t get a call from usuhs either, but that doesn’t mean anything.

There's still plenty of time left in the day!

While everyone is basking in their good news, I got a rejection from U MD this morning. They definitely lost points from me for sending rejections on today of all days :p

While everyone is basking in their good news, I got a rejection from U MD this morning. They definitely lost points from me for sending rejections on today of all days :p

Oh man, that sucks. Was it an email? It would suck to get a rejection phone call. Talk about building you up just to let you down.

Oh man, that sucks. Was it an email? It would suck to get a rejection phone call. Talk about building you up just to let you down.
It was an email. Pre-II luckily, so I already knew what it was when I saw the email.

Still not amused with them, though! :slap:

It was an email. Pre-II luckily, so I already knew what it was when I saw the email.

Still not amused with them, though! :slap:

I got a pre-II R back in August. I was expecting an II but not really an acceptance, so getting the R was kind of a shock haha. Definitely humbling.

I got a pre-II R back in August. I was expecting an II but not really an acceptance, so getting the R was kind of a shock haha. Definitely humbling.
It definitely stung a bit!

I'm fixing it with some not-so-nice names for the admissions office, an oreo-topped brownie concoction that a co-worker brought, and one of those 4000 calorie white girl coffees, though! Would highly recommend everyone recover from rejections the same way!

Reactions: 3 users
It definitely stung a bit!

I'm fixing it with some not-so-nice names for the admissions office, an oreo-topped brownie concoction that a co-worker brought, and one of those 4000 calorie white girl coffees, though! Would highly recommend everyone recover from rejections the same way!

Haha. I had my celebration smoothie anyway despite the silence lol.

Multiple acceptances this morning! I even wore a navy suit with brown shoes and a non-plain and non-white undershirt in my interview. Wow. Crazy!!

Congrats to you all!!

Reactions: 12 users
Multiple acceptances this morning! I even wore a navy suit with brown shoes and a non-plain and non-white undershirt in my interview. Wow. Crazy!!

Congrats to you all!!

Same here! Navy Blue suit, brown shoes, light blue shirt and pocket square; tastefully stood out in my interview groups ;)

Ahhh accepted!!! From a blue collar family and I'm gonna be a doc

Reactions: 15 users

Got an acceptance at my number 1 state school and an alternate list at my second choice state school haha so it worked out well :D

Woke up to a nice voicemail for the acceptance so it made my morning. Still waiting for a third school but honestly compared to the one I got I don't really care about the last one anymore :p

Reactions: 6 users
Got an acceptance at my number 1 state school and an alternate list at my second choice state school haha so it worked out well :D

Woke up to a nice voicemail for the acceptance so it made my morning. Still waiting for a third school but honestly compared to the one I got I don't really care about the last one anymore :p

Congrats! I was hoping to join in on the fun. Hopefully I can soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today! tears of joy it feels so good. Gonna grab a cold one to celebrate :D

congrats to everyone else who heard back today, and fingers crossed for everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 10 users
Officially accepted today although i got the call like one month ago, its good to have it on paper (email). Its like hitting me that im actually in again!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted today! Its happening guys

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats on the acceptances everyone! And for everyone still waiting, I have no doubt you'll make out like a bandit by the time this cycle is over!

Reactions: 6 users
Damn, almost everyone got accepted today! Great job guys.
Not everyone. I’m still right here with you, bud! My neuroticism has kind of died, though, and been replaced with zen.

I totally believe in you and your chances. Like I said, if there’s anyone here I’m sure of, you’re the guy. I would put my savings on it.

Reactions: 5 users
Not everyone. I’m still right here with you, bud! My neuroticism has kind of died, though, and been replaced with zen.

I totally believe in you and your chances. Like I said, if there’s anyone here I’m sure of, you’re the guy. I would put my savings on it.

Thanks friend! I am sure we will both make it. It was only the first day, and whether we are the first or the last phone calls, we’re still going to be doctors.

I’m so happy for everyone that got in yesterday. You’re going to be doctors!!! We’ll be celebrating with you soon!

-edit made my question into a separate thread :)

Last edited:
I guess I’ll join the party and post: I got the phone call acceptance at one of my top choices!

Reactions: 16 users