*~*~* Official Class of 2023 Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Class of 2022, just dropping in to congratulate y’all that are already accepted. Good luck to everybody still waiting for acceptances to start rolling in!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
I can finally join this thread! Accepted today!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You know, you don't have to be accepted to post in this thread haha, but congratulations to those that have been!
I think those of us who don't have an acceptance yet are probably feeling too anxious to post right now! :p

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get an acceptance from UM (Miller) just now? I got a call at like 5:20 from a hidden phone number, said they're a 4th year student, and congratulated me on my acceptance. I was at work and doing a million things and didn't really believe it - am I tripping or did I really hear back from them that early??

Reactions: 1 user
You know, you don't have to be accepted to post in this thread haha, but congratulations to those that have been!

I should rephrase that I can finally join this thread to celebrate instead of inducing anxiety

Forgot to post because I was at an interview but I got accepted to one of my reach schools Monday :)

Reactions: 12 users
Any updates today?
Still just waiting very (im)patiently for schools to get back to me.:whistle:

In theory there are two schools I should be hearing from this week or next week, but I'm not holding my breath!

Have you heard anything back yet? (On my mobile right now so I can't check your signature lol)

Still just waiting very (im)patiently for schools to get back to me.:whistle:

In theory there are two schools I should be hearing from this week or next week, but I'm not holding my breath!

Have you heard anything back yet? (On my mobile right now so I can't check your signature lol)

Nope. Got totally ghosted from one school that said they would almost definitely call the week of the 15th, and still waiting patiently on the other. I’m coming up on 4 weeks for USUHS, so I should be hearing something soon God willing.

oof i feel like i just said something really douchey at this preinterview thing I was at. Got asked by a student if I was nervous and without thinking I said I'm more just sick of talking about myself at this point which thinking back about it sounds like a very douchey thing to say. I then went on to say I kinda just applied to this school randomly and didn't know much about it kinda making it sound like I didn't care too much about it (which isn't true nor what I intended). Literally didn't know anything about most of the schools I applied to except for location and stats lol.

I just feel bad because I feel like I was acting similar to the arrogant type of person I don't like making me feel like a total hypocrite. I'm pretty sure it was just because I was exhausted from the traveling so I hope I didn't come off as an dingus to the other interviewee and the med students sitting with me :(

This process is really getting to me more than I thought it would

Members don't see this ad :)
oof i feel like i just said something really douchey at this preinterview thing I was at. Got asked by a student if I was nervous and without thinking I said I'm more just sick of talking about myself at this point which thinking back about it sounds like a very douchey thing to say. I then went on to say I kinda just applied to this school randomly and didn't know much about it kinda making it sound like I didn't care too much about it (which isn't true nor what I intended). Literally didn't know anything about most of the schools I applied to except for location and stats lol.

I just feel bad because I feel like I was acting similar to the arrogant type of person I don't like making me feel like a total hypocrite. I'm pretty sure it was just because I was exhausted from the traveling so I hope I didn't come off as an dingus to the other interviewee and the med students sitting with me :(

Oh man. At least it happened at the pre-interview thing instead of the actual interview. Not sure how it works at that school, but at the one I went to, none of the people involved have anything to do with admissions. Just try to get a good night sleep so you can be fresh and yourself lol.

Oh man. At least it happened at the pre-interview thing instead of the actual interview. Not sure how it works at that school, but at the one I went to, none of the people involved have anything to do with admissions. Just try to get a good night sleep so you can be fresh and yourself lol.

Yeah it was a casual event and none were involved in admissions and I definitely feel like my brain is much less fogged up this morning lol so hopefully I can redeem myself

Yah it is an exhausting process. As soon as I hear back from one school I’m definitely going to cut down because I’m also pretty exhausted. A lot of the same questions. Rehashing a lot of the same stories / answers, but every time it has to sound like it’s fresh. And then some interviewers are stone-faced and super hard to read. Those have been the worst interviews. If I don’t get any feedback I don’t know where to go lol.

Reactions: 4 users

Yah it is an exhausting process. As soon as I hear back from one school I’m definitely going to cut down because I’m also pretty exhausted. A lot of the same questions. Rehashing a lot of the same stories / answers, but every time it has to sound like it’s fresh. And then some interviewers are stone-faced and super hard to read. Those have been the worst interviews. If I don’t get any feedback I don’t know where to go lol.

I definitely agree with these sentiments, I'm really just sick and tired of talking about myself - something I don't like to do in the first place. But (luckily or unluckily) I've had 5 weeks without a single II so I finally get a break from traveling and I'm really excited for it :clap:

Reactions: 3 users
I definitely agree with these sentiments, I'm really just sick and tired of talking about myself - something I don't like to do in the first place. But (luckily or unluckily) I've had 5 weeks without a single II so I finally get a break from traveling and I'm really excited for it :clap:
Enjoy it! I’m almost there. One more and I get a nice break to be with my family who I haven’t seen in a while.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah those stone faced interviewers are the worst. I had one like that at my top choice school and it really threw me off. Very short terse questions and didn't say much on their end except to ask another question.

But congrats to all of you on getting through! I've got one more Monday then I get a week long break that I can't wait for before finishing up my last few the first 2 weeks of November. Luckily 2 of them are in New York back to back so I don't have quite as much traveling to do. I have one more scheduled for the spring but I'm gonna withdraw from it since they give little financial aid and it's not really a place I'm excited about anyways.

I’m pretty disappointed in what happened with my civilian school. The interview day was very impressive (like I was impressed with them), and they flat out told us we would almost certainly hear from them one way or another on or around the 15th. I was excited to hear either way, but I felt like I had a great shot. It’s been nothing but complete silence. I emailed them to make sure they got my email with my thank you notes and to ask if they accept updates and nothing. Ghosted.

I’m also still waiting to hear from usuhs. I feel good about them and it’s still my first choice, but I had a late September interview date 2/2 my late June MCAT so I’m still waiting on them to meet on my app.

I actually started my AACOMAS application just to have something to do lol.

Any updates today?
I got accepted last week to my top choice! I was very fortunate; they told us a specific date (post-15th) we would hear back and were very transparent about their admissions process.

I have been slowly releasing the news, though, since I'm still kind of taking it in. At first, only my fiance knew. She told her family almost immediately, though. My family still doesn't know but they will soon. I'm almost beginning to wonder if I should just surprise them with the news at Thanksgiving since that is not too far away.

Guys, interviewing is tough. I felt the same way you all did. This week is the first one in 2 months where I don't have to attend an interview (my other week off was one where I was sick). The best advice I can give is to relax as much as you can prior to interviewing. The one where I felt the most relaxed/refreshed was one where I spent the 2 days prior staying with family OOS close to the interview. I just watched football all day then went out to a shopping area/a town area with them the next day. For the interview I had after that, I felt so good and on top of things. I work full time so I usually come back the day of my interview and begin working the next day which, in hindsight, I can tell you that it takes a toll you don't necessarily notice. Hang in there!

I emailed them to make sure they got my email with my thank you notes and to ask if they accept updates and nothing. Ghosted.
Dude, that sucks. Luckily, if they said that, they meant it. It's likely something during the cycle (new rules, something with applicants, weather, etc.) just delayed what they promised you. Hopefully their communication improves and they can tell you why it's taking so long.

I don't know how you delayed the AACOMAS app for so long. I couldn't hold out and ended up doing mine back in late August because I got a little anxious, haha.

Dude, that sucks. Luckily, if they said that, they meant it. It's likely something during the cycle (new rules, something with applicants, weather, etc.) just delayed what they promised you. Hopefully their communication improves and they can tell you why it's taking so long.

I guess. I had a third II that I canceled because I had done two interviews that went really well, and to be honest it doesn’t make sense for me to go to a civilian school, but the one I did interview at is in a place where I actually might be able to make it work if we wanted to do that.

I don't know how you delayed the AACOMAS app for so long. I couldn't hold out and ended up doing mine back in late August because I got a little anxious, haha.

Haha. I’m only going to submit it if USUHS falls through or I can’t commission or something.

Got in despite being told by the p(cat guy)owers that be that I probably wouldn’t ;)

I got accepted last week to my top choice! I was very fortunate; they told us a specific date (post-15th) we would hear back and were very transparent about their admissions process.

I have been slowly releasing the news, though, since I'm still kind of taking it in. At first, only my fiance knew. She told her family almost immediately, though. My family still doesn't know but they will soon. I'm almost beginning to wonder if I should just surprise them with the news at Thanksgiving since that is not too far away.

Guys, interviewing is tough. I felt the same way you all did. This week is the first one in 2 months where I don't have to attend an interview (my other week off was one where I was sick). The best advice I can give is to relax as much as you can prior to interviewing. The one where I felt the most relaxed/refreshed was one where I spent the 2 days prior staying with family OOS close to the interview. I just watched football all day then went out to a shopping area/a town area with them the next day. For the interview I had after that, I felt so good and on top of things. I work full time so I usually come back the day of my interview and begin working the next day which, in hindsight, I can tell you that it takes a toll you don't necessarily notice. Hang in there!

Congrats on getting your top choice early on!

Nope. Got totally ghosted from one school that said they would almost definitely call the week of the 15th, and still waiting patiently on the other. I’m coming up on 4 weeks for USUHS, so I should be hearing something soon God willing.
I'm sure you'll hear wonderful news very soon. I'm definitely rooting for you!

Just found out I either got waitlisted or rejected from Cooper.
Well then they don't deserve you!

Seriously though, I know it's super disappointing and disheartening news. I'm really sorry. Make sure you take some time to yourself to do whatever you need to do to process.

Well then they don't deserve you!

Seriously though, I know it's super disappointing and disheartening news. I'm really sorry. Make sure you take some time to yourself to do whatever you need to do to process.

Yeah. It's okay. USUHS is still my number 1, which I'm still waiting on. And it's my fault for not applying to more schools. But if my physical is good, then that's where I'm going. I have my AACOMAS ready to go on the off chance I get disqualified and can't commission, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

And I'm sure it's part of God's plan for me. So I'm thankful things are going the way they are supposed to. :)

Last edited:
I've visited 2 schools so far that I thought I wouldn't like and then found them to be amazing, and other schools I thought would be awesome were underwhelming... Makes me hesitate to cancel any interviews although I think at this point I just need to for my own sanity

@Matthew9Thirtyfive I'm rooting for you at USUHS, dude. This cycle process is long and protracted and often sucks.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in (and to those that soon will get in).

@Matthew9Thirtyfive I'm rooting for you at USUHS, dude. This cycle process is long and protracted and often sucks.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in (and to those that soon will get in).

Yeah I had no idea how much of a roller coaster this process is.

First acceptance today after two application cycles! :hardy::soexcited:

Reactions: 20 users
After 2 DO acceptances, I received an MD acceptance today to my top choice school! I am SHOCKED and THRILLED. Everyone here told me I couldn’t get in bc I was graduating in 3 years, and I am ECSTATIC that they were wrong. Thank you everyone for your endless help and support on here!

After 2 DO acceptances, I received an MD acceptance today to my top choice school! I am SHOCKED and THRILLED. Everyone here told me I couldn’t get in bc I was graduating in 3 years, and I am ECSTATIC that they were wrong. Thank you everyone for your endless help and support on here!
Congrats!

First acceptance today after two application cycles! :hardy::soexcited:

Congrats to both of you!

Got my first acceptance today. Couldn't have ever possibly imagined this day as a high schooler yet here we are!!

Congratulations to the rest of you!
.....And now I can begin to decelerate the neuroticism

Last edited:
Got my first acceptance today. URM with funky background. Couldn't have ever possibly imagined this day as a high schooler yet here we are!!

Congratulations to the rest of you!
.....And now I can begin to decelerate the neuroticism
Congrats!

8C1873EE-FB6F-401A-91BA-6D6B242A20A2.jpeg

I’m not really on the verge of tears, but it did make me laugh lol. Just here. Still waiting.

Some of us don’t even have secondaries yet...just sayin’ :nailbiting:

Congrats to all of you with acceptances, or all who have moved in the direction of an acceptance! :clap:

This whole waiting to hear back thing pretty much blows.... +pity+

I didn't plan anything for NaNoWriMo but I'm debating doing it anyway just to keep myself busy lol