Official Holiday WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I used the top hat to bring frosty back, I wonder if the magic is only good for one person.

My guess is that the resurrected person only stays alive when they have the hat on. Frosty was lifeless when the hat came off so it fits. If that's true whoever has the hat tonight would have to put it on nohika again to keep her in the game.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an exam this morning. No info...

so will jump on LIS' vote because I have no clue of my own.

lynch T4C.

If I finish early (and I usually do) I will check back in.

Two lynch votes? That's it. :p I've been sleeping and eating breakfast (two things I really need to function during the day). Anyway, if there really was no wolf kill last night, which is possible (my thoughts are the wolves may have: killed lissa again (wouldn't make sense if she was really just a villager), converted a player (isn't this about the time that usually happens), or they were blocked). I'm just going on a guy feeling here. lynch JDH

Stupid no editing. That should say "gut feeling" not guy feeling.

Just a hunch
****lynch jdh****

pretty sure that jdh is not a wolf.

and I don't like the trend of always lynching people because they talk a lot, or you disagree with what they say.

Finally starting to catch up there....so didn't jdh vote to lynch FTB before devyn posted about her being Professor Hinkle? Wouldn't that make him less likely to be a wolf?

I've never played with T4C before....is being quiet abnormal?

and I don't like the trend of always lynching people because they talk a lot, or you disagree with what they say.

I agree. I'm not just voting based on that, and it's possible he's not a wolf. If someone has some good information, I'll gladly change my vote.

I agree. I'm not just voting based on that, and it's possible he's not a wolf. If someone has some good information, I'll gladly change my vote.

Can you expand upon this?

It's just a hunch. I have nothing against him(?) just a gut feeling. Will gladly change my vote if some more info comes out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you expand upon this?

Not really. I just have some sort of feeling about it. I don't want to simply lynch a player because I don't agree with what they say. I could be wrong, and I probably am. I'm not known to be the world's best wolf finder. :confused:

I'm hesitant to jump on the T4C bandwagon. Anyone have anything more concrete?

I'm going with *****lynch foxhunter*****. She's not very active and could be sitting on useful items.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the grinch heart does exactly?

Nope...my theory is that it could turn the Grinch good (kind of like the chip and Spike in the Buffy game), but that is pure speculation.

I thought the Grinch's heart was super duper small. It grew 3 sizes (I think) and then he understood the meaning of Christmas. But I have no idea what made it grow :confused:

I am wondering this as well..... if we get it to the grinch somehow do we turn him good? :confused:

also not sure who to lynch yet.... leaning towards T4C.... as still not sure about him....

and yeah where has FH been?!

One last thing... Do we think Lissa's death was due to her losing the magic from Frosty's hat? (Sorry, Lissa if that is the case.. I was just returning it to Frosty). If so, do we think that someone could have been blocked last night or a possible conversion?

I am wondering this as well..... if we get it to the grinch somehow do we turn him good? :confused:

It is my understanding that he becomes good after his heart grows

It is my understanding that he becomes good after his heart grows

Yes, in the movie his heart is 3 sizes too small, but this is WW and things can't always be replicated perfectly... so maybe just giving him his heart will allow him to become good.

I tend to think that may be true because in group PMs we were discussing the grinch heart and trop's response was curious as to how we can be so sure that there even is a grinch role... so, I think that there is a grinch role and that role right now is not good but can become good if given the heart.

I have been made aware that the grinch heart may actually have a protective capability, as someone stated that after using it they received a PM from the mod saying that, "no harm came to that person that night." Has anyone else received this response?

Not really. I just have some sort of feeling about it. I don't want to simply lynch a player because I don't agree with what they say. I could be wrong, and I probably am. I'm not known to be the world's best wolf finder. :confused:

I am going to lynch orca

Only because jdh was pretty set on lynching ftb BEFORE any investigative info came out. Seems doubtful he would be a wolf.

Also, didn't someone try to resurrect EC with Frosty's hat - wonder why it failed then, if it will kill the person wearing it as soon as they lose it, why would it also be set up to fail a % of the time?

Just checked and FH has only posted 3 times, two of those were drunken messages...doubtful she is a wolf, but still, not helpful to the rest of us.

I am going to lynch orca

Only because jdh was pretty set on lynching ftb BEFORE any investigative info came out. Seems doubtful he would be a wolf.

Also, didn't someone try to resurrect EC with Frosty's hat - wonder why it failed then, if it will kill the person wearing it as soon as they lose it, why would it also be set up to fail a % of the time?

Just checked and FH has only posted 3 times, two of those were drunken messages...doubtful she is a wolf, but still, not helpful to the rest of us.

Orca has been very helpful in PMs and open about things. At this point, I don't feel any wolfie vibes from her, I could be wrong though...

I have been made aware that the grinch heart may actually have a protective capability, as someone stated that after using it they received a PM from the mod saying that, "no harm came to that person that night." Has anyone else received this response?

So there's a grinch heart item floating around? Could it be as simple as giving it to the right person (whoever is playing the grinch)?

Did anyone else who used the grinch heart get any reply back from the mod as to whether it protected or not?

For now, lynch Philliab. I know she was blocked last night and I think Lissa needed to keep the hat to stay alive, therefore either a wolf was successfully blocked, someone was protected or there was a conversion. It is the best information that I have at the moment. If anything else comes out I will change my vote.

Orca has been very helpful in PMs and open about things. At this point, I don't feel any wolfie vibes from her, I could be wrong though...

Did anyone else who used the grinch heart get any reply back from the mod as to whether it protected or not?

For now, lynch Philliab. I know she was blocked last night and I think Lissa needed to keep the hat to stay alive, therefore either a wolf was successfully blocked, someone was protected or there was a conversion. It is the best information that I have at the moment. If anything else comes out I will change my vote.

I didn't feel very strongly about the orca vote, it just seemed weird to throw a vote out for someone who just recently was onto a wolf, but based on this I will
unlynch orca

Will hold off to see if Philli has anything to say

When does the lynch end, I might have missed it, sped read through these posts

I don't think my death (either one of them :laugh:) has ever been discussed so much

I didn't feel very strongly about the orca vote, it just seemed weird to throw a vote out for someone who just recently was onto a wolf, but based on this I will
unlynch orca

Will hold off to see if Philli has anything to say

When does the lynch end, I might have missed it, sped read through these posts

5PM our time... :)

I think I can get on board with this, but how do you know Philliab was blocked last night? Did I miss something in thread, or is this behind-the-scenes?

I am going to lynch orca

That's been brought up a couple of time. I guess I'll follow with DVM. She's been helpful in trying to figure things out with group PMs.

unlynch jdh
lynch philliab

I think I can get on board with this, but how do you know Philliab was blocked last night? Did I miss something in thread, or is this behind-the-scenes?

DVM and I have been discussing this behind the scenes.

I know that something was done to Philliab that would have blocked her. Whether that something was successful or not... I don't know. Just that if she has a role, she would not have been able to complete it.

I'll probably miss the lynch.

Philliab sounds like the best option to me at this point. Lynch Philliab

I know that something was done to Philliab that would have blocked her. Whether that something was successful or not... I don't know. Just that if she has a role, she would not have been able to complete it.

Good 'nuff. My only hemming and hawing is that in most games, it wouldn't be typical for a block to prevent a wolf kill, since it most games it's done as a 'group'. I know some mods (including me in one game) have required the wolves to pick which one is killing, specifically to allow for being blocked (or to determine which wolf dies if there's some sort of defensive kill), but I think that's more the minority of games.

Hrm. I've got no gripe with your lynch. Just trying to decide whether I want to give up on my T4C lynch that I've pushed for a few days now.

Good 'nuff. My only hemming and hawing is that in most games, it wouldn't be typical for a block to prevent a wolf kill, since it most games it's done as a 'group'. I know some mods (including me in one game) have required the wolves to pick which one is killing, specifically to allow for being blocked (or to determine which wolf dies if there's some sort of defensive kill), but I think that's more the minority of games.

Hrm. I've got no gripe with your lynch. Just trying to decide whether I want to give up on my T4C lynch that I've pushed for a few days now.

I think I'm being confusing. I meant that when wolf attacks are blocked, I think it's more typically because of a protecting item, not because a specific wolf is blocked from nighttime action.

I do know that there's at least one object in the game that sounds like it prevents nighttime action (the string of lights), since someone used it on me (fruitlessly, since I have no nighttime action) Night 1. If that's what was used on Philliab .... I dunno if that would prevent a wolf kill or not, because I don't know if Dyachei is requiring the wolves to pick a killer or not.

It definitely isn't a for sure thing and I can see the hesitation, hence why I am also asking about the grinch heart and if anyone else has received any indication as to if it protects or not???... because I know that it was used one night and a PM was received saying that no harm came to that person, but on the next night it was used (last night) no PM was received at all... so if it is protective in nature maybe there is a chance that someone was protected from a wolf attack last night.

Yeah, why no rez love for me? :(

I had the grinch's heart for what seemed like all of 5 minutes one night. I didn't know what to do with it BUT I'm think if we go off the hypothesis that it makes grinch good, then perhaps whoever has the heart should give it to a player in the hopes that they will be giving it to the grinch. Don't give it to known villagers. I have it on good account that myself, SOV, LIS, and WS are all villagers. So try other players.

There is Sandra's sleigh. I had that two nights ago. Took a ride. Nothing happened. I'm assuming Santa is a role that should not be outed buy we probably should get the sleigh to him? How best to do that though is a conundrum.

leaving starbucks now to head back to my freezing house..... have to finish this damn case study - at least made some progress..... will cast a vote now since I am not sure if I will be back in internets before deadline....

go with yesterdays vote

lynch T4C

ehhh I know I've been quiet, but I'm just a villager.

Actually, I find it funny that the day I am finally able to start playing and posting more (free time at work) I get put up for lynch. Would a wolf really be that stupid when no one probably knew I was playing before I started posting today? :laugh:

Anyway....I have no defense because I am just a villager. Lynch away. I've got too much going on IRL to pay close enough attention to this game anyway.

But I would LOVE to know why/how DVMD thinks I was blocked last night? No role or items makes that absolutely impossible. Not up to your usually wolf-finding tactics this vote. Either you've been played or you're just seriously falling short. :laugh: