**Official PASS 2023 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What did you present, just pre and post X-ray, or complete sammary of cases?
Yes, pre-op PA and BW, post op PA. Chief complaint, tests completed, diagnosis and brief description of procedure; what was used during cleaning and shaping and obturation. I honestly don’t know if I had overdone it, but the endodontist I worked with recommended I do that.
One thing they asked me about was if I had any radiographs from recall visits, and how often do I bring patients back to get these follow up radiographs.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, pre-op PA and BW, post op PA. Chief complaint, tests completed, diagnosis and brief description of procedure; what was used during cleaning and shaping and obturation. I honestly don’t know if I had overdone it, but the endodontist I worked with recommended I do that.
One thing they asked me about was if I had any radiographs from recall visits, and how often do I bring patients back to get these follow up radiographs.
At least 6 months. A year post op would be great and longer than a year is also a nice bonus to check for healing.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an invite by email for an interview at USC for August 4th on zoom. I declined. Hopefully you guys hear from them soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
University of Alabama at Birmingham - email invite 7/15, interview 7/22 - Offers made
Loma Linda University -
University of California at Los Angeles - email invite 7/6, Zoom interview 7/12
University of California at San Francisco - email invite 6/29, 7/14 interview
University of Southern California - email invite 7/15, interview 7/26, 7/29, 8/2, 8/4
University of the Pacific - email invite 7/15, interview 7/26, 7/28
University of Connecticut - 6/20, 7/7 email invite, 7/20, 7/21 interview - Spots filled
Nova Southeastern University - phone call 7/7, interviews 7/25, 7/26
University of Florida - Invites sent 6/30, July 15th interview
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - 5/31 email; 7/18 interview
University of Illinois at Chicago - 6/30 email, 7/13, 7/14 - Spots filled

Southern Illinois University -
Indiana University - 6/22 email; 7/11 interview
University of Iowa - invites sent 7/7, interview 7/14 and 7/15 - Spots filled
University of Louisville - 6/5 phone; 7/15, 7/18 interview
Louisiana State University - 6/17 email; 7/22 interview
University of Maryland - 07/11 email; 07/29 interview
Boston University - 6/8 email; 6/16, 7/14, 7/25, and 7/28 interviews
Harvard University - 6/29 email, 7/15, 7/22 Interview - Offers made
Tufts University - 6/16 email; 7/11, 7/12, 7/14 interviews - Spots filled
University of Detroit Mercy - 7/19 email, 7/25 virtual interview - Offers made
University of Michigan - 7/14 email, 8/1 interview
University of Minnesota - 6/25 phone call; interviews 7/7, 7/8.
Saint Louis University - 6/10 email, 7/13 interview - Spots filled
University of Missouri-Kansas City - 6/24 email, 7/13 interview
- Spots filled
University of Nebraska - 7/1 email, 7/21, 7/22 interview
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - 6/21, 6/24 email; 7/8, 7/11 interview - Spots filled

Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) - invite sent 7/6, interview 7/20, 7/21 - Spots filled
NYU Langone Puerto Rico -
New York University - email 07/15, 07/25 Zoom interview - Offers made
Stony Brook University - 6/15 email; 7/7 Zoom interview - Spots filled

University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
University of North Carolina - 7/14 invites sent, 7/29 interview
Case Western Reserve University -
The Ohio State University - 6/21 Phone call; 7/14 and 7/15 interview - Spots filled
Oregon Health & Science University - email 7/7, 1st round interview 7/13, final round 7/27
Albert Einstein Medical Center - 6/21 email, interview 7/14 - Spots filled
Temple University - 6/28, 7/11 email, 7/18 interview (possible other dates)

University of Pennsylvania -
University of Pittsburgh - 6/22 email; 7/15 interview - Spots filled
Medical University of South Carolina - 6/27 phone call, 7/14 interview
University of Tennessee Health Science Center - 07/20 email, 08/05 interview
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - 6/13 call/email, 7/12 interview - Spots filled
University of Texas at Houston - 6/1, 6/13 email, 7/15 interview - Spots filled
University of Texas at San Antonio - 7/15 email, 8/5 interview
Virginia Commonwealth University - email 7/7, interview 7/22 - Spots filled
University of Washington - 6/25 phone call, 7/8, 7/11 interviews - Spots filled

West Virginia University - email 07/20, 08/01 interview

Marquette University -
VA New York- 6/6 email; interview 7/8 - Spots filled

Last edited:
To future endo candidates:

This is a rough estimate of how much you will be paying when you apply to 27 endo programs... o_O
Remember this is based off of the year 2022 application cycle. It will only get more expensive from this.
Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.41.53 PM.png

Reactions: 2 users

This is a rough estimate of how much you will be paying when you apply to 27 endo programs... o_O
Remember this is based off of the year 2022 application cycle. It will only get more expensive from this.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 357671
So annoying, but totally worth it in the end!

Hope this helps.

View attachment 357671
More than that... this does not include flights/hotels to interviews (which you're booking about 2-4 weeks in advance and definitely not getting the best prices)

VCU interviewed and filled their spots, West Virginia interview invitations were sent out.

Most programs will send offers the day of the interview, some a day or two after, but usually you can count on them filling most of their spots that day.
Last year's thread shows that VCU filled their spots after 2 weeks!
They had their interview July/16 and spots were filled August/02
Even in 2020, they interviewed July/08 and offers were made July/23
So this year is totally different, it is weird to have the interview on Friday Jul 22 and fill the spots on the "weekend"! Isn't it?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year's thread shows that VCU filled their spots after 2 weeks!
They had their interview July/16 and spots were filled August/02
Even in 2020, they interviewed July/08 and offers were made July/23
So this year is totally different, it is weird to have the interview on Friday Jul 22 and fill the spots on the "weekend"! Isn't it?!
Just because they said filled Two weeks later on SDN doesnt mean a whole lot

Offers still were probably made right after interviews

Does anyone have confirmation if UCLA made offers?
My gut feeling is telling me that it's safe to assume that most programs make offers within the first week of their interviews. So I believe Alabama, UCLA, UCSF, UF, Augusta, Indiana, Louisville, Minnesota, and South Carolina have made their offers already. But it's just my theory. :unsure:

My gut feeling is telling me that it's safe to assume that most programs make offers within the first week of their interviews. So I believe Alabama, UCLA, UCSF, UF, Augusta, Indiana, Louisville, Minnesota, and South Carolina have made their offers already. But it's just my theory. :unsure:
Do you know if they interviewed non-coda as well?

I would agree this is a safe assumption. On that list I know Augusta & South Carolina have filled their spots, and I would guess the same is true for all of the others.

I've been told that Marquette decisions won't be released until late Aug or early Sep. Do you know if that's true?

It's been a stressful process so if you'll indulge me in a little rant about something:

What is it with some programs ghosting their interviewees? I had several programs do this, no communications or contact after the interview. At interview day they make a whole show about "it's as much about you getting to know us as we getting to know you". You spend 6-8 hours with the faculty, residents, staff, etc. Many applicants spend a lot of time and money to travel to the school. Then they can't even draft a generic templated rejection email to send to the people they didn't accept (which are 12-15 applicants at most). Though looking back at those particular programs, it's kind of indicative of the resident experience.

Reactions: 7 users
It's been a stressful process so if you'll indulge me in a little rant about something:

What is it with some programs ghosting their interviewees? I had several programs do this, no communications or contact after the interview. At interview day they make a whole show about "it's as much about you getting to know us as we getting to know you". You spend 6-8 hours with the faculty, residents, staff, etc. Many applicants spend a lot of time and money to travel to the school. Then they can't even draft a generic templated rejection email to send to the people they didn't accept (which are 12-15 applicants at most). Though looking back at those particular programs, it's kind of indicative of the resident experience.

+1.

Happened to me last year.

It’s a terrible feeling.

Reactions: 3 users

Also -

To play devils advocate

You’re technically waitlisted in case someone drops out. That’s probably why they don’t bother sending rejections.

But it still sucks

Also -

To play devils advocate

You’re technically waitlisted in case someone drops out. That’s probably why they don’t bother sending rejections.

But it still sucks
I figured maybe that, but why not a “you’re an alternate” email. I know PDs that call all the interviewees personally. Definitely sets the tone for the program (that they care).

Anyway rant done, lol

Reactions: 3 users
Yes it’s awful. This is why i refresh this thread for any updates possible

Anyone else receiving rejections already? Just was emailed from San Antonio.

I've been told that Marquette decisions won't be released until late Aug or early Sep. Do you know if that's true?
I interviewed at Marquette last year. I believe my interview last year was Aug 4. They sent out offers 2 hours after the interview was over. lol. Has Marquette sent out interviews yet ??

Does anyone know if Marquette has sent out interviews yet?

My friend at Marquette said that marquette likely won’t start interviewing till early august

I figured maybe that, but why not a “you’re an alternate” email. I know PDs that call all the interviewees personally. Definitely sets the tone for the program (that they care).

Anyway rant done, lol
If you haven't heard something from a program that had only one interview date, assume you didn't get selected. Don't take it to heart. I have both been ghosted and had the call/email and honestly the latter hurts more because you know you didn't make the cut. PDs are super busy and this is just one aspect of their job. I keep saying that this is a game and unfortunately this is how it is played currently. If you are not selected, take a month or so and sulk and then pick yourself back up and prepare for the next cycle. That's what I did and I made it. Don't bombard the PDs with emails either, it looks desperate and gives you a bad impression.

As for the interview day, be social and humble. Talk with the residents and staff. Good posture and demeanor go a long way with the residents and faculty.

Reactions: 4 users
Anything from UPenn, Buffalo or SIllinois?

+1.

Happened to me last year.

It’s a terrible feeling.
I totally agree with you since It happened to me last year as well.
Last year was my first cycle applying, and I didn't know what to (or not!) expect. I know that ghosting is quite the norm within endo programs when you aren't selected, but it isn't polite for the applicants.
So, if you're selected, you'll probably receive a call the same day of your interview; If not, don't expect further details from the programs.

It's an overwhelming process, but don't give up. If you're not selected, I suggest reaching out to PDs later on to reassure your sincere interest in endo for the next cycle.

I interviewed at Marquette last year. I believe my interview last year was Aug 4. They sent out offers 2 hours after the interview was over. lol. Has Marquette sent out interviews yet ??
This is what I am trying to know..

I totally agree with you since It happened to me last year as well.
Last year was my first cycle applying, and I didn't know what to (or not!) expect. I know that ghosting is quite the norm within endo programs when you aren't selected, but it isn't polite for the applicants.
So, if you're selected, you'll probably receive a call the same day of your interview; If not, don't expect further details from the programs.

It's an overwhelming process, but don't give up. If you're not selected, I suggest reaching out to PDs later on to reassure your sincere interest in endo for the next cycle.
That's bad!
My friend told me that he had interview and the PD told him that we will inform you about the decision later.. and he hasn't heard back since then lol!!!
It's not right as applicants are spending time with you and maybe wanted to reject something else because he liked your program, applicants have the right to be informed!

Last edited:
So I think UB, LLU, Columbia, Case Western are the only ones havent sent out invitations right?
The only hope? :lol:

Thank you!

Friend said UCSF has made some offers and is not sure if more are going out. Same friend said PD is "slow to send offers" - maybe he is super busy (?).

Just got an 'application is complete' and sent to committee to review from UPenn Today. Also, I have a friend there saying interviews would start to go out in Beginning/Mid August

Declined UCLA interview for 29th, got accepted somewhere else. Someone else might be getting it. Good luck everyone.

What’s the deal with Marquette? The coda website says its accreditation status is currently Approval with Reporting Requirements (intent to withdraw). Anyone know what that means?

• Hmm
What’s the deal with Marquette? The coda website says its accreditation status is currently Approval with Reporting Requirements (intent to withdraw). Anyone know what that means?
According to the CODA Website (Status Definitions):

"Intent To Withdraw: A formal warning utilized by the Commission on Dental Accreditation to notify an accredited program and the communities of interest that the program's accreditation will be withdrawn if compliance with accreditation standards or policies cannot be demonstrated by a specified date. The warning is usually for a six-month period, unless the Commission extends for good cause. The Commission advises programs that the intent to withdraw accreditation may have legal implications for the program and suggests that the institution’s legal counsel be consulted regarding how and when to advise applicants and students of the Commission’s accreditation actions. The Commission reserves the right to require a period of non-enrollment for programs that have been issued the Intent to Withdraw warning."

University of Alabama at Birmingham - invites sent 7/15, interview 7/22 - Spots filled
Loma Linda University -
University of California at Los Angeles - Invite sent 7/6, interview 7/12 zoom, 07/29
University of California at San Francisco - 6/29 email, 7/14 interview - Offers made
University of Southern California - invite 7/15, interview 7/26, 7/29 zoom interview
University of the Pacific - invites sent 7/15, interview 7/26, 7/28
University of Connecticut - 6/20 email & 7/7 invite, 7/20 and 7/21 interview - Spots filled
Nova Southeastern University - phone call 7/7, interviews 7/25 and 7/26
University of Florida - Invites sent, July 15th interview
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) -5/31 email; 7/18 interview
University of Illinois at Chicago - 6/30 email, 7/13, 7/14 - Spots filled

Southern Illinois -
Indiana University - 6/22 email; 7/11 interview
University of Iowa - invites sent 7/7, interview 7/14 and 7/15 - Spots filled
University of Louisville - 6/5 phone; 7/15 and 7/18 interview
Louisiana State University - 6/17 email; 7/22 interview
University of Maryland - 07/11 email; 07/29 interview
Boston University - 6/8 email; 6/16, 7/14, 7/25, and 7/28 interviews
Harvard University - 6/29 email, 7/15 and 7/22 Interview - Spots filled
Tufts University - 6/16 email; 7/11, 7/12, and 7/14 interviews - Offers made
University of Detroit Mercy - 7/19 email (2nd round invite?), 7/25 virtual interview
University of Michigan - 7/14 email, 8/1 interview
University of Minnesota - 6/25 phone call; interviews July 7th and 8th.
Saint Louis University - 6/10 email, 7/13 interview - Spots filled
University of Missouri-Kansas City - 6/24 email, 7/13 interview - Spots filled

University of Nebraska - 7/1 email, 7/21, 7/22
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - 6/21 email, 7/8 interview and 6/24 email, 7/11 interview - Spots filled
Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) - invite sent 7/6, interview 7/20 and 7/21 - Spots filled
NYU Langone Puerto Rico -
New York University - email 07/15, 07/15 interview - Spots filled
Stony Brook University - 6/15 email; 7/7 Zoom interview -- Spots filled

University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
University of North Carolina - 7/14 invites sent, 7/29 interview
Case Western Reserve University -
The Ohio State University - 6/21 Phone call; 7/14 and 7/15 interview -- Spots filled
Oregon Health & Science University - email 7/7, 1st round interview 7/13, final round 7/27
Albert Einstein Medical Center - 6/21 email, interview 7/14 -- spots filled
Temple University - 6/28 email & 7/11 email, 7/18 interview (possible other dates)
University of Pennsylvania -
University of Pittsburgh - 6/22 email; 7/15 interview - Spots filled
Medical University of South Carolina - 6/27 phone call, 7/14 interview
University of Tennessee Health Science Center - email 08/20, 08/05 interview
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - 6/13 call/ email, 7/12 interview - Spots filled
University of Texas at Houston - 6/1 and 6/13 email, 7/15 interview—Spots filled

University of Texas at San Antonio - 7/15 email, 8/5 interview
Virginia Commonwealth University - email 7/7, interview 7/22
University of Washington - 6/25 phone call, 7/8 and 7/11 interviews -- Spots filled
West Virginia University - email 08/20, 08/01 interview
Marquette University - 07/27 phone call, 08/12 interview
VA New York- 6/6 email; interview 7/8 -- Spots filled

Last edited: