Rosalind Franklin versus NYMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pandaeac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm very excited to be accepted to both of these schools already. I'm leaning more towards NYMC for its location (I have family nearby) and its close proximity to the affiliate hospital.

What are other people's thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I would probably choose NYMC. I interviewed at RF and wasn't super impressed. The fact that most students have to move for years 3 and 4 is kind of annoying (at least for me).NYMC has their own affiliated hospital, so there is a convenience there. I haven't interviewed at NYMC, but I know a professor there and he is awesome and speaks pretty highly of the students there. If you have family nearby, that helps a lot as well.

I would probably choose NYMC. I interviewed at RF and wasn't super impressed. The fact that most students have to move for years 3 and 4 is kind of annoying (at least for me).NYMC has their own affiliated hospital, so there is a convenience there. I haven't interviewed at NYMC, but I know a professor there and he is awesome and speaks pretty highly of the students there. If you have family nearby, that helps a lot as well.

Thanks for the reply! I think that makes a lot of sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Panda! The OOS tuition are about the same for both schools so I would vote for whichever school you would feel more happy/comfortable attending. So my vote goes to NYMC :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats Panda! The OOS tuition are about the same for both schools so I would vote for whichever school you would feel more happy/comfortable attending. So my vote goes to NYMC :)

Thanks, Jimsy! How's your cycle going these days?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, Jimsy! How's your cycle going these days?
It's going much better now! I got my first acceptance a couple of weeks ago and now just waiting to hear back from other schools.

It's going much better now! I got my first acceptance a couple of weeks ago and now just waiting to hear back from other schools.

Nice!!! Where at?