SDN Pre-Vet WW 10th Anniversary Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also I'd like my cubs reading card pls

Reading card? You seered me and got nearly the sketchiest role name in the game.

Speaking of, @dolphin106258, what was your cubs role description in full now that the game is over?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Gotta say I'm glad the skelly army got justice this game, I think it got the bullet too early in STL's game and I was looking forward to it going the way it did in this game.
Didn't you shoot the original Skeleton King? :laugh:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was good Zenge voted me out, because had I lived I think I would have steered away from him as convert attempt, and Cyndia instead. Because I was worried he was 3P and the way he swooped into the vote spooked me. But too late, I was dead.

The failed conversion just confirmed it.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
It was good Zenge voted me out, because had I lived I think I would have steered away from him as convert attempt, and Cyndia instead. Because I was worried he was 3P and the way he swooped into the vote spooked me. But too late, I was dead.

The failed conversion just confirmed it.
YOU CHANGED YOUR TITLE 😍

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Reading card? You seered me and got nearly the sketchiest role name in the game.

Speaking of, @dolphin106258, what was your cubs role description in full now that the game is over?

Cubbie pls my wolf read of you and iso i quickly did over lunch came before I knew your role name

• Care
Oh it’s time for me to retire now, right?

*puts in retirement notice*
Try again next year, retirement day rolls around every 365 days and you want to collect that pension

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Double Ahems plus cray giving them multiple fair warnings. Cant put this one on the wolves.
Cray posted about her time posing as a stump and about how y'all should ignore us and @Truenamer threw shade at her saying her posts are "distracting" lol

• Haha
  • Care
Cray posted about her time posing as a stump and about how y'all should ignore us and @Truenamer threw shade at her saying her posts are "distracting" lol
I do feel like you and I put in a lot of work deflecting sus away from ourselves and our Great Master Zenge

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
I do feel like you and I put in a lot of work deflecting sus away from ourselves and our Great Master Zenge
Ahhh the great role of the stump. Noone to call us wolfy, no one to call us hedgy, no one to call us white knights

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I'm less glad that village considers losing to be a win.

You guys could try, I don't know, winning against ALL scum?

It's kinda nasty doing it this way, because the favoring makes it less about your team winning against all (legit) and more about who you want to make lose. Which for whatever reason is always wolves and never 3P?

I prefer as scum for village to lose to scum, but it isn't because I'm not trying to get my faction to win against ALL other factions. I don't celebrate the 3P win as though it is my own. Because it isn't. Treating a loss as a win is a bit disrespectful to everyone else playing, actually.

I'm all for village suffering, but it's still my job to try to actually win.

The village could take a lesson from that too.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I had a lot of zenge paranoia but felt good enough he wasn't a wolf so I let it go
Zenge: Has a perfect VCA yeeting wolves.
Everyone: OmG bUt wHaT iF iT’s ZeNgEs!?
:rofl:

• Care
  • Haha
No :rage: Woofs are an important part too and they also deserve to win sometimes
I just saw this.

I heart you and KD.

Amazing game design, I LOVED it and a great job too of balance and honoring site meta. Truly a masterpiece!!!

I wish I could play this game like, 10 more times!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

It's kinda nasty doing it this way, because the favoring makes it less about your team winning against all (legit) and more about who you want to make lose. Which for whatever reason is always wolves and never 3P?

I prefer as scum for village to lose to scum, but it isn't because I'm not trying to get my faction to win against ALL other factions. I don't celebrate the 3P win as though it is my own. Because it isn't. Treating a loss as a win is a bit disrespectful to everyone else playing, actually.

I mean, you have to remember village doesn't innately know who are the wolves are. You're playing from a perspective of knowing your partners, so it's far easier for you to burn yeets knowing it'll never hurt your team. Village has to take everything carefully and dissect it. You killed village's vig + me, greatly reducing their odds of stopping exclusive 3p in time.

These games are supposed to be fun as well. I lost very early on and still appreciate village's efforts they put into working towards their wincon.

• Care

I feel you. It's kinda hard to perceive that village lost I guess cause only villagers joined Zenge's army, so in the end, villagers ended up playing together as a group. Plus, the first of us being misyeets and early NKs were just glad to continue to play even if we changed factions. And we prioritized voting for wolves first so I guess we helped the village a little. But ultimately we did cause harm and killed villagers through booby-trapped items etc.

• Care
awful my PM friend became a smelly skelly :( our pm chat could have been so long

does that make me the only PM chat not to be converted?

still salty about the fluff misyeet then my misyeet... both sketch masons... so sad

Edit: fixed autocorrect "smelly" to "skelly"
No, I had a PM with mkg 😒

No stop that’s my line

• Haha
  • Angry
I don’t ask for permission, I ask for forgiveness after I do the thing.
No pension for you and your fine has been turned into community service while you're a grad student, the service hours are met by playing WW

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
SportShorties pls, neither of you is retiring. Both of you will continue to play as one small tot Lawpy cheers for you and everyone playing pls
no but fr I need a lengthy break if I'm not retiring. Like, a couple months at least. I'll make an exception for WildZenge's bastard game whenever they run that.

I have some modding I could do in the meantime. Or I'll hang in tot chat.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Back into the shadows I go as well. No idea how genny etc plays and works lol. Page me when games run 5 to 10 pages total again lol

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
So a lot of us switched up our profile pictures for this game. It’s actually @Aprilthearab’s :D

Also just so everyone out of skelly chat knows my PM addiction got me, alley, and PSV skellied.
I still have no regrets.
I chose to open a PM with you. I had NO idea the potential consequences 😂
This is like that time where my vig shot shortlist included 2 wolves and a villager and I shot the villager
How about the time I almost shot wolf!PSV during literary AND THEN CHANGED MY MIND
UGH
I talked about my numbers in dead chat! Finessing the PR balancing is a whole other thing that we can discuss as the game takes shape. But generally, I try to cap non-village at 30% of the roster, scum (so excluding the inclusive wincons) at 25%, and wolves at 20-22%. That 20 is based on a wolf-sided site meta though so I may play with adjusting up now that it seems the site is turning more village-sided. Maybe 22-25. Obviously some roster sizes make this difficult lol

This game I was just above cap on some of those numbers (total scum if wolves got a convert was 26.6%, total non-village was 33.3%), which is why village had 5000 different seer roles.

Edit: usually when I'm doing the wolf ratio calculations, I am not including inclusive 3p in the calculations, for the record. Though often 3p will village-side, I take them out of the calc since they don't count for village numbers. Still, wolves had lower-end numbers here even if they got the conversion (17% of total roster, 18% not counting exclusives, 25% wolf:village which is roughly the sweet spot for me), which is why their abilities were on the beefier side. Especially considering the chance of death at the hands of the SK or MJ's chaotic self. Without the convert, their numbers were super low, and since all the 3p did heavily village-side with the exception of MJ, it was a rough game for them.
Numbers is villains. Very impressive math lmao

• Care
  • Love
no but fr I need a lengthy break if I'm not retiring. Like, a couple months at least. I'll make an exception for WildZenge's bastard game whenever they run that.

I have been able to re-route the intensive game focus to other things by taking a break...

• Care
Suspicion should have been higher when the sporty gun killed Mel and PSV didn't claim to have created that item lol plus new ones still showing up after she was dead :laugh:
I just assumed that the items were random like the vending machine in Bioshock. And I died at the same time as PSV so I was not expecting the auction items to be player-made at all.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Zenge: Has a perfect VCA yeeting wolves.
Everyone: OmG bUt wHaT iF iT’s ZeNgEs!?
:rofl:
I literally had a gut feeling that Zenge was scum right before I died, at like 3am. I planned on questioning him in the morning, but then I was dead 🙃. Samac kept saying to me in PMs there was no way he was a wolf, but we didn’t really consider exclusive 3P at all.

Psssssssst: schitts creek time? 🥺

Psssssssst: schitts creek time? 🥺
Definitely this summer. I do actually need some down time from WW as a whole when my champs game is done, though. I get really emotionally invested in games and to do 4 in a row like this is draining for me. I feel like I'm running on the faintest of fumes at this point.

Maybe once Zenge and I get back from California at the beginning of July.

• Care
  • Love
I’ll put money on one of us dying tonight lol.

If it’s not me I trust zenge at least isn’t wolf when he jumped onto the sporty vote. He also likes PMs and I would pull him into the chat if it was me.
Shorty is also an ok choice.

I worry that shorty might yell at me if I add to her ANOTHER pm

Oh she would definitely yell lol
You can go with zenges

I meant paws vote
Not sporty
Was also thinking about her being on the paws vote and her being on when she was feels pretty okay

I gotchu

I hope Zenge isn't a wolf. I know he avoids bussing as much as possible and is usually against it

I guarantee he would not have been on that paws vote before your post. This sealed him as village for me.

Or at least not wolf
We can cross a 3P bridge if we need to lol

Ugh I hate multiball

Village blocccccccccc
Shorty
Alley
Samac
Ivy
Zenges
Sport sport?

If there is a cult we can't necessarily trust this but I'm just gonna pretend this is the "not a wolf" bloc

Not a wolf bloccccc

Wait are we both still alive? I’m confused on if it is night rn

It’s currently night. Night is closing at 9pm.

Shorty or Zenge for this PM? In case I somehow don’t die??

I’d pick zenge cause he actually likes them

Night Friday GIF

AHOY! A NEW NEIGHBOR - WELCOME ZENGE TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD
:hello:

ZENGE ZENGE ZENGE ZENGE ZENGE ZENGE ZENGE

Zenge
Pls be village
Or at least inclusive 3P if you’re 3P. I can live with that.

Zenges
Whatchya got
I feel that alley is an entirely safe space

Wow. 5 pages. Let me catch up.

Wow. Getting right into it! At least by me dinner first! I’M NOT A WOLF OR CULT OR WHATEVER! (Also I think you know that because I don’t bus!)

Conversions do have me nervous though so I’m going to keep things a little close to the vest. I trust that you’re both village. But if they tried to convert shorty, both of you are also prime targets, so I don’t want to say too much.

ZEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNGGGGEEEEEE

• Care
Back into the shadows I go as well. No idea how genny etc plays and works lol. Page me when games run 5 to 10 pages total again lol
Yeah this is where I’ve been at for a year or two now. It’s a lot to handle while working and the game length just gets worse and worse where it’s impossible to keep up and also do things you want to do irl too

Gone are the days of “it’s a one hour a day commitment” and that’s unfortunate 😅

• Care
Me: we can cross the 3P bridge when we come to it

IT WAS FINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEE

• Haha
  • Angry
So whats this mean for the zenge reading card I was working on?
cause I was sure he want wolf
but 3Ps are hardddd

• Care
  • Sad
Yeah this is where I’ve been at for a year or two now. It’s a lot to handle while working and the game length just gets worse and worse where it’s impossible to keep up and also do things you want to do irl too

Gone are the days of “it’s a one hour a day commitment” and that’s unfortunate 😅
Based on this game I think a "100 post maximum" is going to be an important inclusion for at least the first few day cycles moving forward.

Though the smaller recent games haven't been bad.

• Care
There's no way I'm gonna be able to read everything so I just have to know

@Barkley13 WHAT HAPPENED ON THAT NIGHT THAT I TRACKED YOU TO CUBS AND THEN NEITHER OF US KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON

• Hmm
  • Wow
  • Care
Oh wow, truly didn't see that coming! (Even though I reallyyyyyy should have, in hindsight.) Congrats to the skellies!
Also why did y'all make me mistrust my literally mod-given info about the exclusive 3P group, I warned y'all D2. 🤦‍♀️

• Care
I just saw this.

I heart you and KD.

Amazing game design, I LOVED it and a great job too of balance and honoring site meta. Truly a masterpiece!!!

I wish I could play this game like, 10 more times!
I'm glad you had fun :biglove:

• Care
I did have a thought about running a game just for the busy/lower posting peeps. Would you be interested in something like that?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
I did have a thought about running a game just for the busy/lower posting peeps. Would you be interested in something like that?
@SportPonies @dolphin106258 @capri1722 too. Probably others I'm not thinking of. Just something that would be intentionally slower paced. Others could play too even if they usually post a lot but it would have a really low post cap or something.

• Love
  • Care
I chose to open a PM with you. I had NO idea the potential consequences 😂

How about the time I almost shot wolf!PSV during literary AND THEN CHANGED MY MIND
UGH

Numbers is villains. Very impressive math lmao
WW numbers are the ONLY numbers I enjoy lol

I was also doing calculations each time Zenge submitted an item to make sure it wasn't going to break the game.

• Love
Based on this game I think a "100 post maximum" is going to be an important inclusion for at least the first few day cycles moving forward.

Though the smaller recent games haven't been bad.
Yeah it was combination of large roster and highposters. Not as bad in a smaller game but the highposters post even more when they have more people to talk to, and then of course there's just more people posting. I actually find playing games over 20 players pretty exhausting myself, I like smol rosters. Though you can do more with larger rosters as a mod.

• Care