SDN Pre-Vet WW 10th Anniversary Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree. The roster had 30 players and our goal was to have greater numbers than the living. All the 3ps and wolves etc, couldn't have joined us. We could only grow through villager misyeets OR if we guessed right every other odd night. We couldn't kill and only got 1 collective vote.
Without the items, the game would have dragged. It was already more than 2 weeks long. All people had to do was seer/kill Zenge and they didn't, so we won. Even the car he was using wasn't working half the time and he only used it twice. Plus the RNG made sure that items weren't catered to one player specifically. We were 3 stumps for a loooong time until PSV and alley died, and joined but Zenge didn;t kill them. And most NK couldn't join, only those that got specific items.
Aannd Village had a tinkerer too
This was on village and not wolves. We tried seering Zenge, and the result wasn't that useful. Tons of nerfed seers in game. We couldn't be expected to NK every scum in the game, as it is we did use 2 NKs on scum (Paws, Shorty) and another action that killed exclusive scum (AM). AND we used our conversion on Shorty and Zenge (who we also seered) so a huge waste of night actions went towards exclusive scum this game.

It was up to village to act to help stop the necromancer.

I literally bent over backwards and probably compromised my faction's wincon by how much I tried to help get 3Ps out of the game.

If villagers and wolves band together to stop 3P, they will be unstoppable in doing so generally. I could write an essay on why this will be true.

Then it becomes a game between the villagers and wolves, which is basically even ground and what everyone is familiar with.

The stumps being 3P and protecting Zenge, could NEVER truly be expected to help village win against scum. Sure, they helped against wolves. But they didn't help against Zenge. They couldn't be counted on the speak truth which was what I said the whole time.

And I was on the sidelines, reading, and knew how much of a distraction the stumps were and how much what they were saying was affecting gameplay. That seems cool and all when it seems like it's hunting wolves, but I could also see how it was distracting from other players and such. I had enough info to see the scumming taking place.

Sometimes I see the evidence of scumming even from players that think they are village siding and that a different wincon isn't affecting their play, but it's BS.

Reactions: 2 users
That's correct, I knew who they were from the start so tried to create distancing that would be natural from their side. Unfortunately it made them suspect me as 3p
Not too unfortunately imho. I thought it was great play, because on one hand, I was like, Paws is really helping the wolves here, and then I was like, wait Paws is really not being my friend now, and the whole thing I thought was well played. It made me suspect you for lost wolf, but it also made me inclined to domesticate you, and that was why we had you target AM vs the other way around. I thought it was well played and allowed us to add you.

It's arguable the value of a wolf that is so deep in cover that other wolves will naturally push their yeet and bus them, and the value of the extra NK, vs maybe it was worse that we worked so hard to bring you into the pack.

But I would argue that working as a team is still the greatest wolf advantage that exists, and is important enough for battling the village and hordes of individual scum, to outweigh that.

The extra death built into the game (SK, village vig) was too dangerous for us not to eliminate even though the attempt made us lose some wolfy firepower (you on your own) and it slowed down the village deaths. And the SK and village vig in addition were too dangerous.

I'm not the best wolf ever, but I do think it's sound strategy for wolves to seek to control NKs. It's one of our most powerful powers, and the disadvantage in numbers wolves have vis a vis village is best not compounded losing a wolf to scum who can claim the cred. Then the only way for wolves to deal with that is to spend a NK on a scum, so it doesn't really bring you closer to parity when non wolf scum make themselves less yeetable because they killed a wolf.

Shorty and MJ didn't have overt killing powers, or at least not often, so those are examples of 3P to potentially domesticate.

A SK is going to be very difficult to domesticate.

Anyway, it's always so good in theory to let a 3P with kill power kill, but how do you know that they kill more villagers than wolves? Killing villagers gets you closer to parity, but losing wolves makes it harder to get there beyond just needing to survive another cycle to get to end game. NK 3P doesn't get you closer to parity per se, but it does give you NK control and it can protect wolves.

Take Doc S. I also suspected of being scum. But from what I could tell, no firepower and no harmful PR. So no need to act.

Maybe it would have been better not to find you, I dunno. I still thought you played well. Because I think it's challenging in a game like this as a lost wolf to signal to your packmates who you are without village catching on, and without scum also catching on.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This was on village and not wolves. We tried seering Zenge, and the result wasn't that useful. Tons of nerfed seers in game. We couldn't be expected to NK every scum in the game, as it is we did use 2 NKs on scum (Paws, Shorty) and another action that killed exclusive scum (AM). AND we used our conversion on Shorty and Zenge (who we also seered) so a huge waste of night actions went towards exclusive scum this game.

I literally bent over backwards and probably compromised my faction's wincon by how much I tried to help get 3Ps out of the game.

If villagers and wolves band together to stop 3P, they will be unstoppable in doing so generally. I could write an essay on why this will be true.

Then it becomes a game between the villagers and wolves, which is basically even ground and what everyone is familiar with.

The stumps being 3P and protecting Zenge, could NEVER truly be expected to help village win against scum. Sure, they helped against wolves. But they didn't help against Zenge. They couldn't be counted on the speak truth which was what I said the whole time.

And I was on the sidelines, reading, and knew how much of a distraction the stumps were and how much what they were saying was affecting gameplay. That seems cool and all when it seems like it's hunting wolves, but I could also see how it was distracting from other players and such. I had enough info to see the scumming taking place.

Sometimes I see the evidence of scumming even from players that think they are village siding and that a different wincon isn't affecting their play, but it's BS.
No you re right we were soft-defending Zenge on thread so that he doesn’t get yeeted out. That was our goal. And trying to wolfhunt sure, but only to establish Zenge’s village cred. We were debating letting cubs live to do another kill for us vs yeeting him to protect our master from a NK. Any misyeets were directly beneficial to us. Stumps weren’t village sided at all

• Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 6 users

I guess... What makes you so sure this strategy would work in multiball games? Truly curious. In another game we played, I was making pretty bad wolf reads and was hunting for a cult leader with the wolf pack and village. We didn't win, though one of the other remaining villagers was wanting to throw the game to the wolves. The two of us were almost kingmaker to scum faction of choice, but we had a blast despite losing. 3P still won. In another game where I was a serial killer, I was trying to soft to the wolves that I was a lost wolf, in the hopes that we could team up and deal with each other later. Ended up being a wolf win! Even after I threw gamesolving information at village. It's the game, you know? Nothing wrong with having fun even if you didn't win.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@Crayola227 I’m really sympathetic to your frustration this game, it really sucks feeling like you’re being targeted and excluded from playing for differing game opinions - especially when you played your heart out and seriously had a great game in terms of solving. I haven’t read the whole thread and I can’t read people’s minds/intentions so I can’t say that that didn’t happen, but I feel there’s been a miscommunication about why you were eliminated. For me at least (and I’m pretty sure for almost everyone else, although again I can’t speak for them), I didn’t disagree with much of your game opinions nor would I think you’re a wolf or a bad player for a difference of opinion. I also didn’t vote you for 3p hunting or thjnk that you wouldn’t 3p hunt as a villager. It was the way you were 3p hunting specifically, at the exclusion of wolf hunting - in a number of posts you were specifically calling out people as potential 3p, and few as potential wolves (or at least, your 3p reads felt more engaged/sincere/memorable). You were frustrated about people saying this, because (and I agree), from an uninformed perspective you usually can’t distinguish 3p vs wolf, you can just hunt scum - but this is partly exactly why the specific 3p hunting seemed telling, it looked like you had TMI that scum you were hunting were 3p. The other part is that there are some reasons for reading someone 3p that don’t apply to wolves (things that point to some different wincon than parity or eliminating wolves, associations with stumps, etc), and some things that only apply to wolves (interactions with other wolves), and your reasons for voting people were in line with the former, not the latter. The last part was the tone and approach you took in scumhunting, it reminded me of Bioshock and RvB. But not the 3p hunting itself, not at all.

FR, congrats on how well you solved a lot of the 3p stuff, and please don’t take being voted out as people turning up their nose at the theory you offered. We (well, at least I assume others as well) appreciated your theory posts and didn’t vote you as a “neener neener we don’t want to hear from you anymore, die evil wolfy you suck!”, but because voting wolves and 3p is what village gotta do. There wasn’t a conscious choice of “we want to vote out all the wolves and allow potentially-exclusive 3p to run free”, we just searched for scum and happened to find all the wolves but not all the exclusives.
Thanks Alley, I know you and Cyndia specifically were listening.

What is happening, and it's happened across more than one game where I have been BOTH affiliations, is basically feeling helpless to get people to consider non-wolf scum or act to stop them. The # of exclusive scum wins we've had has been insane.

The frustration is to the point that, it basically is what gets me yeeted as both affiliations. It's not that I'm not smart enough to realize that it's leaking TMI to the thread, I'm aware this is giving me away.

But it's very frustrating that even if I came to thread and said "hey, I'm a wolf and I know Shorty is 3P because we tried to convert her and it failed" WIFOM arguments aside, like even when she flips 3P everyone is just content with that because she was "pro village" and like, the way that gets used itself is like srs guys what the actual ****.

Iirc her wincon before and after death is not what I would call innocuous.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I once had something similar where I needed the game to get to a certain length, and I had village sided too hard and got wolves out too early. So at some point I ended up pumping the brakes and trying to push some villager misyeets towards the end in order to meet my wincon.

While that may have been provillage enough as play that village didn't feel I was high priority to yeet, nor could we really argue that nothing I said or did deserved to be met with some healthy skepticism. That's the thing with wincons that Don't align with village's, rarely is it possible to work to achieve a wincon different than village's and not ever be working against village at some point.

Like, no joke, the current site meta is basically 3P-sided to a point that I literally cannot enjoy playing anymore as ANY affiliation. Even if I randed 3P.

Ufh rant

• Care
Reactions: 8 users

What is happening, and it's happened across more than one game where I have been BOTH affiliations, is basically feeling helpless to get people to consider non-wolf scum or act to stop them. The # of exclusive scum wins we've had has been insane.

The frustration is to the point that, it basically is what gets me yeeted as both affiliations. It's not that I'm not smart enough to realize that it's leaking TMI to the thread, I'm aware this is giving me away.

But it's very frustrating that even if I came to thread and said "hey, I'm a wolf and I know Shorty is 3P because we tried to convert her and it failed" WIFOM arguments aside, like even when she flips 3P everyone is just content with that because she was "pro village" and like, the way that gets used itself is like srs guys what the actual ****.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I once had something similar where I needed the game to get to a certain length, and I had village sided too hard and got wolves out too early. So at some point I ended up pumping the brakes and trying to push some villager misyeets towards the end in order to meet my wincon.

While that may have been provillage enough as play that village didn't feel I was high priority to yeet, nor could we really argue that nothing I said or did deserved to be met with some healthy skepticism. That's the thing with wincons that Don't align with village's, rarely is it possible to work to achieve a wincon different than village's and not ever be working against village at some point.

Like, no joke, the current site meta is basically 3P-sided to a point that I literally cannot enjoy playing anymore as ANY affiliation. Even if I randed 3P.

Ufh rant
Sorry that you feel that way.
I agree that some 3P need to go, if I would have figured out zenge sooner I probably would have followed that course of action.
I asked the mods, since shorty was neutral she couldn’t be domesticated. She legitimately was neutral as it gets and could win with either.
I think there’s times where hunting the 3Ps can be to the detriment of village, if in bioshock village focused on the 4 of us they would have had a much higher chance of losing as the wolves did their night kills.
It’s a balancing act and part of the fun is figuring out of they’re innocuous or not by their play.

Members don't see this ad :)

Ufh rant
Just so you know, that post was from Vis, she just still has my profile picture. However, I agree with what she said.

I also agree with what you’re saying about 3Ps. Anything not village must die. And I noticed how similar your play this game was to bioshock. It was giving me weird flashbacks to that game. Not that there’s anything wrong with hunting 3Ps, there’s just a different vibe I get from you when you’re wolfing, and a lot of that is found in how you approach wolfhunting and your long explanation posts. You’re going to have tinfoiling, PbPA, paranoia, long explanation posts, and a hatred for all 3P no matter your affiliation. But there’s a minute difference in how you approach those things when you’re wolfing.

Ufh rant
I don't think we've had that many exclusive 3p wins? There was this game, the cult in StardeWW, shorty last year. Am I forgetting something in recent time?

There have been some other inclusive ones...AM in Casino, the neutrals in Bioshock, probably others (I tend to forget about inclusive 3p wins lol) Most of those were inclusive with village wins I think, which might be why there's some willingness from village to work with them. It's just...so much easier for a player to village-side than wolf side when they are uninformed and their wincon is, for instance, survival. And if it's the village-siding from the 3p players that bothers you, that's a problem with the role design most likely, not the players. I know I was guilty of not giving the neutrals in Bioshock any reason to do anything but village-side. It's also not really a problem if the game is designed to accommodate that, though. Depends on the setup as a whole.

But I'm digressing a bit, it's still not a very high percentage of wins based on the number of games where 3p exists. It's not like they're even winning 50% of the games they're in? Someone can correct me on that math though. Exclusives are less common in games to begin with.

And I know we've voted out inclusive and exclusive 3p recently too, I want to say it was in Marvel where both scenarios happened.

Not trying to invalidate your feelings at all, but exclusive 3p wins are very rare.

Reactions: 7 users
I don't think we've had that many exclusive 3p wins? There was this game, the cult in StardeWW, shorty last year. Am I forgetting something in recent time?
No, those are the only ones in the 2 most recent fiscal years.

There have been multiple games with exclusive 3ps in them, but those are the only ones with exclusive wins.

I personally prefer for the 3p in my games to provide a kind of balance between the wolves and village and not overly side with either, which is why I try to give them wincons that require some amount of working against or for both sides at various points in the game. Even moreso now that I've seen what happens when I neglect to do that. Bioshock was fun to run and I think people had fun playing it but it was never my intention for the neutrals to out-village the village, and I own that as a game design failing. Not something I would blame any of the players for. It was the most logical way for them to play.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users

There have been some other inclusive ones...AM in Casino, the neutrals in Bioshock, probably others (I tend to forget about inclusive 3p wins lol) Most of those were inclusive with village wins I think, which might be why there's some willingness from village to work with them. It's just...so much easier for a player to village-side than wolf side when they are uninformed and their wincon is, for instance, survival. And if it's the village-siding from the 3p players that bothers you, that's a problem with the role design most likely, not the players. I know I was guilty of not giving the neutrals in Bioshock any reason to do anything but village-side. It's also not really a problem if the game is designed to accommodate that, though. Depends on the setup as a whole.

But I'm digressing a bit, it's still not a very high percentage of wins based on the number of games where 3p exists. It's not like they're even winning 50% of the games they're in? Someone can correct me on that math though. Exclusives are less common in games to begin with.

And I know we've voted out inclusive and exclusive 3p recently too, I want to say it was in Marvel where both scenarios happened.

Not trying to invalidate your feelings at all, but exclusive 3p wins are very rare.
As a bioshock wolf, damn did those 4 3P really hurt us. Not that it was intentional from a game design perspective, but I really wish they hadn’t all played so pro-village. It definitely hurt the Wolfpack and that game was just so unfortunately unlucky for us in a lot of ways that were out of our control. Not saying we didn’t make some dumb mistakes, because I know I did. Lmao smoking the cigarettes in both games didn’t help me AT ALL.

I’m sure Cray and the wolves are feeling similarly disappointed this game with the incredibly unlucky conversions. And it especially sucks for Cray because she was wolfing in Bioshock and also in this game. Sometimes there are decisions that end up being mistakes, and sometimes there’s luck that makes it a really rough game for one affiliation or another.

I think us skellies won in part because Zenge stayed so hidden AND because there were so many other distractions (alpha wolf, is there a cult, how tf are these items killing people, MJ etc) that villagers pretty much ignored the stumps despite numerous warnings. Cray was completely right, village should have paid more attention to the existence of the stumps. When I was village, I mostly ignored them because we couldn’t yeet them.
Add in the fact that it was multiball made village bloc formation much more difficult. Samac was willing to let Zenge into the village bloc and I didn’t want him to be. And then he skeletonized me (all because Samac and MKG wanted to PM) and I won with him. This game was really well designed and I think the mods did a great job. There were so many twists and turns and it made the game fun.

• Care
No, those are the only ones in the 2 most recent fiscal years.

There have been multiple games with exclusive 3ps in them, but those are the only ones with exclusive wins.
And of the games where inclusives won,

in 2021, there were 3 games with inclusive wins. 2 of those 3 were with village; 1 was with mafia.
In 2022, unless I'm missing any, the only inclusive win so far was when AM won with village in Casino. Technically a neutral won with village and phasing wolf in LiterWWary, but that was not a typical neutral and was a weird situation.

I personally prefer for the 3p in my games to provide a kind of balance between the wolves and village and not overly side with either, which is why I try to give them wincons that require some amount of working against or for both sides at various points in the game. Even moreso now that I've seen what happens when I neglect to do that. Bioshock was fun to run and I think people had fun playing it but it was never my intention for the neutrals to out-village the village, and I own that as a game design failing. Not something I would blame any of the players for. It was the most logical way for them to play.
To be fair as a survivor in any set up the play is best served by village siding until it’s obvious the tides are turning than wolf siding.
Mayo and I were debating if there was 1 or 2 wolves left, and if we thought 2 we were going to start wolf siding as the most likely way to reach our wincon.
Mayo and kata also had a talk before I got there about Village or wolf siding and decided on village lol

I think smoking them in this game actually ended up working out okay for Cray lol but I was amused you both did it again
Chaos in our PM, repeatedly:
“Why did cray and alley both smoke cigarettes and vote each other when they could have voted Kata and been fine”
Me: I DONT KNOW IM NOT IN WOLF CHAT

I understood once cray flipped alpha tho

• Haha
“Why did cray and alley both smoke cigarettes and vote each other when they could have voted Kata and been fine”

I miss Chaos.

I particularly miss watching spooky movies with Chaos' commentary on them. You haven't lived until you've heard Chaos analyzing Scream and telling you whether things are towny or not.

• Haha
  • Wow
I miss Chaos.

I particularly miss watching spooky movies with Chaos' commentary on them. You haven't lived until you've heard Chaos analyzing Scream and telling you whether things are towny or not.
Maybe he'll return this Spooktober.

• Love
I miss Chaos.

Oh I’ve missed out

• Care

Oh chaos, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off

• Care

We smoked the cigarettes to try and get a double block and triple kill. And then at least one kill failed and it was all just a cluster****

• Care
To be fair as a survivor in any set up the play is best served by village siding until it’s obvious the tides are turning than wolf siding.
Mayo and I were debating if there was 1 or 2 wolves left, and if we thought 2 we were going to start wolf siding as the most likely way to reach our wincon.
Mayo and kata also had a talk before I got there about Village or wolf siding and decided on village lol
Oh I know, that's what I'm saying. It made sense for you guys to play that way, given your wincons.

• Care
Dang it Samac, stop care reacting me!! I was a dumb noob wolf and I’ve accepted my mistakes.

• Care
Dang it Samac, stop care reacting me!! I was a dumb noob wolf and I’ve accepted my mistakes.
It really worked well though overall, thought there was no way the wolf pack would have 2 people smoke cigarettes in one night for a long long time lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
That moment where Zenge, in the mayor neighborhood, floated the idea that violet's 3p group results were just referring to a faction and therefore could have been about MJ, and then one of the stumps (can't remember if it was fluff or True) said something similar on thread...I was worried they'd outted their connection right there, but it actually worked really well to get village looking the other way again.
I need to go back and look for that because I totally bought that explanation hook line and sinker. Good job skeletons for the subconscious convincing you did

• Love
I need to go back and look for that because I totally bought that explanation hook line and sinker. Good job skeletons for the subconscious convincing you did
I agree it did work well,
After Violet was dead and MJ was flipped mentioned that maybe Violet misunderstood faction for group
And I was like well that does make sense I guess.
It was beautiful.

• Love
That moment where Zenge, in the mayor neighborhood, floated the idea that violet's 3p group results were just referring to a faction and therefore could have been about MJ, and then one of the stumps (can't remember if it was fluff or True) said something similar on thread...I was worried they'd outted their connection right there, but it actually worked really well to get village looking the other way again.

I guess it could, in a sense that we all have similar roles?
I’m also wondering if violet paraphrased what the mods told her and said “3p group” when it was actually “3p faction” cause that’s pretty different

-We know that there is an alpha (probably cubs)
-We know that there is a 3p group (but maybe a faction with exclusive wincon. There has been a 3p with a separate wincon already —-> MJ
-Someone asked shorty to join but she denied. No one knows if it was cubs. No one knows if that’s proof for conversion.
-Cubs isn’t 3p cause PSV couldn’t domesticate him.
-Cyndia said there is conversion at one point but I’m not sure how certain she was of this. It was coupled with shorty’s results and it gave enough reason to assume that there is conversion but we don’t know that,

The thing is Ivy is pretty new but I see that she puts a lot of effort. I don’t know how you’d tell a convert but is it really a good convert tactic to yeet your packmates? Unless the wolves have it sooo bad that made Ivy bus them all. But she had been on the Cray vote for a while, so I’d give her a break, with Cray flipping wolf, and not nitpick on her reads or anything she says.
It was fluffy

• Love
Oooooh it was also on the day I was silenced so I couldn’t react to it and then I forgot to follow up on a lot of the stuff in those pages when I was allowed to speak again. I lost all of my quotes when the thread locked and it was really disappointing :sorry:

Then overnight I talked as much as I could and then I was killed and skeletonized.

• Care
Chaos was not impressed by the wolf play of the Scream person.
I’ve never seen Scream but I imagine Chaostrodon’s commentary to be highly amusing. He tends to come across as quite dry humor-wise (as well as very literal) which I always appreciate and enjoy.

Dubz was a phasing wolf in her village phase the day the game ended, and True was a wolf that got yeeted and then rezzed but came back as a neutral with a survivor wincon lol
STL would be so proud of his grandmodatee :love:

• Care
Lmao guys we played Mafia at a new intern gathering tonight

So far my co interns are not as good as SDN

• Haha
Yeah I assumed that was one of the joke ones.

WhErE’s tHe ReAL SoLuTiOn!?!?
I worked so hard on solving that and you didn't even notice apparently 🥺
I agree it did work well,
After Violet was dead and MJ was flipped mentioned that maybe Violet misunderstood faction for group
And I was like well that does make sense I guess.
It was beautiful.
I wish this was a poem.

Oh yes, the plan worked so very well
With VV dead and chaos revealed
It all seemed to be obvious, spelled
But in fact the necroMaster was concealed.

• Love
  • Care
I worked so hard on solving that and you didn't even notice apparently 🥺
PSV pls. No angries pls.

I noticed you found a solution but I didn't think it was the real solution.

@genny posted this in dead chat and it seems equally plausible
You dance around aroused cow, but don’t see anyone

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Angry
PSV pls. No angries pls.

I noticed you found a solution but I didn't think it was the real solution.

@genny posted this in dead chat and it seems equally plausible
You dance around aroused cow, but don’t see anyone
RAD COCONUT OR BUST

• Haha