SDN Pre-Vet WW 10th Anniversary Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh wow, truly didn't see that coming! (Even though I reallyyyyyy should have, in hindsight.) Congrats to the skellies!
Also why did y'all make me mistrust my literally mod-given info about the exclusive 3P group, I warned y'all D2. 🤦‍♀️
See if you really wanted to convince people, you should fakeclaim out the ass until you get worn down by lying and then admit that it was a pro-village lie

(Mother will rage at this lol)

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My big mistake this game was thinking “if I were a necromancee, my top priority would be to not give away my connection with the necromancer, since there’s little I could do to convince people bot to yeet them and any connection between them and an army of dead would be inherently sus. Therefore, there’s no way to hunt the necromancer through the posts of the dead, and we just have to search for antivillage behaviour and hope we find them”. A couple days ago Cray said something about “the person the ‘stumps’ have been pretty gung-ho about” and immediately knowing who she was referencing, I realized I have RAGERTS.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats skeleton army on the win, congrats wolves on a hard fight and excellent scum-finding, and congrats village on excellent wolf-finding

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
My big mistake this game was thinking “if I were a necromancee, my top priority would be to not give away my connection with the necromancer, since there’s little I could do to convince people bot to yeet them and any connection between them and an army of dead would be inherently sus. Therefore, there’s no way to hunt the necromancer through the posts of the dead, and we just have to search for antivillage behaviour and hope we find them”. A couple days ago Cray said something about “the person the ‘stumps’ have been pretty gung-ho about” and immediately knowing who she was referencing, I realized I have RAGERTS.
They did try to do some distancing early on, but I think eventually the stumps were just so fond of their Master that they started defending him more and more lol

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
@WildZoo I might be up for a slow game. Depends on what my work schedule looks like? Rn I'm slow but I'm also like trying to learn all the computer stuff you know?

• Care
  • Love
@WildZoo I might be up for a slow game. Depends on what my work schedule looks like? Rn I'm slow but I'm also like trying to learn all the computer stuff you know?
Just let me know when and I'll put something together :biglove:

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Good to know that every line of work has a ton of nonsense computer stuff you have to learn.

Reactions: 3 users
@samac i want you to know I gave you the treadmill last night. We commented on how happy that would make you ❤️

• Care
  • Love
  • Angry
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, so did the bids not actually matter?

... do I still own my brain?
Capri/Ace distributed one item per day, the rest were RNG'd among the bidders.

So yeah, the bids didn't matter. Though if I'd known people were going to be so creative I would have actually done something with that lol maybe next time

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats skeleton army on the win, congrats wolves on a hard fight and excellent scum-finding, and congrats village on excellent wolf-finding
We actually had a net loss by finding paws. Wolves had double kills essentially forever until we happened to find her, which was very early on N3. When she joined us she lost her ability. She already knew who we were, so she’d never target us, and we couldn’t kill her, once we tried she joined the pack. She couldn’t strategize with us if we didn’t find her, but I’d argue that that’s actually a good thing because it keeps the on thread interactions more pure when we didn’t know who she was. Then we missed on 2 conversion chances. Basically the worst wolf game you can have in this set up, and I shoulder the responsibility as the alpha and person with the most time to dedicate to the game.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
They did try to do some distancing early on, but I think eventually the stumps were just so fond of their Master that they started defending him more and more lol
I know for me, anytime someone posted something about being suspicious of Zenge my immediate reaction was just
1654733552322.png

• Haha
  • Care
  • Love
Stump chat got kinky I see

• Haha
  • Sad
Unclear i might have auctioned it off to stoaty in exchange for garmin :bag::sorry:
For the last time, YOU ARE BEING USED TO PURCHASE KD. AS SUCH, LAWPY IS A FUNGIBLE TOKEN, NOT A BIDDER

• Haha
  • Wow
I love how one of my best village games ended up with me winning as scum for the first time :laugh:

• Haha
We actually had a net loss by finding paws. Wolves had double kills essentially forever until we happened to find her, which was very early on N3. When she joined us she lost her ability. She already knew who we were, so she’d never target us, and we couldn’t kill her, once we tried she joined the pack. She couldn’t strategize with us if we didn’t find her, but I’d argue that that’s actually a good thing because it keeps the on thread interactions more pure when we didn’t know who she was. Then we missed on 2 conversion chances. Basically the worst wolf game you can have in this set up, and I shoulder the responsibility as the alpha and person with the most time to dedicate to the game.
Wait. Paws knew who you were???

Please don't beat yourself up. You had awful luck choosing 2 of the very few people in the game that were not convertable. You still did an amazing job as alpha, enough so that I really started to believe some of the WIFOM posts you had. I was worried there was a 5th wolf ngl.

Also you're not allowed to retire until we have a crawfish boil and you fix everyone's eyes plz and thx!!!!!

Wait. Paws knew who you were???

Please don't beat yourself up. You had awful luck choosing 2 of the very few people in the game that were not convertable. You still did an amazing job as alpha, enough so that I really started to believe some of the WIFOM posts you had. I was worried there was a 5th wolf ngl.

Also you're not allowed to retire until we have a crawfish boil and you fix everyone's eyes plz and thx!!!!!
No one else can call me a Stout :cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
@SportPonies @dolphin106258 @capri1722 too. Probably others I'm not thinking of. Just something that would be intentionally slower paced. Others could play too even if they usually post a lot but it would have a really low post cap or something.

This would be good for clinics me but planning on taking a long break first

In case anyone was wondering, Lupin's Rule was NOT met this game.

It is the 3rd game of this fiscal year where a wolf did not post in the first 5 posters.

Is this before or after roles went out?

• Care
I mean, you have to remember village doesn't innately know who are the wolves are. You're playing from a perspective of knowing your partners, so it's far easier for you to burn yeets knowing it'll never hurt your team. Village has to take everything carefully and dissect it. You killed village's vig + me, greatly reducing their odds of stopping exclusive 3p in time.

These games are supposed to be fun as well. I lost very early on and still appreciate village's efforts they put into working towards their wincon.
Well, and where is your appreciation for the wolves? Because this game could have ended a lot sooner than it did. Cubs is a ****ing hero for how he continued to play and contribute even though he could no longer be very effective on thread.

Pretty amazing too since 3/4 wolves considered subbing out for being too busy, but we sucked it up and still kept the game going. Wolfing in a 36/12 is exhausting. Wolfing for 18 days is exhausting. Wolfing with infants is exhausting (shout out to @Cyndia she's got a tiny baby too). Wolfing when people don't want to hunt other scum is exhausting. Getting all the wolves out first does NOT always lead to a win.

Wolfing when everyone just wants to rag on your play is exhausting.

Not going to apologize we took out the firepower this game. As you said, people don't know who is who, so we couldn't afford to leave 3Ps in game that might hit a wolf.

• Care
  • Love
That treadmill ensured you would win the game as a 3P :biglove:

And weren't you just saying the other day you had never been a 3P before?
I’ve never RANDED 3P
I’ve still only been 3P out of the kindness of AM’s heart
(Also tbh I don’t really consider this stump army a true 3P but that’s just me I guess)

• Sad
  • Hmm
  • Care
I feel you. It's kinda hard to perceive that village lost I guess cause only villagers joined Zenge's army, so in the end, villagers ended up playing together as a group. Plus, the first of us being misyeets and early NKs were just glad to continue to play even if we changed factions. And we prioritized voting for wolves first so I guess we helped the village a little. But ultimately we did cause harm and killed villagers through booby-trapped items etc.
I'm very glad for the noobs that got to play as 3p this game. Because you do learn the lesson from these kinds of roles and wins, that however much you might village side, 3P with a noxious wincon or is exclusive, will never be the same as a villager, and will never truly be "good" for village.

I'm extremely mollified that you were able to feel how this kind of 3P does affect an individual's gameplay.

If I had been village, I would have been just as pushy about the 3P stuff. Moreso, actually, because I would have seen it as my actual duty to get myself yeeted before I let 3P win. I would have gone after players I purposefully did not this game.

So I have no doubt that you all would have remained just as vocal against me, and Zenge and co still would have worked against me.

If people walk away from this game seeing how 3P are a threat to village, not to trust players of unknown Aff and unknown wincon, I will be extremely happy.

• Care
Meant to pull these earlier, here's all the spooky scary skeletons references from the writeups!
Sure one was dead, but he came back, smelling just a bit foul

Several had heard a strange rattling through the night, a sound that sent shivers down their spines. They felt unsettled beyond the fear of death (that was just part of the game, right?), and no one could pinpoint why.

As he left this mortal plane, a faint smile graced his lips, as if he was seeing some cheerful light before his eyes, something to soothe his weary bones. There was a faint rattling on the breeze, and then he was gone.

The veil between life and death seemed so thin in this patch of woods. They returned to the clearing between the cabins, preparing for another day's discussion, trying to ignore the chill sinking into their bones.

there was a soft rattling, a sound none of them could place, but it filled them with unease.

The players looked around, chilled to the bone, their spirits rattled.

• Love
  • Wow
no but fr I need a lengthy break if I'm not retiring. Like, a couple months at least. I'll make an exception for WildZenge's bastard game whenever they run that.

I have some modding I could do in the meantime. Or I'll hang in tot chat.
Yeah, I'll play bastard games with conversion and exclusive or noxious 3P. Mechanics and role madness. I love it.

• Care
  • Love
Items being untrustworthy was a fun callback to prior SDN meta too. I don't think we've had much of that booby trapping lately.
Yes, it's been so long even I didn't think of that and I should know better, nice touch

Although being a former cigarette smoker and partier IRL I can never resist game cigarettes and other similar items lol

• Haha
"If there is a tie, no one will die, and the timelines will be split, with the voters from each wagon shunted to opposite timelines. Players can only act on and vote for those in their own timeline until the timelines are realigned. Realignment will occur as long as the next day's votes are definitive, but not until after the following night. If additional ties occur, both candidates die."

KAYDUBZ WHAT IS THIS OMG

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 9 users
"If there is a tie, no one will die, and the timelines will be split, with the voters from each wagon shunted to opposite timelines. Players can only act on and vote for those in their own timeline until the timelines are realigned. Realignment will occur as long as the next day's votes are definitive, but not until after the following night. If additional ties occur, both candidates die."

KAYDUBZ WHAT IS THIS OMG
Lol why do you assume it was her

Also RIP I meant to take that out of the spreadsheet before I shared it so I could use it in a future game. It's an homage to Trilt's Rick & Morty game and I've been wanting to bring it back for a while. Now I'll have to wait another 5 years...

• Care
  • Hmm
Yeah, I'll play bastard games with conversion and exclusive or noxious 3P. Mechanics and role madness. I love it.
I like running all kinds of games but as an STL modatee, the bastardry will always have a special place :laugh:

• Love
  • Care