You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SDN Pre-Vet WW 10th Anniversary Game Thread
Started by WildZoo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
April plsI don't know what you're talking about![]()
Alissa has my cats, I haven't seen Vis post yet so I'm unsurePride kitty is my old kitty, Libby. She was my SDN profile pic when I first joined and was prideified by @SportPonies last June.
Calico is Callie
Black and grey tabby is June
Vis and Alissa and April all have my cats???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I came back and saw the Samac tag and saw my cats being discussed. Hold on while I catch up!
Alissa just switched to pride!Libby for a second, idk what’s happening nowAlissa has my cats, I haven't seen Vis post yet so I'm unsure
I appreciate being tagged when I’m mentioned 😂Why the tag?
That would be the best dissertation everMaybe that can be my real dissertation.
Imagine being my committee and thinking you're going to get a dissertation on hyaluronan and Sleeping Beauty and then it's actually just a book of WW ISOs.
Wondering this as wellAlso does it count if midwife is impersonating Zenge?
sameI keep seeing my cats all over this thread and I am confusion
Seeing you as Mel is the most wolfy thing you’ve done yetSpeaking of sneaky. Look at genny just being genny instead of someone else
Checking discord might help you out lolAlissa just switched to pride!Libby for a second, idk what’s happening now
We both have the green active dot next to our names. We should probably turn this offChecking discord might help you out lol
It's actually not on for you, specifically.We both have the green active dot next to our names. We should probably turn this off
I don't really care if people think I'm online lol. I leave Discord running in the background so it says I'm online whenever I have my laptop open, even when I'm paying no attention to itWe both have the green active dot next to our names. We should probably turn this off
Admittedly, unless the PM part is on though, it can't really be used for angleshooting.
Cray always has her activity on with no issues.
Cray always has her activity on with no issues.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It will always show up when you’re looking at yourself, just FYI.We both have the green active dot next to our names. We should probably turn this off
Unvote April
Vote myself
This is probably the least busy I’ve ever been during a WW game. I don’t start summer work until the 6th and I’m just on a vacation this week and have nothing planned next week. I LOVE PMs and feel comfortable breaking ties.
Vote for Alley!!
Vote myself
This is probably the least busy I’ve ever been during a WW game. I don’t start summer work until the 6th and I’m just on a vacation this week and have nothing planned next week. I LOVE PMs and feel comfortable breaking ties.
Vote for Alley!!
Just as a small note, the mayor ability could be neither of those. Not discouraging you from running though.Unvote April
Vote myself
This is probably the least busy I’ve ever been during a WW game. I don’t start summer work until the 6th and I’m just on a vacation this week and have nothing planned next week. I LOVE PMs and feel comfortable breaking ties.
Vote for Alley!!
*wimdyIt's 40 degrees and windy here 🥺
KD, you’re not allowed to vote!!!hmm I kinda want to vote for Barks, but she's also too sneaky for me to read well
So are you and MJ at the same conference??Reverse pro tip: go on the weekend, get the good free stuff, and then go on an airboat on Tuesday 😀
June will scare away the wolves with her hissing I’m sureThe kitties may add a layer of protection.
Not caught up and not caught up on sign up thread. How do we play zengingo or zenge bingo?
Vis posted in the sign-ups earlier this week and had my pride!Libby profile picAlissa has my cats, I haven't seen Vis post yet so I'm unsure
SusA quick note about Z theory and how I will play this game:
Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.
I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO (Game Theory Optimal) play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my lurking immediately upon the opening of the thread.
I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am Zenge142. When it becomes prudent I will provide my octaves.
Benefits:
1. I will not survive tonight: I believe the wolves are going to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this if I'm not Zenge142. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of supershorty panicking to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.
2. I am emotional: All of you already know I'm emotional, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this if I'm not Zenge142. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the most intense, most-memorable, highest-activity game that I've ever played in (except for Among Us). I have no need to complicate my life, if I'm not Zenge142, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is vote early to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options if I'm not Zenge142, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in softs (soft claiming) exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I know that this will be (insert SDN shock emoji) and CRIMINAL to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates (insert SDN shock emoji) and CRIMINAL responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As Zenge142, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and yeet me. Makes my life super awesome.
3. There are only 30 players you need to try to read, rather than 31. I have already provided a "free" soft of me in a game with a mere 31 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.
Conclusion:
The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am Zenge142, and thus emotional, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.
Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion:
It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns. It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "fakeclaiming" or "a treestump." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a treestump is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as Zenge142. There is no equivalency between the EV (Expected Value) gain for stump-me in this position and Zenge-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, stump-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game stump I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a strump is COMPLETELY DWARFED by my baseline stump EV anyway. Anything that complicates my stumping life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my stumping life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation stumping lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is a huge mistake and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.
Sucks for the wolves when octaves are wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect.
Get #emotional.
It could be a completely different ability or no ability at all. I’m just very excited for this game and I actually have enough free time to feel comfortable being a leader and posting more content. I haven’t ever campaigned for mayor before, but I think this would be the best time to tryJust as a small note, the mayor ability could be neither of those. Not discouraging you from running though.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Just tagged you on the sign up thread with the rules!Not caught up and not caught up on sign up thread. How do we play zengingo or zenge bingo?
I could be convinced to vote hereUnvote April
Vote myself
This is probably the least busy I’ve ever been during a WW game. I don’t start summer work until the 6th and I’m just on a vacation this week and have nothing planned next week. I LOVE PMs and feel comfortable breaking ties.
Vote for Alley!!
WWLISDChannel your inner LIS
#wwjesus
If it isn't village, kill it twice. And other LISLaws I have forgot over the years.
Jeez Cray, you got me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WolfyHa
I can be at a convention and you all can’t say my difference in play is wolfy
This is fantastic
I'm convincedIt could be a completely different ability or no ability at all. I’m just very excited for this game and I actually have enough free time to feel comfortable being a leader and posting more content. I haven’t ever campaigned for mayor before, but I think this would be the best time to try
Unelect Dina
Elect Alley
Do you want more cat pictures as a bribe?I could be convinced to vote here
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I keep reading this as LI-Slaw like it’s a kind of coleslaw or something.And other LISLaws
What is rule 5?Also, interested in how the 5 rule will play out
Where are the rules for this game?
The rules are metaphorical.What is rule 5?
Where are the rules for this game?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
###elect Cyndia###These avatars are already messing with me a lot. Can’t stop won’t stop!
Elect cyndia never been mayor either before
Usually don't go for self votes, but I just can't NOT help myself.... get it? Lol
no, ur cattour metaphorical
but am I a dog?
Day 1: Mayor Election Tally
shorty (4) - supershorty, AM, Zenge, DrS
AM ()
April (1) - Dina
mayo (1) - mayo
Cyndia (2) - Cyndia, Cray
MJ (2) - MJ, Sporty
Barks (4) - cubs, Barks, genny, alissa
Paws (1) - Paws
alley (3) - samac, alley, April
fluff (2) - violet, fluff
cubs (1) - Mel
Dina ()
21/30
Missing: @potentialsheltervet @dolphin106258 @IvyMoose @Viscernable @Truenamer @mkg323 @capri1722 @sunshinefl @weagle_weagle
Mayor vote closes at 10pm EDT/9pm CDT/7pm Fantasyland (~287 MINUTES)
shorty (4) - supershorty, AM, Zenge, DrS
AM ()
April (1) - Dina
mayo (1) - mayo
Cyndia (2) - Cyndia, Cray
MJ (2) - MJ, Sporty
Barks (4) - cubs, Barks, genny, alissa
Paws (1) - Paws
alley (3) - samac, alley, April
fluff (2) - violet, fluff
cubs (1) - Mel
Dina ()
21/30
Missing: @potentialsheltervet @dolphin106258 @IvyMoose @Viscernable @Truenamer @mkg323 @capri1722 @sunshinefl @weagle_weagle
Mayor vote closes at 10pm EDT/9pm CDT/7pm Fantasyland (~287 MINUTES)
Last edited:
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
thanks for quoting it while I was editing, for the 700th time that’s happenedno, ur catto
Already forgot she was playing. Sneaky.and vote barkley
Thats a good lookin avatar.
5 rule = a wolf in the first five posters. Also took me a second to figure outWhat is rule 5?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh no, is Cray LIS too? 

What if I said MJ wanted to be LIS before you were LISOh no, is Cray LIS too?![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Imagine being as popular as LIS
Too slowWhat if I said MJ wanted to be LIS before you were LIS
Also I’m anti-Barks mayor and will actively vote against that (sorry Barks)
What if the wolves already got their role PMs? Could the mods be lying? Should we expect an SDN meta game to veer towards the bastardly??I can’t betray you this time. I wont even find out that im a wolf until tomorrow!
I mean, conversion is fairly common around here and MU considers it bastard.
Don't be sad Dubz and KD, remember how cool Battle of the Bastards was? Bastards rule.
Because?Also I’m anti-Barks mayor and will actively vote against that (sorry Barks)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 31K