Step2CS score release August 15 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fahadkhan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for the score report and feeling as if they legit failed it?? My main concern is failing ICE...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No matter when you write (late may-july 15) you will get.your mark in the first to fifth Wednesday. Writing early increases your chance of getting your score on the 1st wed but it doesn't gurantee it. I LOVE YOU ALL. For all who did not get their score or failed, DID YOUR UNEXPIRED PERMIY DISAPPEAR?
My permit is gone too but no results :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys for those people who are waiting anxiously just try and be patient. I know its easier said than done. I got my results today after taking it on July11th and passed CS as well. I know how tensing it is to wait on a result for weeks on end. Walking out I was contemplating every little thing I did, I easily passed nothing too borderline near all sections. Exam is very lenient in terms of mistakes you can make. I understand the subjective nature of the exam adds more pressure but rest assured waaayy more people pass than fail.

Also as many have previously stated, the permit disappearing has no correlation with pass/fail results.

Here's to hoping that everyone gets through !

For all those who never received their scores: in a weird and twisted way, take solace in knowing that we (who were all freaking out immensely up till this moment) all received passing scores.

I can't even imagine the torment you are all going through. I was a nervous wreck until today and literally couldn't handle it. I seriously couldn't. Prayers and thoughts with ya all!

I'll post my horrid experience - and how I ended up coming out healthily- alive in another threat for those who are reading this in the future

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Passed, borderline ICE, AM. looked over few cases on first aid night before to prep but after the test, i really regretted not studying. didn't CAGE, no counseling on smoking on a pt that 30 packayear history, and ran out of time on some cases. had some psych and peds cases that threw me off guard too. even if you are AMG, i highly suggest reading through the CS pamphlet from the website and prep for CS seriously.

Reactions: 2 users
IMG took it 6/6 in Houston still waiting not so patiently and by that I mean panic attacks every half hour or so :arghh:

Reactions: 1 user
I've read it depends on the doctors assigned to your notes; they have different deadlines and some may take longer to grade than others. That said, I have a friend who took it in Houston and is also still waiting for his results.

Got my results last week, thankfully passed. IMG. Not quite sure when my permit actually expired cause I didn't check til the week before the scores were due to come out. 06/20 in ATL.

Hello, hope everyone living in Houston is safe ☹️ Do you guys think that because of Houston's current situation the score reporting will be affected? At least for people that took the test in Houston.

Took it in Houston at the end of May, me and my friends haven't received the report either.

In the same boat. Do you think it is a bad thing?

Don't think so, since everyone I know who took it in Houston has been delayed. If anyone (IMGs specifically) who did their exam in Houston receives/received their grades, please post here!

Reactions: 1 users
hi guys, how many days dose it take for ECFMG certificate? If houston release score next Wednesday, can we make it before 15th Sep?
This drives me crazy!!

I think they are delayed big time and there is no way they will be releasing all Houston scores by next week. We are probably getting an email about it soon.

I think they are delayed big time and there is no way they will be releasing all Houston scores by next week. We are probably getting an email about it soon.
They cannot do that, they have to report the scores within the reporting period since that's what they have been regurgitating to us when we call, so they report the scores or risk a class action lawsuit. We need the scores in time before September 15 so we can apply to programs or we sue.

Yeah ECFMG is so tired of my weekly calls. They basically said nothing new today but unlike the other times the guy was super nice and understanding of where my anxiety was coming from so close to when residency applications are due. He said they're expecting them next week and from his experience they have had a bunch of students every reporting period in this situation just from all different centers but he has never had the scores not come out during the reporting period. He said ECFMG has not heard anything from USMLE. He was very apologetic.
Wish I had more to share with you guys, this is a terrible feeling, sending you all good vibes

Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys! The report is finally here and I passed!!!! I am beyond excited and cannot describe my feelings right now. I came to the center that day with severe morning sickness but couldn't afford to just go and not take it after all the hard work I had put into it.

Taking that exam being sick to my stomach and pregnant was definitively a challenge but thank God I was able to make it through!

Good luck to the rest! You can do it!

Reactions: 4 users
Passed!!
was it worth this 5 week wait? HELL NO!
cost me (and my fiance) our sanity, about 1/4 of my hair, time wasted on rotations having intermittent panic attacks, lots of money in wine and possibly permanent dark circles under my eyes
its done and it was awful
to anyone in this situation in the future take some comfort in knowing we waiting the entire reporting period and passed
byeeeeeee USMLE in med school

Reactions: 1 users