**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

LabCoatAndPearls

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I visited this school in May and was very impressed. The clinic was amazing and the faculty was very welcoming. Who else is applying?!

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying too. I just found out we have to send the $45 check at the same time we submit app. I wish they do it electronically :cool:

Reactions: 1 user
I'm applying.....hopefully they'll dig my research background and offer me an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am! It looks like it has a beautiful campus. I also like the structure of their curriculum, and it's sorta close to home.

Quick question. How many of you guys have received confirmations of your app being complete? Money and everything? And if you have, when did you mail your check?

I got an email June 18th that they had received everything but my payment. I sent the payment around July 1st, and I called them around July 11th to confirm they had received it and they had. No emails about it though.

I got an email June 18th that they had received everything but my payment. I sent the payment around July 1st, and I called them around July 11th to confirm they had received it and they had. No emails about it though.

Okay, I haven't received an "application complete" e-mail either. I would hate to be a pest when I don't have to be, haha.

Okay, I haven't received an "application complete" e-mail either. I would hate to be a pest when I don't have to be, haha.
I got an "Application Received" e-mail.
And it listed I had everything:
"
Documents: Received:
$45 processing/application fee Yes
Letter of Recommendation – Science Professor Yes
Letter of Recommendation – Science Professor Yes
Letter of Recommendation – Any Evaluator Yes
DAT Scores Yes
"
This was on 6/26. I e-mailed them a check around 6/6, they cashed it 7/3.

I a applying to Marquette as well, Instate. Best of luck to all. Every time Ive gone to Marquette for a visit, I have left the school with a smile on my face. I really hope to hear from them on September for an interview. :) Anyone in state?

Good luck to you all applying!

I'm starting tomorrow :)
I loved orientation, and my class is awesome.
Faculty is nothing but the best as well.

It's an awesome school :)

Really hoping for an invite from here.

Really hoping for an invite from here.
Same here. I'm in state and I would love to go to Marquette because my family lives here in WI (wife and son) , and I love The school, people, and the program. They usually send invites the first or second week after Labor Day weekend. Good luck Stump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to you all applying!

I'm starting tomorrow :)
I loved orientation, and my class is awesome.
Faculty is nothing but the best as well.

It's an awesome school :)
How was the Brewers game ? Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. I'm in state and I would love to go to Marquette because my family lives here in WI (wife and son) , and I love The school, people, and the program. They usually send invites the first or second week after Labor Day weekend. Good luck Stump.

Thanks! Nice to know about the interview timeline.

Mehhh, I do not watch a ton of baseball! Haha. Plus, Brewers.... I mean... not that great of a team (whoops. Hope I didn't offend anyone)
Haha nor do I. I was just wondering , because I thought that for orientation week , Marquette takes you to a Brewers game , and tailgating

Haha nor do I. I was just wondering , because I thought that for orientation week , Marquette takes you to a Brewers game , and tailgating

Ohh, that was in July. Thriller at Miller.
I wasn't able to make it to that.

Sweet, you know the school pretty well! Esp knowing something as detailed as that.. Haha

Oh ok lol. I know the school a bit. I am from WI and have toured the school a couple times and I love it. Good luck this year. Where are you originally from ? And I hope you are enjoying your time there so far. Cheers

Interview invite! OOS! Through email and then I called to confirm the date. :love:

Interview invite via email, 9/9. Interview is scheduled and ready to go!

Invite!! scheduled for 10/10
Super excited just worried about the cold because I'm a florida girl hahah

Last edited:
Scheduling for Oct 31st. Not for sure tho I only left a message

Got invited for interview this morning and chose October 3rd during the afternoon! Now begins the process of preparing for the interview! Good luck to everyone else!

Got an interview invitation yesterday. Here are my stats if you guys are wondering.

School: Marquette
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/9/2014
Application complete date: 7/9/2014
Interview Invitation: 9/9/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.56, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/17/20/24/ochem and biology <-- (whoops)
Interview Date: 10/10/2014

Does anyone know if they will be sending out more interviews

Got an interview invitation yesterday. Here are my stats if you guys are wondering.

Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/9/2014
Application complete date: 7/9/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.56, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/17/20/24/ochem and biology <-- (whoops)

Hey @imtommyfresh, do you mind sharing what you got on ochem and biology on the DAT? I had a little "whoops" on the ochem section too hahaha.

They interview the out of staters first. In staters will get an email in a month or soo..

Got the email tuesday, scheduled for 10/10 afternoon

Residency: IN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/9/2014
Application complete date: 7/31/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.87, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/20/25/none

They interview the out of staters first. In staters will get an email in a month or soo..
I got an email on 9/9. I have multiple in state friends that got interviews also.

Last edited:
I am in state and got an email on 9/9. I have multiple in state friends that got interviews also.
Same here. First batch of instate interviews went out this past Tuesday.

Does anyone know if marquette is giving anymore oos interviews in the future or if they sent out all of them this past week? I ask since they only have a few dates for interviews and it seems like all of them were immediately available for people this week to choose from

Last edited:
I'm OOS and was invited for an interview on the 9th, and the email offered only dates in October. That makes me think that they will probably send out another batch of invites for November dates, kind of like Case's system.

I'm OOS and was invited for an interview on the 9th, and the email offered only dates in October. That makes me think that they will probably send out another batch of invites for November dates, kind of like Case's system.
Oh hey rendal :) yeah on their website though it just says they have oct interview dates for oos and November for in state, leading me to believe they just gave most of their invites out

Oh hey rendal :) yeah on their website though it just says they have oct interview dates for oos and November for in state, leading me to believe they just gave most of their invites out
Thats right. Only OOS on October and IS on November. But they send 3 waves if invites in September. So if you are out of state, you might still get the call, because they have only sent one wave of interviews. So don't panic quite yet.

Thats right. Only OOS on October and IS on November. But they send 3 waves if invites in September. So if you are out of state, you might still get the call, because they have only sent one wave of interviews. So don't panic quite yet.

Haha didn't realize who this was.
To everyone: Meeting SDNers at interviews is like meeting celebrities.

Cool thanks for the info!!

I received an email on July 3rd saying that they received everything except the $45 application fee. Within days I sent them the money order but I haven't received an email saying that my application is complete -meaning that they received my money order. Did you guys receive an email like that? Or just your application was complete when u guys received the invite? How does it all work for this school? Thanks for your response in advance guys!
UPDATE: I called and they said that my app was complete. So I think they won't send me an invite to interview there :diebanana:

Last edited:
If anyone is interviewing on October 13th and wants to split a hotel on the 12th PM me!

Do you know when the 2nd/3rd waves of invites will be? Seems like only the initial ~9/9 invites have been sent out thus far.

Do you know when the 2nd/3rd waves of invites will be? Seems like only the initial ~9/9 invites have been sent out thus far.
No idea. Hopefully you guys will hear soon. Best of luck.

Cheers

Yayyy
I got an interview. This is my first interview :)
October 10

For those who are going to Marquette for an interview, how much was your plane ticket? Mine is in 3 weeks and it looks like the ticket alone will cost me 700... Im from CA btw. Any advice on how to get cheaper tickets? Thanks and hopefully I get to see some of you guys there!

For those who are going to Marquette for an interview, how much was your plane ticket? Mine is in 3 weeks and it looks like the ticket alone will cost me 700... Im from CA btw. Any advice on how to get cheaper tickets? Thanks and hopefully I get to see some of you guys there!

Check your options with flying into Chicago. There is a train that goes in-between the two cities that is convenient and fairly inexpensive. What day is your interview?

Thanks for your suggestion. My interview is 10/27. Im not familiar with the transit from chicago to milwaukee at all...

Thanks for your suggestion. My interview is 10/27. Im not familiar with the transit from chicago to milwaukee at all...

Well it may not save you money. You'll have to look into it. I just saw you said it would cost 700, so I just suggested it in case a flight to Chicago was cheaper. Round trip from CHI to MIL is about $50. I guess you have to consider the hassle that is involved with going to CHI.