The Official UNLV Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

They told me 1-2 weeks today. Weird.

Sent from my XT1096 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone's aadsas status change? I would assume it would change like last time when people found out they got waitlisted

I just called and the lady said to call back after the 2nd Tuesday in May or even a week from now to check if there is an update on my file.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many students are currently admitted and how many OOS and IS are waitlisted?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many students are currently admitted and how many OOS and IS are waitlisted?
To my knowledge there have not been any acceptances sent out since January 12th. According to February interview presentation there were 30 in-state acceptances and 55 out-of-state acceptances.

one matriculating student just dropped her seat for sure so one will be in from the waitlist.

just fyi

Reactions: 1 user
Tyty for the info! I hope so; I just want to see movement at this point x.x

yea movement at UNLV is very stagnant. its a public school that offers in state tuition after 1 year so that pretty much explains it. but im sure one lucky of you guys on the waitlist will get in as there is 1 empty seat.

EDIT: make that 2 empty seats. 2 people have officially dropped their seats at UNLV

Last edited:
Just called "As of yesterday there were no acceptances sent. The class is still full; the next time the committee is meeting is June 7th." #sadface

Just called "As of yesterday there were no acceptances sent. The class is still full; the next time the committee is meeting is June 7th." #sadface

no acceptance sent since jan 12th? really?

are you currently on waitlist?

no acceptance sent since jan 12th? really?

are you currently on waitlist?

idk if they meant since jan 12th. I was under the impression they meant as a result of yesterday's meeting. That being said, I don't know of anyone being accepted since Jan. Yup I am currently on the waitlist.

idk if they meant since jan 12th. I was under the impression they meant as a result of yesterday's meeting. That being said, I don't know of anyone being accepted since Jan. Yup I am currently on the waitlist.

what school(s) are you in currently? and what school(s) are you waiting to hear back from being on the waitlist?

yea movement at UNLV is very stagnant. its a public school that offers in state tuition after 1 year so that pretty much explains it. but im sure one lucky of you guys on the waitlist will get in as there is 1 empty seat.

EDIT: make that 2 empty seats. 2 people have officially dropped their seats at UNLV

keep in mind, they are well over capacity (from the information during my interview). For all we know, there could be 10 withdrawals, yet still no empty seats available.

keep in mind, they are well over capacity (from the information during my interview). For all we know, there could be 10 withdrawals, yet still no empty seats available.

sorry I could not have read your post about the information in your interview. Do you mind repeating it here now?

I just know they have 80-81 students so 2 drop and they still have seats for 2 more. just my guess!

sorry I could not have read your post about the information in your interview. Do you mind repeating it here now?

I just know they have 80-81 students so 2 drop and they still have seats for 2 more. just my guess!

I interviewed in mid February and at that time, there were over 50 deposits(don't remember the exact number) for out of state seats. That would mean more than 10 people would have to withdraw in order to start taking people off the waitlist. If they do get to the waitlist, I highly doubt it's going to be more than 5 people getting accepted, since it's still full.

side note everyone, the school is doing fund raising event at the California Kitchen Pizza at the Townsquare Mall Las Vegas.
Lot of the current dental student will be there to answer your questions for application and the school itself. feel free to stop and say hi.

Event starts at 5pm. 21 July 2016

Hi Guys! I'm a classmate of @hugomaaf and got in as an out of state resident last year.

I wanted to add a bit to his event invite above and state that the event is an official UNLV ASDA (American Student Dental Asso.) hosted meet&greet / info session. That means that in addition to current students, faculty and office staff might drop in to visit. So, if you're in town, come in and meet some great resources!

http://goo.gl/forms/CuyYZNoQIRCrTSEY2

Reactions: 1 user