Touro University - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's worth it! The person who posted before you was complete 1/24 and got an II. And there are tons of interview days left. I'd definitely submit a secondary!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you! I ended up submitting my secondary and received an II shortly thereafter! It was definitely worth submitting the secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted student to tucom ca, my memory is a bit hazy about what the student guides told us. Can anyone clarify for me: Are lectures mandatory attendance?

Accepted student to tucom ca, my memory is a bit hazy about what the student guides told us. Can anyone clarify for me: Are lectures mandatory attendance?

Lescture is not mandatory. Neither are the books, even though the student manual stresses their requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lescture is not mandatory. Neither are the books, even though the student manual stresses their requirement.
Alright, sweet. I remember the tour saying it wasn't, but read the manual and said they were. I guess what school wants to say "you don't have to go to our lectures"

How long did you guys between receiving the application complete email and the interview invite? Does anyone know the class size and status of seats open? What's the interview format? What days are they usually? How long before you hear the decision after interview?

How long did you guys between receiving the application complete email and the interview invite? Does anyone know the class size and status of seats open? What's the interview format? What days are they usually? How long before you hear the decision after interview?

1. I want to say about 2-3 weeks
2. I think the class size is 125 students. Don't know the status but they did say they interview through May.
3. Panel interview. 3 interviewers, 3 interviewees.
4. Monday and Tuesday
5. About 2-3 weeks

I had a three person panel, with four interviewees. I heard back with an acceptance 3 days after interview.

Three person panel (1 student, 2 faculty) with 3-5 interviewees (depending on interview group size). Class size is 135 but don't know about seats open (FB group has 122 members right now). Interviewed on Monday and they told us we'd hear back today, so I'm just waiting for a response!

Reactions: 1 users
Received a pretty cryptic decision email so now it's more waiting :(. Anyone else receive anything similar?

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, the decision on your application and interview to the TUCOM California Class of 2021 will be delayed until Thursday, April 13th. Please accept my apologies for this delay."

Does anyone know anything about getting a deferment here? All I can find online is that they accept requests to defer...

Received a pretty cryptic decision email so now it's more waiting :(. Anyone else receive anything similar?

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, the decision on your application and interview to the TUCOM California Class of 2021 will be delayed until Thursday, April 13th. Please accept my apologies for this delay."

Interesting, that is the deadline date for my $2000 deposit. Im leaning towards declining, hope you get it!

ACCEPTED!!! My first CA acceptance. This is such a dream come true. See you all in a few months!!!

Is the class full? Any chance of still getting an interview invite here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if there is a Second Look Day at this school? I know some medical schools have it as another chance to check out the school, campus, and meet classmates...or is there just orientation right before 1st semester begins?

Hey sorry if this has been asked already but has anyone who's been accepted received any financial aid information? How do we find out about these. What do we do? Thank you in advance!

Paid my deposit and emailed them the forms last week. I've called them twice earlier this week and left a message but still no response. Anyone know why they're not responding?

Paid my deposit and emailed them the forms last week. I've called them twice earlier this week and left a message but still no response. Anyone know why they're not responding?

Most offices have been closed for the most part over the last 2 weeks because of Passover.
Give them a call next week and they should be back.

I just interviewed on 4/25. I feel like my interview went pretty well. I have a 3.51 science, 3.66 cumulative, and a 506 MCAT. Are my chances any good?

Also, does anyone have or know where to find Touro CA's 2017 residency match list?

I just interviewed on 4/25. I feel like my interview went pretty well. I have a 3.51 science, 3.66 cumulative, and a 506 MCAT. Are my chances any good?

Excellent unless the class is already full otherwise you're good!

Excellent unless the class is already full otherwise you're good!

Awesome! that is great news. I looked at the Class of 2021 facebook, and there is already 166 members. But a lot of them had admin status, so I have no idea how many spots are still available. Hopefully enough for me to get in!

Awesome! that is great news. I looked at the Class of 2021 facebook, and there is already 166 members. But a lot of them had admin status, so I have no idea how many spots are still available. Hopefully enough for me to get in!

Just joined the group since I was accepted and a good number of the people posting are 2nd/3rd/4th years posting advice on textbooks, housing, etc, so it's not all 1st years. Also, they didn't require any proof of acceptance or verification, so the number might also be inflated.

Just joined the group since I was accepted and a good number of the people posting are 2nd/3rd/4th years posting advice on textbooks, housing, etc, so it's not all 1st years. Also, they didn't require any proof of acceptance or verification, so the number might also be inflated.

So we can't use the Class of 2021 facebook as a way to gauge how many people have been admitted. Does anyone know/has anyone heard how many spots are still available? Or how many people have been admitted?

When is winter break? Is there an easier to read calendar for the COM?

I feel like I'm going mad because I see nothing indicating that on the link you provided.
Sorry, it's a little confusing. You have to go on the OMS1 or OMS2 Fall schedules, then go all the way back to December. They have exams the week of 12/12 - 12/16, then there's nothing else on the calendar after the fact. The OMS1 and OMS2 Spring schedules then start again January 3.

Sorry, it's a little confusing. You have to go on the OMS1 or OMS2 Fall schedules, then go all the way back to December. They have exams the week of 12/12 - 12/16, then there's nothing else on the calendar after the fact. The OMS1 and OMS2 Spring schedules then start again January 3.

I see, had to look at 2 different calendars and backwards. Looks like a 2 week break, thanks!

Does anyone know the name of the admissions lady that conducted the interview day on April 25? The woman that was the first Touro faculty member in the room when we walked in.

Currently waitlisted here- but do you think it's worth it to write a letter of intent/update even though I've just been continuing my scribing job? I was thinking about expanding upon that and how it makes me a suitable candidate for their class.

Does anyone know how important it is to get your immunization records in by a certain date before school starts? I'm already way past deadline and keep having a million problems with my docs and I'm afraid I'm gonna be dinged by the admin somehow even though they said it's technically not necessary for matriculation

Does anyone know how important it is to get your immunization records in by a certain date before school starts? I'm already way past deadline and keep having a million problems with my docs and I'm afraid I'm gonna be dinged by the admin somehow even though they said it's technically not necessary for matriculation
I am literally in the EXACT same situation! Worst part is it looks like I have to repeat my hep B series and those take about 7 months so I'll be well into my first year. Since it's happening to both of us, I'm assuming it's a normal thing. Let them know your situation and that you're working hard trying to get everything done ASAP

I am literally in the EXACT same situation! Worst part is it looks like I have to repeat my hep B series and those take about 7 months so I'll be well into my first year. Since it's happening to both of us, I'm assuming it's a normal thing. Let them know your situation and that you're working hard trying to get everything done ASAP
ugh okay it makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one. They keep rejecting my paperwork because my DOB isn't on the exact same page as the titers but it's like how am I supposed to control that, it's a printout of my clinic's EMS? lol I'm kind of at a loss for what to do about it

ugh okay it makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one. They keep rejecting my paperwork because my DOB isn't on the exact same page as the titers but it's like how am I supposed to control that, it's a printout of my clinic's EMS? lol I'm kind of at a loss for what to do about it
Lmaoo I know. Same happened to me. It's so annoying! Call castlebranch. They can help you through those small issues.

Interviewed on April 25. Just got put on MEDIUM ALTERNATE status. 506 MCAT, 3.51 Science, 3.66 Cumulative.

Same thing is going on with me. I assume they aren't going to revoke our acceptances. I work full time and can't take days off to keep running to the hospital to get the titers done for the 4th time (they keep rejecting them for little things lol). I also re-started my hep-B and my medical paperwork is wayy late.

Currently waitlisted here- but do you think it's worth it to write a letter of intent/update even though I've just been continuing my scribing job? I was thinking about expanding upon that and how it makes me a suitable candidate for their class.

wouldn't hurt

Hi Everyone!

I was accepted recently, and I am trying to obtain more information about rotations because there is not much provided on the website. I understand that rotations are assigned based upon a lottery system, but can any current students provide more information regarding locations, quality, ward-based vs preceptor-based, etc.? Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
uhhh I looked on the Financial Aid requirements thing on TouroOne to make sure I didn't have any outstanding documents and it said my status is:

Admission decision pending

Requested Apr 30, 2017

I was admitted in November. Does anyone know what this means, lol. This school is trying to give me a heart attack every couple weeks.

For those of you that withdrew, did you just email Steven Davis? I emailed him a few days ago and haven't gotten a response. Just want to make sure I withdraw by May 15

So for everyone working on their immunization / health records, I emailed student health about getting them in within the 60 days. I was told that since we're so close to orientation, I can just get all the immunization titers or updates done at the student health clinic after orientation, as long as its completed by November.

Reactions: 2 users
uhhh I looked on the Financial Aid requirements thing on TouroOne to make sure I didn't have any outstanding documents and it said my status is:

Admission decision pending

Requested Apr 30, 2017

I was admitted in November. Does anyone know what this means, lol. This school is trying to give me a heart attack every couple weeks.

Also on my portal. Also admitted in November. Also had a heart attack. But I think we'll be fine :)

So for everyone working on their immunization / health records, I emailed student health about getting them in within the 60 days. I was told that since we're so close to orientation, I can just get all the immunization titers or updates done at the student health clinic after orientation, as long as its completed by November.

I love you.