Touro University - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed on April 25. Just got put on MEDIUM ALTERNATE status. 506 MCAT, 3.51 Science, 3.66 Cumulative.
same here

Members don't see this ad.

Is it true that you have to set up your own rotation site during your 4th year?

Members don't see this ad :)
uhhh I looked on the Financial Aid requirements thing on TouroOne to make sure I didn't have any outstanding documents and it said my status is:

Admission decision pending

Requested Apr 30, 2017

I was admitted in November. Does anyone know what this means, lol. This school is trying to give me a heart attack every couple weeks.
Same! I just contacted the admissions office today to ask what that means. Will give an update once they return my call :)

BTW does this school have a second look day for accepted students like at other medical schools? I haven't heard anything except about orientation...thanks!

Congrats. When was your interview and when did they call you with the results?
Thank you! My interview was done in early May, and I got the waitlist email the same week. How about you?

Will be withdrawing my acceptance shortly! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist, hope you all get in!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Same! I just contacted the admissions office today to ask what that means. Will give an update once they return my call :)

I contacted the financial aid office about this last Tuesday who said that admissions would follow up with me, which they haven't. I haven't received a financial aid package offer yet and paid my second deposit out of pocket. The system said proof of payment went to my Touro student email address which isn't currently accessible. The deadline for the tuition deposit is Monday and if processing is delayed due to any of these reasons, I'm not sure what's gonna happen. Any clarification on any of this would be appreciated :(

I contacted the financial aid office about this last Tuesday who said that admissions would follow up with me, which they haven't. I haven't received a financial aid package offer yet and paid my second deposit out of pocket. The system said proof of payment went to my Touro student email address which isn't currently accessible. The deadline for the tuition deposit is Monday and if processing is delayed due to any of these reasons, I'm not sure what's gonna happen. Any clarification on any of this would be appreciated :(

I have the same problem. Literally, the same exact thing. I called like three different offices, all said they'd get back to me, and nobody did. Sent emails, calls, etc. Kind of ridiculous. When I saw the "admissions decision pending" too, my heart rate shot up.

I have the same problem. Literally, the same exact thing. I called like three different offices, all said they'd get back to me, and nobody did. Sent emails, calls, etc. Kind of ridiculous. When I saw the "admissions decision pending" too, my heart rate shot up.
Where in the file does it say this? I'm looking on my Touro one portal and I feel like I just don't know what I'm doing. Anyone received their financial aid package yet?

I got an email saying they'll start sending them out but I never got anything.

Is it true that you have to set up your own rotation site during your 4th year?

Pretty sure this is true for any school. This is what VSAS is for. And you don't have a "site". You rotate at a variety of sites.

Do you really want the school setting up audition rotations for you? That just doesn't make sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where in the file does it say this? I'm looking on my Touro one portal and I feel like I just don't know what I'm doing. Anyone received their financial aid package yet?

I got an email saying they'll start sending them out but I never got anything.

They told me they give out financial aid packages for students starting in the Summer first. They just received the info from FAFSA ~2 weeks ago so it'll still be some time.

Go on the Touro One portal, and then on tab Financial services tab for the admissions decision pending.

Reactions: 1 user
They told me they give out financial aid packages for students starting in the Summer first. They just received the info from FAFSA ~2 weeks ago so it'll still be some time.

Go on the Touro One portal, and then on tab Financial services tab for the admissions decision pending.
Perfect! Thank you!

Pretty sure this is true for any school. This is what VSAS is for. And you don't have a "site". You rotate at a variety of sites.

Do you really want the school setting up audition rotations for you? That just doesn't make sense.
Thanks for the info. I had no idea about it, and neither did the current DO student I talked to.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea about it, and neither did the current DO student I talked to.

If it was a 1st year, that makes sense. They know nothing. If it was a 2nd year, that makes sense, most of them also know nothing.

Is anyone else having trouble trying to pay the deposit online? I sent a request through their online help thing...

To all late interviewees/waitlistees: word through the grapevine, there will be more waitlist movement and late acceptances than in years past. Apparently significantly more of the early acceptances have turned down acceptances than compared to past years. This may have to do with CNU upping their class size to 120

Good luck all!

Last edited:
To all late interviewees/waitlistees: word through the grapevine, there will be more waitlist movement and late acceptances than in years past. Apparently significantly more of the early acceptances have turned down acceptances than compared to past years. This may have to do with CNU upping their class size to 120

Good luck all!
That's good news! Although I have to correct you and say that CNU has not upped their class to 120 as of yet. Unless this just happened within the past few days and I haven't heard about it yet

(deleted post)

Last edited:
(deleted post)

Last edited:
quick question to those that have been accepted, any help appreciated! Other than paying the deposit after receiving the initial email for acceptance, is there anything that was required prior to receiving the official letter in the mail from the dean?

@alludallu @MDrocker @Invict Us
Looks like you don't have to worry about immunizations etc since they said they'll do that once we start for those of you that were accepted later in the cycle.

Carefully follow all the instructions given to you in the acceptance packet! Make sure your fafsa and MPN and all that financial aid stuff is all complete. You should be good as long as you do everything that's written in the packet. Congrats!!!

anyone wanna look for housing or need another roommate? let me know

Should I invest in the new Surface Pro 5 for classes, such as to take notes and written exams?

Should I invest in the new Surface Pro 5 for classes, such as to take notes and written exams?
I was also thinking of getting the surface pro or surface book. anyone enrolled please let us know!

Does anyone know if Medicaid is an acceptable insurance by Tucom? I would like to submit my waiver for SHIP and want to be sure first!

Has anyone on the waitlist been accepted recently? This uncertainty of future is killing me....

High alternative just got off the waitlist today!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone who withdrew after paying the deposit, did you get any amount of the deposit refunded?

how much was it? and what school did you end up going instead?
Hey sorry for the late response. I wasn't accepted, just curious about the deposit (it's $2000 according to earlier posts in the thread) policies. Someone else had mentioned something about it being illegal to hold more than $250 in CA, so I was curious if anyone had been able to claw back more of their deposit based on this law(?)

Hey sorry for the late response. I wasn't accepted, just curious about the deposit (it's $2000 according to earlier posts in the thread) policies. Someone else had mentioned something about it being illegal to hold more than $250 in CA, so I was curious if anyone had been able to claw back more of their deposit based on this law(?)
No worries! I should look into that.

Hi everyone, I recently came across the rep @ a grad school fair who strongly recommended the masters of health sciences program as a lead in into the DO program. Anybody went thru this process? Thoughts?

Hi everyone, I recently came across the rep @ a grad school fair who strongly recommended the masters of health sciences program as a lead in into the DO program. Anybody went thru this process? Thoughts?
the consensus on masters programs for med school is as follows- only do so if you think you need to in order to get accepted to medical school. If you have a 3.5 and 28/504 on the MCAT, some DO school will take you. If you are lower or your app has some red flags, masters programs are worth looking into if you are dedicated to the cause.

How strict is their 3.0 cGPA & sGPA pre-secondary screening? For an applicant with a slightly below the cutoff.

Will adcom value a one-year DIY post-bacc with >3.7 to overide the screening?