Tufts c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Right? I feel you - Really hope it works for you, especially if you need to notify your work. At this point, I just want news so I could move on with my life. Positive news will be better but this cliffhanger is maddening.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't gotten anything yet - I'm panic stricken. Literally spent the last 24 hours on this forum to hear some scrap of news... Its already the 10th for crying out loud. I get emails from ROSS on a daily basis just promoting their program and I didn't even apply there! They're the only school that has it together I feel like.

I also checked the portal- nothing. I did read somewhere on this forum that they are doing the 2nd wave of interview invites coming up very soon - Keeping my fingers crossed. If anyone is like me who is still waiting to hear SOMETHING please let me know! Good luck everyone!
Same!! Hang in there girl, we’ll hear soon😫

Same girl, same. It's funny that you mention the Ross emails because I also didn't apply and have been getting them haha
I really want to know if I have a chance at getting an interview at Tuft's because if not, I need to make plans with my job for next year and give them a heads up that I'll be staying an additional year while applying for the next cycle.
if I get something ill post !

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't gotten anything yet - I'm panic stricken. Literally spent the last 24 hours on this forum to hear some scrap of news... Its already the 10th for crying out loud. I get emails from ROSS on a daily basis just promoting their program and I didn't even apply there! They're the only school that has it together I feel like.

I also checked the portal- nothing. I did read somewhere on this forum that they are doing the 2nd wave of interview invites coming up very soon - Keeping my fingers crossed. If anyone is like me who is still waiting to hear SOMETHING please let me know! Good luck everyone!
we all are--a few folks emailed about fall transcripts and were told we'd hear in 2-3 weeks (the post I'm referencing was made Tuesday)

Same girl, same. It's funny that you mention the Ross emails because I also didn't apply and have been getting them haha
I really want to know if I have a chance at getting an interview at Tuft's because if not, I need to make plans with my job for next year and give them a heads up that I'll be staying an additional year while applying for the next cycle.
Ross is like a needy exbf...I get like 4 emails a day...and I'm like, listen, settle down there skippy! I did not apppppply there yet lol the next 1-2 weeks is going to be harrrd...but at least we all have each other :) (Side bar--people have mentioned Ross being super responsive through the interview process and then super slow on the decision making so they torture people too :) )

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Ross is like a needy exbf...I get like 4 emails a day...and I'm like, listen, settle down there skippy! I did not apppppply there yet lol the next 1-2 weeks is going to be harrrd...but at least we all have each other :) (Side bar--people have mentioned Ross being super responsive through the interview process and then super slow on the decision making so they torture people too :) )
YUS u said it perfectly. We got this !

haven't heard anything either. I've seen a couple of people post that they're out of state and got accepted. dead silence over here. hoping we hear something in the next week or so.

Yea im anxiously waiting to and im in state. They had told me in state has higher chances to so like ? Ross emails everyone because people don't want to move there. I heard they are super easy to get into but tough to stay in because of the culture shock everyone leaves. Anyways, had an interview at liu, and waitlisted at cornell. But I really want to get an interview at tufts allready. Losing my mind. I wonder how they decided who was going to go in December and why they allready heard back and we have nothing

Yea im anxiously waiting to and im in state. They had told me in state has higher chances to so like ? Ross emails everyone because people don't want to move there. I heard they are super easy to get into but tough to stay in because of the culture shock everyone leaves. Anyways, had an interview at liu, and waitlisted at cornell. But I really want to get an interview at tufts allready. Losing my mind. I wonder how they decided who was going to go in December and why they allready heard back and we have nothing
I have some friends who graduated Ross and they said the attrition rate was generally because it's easier to get in but harder to stay in. Most programs will accept a C as passing, Ross requires you to maintain Bs. (at least they did at the time they were there--the most recent Rossie I know personally has been out for about 4-5 years.). Everyone I know loved the island--but mentioned the cost of getting home etc being a real downer. One vet I worked with had a dog who'd had a major bowel resection, it was an island stray that was her assigned surgical patient....it was a learning procedure only, not medically required in anyway--she mentioned the scooping up of the island strays as a part of what happens for surgical teaching. That may have changed too, as it's been about 7 years since I worked with her.

I have some friends who graduated Ross and they said the attrition rate was generally because it's easier to get in but harder to stay in. Most programs will accept a C as passing, Ross requires you to maintain Bs. (at least they did at the time they were there--the most recent Rossie I know personally has been out for about 4-5 years.). Everyone I know loved the island--but mentioned the cost of getting home etc being a real downer. One vet I worked with had a dog who'd had a major bowel resection, it was an island stray that was her assigned surgical patient....it was a learning procedure only, not medically required in anyway--she mentioned the scooping up of the island strays as a part of what happens for surgical teaching. That may have changed too, as it's been about 7 years since I worked with her.
Yea the travel is a big thing to. I worked with a few Ross students as well. They have rotations where they have to get jobs one month at a time at different places and most people have to go back to the states because there isn't as much on the island. Flying all over must suck. But my vet also owns a home there and goes back every year to treat the strays he did mention the culture shock to be a huge factor. I guess people just miss home and everything. I didnt apply there because I cant travel with all my exotics on a plane so.

Yea the travel is a big thing to. I worked with a few Ross students as well. They have rotations where they have to get jobs one month at a time at different places and most people have to go back to the states because there isn't as much on the island. Flying all over must suck. But my vet also owns a home there and goes back every year to treat the strays he did mention the culture shock to be a huge factor. I guess people just miss home and everything. I didnt apply there because I cant travel with all my exotics on a plane so.
it's definitely hard to accomodate as life gets more complicated.I have 2 kids, a dog and 5 cats soooo I'm trying to make the moving as simple as possible by 1)not moving lol 2)staying on my own coast (at least this cycle of applications)

i emailed patty with a question about sending transcripts and she said that the next round of interview invites, places on the waitlist to interview, and denial notices “will begin going out over the course of the next 2-3 weeks.”
i'm a little confused by this, does she mean we shouldn't send transcripts til they send out another update in a couple weeks? (like if you got an interview invite in 2 weeks or something)

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm a little confused by this, does she mean we shouldn't send transcripts til they send out another update in a couple weeks? (like if you got an interview invite in 2 weeks or something)
I think this person emailed about it and in turn she answered what they asked and added a timeline for hearing back..if you have them to send it doesn't hurt to touch base with an update!

I think this person emailed about it and in turn she answered what they asked and added a timeline for hearing back..if you have them to send it doesn't hurt to touch base with an update!
sounds good, thanks :)

she told me that i shouldn’t pay to send transcripts until i hear a decision in 2-3 weeks, but that i could send them if it were free!

she told me that i shouldn’t pay to send transcripts until i hear a decision in 2-3 weeks, but that i could send them if it were free!
I was told at one point that the transcript just needs to be in before classes start. So like I still have a class I need to take and im waiting to take it . And then I can send it after I get accepted. Or that's what I remember being told. Like u just have to finish all your prereqs before starting.

That is true, but if you got really good grades in the fall, you could have sent a transcript in immediately so that it could help your application. But I think now even if you send it they’ve probably already made their decisions and won’t review it. But maybe ask to be sure!

I was told at one point that the transcript just needs to be in before classes start. So like I still have a class I need to take and im waiting to take it . And then I can send it after I get accepted. Or that's what I remember being told. Like u just have to finish all your prereqs before starting.

That is true, but if you got really good grades in the fall, you could have sent a transcript in immediately so that it could help your application. But I think now even if you send it they’ve probably already made their decisions and won’t review it. But maybe ask to be sure!
That’s what I did.

I graduated my undergrad a few years ago. So I only have one prereq left that they won't accept from my degree. But yes of course if ur still in undergrad send your grades in. I was told a few years back thought hat the courses I had where enough to be accepted but the prereqs still need to be finished before we start.

Ok so I just realized its almost jan 14 that means 2 weeks of January have past and nothing from tufts. Im getting a little concerned now. I dont want to be annoying and email them and be like yo whats up cause I allready did that back in December.

Ok so I just realized its almost jan 14 that means 2 weeks of January have past and nothing from tufts. Im getting a little concerned now. I dont want to be annoying and email them and be like yo whats up cause I allready did that back in December.
Someone posted last Tuesday that Patty told them 2 to 3 weeks so one of those 2 to 3 weeks has passed.

Someone posted last Tuesday that Patty told them 2 to 3 weeks so one of those 2 to 3 weeks has passed.
This is true! I got a response from patty answering a question I had and she said 1-2 weeks.

This is true! I got a response from patty answering a question I had and she said 1-2 weeks.
But like didnt they say the interviews were end of January/ beginning of February. If there is still another 1 to 2 weeks before we hear if we have an interview wouldnt that mean it would be right before the interview.. idk maybe I'm over thinking this.

But like didnt they say the interviews were end of January/ beginning of February. If there is still another 1 to 2 weeks before we hear if we have an interview wouldnt that mean it would be right before the interview.. idk maybe I'm over thinking this.
My assumption is that if you get an invite in the 1 week window, so say on Wednesday 1/20, your interview is likely 1/27. And if you get an invite in the 2 week window say on 1/27, your interview is 2/3. Again, assumption. But if you expect an invite, or even if you don’t, I’d start prepping now just in case.

One person (not a vet school person just an average working class human) said the best advice they ever received before going in to an interview was to jot down anything that came to mind that might be an answer to a question.

Say tomorrow you’re going about your business but daydreaming or lost in thought and you randomly remember that time when you had an internship back in 2014 and you lost a handle on the hawk and forgot to prep its medication so then while you were crying in a panic you had to take a deep breath, not panic, and use what you learned to catch the hawk, prep the meds, and do the process correctly over again, all while being harshly lectured by the staff member who was observing to see if you passed the aviary level and could move on to mammals... jot that down, the lesson you learned from it, and what kind of question you think it would answer.

Then, by the time your interview invite comes, you’re already ready.

(yes, that story is true) 🙃

for those who are still waiting this is the status as of 2 days ago...

Attachments

• IMG_2441.jpeg
    IMG_2441.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: 3 users
Guys my portal changed... anyone else? (I know they said not to check the portal, but I have it pinned and when I opened up the browser it was on that tab)

Wondering if this is going to be another situation like last time 😂 STAY CALM EVERYONE!

Last edited:
Hey! My portal says congratulations on getting selected for an interview!

Reactions: 7 users
Hey! My portal says congratulations on getting selected for an interview!
Mine too! Trying to decide if this is something to be happy about or if it's a situation like last time where they accidentally uploaded a bunch of stuff to everyone's portal then we all watched them delete it in real time... I'm not trying to make everyone panic! I haven't received an email or anything!

Mine too! Trying to decide if this is something to be happy about or if it's a situation like last time where they accidentally uploaded a bunch of stuff to everyone's portal then we all watched them delete it in real time... I'm not trying to make everyone panic! I haven't received an email or anything!
My portal didn't change :cryi:

Thank you! Don’t worry, your username and password weren’t on there. I didn’t have any changes in my portal though regarding an interview.
Oh good 😂 I'm sure it's coming, they must be going through everyone individually. I haven't gotten an email or anything yet, I was just wondering if there was anyone else!

Oh good 😂 I'm sure it's coming, they must be going through everyone individually. I haven't gotten an email or anything yet, I was just wondering if there was anyone else!
Maybe they're going alphabetically lol for those who have an interview invite on their portal, what does your last name start with?

Maybe they're going alphabetically lol for those who have an interview invite on their portal, what does your last name start with?
My last name start with a P! I was thinking it could be based on when we turned in our apps but I turned mine in on the day they were due so... maybe they're going last received to first received? Or just randomly because who knows anymore with these schools :shrug:

Does anyone know if this is the last wave of invites they're sending out or should we be expecting more in the next 1-3 weeks?

My last name start with a P! I was thinking it could be based on when we turned in our apps but I turned mine in on the day they were due so... maybe they're going last received to first received? Or just randomly because who knows anymore with these schools :shrug:
Yeah I turned mine in the day it was due too, and my last name starts with an M. C'mon Patty, give your girl an interview plzzz :lol:

so my last name starts with G and I didn't get an update if that helps! I'm weirdly not too worried. Tufts started out as my dream school, but it's funny how dreams can change. I submitted mine August 15th because I applied for the early VMCAS reimbursement cut off.

Can somebody please post a screenshot of the portal and what it looks like for interviews? I'm confused where people are seeing them

Can somebody please post a screenshot of the portal and what it looks like for interviews? I'm confused where people are seeing them
Under the section where it says "Welcome to Your DVM Application Portal!" there was a new section that appeared for me today that says "A Message from Dean Alistair Cribb". There is congratulates me on getting an interview. HOWEVER - I have not received an email with interview info yet so I am not sure if I or others that have this change have for sure gotten an interview or if they're just doing some site maintenance and it's a weird glitch like last time.

Under the section where it says "Welcome to Your DVM Application Portal!" there was a new section that appeared for me today that says "A Message from Dean Alistair Cribb". There is congratulates me on getting an interview. HOWEVER - I have not received an email with interview info yet so I am not sure if I or others that have this change have for sure gotten an interview or if they're just doing some site maintenance and it's a weird glitch like last time.

Thank you for that info!

Thank you for that info!
No problem, I'm just going to keep waiting until I get an email before I say if I did/didn't get an interview 😂 I don't want to be like OMG OMG and then have Tufts be like " HA HA... NO."

dollar gotcha GIF

So
No problem, I'm just going to keep waiting until I get an email before I say if I did/didn't get an interview 😂 I don't want to be like OMG OMG and then have Tufts be like " HA HA... NO."

dollar gotcha GIF
Someone on facebook mentioned that they were offered an interview to a school recently, and then were notified a few days later that it was a technical error and ultimately a mistake... not to scare anyone LOL

• Wow
So

Someone on facebook mentioned that they were offered an interview to a school recently, and then were notified a few days later that it was a technical error and ultimately a mistake... not to scare anyone LOL
That's what I'm worried about 😂 That's why I asked here, just to see if it was just me, everyone, or only some people... now idk what to think 😂