UIC or MCW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

O 2 B A Gooner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So,

I have been accepted to both of these institutions and the only catch so far is that it is very less likely that I will find out which campus have I been placed into for UIC before April 30th. I am having hard time deciding where to go to. To provide some perspective...
  1. The tuition isn't much different - UIC is 5k less than MCW as I am IS for Illinois.
  2. I am from Chicago and would love to stay in Chicago.
  3. There is a good chance I would be place in Urbana and so forth.
  4. Extremely interested in research and programs that would help me build a good CV for the residencies.
So, keeping those things in mind, is a UofI-Urbana placement better than MCW or vice versa? As of now, if I get a Chicago placement I would definitely choose that over MCW. I am also interested in applying to Scholar Programs at UIC which I don't think so MCW provides. UIC also provides to opportunity to apply for Masters programs after getting accepted which I am interested in, but MCW doesn't (at least from what I know).

Hence, I would appreciate any advise from fellow SDN members as to what would be the best option for me. I know I haven't provided the best information for you fellas to suggest me a school so if you want more information to better help me, please ask away. As always, any help is much appreciated!

Cheers! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Why wouldn't they tell you which campus you're assigned to until after April 30th? That seems pretty unethical to make you choose without knowing where you will actually be.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I need to get accepted and send my campus selection card. From what I have heard, Chicago campus is full, so, Urbana is the best bet at the moment. Any suggestions would help.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but you can't be considered instate for more than one school?
I think you can as far as tuition goes. For example, children of veterans get instate tuition at any public school. Could be a situation like that

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but you can't be considered instate for more than one school?
Yes, my parents are from IL and I have worked in WI for a year now. So yes!...........

Anyone happy to answer my questions yet?!?!?!?! Pleaseeeee