University of Georgia c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EngrSC

VMCVM
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
IS applicant, non-trad, first time applying. Who’s in? :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad.

Me too! OOS, non-trad, first time applying. Assuming they are ok with my course levels of "higher level biology"! Need to buck up the courage to e-mail them...

Reactions: 1 user
Me too! OOS, non-trad, first time applying. Assuming they are ok with my course levels of "higher level biology"! Need to buck up the courage to e-mail them...
I had to call them last year to make sure my courses qualified! They were super nice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I am applying. OOS. Second-time applicant. First time applying to UGA.

Have any of you started working on the supplemental? I’m working on this question “Describe the three most significant experiences you have had since beginning college”, which I find to be super vague. Are we limited to experiences we had while in college? Or is every aspect of life fair game if it occurred after our first day of college? Maybe I’m over-thinking it ...

Have any of you started working on the supplemental? I’m working on this question “Describe the three most significant experiences you have had since beginning college”, which I find to be super vague. Are we limited to experiences we had while in college? Or is every aspect of life fair game if it occurred after our first day of college? Maybe I’m over-thinking it ...
Likely they want adult life stories. haha

IS 2nd cycle but first time applying to UGA (i had a problem last year with my application)

Hey guys! Current 2nd year here. I’m happy to answer any questions about UGA, Athens, applications, etc. Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Soooo I struggled really hard with deciding not to apply to UGA. I visited in 2017 and fell in love, but as an OOS student my chances were just not there. Good luck to everyone applying!

2nd year applicant, 1st time applying to UGA (my top choice!!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody! 1st time OOS applicant!

How does Georgia communicate with applicants? If there is a portal what is the address?

1st time applicant. UGA is my top choice! Does anyone know approximately what time we would hear if we got in or not?

1st time applicant. UGA is my top choice! Does anyone know approximately what time we would hear if we got in or not?

IIRC it’s early March

Hi there- First-time applicant, OOS, Georgia is my second top choice but has been moving up to my first choice. However, I just received an email saying that I did not pay the supplemental fee, but I know for a fact that I did. Has anybody else had this issue?

Hi there- First-time applicant, OOS, Georgia is my second top choice but has been moving up to my first choice. However, I just received an email saying that I did not pay the supplemental fee, but I know for a fact that I did. Has anybody else had this issue?
It took me several tries for it to go through so I took screen shots and sent them the day of. I never received an email back so I hoped everything was ok. Now I’m worried!

Hmm.. did you get an email from [email protected] about your payment? Subject of the email I received (after payment) was "Your on-line Order (#NNNNNN)" and the body of the email is basically a receipt for the supplemental fee. Try to find this email and forward it to them? Or, you can also go back to your credit card statement to see if you were ever charged for it (if you used a credit card)!

Will they email us at all letting us know where we stand in their application process throughout the cycle?

I had that happen i just had to send a copy of my bank statement!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turns out the payment never went through! I searched through my bank statements and all of my emails and even called the director and had a lengthy conversation with him about processing issues and such. He told me there's nothing he can do for me. :( Pretty disappointed because this was one of my top 3 schools. But not going to get too upset about it, just going to take this as a sign from the universe that UGA wasn't for me! I wish you all the best of luck!!

Will they email us at all letting us know where we stand in their application process throughout the cycle?
We got very little communication from the school when I applied. I got an email in November stating that I had met all of the application requirements, and then an email in December reminding us to send in our Fall transcripts. That’s about the only emails we got until our acceptances.

UGA emailed me saying that I don’t meet the Advanced Biology course requirement even though I took Animal Phys and Genetics. :’(

UGA emailed me saying that I don’t meet the Advanced Biology course requirement even though I took Animal Phys and Genetics. :’(
Oh no, I had that happen for UF it really sucks. Did you apply to any other schools?

So sorry :(. What were the course numbers for your animal Phys and genetics? UGA is a stickler for those being 300/3000 level courses

Yeah I did apply to other schools thankfully. Genetics and animal Phys are 200 level at my school.

Hey everyone! First time applying to UGA OOS! I was wondering what the timeline was like for when they contact our references and when they let us know if we got in. I want to leave my job with my current veterinarian but not until he gets a call from the school o_O

Hey everyone! First time applying to UGA OOS! I was wondering what the timeline was like for when they contact our references and when they let us know if we got in. I want to leave my job with my current veterinarian but not until he gets a call from the school o_O

According to last year’s thread, they didn’t send acceptances until February 25th. I think when they contact references is super variable.

Yeah I did apply to other schools thankfully. Genetics and animal Phys are 200 level at my school.
I ran into the same problem I atleast caught it early enough but still hate that they are so strict in regards to it being a 300 or above. Many schools in my area Genetics is only a 200 class.

I ran into the same problem I atleast caught it early enough but still hate that they are so strict in regards to it being a 300 or above. Many schools in my area Genetics is only a 200 class.
I just realized my genetics class was 283. But no one has contacted me??

I just realized they only required a certain amount of upper level courses and just recommend genetics. I guess my other courses are sufficient

That shouldn’t matter as long as you have at least 8 credits of other upper division biology courses.

According to last year’s thread, they didn’t send acceptances until February 25th. I think when they contact references is super variable.

I’m still curious as to whom they contact for the references. Like I have a bunch of different experiences so I wasn’t sure if they contact our reference letters or additional experiences (cause I put down “no” to contact for all my experiences except my vet stuff, so I don’t know if they’ll ask to contact those activities I put no to contact).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I’m still curious as to whom they contact for the references. Like I have a bunch of different experiences so I wasn’t sure if they contact our reference letters or additional experiences (cause I put down “no” to contact for all my experiences except my vet stuff, so I don’t know if they’ll ask to contact those activities I put no to contact).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I believe they contact the people you listed as references, not your experiences.

Just got an email from them giving an update for their application process. It says that I moved onto their faculty review. Does everyone usually pass the initial review? It also says they are aiming for February to give final decisions.

My email said it is moving onto “faculty reviewers”. The website says step 1 minimum requirements (3.0 GPA, 308 GRE), step 2 faculty review (prerequisite courses, vet experience, leadership/dedication for vet school), step 3 admissions committee (further consideration), step 4 checking references, step 5 decisions. To me that means if you got the email you just had the GPA and GRE.

Just got an email from them giving an update for their application process. It says that I moved onto their faculty review. Does everyone usually pass the initial review? It also says they are aiming for February to give final decisions.
I got the same email. I'm OOS if that makes a difference. I wonder if it just means that we met all pre-reqs or if there was some type of cutoff we met?

Also moved to faculty review, IS applicant

Do they let us know by any chance if we move past faculty review onto committee review?

Do they let us know by any chance if we move past faculty review onto committee review?
I don’t remember getting an email about it last year and I made it on the waitlist then! Hoping for better luck this year, but I know from here on out we heard virtually nothing last year

Made it to folder review. OOS.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Made it it to the faculty review! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Do schools google applicants? Like do they stalk their social media? I don't have anything inappropriate but I am wondering if I should be cautious.