University of Pikeville - Kentucky (UP-KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am looking into applying for KY-COM to start in Fall 2018. I have visited the campus and fell in love. I have a lower GPA (3.1) but a decent MCAT score (511), nearly 4,000 clinical hours, and over 500 volunteer hours. Do I still have a chance of getting accepted?

Yes I think you have a good chance, the MCAT will definitely make up for the lower GPA. Also the clinical and volunteer hours help of course. I think what is more important is if your application and secondary matches their mission of rural health and primary care.

Members don't see this ad.

If it's not too much trouble, could someone post or send me the physical form for verified credentials? I'm having some issues with verified credentials right now, and I've already scheduled an appointment with my PCP. She was able to fit me in, but it's soon! And i'm concerned that my issue with verified credentials won't get past customer service in time.

Thanks ahead of time!

If it's not too much trouble, could someone post or send me the physical form for verified credentials? I'm having some issues with verified credentials right now, and I've already scheduled an appointment with my PCP. She was able to fit me in, but it's soon! And i'm concerned that my issue with verified credentials won't get past customer service in time.

Thanks ahead of time!
... what is happening lol?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
... what is happening lol?

hhaha yeah sorry that was a bit unclear. UPike is doing background, immunization, and other things like that via a service called verified credentials (VC). Right now, my only credit card got a fraudulent charge on it, and so the bank canceled it and are re-issuing it. Unfortunately, until I pay for the whole service (requiring a credit card), VC's system won't let me see the form for me physical check up. But my appointment with my physician is tomorrow! :X!

But no worries anymore. VC got back to me and I have the form!

Also, thanks for all of the info regarding KYCOM, Samac. Just figured I'd throw that in. I've been lurking this thread for a while and you've been so damn helpful!

Hello,
I am an accepted student at KYCOM. Does anyone know if there are any recommendations or requirements for computers?

The computer that I was planning to bring with me to school just broke a few days ago, and I need to purchase a new computer.

Hello,
I am an accepted student at KYCOM. Does anyone know if there are any recommendations or requirements for computers?

The computer that I was planning to bring with me to school just broke a few days ago, and I need to purchase a new computer.
Kycom gives students a laptop and an iPad to my understanding.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

does anyone know what laptop we are getting

Hi! I'm already accepted for 2018 entering year and have completed all the requirements for admission... does anyone know how likely it is to be put into the 2017 class from this point?

Just withdrew my acceptance. Goodluck to those on the waitlist!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope I will make someone's day, as I will be withdrawing my acceptance here. Does anyone know how to go about this? I have tried calling the assistant director of admissions, but each time I have called, I don't get an answer.

I figured it out. Just withdrew my seat here! I hope one of you patiently waiting gets it!

Is class mandatory attendance 8am to 5pm every weekday? And I remember something about only non-core classes are pass/fail. But what exactly are non-core classes again?

Is class mandatory attendance 8am to 5pm every weekday? And I remember something about only non-core classes are pass/fail. But what exactly are non-core classes again?
It's usually 8-3 everyday. Class is mandatory first semester. Second semester this past year they worked something into the syllabus to make phys mandatory.
There's one P/F class, it's just a lecture one hour a week that you get credit for going to

Need a roommate if anyone is interested! (Female)

Hi guys,
I just had an interview at KYCOM on 10/14/17 for the class starting in fall 2018...I was told they get back to you in a 3-4 days if you're accepted. I haven't heard anything back so I'm kinda freaking out. Its been one week since my interview. Anyone who already interviewed get their acceptance yet?? Let me know! Thanks!!

Does anyone know if kycom has any trauma 1 rotation sites?