UVM vs. VCU vs. Tufts

Started by chessodoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessodoc

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I am accepted to Vermont and waitlisted at VCU, Tufts - just thinking of whether or not I should sent a LOI to VCU or Tufts...but I gotta determine if I would go there over Vermont should I get accepted.

What do you guys think?

PS: Sorry for spamming the forum with yet another X vs. Y topic.
 
What are you looking for? Three very different schools. Personally:

UVM=Tufts>VCU

Tufts would be higher if it weren't for cost.
 
I think all 3 schools are excellent and I would be ridiculously happy at all 3...but I LOVED UVM, I really liked Boston and I have a crush on my student host at VCU 😎
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So you loved one, liked another, and have a crush on a student at the third? Go to the one you loved and already got in to.
 
So you loved one, liked another, and have a crush on a student at the third? Go to the one you loved and already got in to.

I really liked all the schools, but for some reason UVM appealed to me the most.

The administration at Tufts was just...cold, but a really reputable school. And VCU just seemed amazing as well, but I felt like UVM has something special which I can't put a finger on.

The only negative aspect about UVM is the "city" of Burlington...too isolated in my humble opinion.

Tuition is practically the same at all schools too...maybe Tufts is a little expensive.
 
To me it sounds like you have made your decision. You will get a solid education at any of the schools.

If you have specific questions about VCU, send me a PM. I'm a 3rd year there now.
 
I'm from NYC and I LOVE Burlington. I have spent a fair amount of time there. Depends what you are looking for I guess, but I think its a great "city." Lot's of nice and down to earth people, beautiful scenery, very good restaurants/ cafes, good local music, and fun bars. If I had gotten into UVM I would have gone in a second!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.