Wake forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LupaCupcake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thing is, I live in the same city as Wake Forest med school. I have driven past it more than I can count and I have gone to the hospital they use to visit sick family members. Due to my recent situation (going single mommy route) it is imperative that I try to stay near my only family members that can assist me. This has bumped up Wake Forest to my #1 pick. If accepted at WF, I would not need to move, my kid stays in the same school, Grandma is 10 min away to help babysit...it just makes sense. I know I know......I can't put all my eggs in one basket and WF happens to be a VERY expensive private school. That being said, I have to try.

On the website it states that CC courses are STRONGLY discouraged. ehh..... Money is a big factor for me so I really need to stick with CC. Anyone know how lenient they are with this? My bachelor degree (psych maj/bio min) was from a 4 year school and I have a 3.8. I need the chem and phys from the local CC. Do you think they would even consider me with CC courses since they stated "strongly discouraged"?

I tried contacting them, but no reply just yet on this one. Any idea how they feel about online/hybrid courses?
The whole working fulltime plus single mom thing gives me limited time so hybrids really appeal to me. Yes I am non-trad if you didn't pick up on that yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Go by the school and talk to the admissions people. Not sure if they take appointments, but make one.

All the admissions folks I've ever come accross have been extremely empathetic and kind people, and I'm sure if you explained your situation in person they would be more likely to help you.

that is a good idea to go up in person rather than call or email

Members don't see this ad :)
Thing is, I live in the same city as Wake Forest med school. I have driven past it more than I can count and I have gone to the hospital they use to visit sick family members. Due to my recent situation (going single mommy route) it is imperative that I try to stay near my only family members that can assist me. This has bumped up Wake Forest to my #1 pick. If accepted at WF, I would not need to move, my kid stays in the same school, Grandma is 10 min away to help babysit...it just makes sense. I know I know......I can't put all my eggs in one basket and WF happens to be a VERY expensive private school. That being said, I have to try.

On the website it states that CC courses are STRONGLY discouraged. ehh..... Money is a big factor for me so I really need to stick with CC. Anyone know how lenient they are with this? My bachelor degree (psych maj/bio min) was from a 4 year school and I have a 3.8. I need the chem and phys from the local CC. Do you think they would even consider me with CC courses since they stated "strongly discouraged"?

I tried contacting them, but no reply just yet on this one. Any idea how they feel about online/hybrid courses?
The whole working fulltime plus single mom thing gives me limited time so hybrids really appeal to me. Yes I am non-trad if you didn't pick up on that yet.

These kinds of personal questions are what in-person appointments are for. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.