2021-2022 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone speak on the stress level of the virtual interview? and if possible can someone comment on the length of the questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what % of their WL ends up getting an A?
According to MSARs 40% of the incoming class if from the waitlist and they accepted 111 individuals off the waitlist last year. Not sure how many started on the waitlist but thats all the data we got. Best of luck!
Edit: "WFSM moves to the waitlist as spots become available in the upcoming class. Acceptance from the waitlist usually happens after April 30th."

Reactions: 3 users
i can't believe they made me log into the portal just to be rejected lmao. OOS with ties to the state, LizzyM 72.5, complete 7/13
This is to ensure that high stakes information is accurate and makes it to the the correct person. Email errors around admission status have occurred at other schools in the recent past.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is to ensure that high stakes information is accurate and makes it to the the correct person. Email errors around admission status have occurred at other schools in the recent past.
Throw back to the Mayo thread a year and a half* ago where they accidentally sent an acceptance email to pretty much everyone...

For those curious, its in the SDN 2019-2020 Mayo thread, starting in page 22.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Throw back to the Mayo thread a year and a half* ago where they accidentally sent an acceptance email to pretty much everyone...

For those curious, its in the SDN 2019-2020 Mayo thread, starting in page 22.
Check the Cincinnati thread this year, they “pulled the wrong list” and gave acceptance phone calls to rejected or WL applicants 😭

• Wow
  • Hmm
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!!!! Was it a call or email? Did your portal update?
Thank you!! It was an email saying "A final decision has been made on your application. Please log into the student portal to view the decision." and then I was able to open a pdf of my decision letter through there

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school typically interview a lot of people OOS? I haven’t heard anything yet and that makes me somewhat hopeful but I know it may be a delayed R, hahaha. I was complete 8/2.

Reactions: 2 users
I haven’t heard back anything either and I was complete late june

Reactions: 6 users
complete 7/29, OOS ORM, still chance for II?

welp it's officially December 1st and I have 0 interview invites, reapplication is imminent

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
welp it's officially December 1st and I have 0 interview invites, reapplication is imminent
+1, don't know if I really have a red flag, or it's just because I applied late and should wait a bit more. But whatever, I'm starting to prepare for a reaplication anyways.

+1, don't know if I really have a red flag, or it's just because I applied late and should wait a bit more. But whatever, I'm starting to prepare for a reaplication anyways.
I applied in June so I def have a red flag, but would have expected at least a rejection. My red flag is def my 508 MCAT

pre ii R just now. $165 down the drain. LM 70 OOS

• Care
pre-II R just now. Complete 7/28 LM: 69 and 3rd quartile CASPER OOS ORM.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R. Reapplicant, OOS, LM 68, ORM. Complete 7/24. Rip me lol

• Care
Pre-II R, complete September 19, 72 LM, sent a big update letter about 10 days ago. 2nd quartile Casper. Not gonna lie, this one stings.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R. Complete who cares. Stats whatever.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 19 users
What types of things will you change before May/June?

Complete 7/15 and still silence. I am guessing they just have not gotten to my application yet.

Complete 7/15 and still silence. I am guessing they just have not gotten to my application yet.
same! But I'm trying to remain positive and hope that this leads to a possible ii down the road :) I wish the same for all of you waiting to hear from Wake Forest and other schools!!

pre-II R today as well. OOS, reapplicant. upsetting because I thought I had a shot at this school, but it is what it is. best of luck to everyone else :thumbup:

• Care
Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the interview here? Thanks so much!

Also for those who got Rs I hope you receive acceptances from other schools! I've gotten a handful of Rs and know the feeling. *sending virtual hugs*

• Care
Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the interview here? Thanks so much!

Also for those who got Rs I hope you receive acceptances from other schools! I've gotten a handful of Rs and know the feeling. *sending virtual hugs*
I felt like it was a little trickier to prepare for this MMI for me personally because it was asynchronous/one-way so I didn't have any verbal or facial feedback on what I was saying. I think the best thing you can do to prepare is to be comfortable being recorded/seeing yourself being recorded and have a clear train of thought (I lost it once or twice because I started to stare at myself in the video). Good luck!

Has anyone who interviewed in early November heard one way or the other? I got the sense they would send out As or WLs relatively quickly and I’m only slightly neurotic at this point.

Has anyone who interviewed in early November heard one way or the other? I got the sense they would send out As or WLs relatively quickly and I’m only slightly neurotic at this point.
I had my virtual session on 11/30 and they said we'd hear probably before the Holidays.... so I'm sure you will hear well before then.

Waitlisted just now :/ Interviewed 11/9

• Care