You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Wake Forest
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I recently purchased a new laptop a couple months ago and was planning to use it for school as well as personal use. Would I be able to get reimbursed for this instead of purchasing another, separate laptop?
Also withdrew! Hope it goes to one of you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, emailHow do we officially withdraw our acceptance? Email? I didn't see an option on my portal. Thank!
lynn0819
New Member
I was neurotically checking my portal and I forgot if this was there before but is everyone able to see in their checklist underneath Letter of Interest (Waitlisted applicants only) another tab that says Student Information Systems Access (Accepted Students Only)? I feel like it was always there but not sure
I recently purchased a new laptop a couple months ago and was planning to use it for school as well as personal use. Would I be able to get reimbursed for this instead of purchasing another, separate laptop?
Yes! Every student is going to get reimbursed whether you buy a new laptop or not; you just have to fill out a form saying your current laptop meets their requirements (now where that form is I’m not actually sure lol, I dunno if they’ve sent that yet)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was neurotically checking my portal and I forgot if this was there before but is everyone able to see in their checklist underneath Letter of Interest (Waitlisted applicants only) another tab that says Student Information Systems Access (Accepted Students Only)? I feel like it was always there but not sure
yes was always there
ihopetibiadoc
Full Member
Seemed like they had been going to the waitlist on Mondays every two weeks, so I thought there may be some movement today. Guess not?! Anyone hear anything recently?
BaxandWinny
Full Member
Just withdrew from Wake. Hope it goes to someone soon!
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
Withdrew my app, best of luck to whoever gets it!
Just withdrew from Wake. Hope it goes to someone soon!
Thanks for letting us know! Was there a deadline for today to withdraw??Withdrew my app, best of luck to whoever gets it!
No - they likely got pulled from a preferential WL!Thanks for letting us know! Was there a deadline for today to withdraw??
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
I got into wake in February. I switched my plan to enroll on the 30th but forgot to email them to formally withdraw my app until today when they emailed to clarify.No - they likely got pulled from a preferential WL!
Gotcha. Thanks for letting us know and good luck 🙂I got into wake in February. I switched my plan to enroll on the 30th but forgot to email them to formally withdraw my app until today when they emailed to clarify.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seemed like they had been going to the waitlist on Mondays every two weeks, so I thought there may be some movement today. Guess not?! Anyone hear anything recently?
It actually looks like they had movement on March 30th and April 20th, which is a three week gap. I was expecting movement after the deadline last week but maybe they’re following this pattern of three weeks? Anybody have any other information?
doc_the_stallion
Full Member
just withdrew my acceptance! hope it opens up a spot for someone on the WL here 🙂
D
deleted820490
Just withdrew good luck to all of us in the future!
BaxandWinny
Full Member
I got into Wake in October and was weighing my options for the April 30th deadline. Just got to it on Monday instead of Friday.No - they likely got pulled from a preferential WL!
D
deleted1008720
It seems to me like there's been a ton of WL movement on here already... How much of a chance do you think we have if we're still on the WL at this point? 😳 I really really like this school and would love a chance to attend!
It seems to me like there's been a ton of WL movement on here already... How much of a chance do you think we have if we're still on the WL at this point? 😳 I really really like this school and would love a chance to attend!
Looking at how many people have withdrawn lately, and that they sent out an email on Monday to accepted applicants who haven't PTE'd to Wake I'm hoping we'll see some more movement soon!
ihopetibiadoc
Full Member
Does anyone have any updates on the WL?
No, was really hoping to see some wl movement today, but it's just cricketsDoes anyone have any updates on the WL?
ihopetibiadoc
Full Member
me too 🙁No, was really hoping to see some wl movement today, but it's just crickets
plsletmeintomedschool26
Full Member
Hoping it’s just a little delayed. Gotta hang on a little longer...
Just got in off the waitlist!
+1Just got in off the waitlist!
Edit: interviewed on their last interview date and WL 5 days after.
Last edited:
ThirdTimestheCharmPls
Full Member
Just got in off the waitlist!
Congratulations!! Did you get an email or phone call?
D
deleted1008720
Got off the waitlist y'all! Interviewed early September, one of their first interview dates. WL'd October 15. Finally off. It's been such a long journey but I am so happy!!
Strong chance I will be choosing this over my other MD school, I will have to compare tuition and things first, but I really love this school and am ecstatic! (Probably) see y'all whenever school starts at Wake Forest!!
Strong chance I will be choosing this over my other MD school, I will have to compare tuition and things first, but I really love this school and am ecstatic! (Probably) see y'all whenever school starts at Wake Forest!!
ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!!! My first acceptance and my number 1 choice. See you all at Wake Forest Zoom University in July!!!
Sent a letter of intent instead of a letter of interest to keep my spot on the waitlist.
Interviewed January 16th
Waitlisted January 25th
Acceptance email at 3:06pm
Sent a letter of intent instead of a letter of interest to keep my spot on the waitlist.
Interviewed January 16th
Waitlisted January 25th
Acceptance email at 3:06pm
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST OMG FIRST ACCEPTANCE. CRYINGGGGG
Raw, primal, cathartic reaction. No words to describe it. I hope every one of you gets to experience this feeling. Good luck to everyone else in this process!! Trust the process its worth it
plsletmeintomedschool26
Full Member
ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!! Can't wait to go open the celebratory bottle of wine I bought back in October!
Interviewed August 30
Waitlisted October 15
Interviewed August 30
Waitlisted October 15
Last edited:
Superelephantt
Full Member
Congrats to those accepted! Did you guys send more than one letter?
The class facebook group has 163 people - including admins, current students, and me - if that helps with anyone's neurotic calculations
Congrats to those accepted! Did you guys send more than one letter?
I was going to send an additional LOR and an update letter today!! - called my supervisor right away and was like hold up lol
DiabeticMed
Full Member
This might be a dumb question...but do people just join class FB groups when they get accepted or do you usually only join if that is the school you’re going to go to??The class facebook group has 163 people - including admins, current students, and me - if that helps with anyone's neurotic calculations
This might be a dumb question...but do people just join class FB groups when they get accepted or do you usually only join if that is the school you’re going to go to??
They sent a followup email after the acceptance with a link to join the facebook group. I assume the group is composed of those who have been accepted and not withdrawn from the school not necessarily people who will 100% go there. Probably doesn't include all accepted students as many may choose to not join, not have fb etc. I've also heard admins/adcoms remove students who have officially withdrawn from the school. So I assume a pretty skewed number to calculate your chances but a number nonetheless
Congratulations to all those who were accepted today! Please keep us informed if you withdraw - many of us are still waiting it out!
Congratulations to all those who were accepted today! Please keep us informed if you withdraw - many of us are still waiting it out!
I will be committing to Wake, best of luck to you!!!
Anyone who was accepted today see an option in your amcas application to access the choose your medical school tool and select plan to enroll/commit to enroll?
it might take a day or two. It did back in the spring when it opened at least 🙂 Congrats on choosing!Anyone who was accepted today see an option in your amcas application to access the choose your medical school tool and select plan to enroll/commit to enroll?
Thank you!! Sent 1 LOI and update lettersCongrats to those accepted! Did you guys send more than one letter?
Anyone who was accepted today see an option in your amcas application to access the choose your medical school tool and select plan to enroll/commit to enroll?
Just logged in and saw the tool!
Congratulations to all those who were accepted today! Please keep us informed if you withdraw - many of us are still waiting it out!
Thank you!! I'll be committing but I hope those of you still waiting hear back very soon. Rooting for you all.
On the waitlist here and feeling a bit discouraged after not getting an email yesterday. Has there historically been more movement in late May/early June?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stupid question, but where do you find the CTE option on amcas? I PTE’d here but don’t know how I would change it to CTE, is that in the edit selection option? I’m too afraid to edit anything in case I accidentally select the wrong thing lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to edit my selection! If you go back you should be able to see it ^_^Stupid question, but where do you find the CTE option on amcas? I PTE’d here but don’t know how I would change it to CTE, is that in the edit selection option? I’m too afraid to edit anything in case I accidentally select the wrong thing lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are any of you planning to bring/get a car? I didn't have a car in undergrad as public transportation was easily accessible - city life - so I'm not sure if I should consider getting a car. I'm planning to live close to the med school - hopefully walking distance - but I know there aren't many grocery stores near campus.
I would get a car personally, the easiest way to the hospital from the med school appears to be a 10-minute drive on the highway, and the rent seems to be a lot cheaper if you are willing to move slightly away (10 min drive). I am sure there is some form of public transit but I think most people drive and that would be the easiest way to get anywhere.Are any of you planning to bring/get a car? I didn't have a car in undergrad as public transportation was easily accessible - city life - so I'm not sure if I should consider getting a car. I'm planning to live close to the med school - hopefully walking distance - but I know there aren't many grocery stores near campus.