Werewolf in the Garden of Good & Evil - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*~~ Night Five ~~*

"And the secret garden bloomed and bloomed and every morning revealed new miracles."

7141693_m.jpg

Foxglove is one of those plants that looks completely harmless, but packs a hidden punch. It is the source of one of the first drugs for congestive heart failure, digitalis (also known as digoxin), which gets its name from the colorful towering flowers. While digitalis was a revolutionary drug when it was developed and is still very helpful in the right circumstances, it has a very narrow margin of safety. Used on the wrong patient, and the results could mean disaster. This particular foxglove was just trying to give someone a little boost when she ran into trouble. She found herself with a bitter taste in her mouth as a slow paralysis crept through her body, eventually shutting down her respiration and central nervous system.

Dead is @Ms Procrastinator , Foxglove (Digitalis purpurea)
Amplifier

who boosted ventricular contractility and added a strongarm modifier onto her target each night

~~

bodnant-gardens-laburnum.jpg

In another corner of the forest, someone decided the beautiful yellow canopy overhead had caused too many problems. Angry, oily leaves multiplied with alarming speed across the forest floor, making anyone think twice about walking underneath the pretty trees ever again.

Dead is @Dr. ForgotToFlush , Golden Chain (Laburnum anagyroides)
Auto Night Kill Cancel

whose distracting beauty would automatically cancel the first night kill if he was alive and unencumbered by fellow players on N1

~~

image202579_x.jpg

Across the garden, hidden in some shrubbery, the huntress dipped a second arrow in a purple-tinged paste. She was very careful to not touch the container as she did so. She had seen this poison take down monsters, and had no intention of going the same way due to haste. Satisfied with the coating on the arrowhead, she nocked her weapon, drew back on the bowstring, and leveled her shot.
It flew silently through the darkness and embedded itself in the heart of her foe.

Dead is @Barkley13 , Poison Ivy (Toxicodendron radicans)
Ninja Delayed Role Name Seer

who could learn the name of a player (although they would end up with a mild rash later), and in her sneakiness, avoid all tracking-type actions.

It is now Day 6.
Day 6 will end at 10pm Eastern
or earlier if a consensus is reached and discussion has halted

"Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect's view of its plain."
- Henry David Thoreau

Greenhouse
@Animal Midwife
@StayingPositive2017

Full-Sun
@Mad Jack

Part-Sun
@Stagg737

Part-Shade
@Coopah

Shade-Loving
~

Houseplants

@Lawper

Succulents
@dolphin106258

Annuals
~

Perennials
@Navilly

Evergreens
~

Detritus
@mizchiefmanaged - Passion Flower (Passiflora edulis), Auto-Lynch Cancel
@MixedAnimals77 - Jasmine (Jasminum polyanthum), Vanillager
@acanthuroidei - Valerian (Valeriana officinalis), Jailer
@Miranda Senft - Catnip (Nepeta cataria), Status Effect Healer
@Melchizedek - Deadly Nightshade (Atropa belladonna), Voyeur
@MSUcvmHOPE - Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea), Odd Night Affiliation Seer
@Skimble - Taro (Colocasia esculenta), Neighborizer
@muttmanager - Rhododendron (Rhododendron ponticum), Hallucinogenic Results Thief + Ability Seer
@ziggyandjazzy - Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum), Delayed Split Jailer
@Ms Procrastinator - Foxglove (Digitalis purpurea), Strongarm Amplifier
@Dr. ForgotToFlush - Golden Chain (Laburnum anagyroides), Auto Night Kill Cancel
@Barkley13 - Poison Ivy (Toxicodendron radicans), Ninja Delayed Role Name Seer

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@Barkley13 Understand that I am very proud of you and that you played a stellar first wolf game. You were only caught because of mechanical reasons. Excellent job.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are no conversions this game, nor are there any lone wolves or other factions
She's dead but hey since you're here wanna tell us why you're not the wolf? Why would you continuously use your action that you knew very well could have at least a 50/50 shot of taking out a villager?

@Barkley13 Understand that I am very proud of you and that you played a stellar first wolf game. You were only caught because of mechanical reasons. Excellent job.
I second this! You did a good job, even tho I DID vote for you before mechanics came into play :p

Reactions: 2 users
Off the top of my head, so far I'm feeling okay about AM, moose, and FTF. I was feeling good about lawper yesterday but hasn't been posting as much today

I think miz and mutts are definitely sketchy and I think acanthy is sketchy too but I feel less strongly about it. I also just never trust nav because it never seems like a good idea

Lynch miz
Acanthy is moving up my sketchy list the more they keep acting difficult but I also really don’t like lawpers posts from earlier when I was agreeing with him before. Would also like to hear from nav today
These are the only two times Barks even mentioned Nav, please hold doing the same for MJ

Oh I killed Barks and Mutts :p

Sorry I didn’t reveal after mutts but I had a second shot.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
She's dead but hey since you're here wanna tell us why you're not the wolf? Why would you continuously use your action that you knew very well could have at least a 50/50 shot of taking out a villager?
Because a 50/50 shot is pretty damn good, and after talking with the mods, they assured me my role would be worthwhile and I could stop trying to off myself.

Why in the actual **** would I out myself day 1 with my role for no reason if I was a wolf you dumb****?

@ziggyandjazzy good job to you too!! I honestly would’ve voted Barks before you. Mutts honestly did a good job too, I had them more on the village side too.

why dont you buy it? Nav literally talked about this d1 I think. it was before I subbed in

?

Like I said, I (or rather genny) protected miranda n3 but she still died. I guess I dont know mechanics that well but I assumed that meant strong arm
In response to this from Stagg:
I had an effect that sped up my heart rate. It's been noted in write-ups that people's hearts slowed to a stop. Different abilities would do one or the other, but I think if someone had multiple abilities done to them which did the same thing it would kill them.

Protector/Blocker. She'd use an action and the first night it would do one of those things and the second it would do the other. I don't particularly buy it, but she's claiming to have a form of protection which no one else has claimed other than the jailer. Since we have 2 50/50 groups I'm willing to stick with the other for now, especially since Nav is being inconsistent AF with his vote and I find that very concerning.

Why does this matter today?
So you think your role is more important than mine??

My role is a bit more nuanced then that but yeah I protect.

N1 jail nav
N2 protect barks
N3 protect moose
N4 jail am
This is interesting to me because Nav mentioned being jailed before and while they could be colluding and I wouldn't put it past him, that's a very long con for not a lot of gain.
I dont understand what your hypothesis is. I haven't been told I do things to heart rates

He must have guarded nav n1 also because that's when I got poisoned
Except we know this isn't true because Nav said he auto kills people who interact with him, correct? And then genny claimed to be healed by Moose.

And that's all the Nav content from Genny and Ziggy

Because a 50/50 shot is pretty damn good, and after talking with the mods, they assured me my role would be worthwhile and I could stop trying to off myself.

Why in the actual **** would I out myself day 1 with my role for no reason if I was a wolf you dumb****?
I cannot claim insight into your mind, for it is far too twisted for one such as I to understand

So you think your role is more important than mine??

My role is a bit more nuanced then that but yeah I protect.

N1 jail nav
N2 protect barks
N3 protect moose
N4 jail am
Oh hey look they protected a wolf lol duh why didn't I see that earlier (not that it would've mattered)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Whatever was killing mel sounded different though
In response to:
Miranda could heal whatever was killing mel and is now killing me. I got a message that I was dying in 2 days.
Lynch MJ
So it's a soft defense, but a legit point.
I find it odd that the number of days is unspecified. Because I'm dying by N3 unless I get some help. And I didn't go anywhere near MJ last night, so don't even start that with me.
Hm I bet you didn't ;)
Yes, but in that one, you're bossy AND you assume MJ is a complete idiot.
In response to Nav's lynch of genny
The fact that you even said anything. Maybe it's just because you haven't played with MJ, but this isn't his first rodeo.
More sass at Nav over his comment to MJ on how to net wolves

All Genny's and Ziggy's interactions about MJ

Wolf leans (in order)
Skim - timing of her jump to me felt wolfy, @Skimble would you have stayed Nav if there was no tie?
Coops - didnt like her staying on the MJ vote and she had a weird reply to Nav that read off (will find quote)
Paws - didn’t like her reasoning for voting me felt opportunistic since my lynch regularly takes off with little effort. @StayingPositive2017 why me over skim?
Acan - still have feels here. retaliatory vote. She provided more insightful replies day 1 last game as village - not seeing that same content in her replies - more avoiding than analyzing behavior

Neutral leans (no order)
Mel - not answering questions to AM & Mixy? @Melchizedek - what made you switch from genny to lawpy?
Nav - lots of shade throwing but also can’t read him
MOOSE - coming off defensive but did so last game too as village, interaction with AM is leaning v/v tunnel
Genny - sassy, jokey NAI?
FTF - very jokey - some shade throwing @Dr. ForgotToFlush how are you reading AM, Miz, Stagg?
Stagg - did not like timing of his vote esp after his dismissive comments about him not being a bad villager to lose - v strange, watching here
MSU - remember her being lurky, seemed to sheep Paws’ vote

Light village leans (no order) - Miz, mixy, ms. Pro, barks, lawpy, AM, MJ, dolphin

Edit to fix mention
Mentions both nav and MJ, MJ in the more village pile and Nav in the neutral pile (also lawper in the village pile)
Her absence felt sketchier than the others.
Also this has nothing to do with anything but holy cow I should've caught that. How can someone absence feel sketchier than another?

That's all the Nav mentions from mutts

This MJ/Mel thing feels weird, but I think they're the same affiliation either w/w or v/v

Didn't like this

Yea not feeling any better about you today, for 1 your play style has not been consistent. Last game people thought you were being coached in wolf chat and now you're only focusing on a retaliatory vote. also, my post count is NAI

lynch acanth
hmmmm this feels like a soft defense
I don’t think this is a good idea and am leaving some sketch points here (eta: here = for Coop)

What about the joke voters and previous game reasoning? E.g Stagg, FTF, Barks

Story of my life
for my vote against MJ, obviously it was a very good idea :p
Do you not believe MJ's role reveal?
And that's it for MJ and mutts

In this rare and interesting setup, the remaining dudes are equal to the remain gals.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Official Day 6 I Will Adorn This with Bouquets of Flowers When I am on a Computer Lynch Tally

MJ (3)
- AM, Lawper, Coop

@Mad Jack you are everyone's sweetheart

3/8 voting
Lynch close at 10pm Eastern or at mod's discretion

Last edited:
I cannot claim insight into your mind, for it is far too twisted for one such as I to understand
I'm really a very straightforward person when I play werewolf these days, if you look through everything it is like minimal bull**** for years.

Everyone do me a favor and lynch copp for me after I die for throwing me under the bus for literally no good reason. Unless that's what passes for reasoning with you, in which case it leaves much to be desired

I'm really a very straightforward person when I play werewolf these days, if you look through everything it is like minimal bull**** for years.

Everyone do me a favor and lynch copp for me after I die for throwing me under the bus for literally no good reason. Unless that's what passes for reasoning with you, in which case it leaves much to be desired
Coop is 100% mechanically cleared. Try someone else.

Just out of curiosity have we cleared Nav? Or is everyone just going for MJ first??

Just out of curiosity have we cleared Nav? Or is everyone just going for MJ first??
Nav and MJ are the only realistic options for me. I'm choosing MJ first because MJ has somehow managed to do nothing village despite being more consistently active than Nav, who has.

STARS

good luck willage

STARS

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Your attention has me all warm and fuzzy. Honestly I was sketched out by that D1 business and everyone disagreed and assumed you were village for it, which I assume was the point. I doubt you would've been caught without the extra mechanics at least for a little while because you play that mind trickery so well.

Just redoing numbers half a second for another worst case scenario
8 right now, village goes down to 7 if MJ is not a wolf. I am hoping whoever the vig is kills me (to not waste a lynch cycle) and wolves get a kill, 5. Lynch lawper, not a wolf, wolves get a kill, 3. Paws gets lynched, village wins.

Assuming the vig has another kill left, this is mechanistic checkmate, game should be over. (Aka lets do speed cycles and get this over with).

• Wow
Go village! Boo wolves!

Just redoing numbers half a second for another worst case scenario
8 right now, village goes down to 7 if MJ is not a wolf. I am hoping whoever the vig is kills me (to not waste a lynch cycle) and wolves get a kill, 5. Lynch lawper, not a wolf, wolves get a kill, 3. Paws gets lynched, village wins.

Assuming the vig has another kill left, this is mechanistic checkmate, game should be over. (Aka lets do speed cycles and get this over with).
dolphin was the vig, and she's out of shots

dolphin was the vig, and she's out of shots
Awh I was gonna tell him to go read lol. I’m surprised with everyone saying their roles no one figured out I was the vig :whistle:

• Haha
More write-up thoughts:

who boosted ventricular contractility and added a strongarm modifier onto her target each night

Interesting. Does anyone want to look back and find who Ms P acted on to find out if she strong-armed any wolves?

Angry, oily leaves multiplied with alarming speed across the forest floor, making anyone think twice about walking underneath the pretty trees ever again.

So this was Barks doing an NK. She also used her normal ability on me to find out that *GASP* I'm literally vanilla. The irony is sending me back to WWPokemon Redux and triggering me a bit...

For the shiggles. Now that you've mentioned it I kind of want to try this going forward, lol.

In this rare and interesting setup, the remaining dudes are equal to the remain gals.

WHOA. In that case:

Lynch AM

For this once in a lifetime opportunity at an SDN WW sausage-fest. Also, it feels wrong going a whole game without voting for her.

• Angry