Western University - Lebanon (COMP-NW) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Tell me your secrets!!! I'm at 120 for like 30 hrs...

It depends on where the rental service is located. I believe mine was so cheap because it was at PDX and it was the smallest "economy" sized car available. Ended up being a Nissan hatchback. Also the day and time of the week plays a role in the cost as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It depends on where the rental service is located. I believe mine was so cheap because it was at PDX and it was the smallest "economy" sized car available. Ended up being a Nissan hatchback. Also the day and time of the week plays a role in the cost as well.

Yea. I'm trying to rent from eugene. And i should have locked it up yesterday but i didn't... Now i got a much higher rate. Fml. I wish lebanon was a bit more accessible - in terms of taxis/uber.

I am so happy!

Reactions: 1 user
What kind of travel arrangements did you do?

Redeye into PDX on Thursday, car rental from Thrifty to lebanon (2 hours-ish), and slept at the Best Western literally across the street from COMP NW (So fancy! I recommend here if you are worried about getting loss. You can walk to campus). Attended pizza party on Thursday. Interviewed on Saturday. Retail therapy at Woodburn on Sunday. Flew home on Monday :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know you guys signed a NDA for the interview, but can anyone comment on the best way to prepare yourself for the interview? Any articles or practice questions that might be helpful? Obviously whatever information you give should be within your limits - thanks!

@medschoolplease123

Be polite, present, and excited to be there! I had a lot of fun during my interview and met a lot of cool people. I am a tad extroverted, but just relax and enjoy yourself.

Some helpful links I reviewed prior to my interview:

http://www.missouristate.edu/bms/CMB/InterviewPrep.htm
https://www.cedarville.edu/~/media/Files/PDF/Career/Medical-School-Interview-Questions
http://www.dummies.com/careers/medi...-why-you-want-to-be-an-osteopathic-physician/
http://www.human.cornell.edu/career...s/upload/the_mmi_guide_for_medical_school.pdf
http://www.prospectivedoctor.com/how-to-prepare-for-a-medical-school-interview/
http://www.colorado.edu/advising/sites/default/files/attached-files/Med_100 intquest.pdf

Practice with your friends! I honestly carried around the Colorado list of questions and randomly asked them to ask me a question from it. But don't over practice, because people appreciate stream of consciousness and genuine thoughts.

Good luck! I believe in you :)

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah nvm, i dont think you can fly into the corvallis or the albany airport. They are municipal airports... Which sucks since it would have made things more convenient. Unless I'm mistaken - can anyone comment? Or is the closest airport from lebanon that you can fly into anf out of is that the eugene airport?

Yeah nvm, i dont think you can fly into the corvallis or the albany airport. They are municipal airports... Which sucks since it would have made things more convenient. Unless I'm mistaken - can anyone comment? Or is the closest airport from lebanon that you can fly into anf out of is that the eugene airport?

You can either fly into Eugene or Portland. I flew into Portland and rented a car. It was a lot of fun. There's a lot to do in Portland. I recommend it if you have the time!

Is anyone aware of the stats of how many people who interview are accepted?

I interviewed 11/12. My portal is blank and I didn't get a call. :( such a bummer!

I was recently accepted! So grateful! Any of you guys planning on going there?

I was recently accepted! So grateful! Any of you guys planning on going there?

For the MMI, is it like acting out situations or just like another interview? Like do they have actors portraying patients? Also do you know if they record lectures? Anything you didn't like about the school?

Anyone interview 12/3 going to the pizza social the night before?

hey guys- do we have to put down the full $2000 deposit, or can we just do $1000?

For the MMI, is it like acting out situations or just like another interview? Like do they have actors portraying patients? Also do you know if they record lectures? Anything you didn't like about the school?

I would also appreciate some input about interview

hey guys- do we have to put down the full $2000 deposit, or can we just do $1000?

I believe the first deposit is due by December 15 and that is only 1000. I would call and double check though.

II today for 1/21! I was very pleasantly surprised, as I also have an II for Pomona.
I got an II today as well! I was given two dates (1/21 and 2/11). Will be interviewing on 1/21.

For others wondering, I've been complete since Early October, OOS, and LizzyM of 67.

Did you get your acceptance letter or email yet? I am impatiently waiting for mine lol :3

I literally got my letter the evening of writing this lol. So excited.

Anyone else going here for sure?

I got an II today as well! I was given two dates (1/21 and 2/11). Will be interviewing on 1/21.

For others wondering, I've been complete since Early October, OOS, and LizzyM of 67.

Nice! I'm glad it's on a Saturday. I've been having to miss a lot of work for these interviews. See ya soon!

They don't want us saying much about the MMIs… But I will say that you will act in them.

You realize that by discussing the mmis you're giving people an unfair advantage. There is a reason why we signed those agreements.

Reactions: 1 users
All I can say is read the MMI resources online! They are really helpful. I agree with @drplzz that asking for anything more is asking for unfair specifics.

You realize that by discussing the mmis you're giving people an unfair advantage. There is a reason why we signed those agreements.

I didn't mean to provide an "unfair advantage." that was not my intention. I wasn't going to say anything else...
Anyway. For anyone interviewing soon, miakip is right. Just watch YouTube videos and look at practice questions if you feel the need to practice. But most importantly just be yourself. That's what they are looking for

Couple of questions for those who interviewed:
1. do we need to bring anything other than a government issued ID (i.e. drivers license)?
2. for the pizza social, is it like classy dress up? or would khakis and a polo work... I don't want to be over/under dressed...

Any specific ones you recommend?

There's a lot of good stuff on youtube if you just look up MMI! After going through a few different ones though (not at this particular school so take my advice with a grain of salt), its pretty hard to prepare for other than just reading a bunch of sample questions and thinking about how you'd like to answer! Just relax and be yourself, genuine answers will get you very far! Be personable and concise and you'll crush it :)

Oct. 27 for both campuses
Okay; was wondering because I was complete and beginning review on October 7th I believe for the Lebanon campus but haven't heard back yet or anything. We have the same LizzyM score