WSU-CVM- Applications C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don’t stress about tiers too much guys. Tier I doesn’t guarantee you’ll get in, and tier III doesn’t mean you won’t. It’s just part of what they use to evaluate applicants. They really do look at everything, and this isn’t the only thing that matters.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to everyone who hasn’t had good news. I know it sucks, but OOS is super competitive. I hope you all get good news soon from somewhere else :)

Congrats everyone who has an interview! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Reactions: 2 users
I got my rejection yesterday, too. It's the first school I've heard back from, so it's pretty disheartening...

Reactions: 1 user
I got my rejection yesterday, too. It's the first school I've heard back from, so it's pretty disheartening...
My first two schools were rejections for me as well.
If you think about it though, it sort of makes sense that they would send out rejections earlier. If you're not for them, there's no point in waiting.
No news = you're still in the running. I'm sure you'll get some great news soon :) You got this! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Have any in state people heard about interviews yet?

In the c/o 2022 hopefuls thread @Markir21 said she heard it'll be around the 15th. Fingers crossed!

"WSU is later than usual in notifying students regarding interviews. However, all admissions committee decisions will be sent out by late December."

this is what the WSU pre-vet advisor sent all the undergrads on the 4th but she said she thought it'd be more like "mid-December, around the 15th". SO CLOSE BUT SO FAR AWAY

In state interview!! Hooray!! Got an email

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I KNOW mines on the 8th so I have two months to obsessively freak out
@Markir21 did you download the interview packet when you registered? The one I got is for non-residents so the dates on the agenda are all wrong...

@Markir21 did you download the interview packet when you registered? The one I got is for non-residents so the dates on the agenda are all wrong...
This?? This is all I could look at and they should send a class schedule we can sit it on later

Attachments

• IMG_2298.PNG
    IMG_2298.PNG
    293.1 KB · Views: 70
This?? This is all I could look at and they should send a class schedule we can sit it on later
Oh, yeah that for me had the dates for the non-resident interviews >_< so I guess i'll wait for the packet...

Congrats guys! I remember getting my packet two or three days after I received my interview email, so you should be getting it in the next few days :)

Do you mind sharing your stats a little bit? And do they do waves for in state as well as out of state?
If it’s like previous years, IS all go out at the same time. Check your portal and your junk email. Sometimes they get filtered out. Hope you get good news! :)

IS interview via e-mail....also wanted to note that I think I received the last slot for IS interviews (Feb 9 at 4pm) and my last name starts with a Z so this may be alphabetical order......thoughts?

I just finished first year, and I'd be happy to try to answer any questions about the school or the area if you guys have any :)

I've worked at the WSU VTH for the last couple years. Do you know anyone besides Dr. Talcott who may be willing to do an application review either at the vet school or the VTH?

I've worked at the WSU VTH for the last couple years. Do you know anyone besides Dr. Talcott who may be willing to do an application review either at the vet school or the VTH?
My understanding is they only do application reviews if you’ve applied and weren’t accepted. Did you already apply? If so, I think you just contact admissions and they set it up for you with someone.

My understanding is they only do application reviews if you’ve applied and weren’t accepted. Did you already apply? If so, I think you just contact admissions and they set it up for you with someone.
I just applied for my 6th time, in state and did not receive a interview notification email. I know what that means. When you email admissions they only give you to Dr. Talcott. I've met with her every year and for the last two years, she has come up blank as to ways to improve my application.

IS interview via e-mail....also wanted to note that I think I received the last slot for IS interviews (Feb 9 at 4pm) and my last name starts with a Z so this may be alphabetical order......thoughts?

Maybe?? Congrats by the way! My last name starts with an M and I'm the 8th at 4 so could be!

I just applied for my 6th time, in state and did not receive a interview notification email. I know what that means. When you email admissions they only give you to Dr. Talcott. I've met with her every year and for the last two years, she has come up blank as to ways to improve my application.
I’m sorry you didn’t get good news :(

I’m really not sure if anyone else does file reviews. I don’t think they’ll do them if you don’t go throw admissions, but you can maybe ask if they have anyone else who does them? Dr. Talcot does have the final say in admissions though, so she might be the only one.

If you want to try for feedback here, you can also post in the “what are my chances thread?” That’s stickied. People here might be able to give you some feedback of what’s worked for them. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful :/

Do you mind sharing your stats a little bit? And do they do waves for in state as well as out of state?

My GPA is a 3.75 not sure about last 45 credits but guessing 3.6 or so, GRE unfortunately average (155 on both and whatever the highest score was for the writing), 1500+ hours animal experience & 1500+ vet experience with the WSU VTH internship & overseas vet experience. Definitely not the highest GPA and score applicant but hoping my passion and drive for veterinary medicine help me accomplish my dream!

I’m sorry you didn’t get good news :(

I’m really not sure if anyone else does file reviews. I don’t think they’ll do them if you don’t go throw admissions, but you can maybe ask if they have anyone else who does them? Dr. Talcot does have the final say in admissions though, so she might be the only one.

If you want to try for feedback here, you can also post in the “what are my chances thread?” That’s stickied. People here might be able to give you some feedback of what’s worked for them. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful :/
Thanks for trying to help. You said to post in "what are my chances threat". What is stickied? I'm still new to SDN website.

I saw the list when I checked in for my interview last year and it was definitely alphabetical :p

Hah, I'm the 3:30 slot that day and my last name starts with W so... ^_^

IS Interview here. YAY! I'm on the first day at 4:00pm. My last Name starts with a C, which seems late.

Reactions: 1 users
People who got IS interview invites and were send the correct schedule/brochure thing(I was sent the OOS one like some others have noted)-It looks like the mixer is only on Feb 8? Is that correct from your brochure?

People who got IS interview invites and were send the correct schedule/brochure thing(I was sent the OOS one like some others have noted)-It looks like the mixer is only on Feb 8? Is that correct from your brochure?

Looks like just the 8th - I replied with a picture of the schedule somewhere in this thread recently but now I can't find it...

Looks like just the 8th - I replied with a picture of the schedule somewhere in this thread recently but now I can't find it...

I saw that yesterday, I just wasn't sure if there was a second page with more info. Thank you!

Also looks like I'll be spending two days in Pullman. Any recommendation of things to do beyond campus tour/etc while I'm there?

I saw that yesterday, I just wasn't sure if there was a second page with more info. Thank you!

Also looks like I'll be spending two days in Pullman. Any recommendation of things to do beyond campus tour/etc while I'm there?

Explore Pullman a bit and see if it'll drive you crazy to live here with our shopping and food options. If you have a car, come to Moscow! We're prettier ;)

I loved Moscow! Makes me a bit sad I can't live there if I end up going to school here :(
From my understanding (unless you're OOS and need to live in Pullman to get residency - in which case I think you can live wherever after first year?) it doesn't really matter if you live in Idaho. The people I know of who have lived in Moscow or a nearby town haven't had problems with residency for tuition.

I loved Moscow! Makes me a bit sad I can't live there if I end up going to school here :(

@MixedAnimals77 why not? are you worried about residency status? this is from the WSU residency FAQ:

What happens if I am currently classified as a resident student, and I move to Idaho or another neighboring state?

You continue to pay resident tuition as long as you remain enrolled at WSU. Once you break your enrollment from WSU your residency will be evaluated again at the time of re-admission.

If I end up at WSU my SO and I definitely are living in Moscow and not Pullman ^_^

@MixedAnimals77 why not? are you worried about residency status? this is from the WSU residency FAQ:

What happens if I am currently classified as a resident student, and I move to Idaho or another neighboring state?

You continue to pay resident tuition as long as you remain enrolled at WSU. Once you break your enrollment from WSU your residency will be evaluated again at the time of re-admission.

If I end up at WSU my SO and I definitely are living in Moscow and not Pullman ^_^
@PrincessButterCup I'm OSS. Yay me lol.