WSU-CVM- Applications C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hang out in the used bookstore and you'll be fine. It's the best part of Pullman ;)

Haha this is a good tip! My SO and I are both UW alum so we already had low expectations and reservations about Pullman but when we went to visit the town didn't even meet those low expectations o_O

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Haha this is a good tip! My SO and I are both UW alum so we already had low expectations and reservations about Pullman but when we went to visit the town didn't even meet those low expectations o_O
I know a grad student who has been here for 4 years and he's absolutely desperate to get out of Pullman. He keeps telling me I'll be accepted because obviously I don't mind living here, so I won't jump ship when I find out what this place is like. :p It's not that bad if you're used to smaller towns, but it can be a bit of a shock coming from a big city like Seattle.

Explore Pullman a bit and see if it'll drive you crazy to live here with our shopping and food options. If you have a car, come to Moscow! We're prettier ;)

Hang out in the used bookstore and you'll be fine. It's the best part of Pullman ;)

Thanks for the advice! I'm actually really excited to live in a small town(hopefully!). I've lived in the Seattle area my entire life; I'm getting sick of traffic and constant human contact. Small town life sounds so appealing :cat: Plus, I can get chickens. No chickens allowed in the city I currently live in.....

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love Pullman, it's very small and there's not a lot to do but the Pokémon scene & local groups are fun to hang out with, the restaurants are decent, and there's hiking at Kamiak in the summer. Moscow is like an 8 minute drive, and Spokane is only an hour. I don't ever get bored here, but I also have a dog and hang out at the dog park a LOTTTT.... But if here for the interview & not much longer I would say walk around downtown Pullman to get the feel of it and check out South Fork or something for dinner, and check out downtown Moscow the next day.

Reactions: 6 users
I love Pullman, it's very small and there's not a lot to do but the Pokémon scene & local groups are fun to hang out with, the restaurants are decent, and there's hiking at Kamiak in the summer. Moscow is like an 8 minute drive, and Spokane is only an hour. I don't ever get bored here, but I also have a dog and hang out at the dog park a LOTTTT.... But if here for the interview & not much longer I would say walk around downtown Pullman to get the feel of it and check out South Fork or something for dinner, and check out downtown Moscow the next day.

How fast are you driving?! :p

Moscow also has a nice downtown! If you have a rental car and have time, I’d drive over and check it out.

Pullman isn’t my favorite place, but it’s not an awful place to live by any means.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! This is my first post on SDN. I also received an in-state interview invitation! This is my second year applying, and I did not recieve an offer last year.

Get ready for a lottttt of jokes about the Huskies :p Fellow UW alum and still use my UW key chain, much to the dismay of my Cougar friends :D

Get ready for a lottttt of jokes about the Huskies :p Fellow UW alum and still use my UW key chain, much to the dismay of my Cougar friends :D

oh my god i know it. my SO's family is deeeep in cougar land, and when i mentioned that i had applied to wsu they heckled me so much it made me not want to go there just out of spite :mad:

@PrincessButterCup just wondering - sounds like you already live in the area, are you a current vet student? undergrad?
No, the vet school didn't want me. :p

I work in the diagnostic lab here, which is the best job ever and one of the biggest reasons I love WSU so much. I'm currently applying for grad school, so we'll see what happens! I'm trying my hardest to become a student here. :D

I got an IS interview, too! Though idk about the alphabetical theory, I'm the afternoon of the 9th and my last name starts with E

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an IS interview, too! Though idk about the alphabetical theory, I'm the afternoon of the 9th and my last name starts with E
I wasnt sure about that, either. My IS interview is in the afternoon on Feb 8 and my last name starts with a B.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Did anyone get a call from the admissions office today? I missed a call during a final, they didn't leave a message or answer when I called back... not sure if they just called about the PDF date mess up or SOMETHING SERIOUS??!

Did anyone get a call from the admissions office today? I missed a call during a final, they didn't leave a message or answer when I called back... not sure if they just called about the PDF date mess up or SOMETHING SERIOUS??!

I haven't received a call today. I also got the messed up PDF but I did get an email with the correct info yesterday.

Hi everyone! I was wondering (here comes the probably silly question) what everyone wears for interviews in cold weather areas? I am from CA so we don't really get snow here, does everyone wear warm boots then change when they are indoors? Thermals under dress shirts? I wore flats to another interview, but I am not sure if that is appropriate for the snow, or if people just change shoes.

Hi everyone! I was wondering (here comes the probably silly question) what everyone wears for interviews in cold weather areas? I am from CA so we don't really get snow here, does everyone wear warm boots then change when they are indoors? Thermals under dress shirts? I wore flats to another interview, but I am not sure if that is appropriate for the snow, or if people just change shoes.
I'm from CO so really probably have nothing useful to contribute. We aren't spending much time outside to begin with just FYI. No walking from one building across campus to another like at CSU. At WSU once you go from your car to the building that's pretty much all the outside exposure you'll get. I'm wearing flats even if there's snow. Then dress pants and my thin blouse with my interview jacket. If weather looks really cold then I might consider wearing long johns under my dress pants, but other than that I'll bring my medium jacket to wear over my interview stuff.

I'm from CO so really probably have nothing useful to contribute. We aren't spending much time outside to begin with just FYI. No walking from one building across campus to another like at CSU. At WSU once you go from your car to the building that's pretty much all the outside exposure you'll get. I'm wearing flats even if there's snow. Then dress pants and my thin blouse with my interview jacket. If weather looks really cold then I might consider wearing long johns under my dress pants, but other than that I'll bring my medium jacket to wear over my interview stuff.
Thank you! It's nice to know we won't be wandering far around campus in the snow haha

I don't know where you would leave your boots, unless you can fit them in a bag or purse. During your interview you will leave your coat and belongings in the office where you check in, but there's not a ton of space and I wouldn't bring boots to leave on the floor in there. There's a coat rack for your other things. The sidewalks around the school are kept fairly clear, so unless you want to hike around campus (not necessary - the CVM is all in one place!) you won't need boots.

Thermals shouldn't be necessary - you'll be inside for the majority of the day. If you have a sweater or jacket that you're wearing to your interview, that should be perfectly fine. Some parts of the school are a little chilly, but nothing too extreme. :)

I don't know where you would leave your boots, unless you can fit them in a bag or purse. During your interview you will leave your coat and belongings in the office where you check in, but there's not a ton of space and I wouldn't bring boots to leave on the floor in there. There's a coat rack for your other things. The sidewalks around the school are kept fairly clear, so unless you want to hike around campus (not necessary - the CVM is all in one place!) you won't need boots.

Thermals shouldn't be necessary - you'll be inside for the majority of the day. If you have a sweater or jacket that you're wearing to your interview, that should be perfectly fine. Some parts of the school are a little chilly, but nothing too extreme. :)
Thank you so much for your insight! I'll just bring a jacket for when we step outside (50 degrees is what I consider cold lol) and not worry about the flannel or boots!

I know that as interviewees we bring our Fall transcripts to our interview, but does anyone know if they are then factored into our VMCAS GPAs? Or are they just evaluated to make sure that we didn't have a significant decrease in academic performance? Thanks friends☺️

Reactions: 2 users
I received a rejection to the WIMU program by mail in early December. Does anyone know if this means it is a rejection to the Pullman Campus as well? Just want to know for sure. :whistle: Thanks!

I received a rejection to the WIMU program by mail in early December. Does anyone know if this means it is a rejection to the Pullman Campus as well? Just want to know for sure. :whistle: Thanks!
Unfortunately yes :( WIMU is the official name of the program. Sorry you didn’t get good news :(

I know that as interviewees we bring our Fall transcripts to our interview, but does anyone know if they are then factored into our VMCAS GPAs? Or are they just evaluated to make sure that we didn't have a significant decrease in academic performance? Thanks friends☺️
Is that unofficial transcripts? Or official?

Is that unofficial transcripts? Or official?

I know that as interviewees we bring our Fall transcripts to our interview...

I emailed them just to make sure that we did not have to send officials *and* bring unofficials to our interview. They said that just the unofficial transcripts to the interview at this time is necessary

I emailed them just to make sure that we did not have to send officials *and* bring unofficials to our interview. They said that just the unofficial transcripts to the interview at this time is necessary
They only need official records when you're accepted. :)

Alright I've looked through all my emails and I swear I saw about how long the interview is supposed to be but now I can't find it. I am trying to see what lectures I can attend. Does anyone have this info? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Alright I've looked through all my emails and I swear I saw about how long the interview is supposed to be but now I can't find it. I am trying to see what lectures I can attend. Does anyone have this info? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

The interview will be approximately 30 mins. They are sending out pre-interview emails with a schedule of classes that are available on the day you interview as well! Here is the schedule just in case you haven't gotten the email quite yet☺️

Attachments

• IMG_6693.jpg
    IMG_6693.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 70
The interview will be approximately 30 mins. They are sending out pre-interview emails with a schedule of classes that are available on the day you interview as well! Here is the schedule just in case you haven't gotten the email quite yet☺️
Got the email which is why I was looking at classes I could go to. Thanks for the response!

Ohh if anyone is interviewing Tuesday definitely go to path. Gary should be lecturing and he's my favorite instructor.

So my interview is at a '45 time slot and if it's 30 min I should be done by '15. Is it acceptable for interviewees to leave one of the lectures early and come late?
I think as long as you're quiet, most instructors wouldn't mind. People definitely leave classes early for interviews, and I remember a few getting in a bit late as well. All the classes in ABDF are 1st year, and there is a section of seating in the back that usually has some spots. As long as you sit there and don't disrupt class trying to find a seat up front, I think you'd be fine :)

Also, Bustad is 2nd year and Wegner is 3rd year for people trying to pick classes to go to :)

I think as long as you're quiet, most instructors wouldn't mind. People definitely leave classes early for interviews, and I remember a few getting in a bit late as well. All the classes in ABDF are 1st year, and there is a section of seating in the back that usually has some spots. As long as you sit there and don't disrupt class trying to find a seat up front, I think you'd be fine :)

Also, Bustad is 2nd year and Wegner is 3rd year for people trying to pick classes to go to :)
Lol I'm going to all 3rd year classes :laugh:
It's what peaked my interests

So the third year building is weird if you've never been there. Its the building down the street from the vet school and not connected to the other buildings, and is marked "engineering" on the main door. I really have no idea if there will be extra seats in there or not. Also it's literally a dungeon :laugh: So you may want to not come in late for them since they probably don't get as many interviewees attending their classes :)

So the third year building is weird if you've never been there. Its the building down the street from the vet school and not connected to the other buildings, and is marked "engineering" on the main door. I really have no idea if there will be extra seats in there or not. Also it's literally a dungeon :laugh: So you may want to not come in late for them since they probably don't get as many interviewees attending their classes :)
Yeah when I went on my tour they were like 3rd years are over there, it's different. Sounds good! Thanks!

Ohh if anyone is interviewing Tuesday definitely go to path. Gary should be lecturing and he's my favorite instructor.
Who teaches parasitology now? Is Sellon still doing small animal medicine?

(I do suggest people not pick radiology as the sit-in, that one is kind of a snooze fest. At least it was for me)

Who teaches parasitology now? Is Sellon still doing small animal medicine?

(I do suggest people not pick radiology as the sit-in, that one is kind of a snooze fest. At least it was for me)
We have a new instructor for parasitology now, Dr. O’Conner. I think this is only her second year here? Or at least second teaching the lecture portion.

No idea about Sellon, I’m just in 2nd year :p

I’m really liking radiology because Dr. Wilkinson gets so snarky at times when he’s lecturing and I love it :laugh: but I can definitely see how it’s a boring class to some.

I’m interviewing on the 25th and I’m very excited!! Flying in from New York. Does anyone know if the interviews are MMI format or traditional format? Thanks!!

I’m interviewing on the 25th and I’m very excited!! Flying in from New York. Does anyone know if the interviews are MMI format or traditional format? Thanks!!
Usually it's you and 3 of the adcom for about 30 minutes.

I think it's really cool they are allowing us to go to classes. This is the only school of the ones I have interviewed at that does this. But the other interviews were on the weekend lol

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if we need to bring high school transcripts as well? I wouldn't think so, but I have had one school ask for them.

Does anyone know if we need to bring high school transcripts as well? I wouldn't think so, but I have had one school ask for them.
Nope!

You do need those if you're proving domicile, but you'd know about that already and that was due in the fall, anyway. :)

Anyone else nervous for this interview? Tickets and AirBnB are booked, now I'm just getting my outfit and transcripts together and trying not to freak out. :whoa:

I'm actually currently really excited as we get to sit in on classes, etc. Plus I love the Pullman-Moscow area already so that's a plus. Of course it'll be nerve-wracking but I'm personally excited.

I'm actually currently really excited as we get to sit in on classes, etc. Plus I love the Pullman-Moscow area already so that's a plus. Of course it'll be nerve-wracking but I'm personally excited.
Yes, those things are exciting. I haven't even been to Pullman so exploring will be fun too.