WWhy is Dexter a sociopath WW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also unless sov is pulling a fast one and making cops (besides prob deb) the wolves, there is a close to zero percent chance masuka is a wolf. And that's unlikely given the deaths are murders. The dude is a loveable perv. Most harmless person in the mythos.

Hm. I don't think it's impossible the cops are wolves...and I'm wondering if LIs can communicate with them, as chief of police..?

Members don't see this ad.

Well. Here's the thing. I'm inclined to go with the evidence we <have>, which is that the serial killers aren't wolves. I think SOV spelled that out pretty clearly and that it jives with what DocE apparently knows.

I'm hard-pressed to think of any other "groups" in the show other than the cops.

I considered maybe that SOV took one group from one season (namely, the Lumen season that had 4-5 serial rapists) and made them the wolves, but ... I dunno. Possible, but it doesn't feel right that he'd use characters from all seasons but limit the wolves to one.

I should add (actually, I should continue cramming for ophtho, but.... it's feeling futile) - I have another reason to think the cops aren't wolves, and it's fairly compelling. But I'm not going to reveal it.

Well. Here's the thing. I'm inclined to go with the evidence we <have>, which is that the serial killers aren't wolves. I think SOV spelled that out pretty clearly and that it jives with what DocE apparently knows.

I'm hard-pressed to think of any other "groups" in the show other than the cops.

I considered maybe that SOV took one group from one season (namely, the Lumen season that had 4-5 serial rapists) and made them the wolves, but ... I dunno. Possible, but it doesn't feel right that he'd use characters from all seasons but limit the wolves to one.

I am almost thinking along the same lines as WTF, perhaps this other "group" are not "wolves" but maybe like "assassins" that have been seen in other games. They have a kill ability (which could be where that second kill came from night 1) but it is only on certain nights or so often, I would say that if we had a for sure wolf right now, then I would probably ignore this until the next lynch, but we don't and I honestly believe it is better that we lynch someone that *may* have a kill ability then to go for a random lynch and possibly lose a better role.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am almost thinking along the same lines as WTF, perhaps this other "group" are not "wolves" but maybe like "assassins" that have been seen in other games. They have a kill ability (which could be where that second kill came from night 1) but it is only on certain nights or so often, I would say that if we had a for sure wolf right now, then I would probably ignore this until the next lynch, but we don't and I honestly believe it is better that we lynch someone that *may* have a kill ability then to go for a random lynch and possibly lose a better role.

Yup. Better someone killing people than a random person.

At least I don't have to catch up on this game while I should be studying :laugh:

Okay... lets do this. Cause DVM has a point.

I'll reveal that Lila West/Tournay is your chief of police, LIS.

With that said, I am STILL more suspicious of That Redhead, but I keep rereading that was written to me by Sirco and he seemed so damn certain that the whole group was wolves (not killers, though I didnt ask the person to differentiate since they started with and repeatedly used the word wolves)

Lila was a pyromaniac or a cofirmed wolf, you guys get sirko and hannah. If not, I want the to not be the target du jour for the wolves listed out by name.

so did LIS kill orcagirl?

Okay... lets do this. Cause DVM has a point.

I'll reveal that Lila West/Tournay is your chief of police, LIS.

With that said, I am STILL more suspicious of That Redhead, but I keep rereading that was written to me by Sirco and he seemed so damn certain that the whole group was wolves (not killers, though I didnt ask the person to differentiate since they started with and repeatedly used the word wolves)

Sigh.

It's true that I am - sorta - Lila West.

It's also true that I'm not a wolf. Just like the other pinkies.

Though I imagine that even if I don't get lynched I'll now get killed by wolves. Sigh.

In regards to the fire death of Orca .... yes, it was me. Lila West's ability out the gate was the capability to kill someone and take their identity. I didn't really expect to get voted mayor, so when I did I decided to use the ability right away because I knew that if I were investigated as Lila West I'd be lynched in a heartbeat. So I now investigate as Sgt. Doakes, which was Orca's role.

Anyway, I'm presumably going to get lynched now, which is too bad, because I'm not a wolf. At least do the villagers a favor and protect the identities of the REST of the pinkies, eh, Doc? Geez.

And the group is most definitely NOT killers. Other than my one-time ability. (Remember that when you try to figure out how two people died on Night 2.... the pinkies had nothing to do with it.)

Ok. Off to my other death (ophtho). G'luck villagers.

so did LIS kill orcagirl?

animated-shrug-house.gif

Why wouldn't Sirco just ask LIS for tips on how to be a good wolf? LIS has experience in that area.

Members don't see this ad :)
tumblr_lomg5zpaMl1qcoaceo1_500.gif

Why wouldn't Sirco just ask LIS for tips on how to be a good wolf? LIS has experience in that area.

It just doesn't really fit to me. My guess is whoever is Sirco is just a confused noob. Why would they spill the names of all the wolves to an outside party if they were wolves? I don't really think the pink killers are actual wolves.

I asked first? I was very enthusiastic to chat on PM? Random chance?

It's sort of rhetorical. It just seems silly to me for someone to give you the names of a whole group of people thinking that they are wolves and to ask you for advice. That's poor game play and leads me to believe that pinkies really aren't wolves.

It just doesn't really fit to me. My guess is whoever is Sirco is just a confused noob. Why would they spill the names of all the wolves to an outside party if they were wolves? I don't really think the pink killers are actual wolves.

I would find it very hard for even a noob to think that they are a wolf unless they actually have some ability to kill... that is the whole basis of being a wolf, is to be able to kill.... I can't see how anyone can mistaken themselves as a wolf unless there is some kill ability there amongst the group.

So we now have 2 roles that have stolen other's roles/identities.... :confused:

I got from LIS that he just stole the name if investigated and not necessarily the abilities. I could be reading into that incorrectly though.

I would find it very hard for even a noob to think that they are a wolf unless they actually have some ability to kill... that is the whole basis of being a wolf, is to be able to kill.... I can't see how anyone can mistaken themselves as a wolf unless there is some kill ability there amongst the group.

Well LIS had the ability to kill. I don't know it just seems weird that someone would figure they're a wolf when so far none of their 'pack' is a wolf.

1) Never underestimate the power of the noob.

2) Yes, it appears there were two role movements. I am responsible for assuming Orca's role of Sgt. Doakes. (That's also the reason I think cops aren't wolves, btw.)

3) I have to go fail ophtho and can't post again until after that torture is over in about an hour or so.

**************************************************************************************************
tumblr_lsmaxpepwf1qzahuvo1_250.gif

tumblr_lsmaxpepwf1qzahuvo3_250.gif

tumblr_lsmaxpepwf1qzahuvo4_250.gif

tumblr_lsmaxpepwf1qzahuvo5_250.gif

tumblr_lsmaxpepwf1qzahuvo6_250.gif

tumblr_lsmaxpepwf1qzahuvo7_250.gif

tumblr_lsmaxpepwf1qzahuvo9_250.gif

tumblr_lsmaxpepwf1qzahuvo10_250.gif

***************************************************************************************************

Fgsrgslnag,jhj,ghsmhghtstea.

I'm also suspicious of two stolen roles. It could be a cover for LIS being st. Doakes but that makes docE in cahoots with him, which entangles nohika. Seems like poor strategy.

DocE, I'm sorry you're suspicious of me- I'm nothing to be suspicious of, although no one ever trusts anyone so that's pretty worthless to say. I'm definitely not worth the lynch. Unfortunately I can't lynch anyone but you to save my own skin, unless others change their votes from me :/

Well hopefully other change their vote *to* you. Your arguments have just been too haphazard. I'd buy a legit argument (we have a arson death and a known arsonist) after a lot of protesting and foot dragging.

But your logic with the sirko stuff (and by extention me) has been horrendous. Bad enough to be consciously bad. Makes me think that youre less trying to frame me (though that too) but generally manipulate the whole issue to make everyone who has in any way touched me look suspicious all while ignoring the vital detail of sirko is all protected.

Sigh.

It's true that I am - sorta - Lila West.

It's also true that I'm not a wolf. Just like the other pinkies.

Though I imagine that even if I don't get lynched I'll now get killed by wolves. Sigh.

In regards to the fire death of Orca .... yes, it was me. Lila West's ability out the gate was the capability to kill someone and take their identity. I didn't really expect to get voted mayor, so when I did I decided to use the ability right away because I knew that if I were investigated as Lila West I'd be lynched in a heartbeat. So I now investigate as Sgt. Doakes, which was Orca's role.

Anyway, I'm presumably going to get lynched now, which is too bad, because I'm not a wolf. At least do the villagers a favor and protect the identities of the REST of the pinkies, eh, Doc? Geez.

And the group is most definitely NOT killers. Other than my one-time ability. (Remember that when you try to figure out how two people died on Night 2.... the pinkies had nothing to do with it.)

Ok. Off to my other death (ophtho). G'luck villagers.

1) Never underestimate the power of the noob.

2) Yes, it appears there were two role movements. I am responsible for assuming Orca's role of Sgt. Doakes. (That's also the reason I think cops aren't wolves, btw.)

3) I have to go fail ophtho and can't post again until after that torture is over in about an hour or so.

The only reason I haven't jumped on this is because it is true that Lila faked her identity in the show. Which is making me give you a tiny benefit of the doubt since we have more time left.

However, even if orca was Doakes, there is no one who can back up your story. It would be all too easy for you to kill her and just claim the role is now yours.

Whew.. Just caught up on the thread. My head is still spinning!

I'm not sure how I feel right now. Will check back in about an hour when I can think more clearly!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

In addition, there is stealing role identities and stealing role abilities.....LIS may be able to investigate now, but is he actually Doakes? Or just still Lila with fake abilities (ie a "false: identity?) I'm on the fence.

Although I find it just too perfect that LIS kills someone and now claims to have an incredibly useful role, one that we dare not lynch him for....

In addition, there is stealing role identities and stealing role abilities.....LIS may be able to investigate now, but is he actually Doakes? Or just still Lila with fake abilities (ie a "false: identity?) I'm on the fence.

Although I find it just too perfect that LIS kills someone and now claims to have an incredibly useful role, one that we dare not lynch him for....

From the way I understand what LIS wrote is that he has the identity of Doakes... but not his role abilities.

From the way I understand what LIS wrote is that he has the identity of Doakes... but not his role abilities.

Ah, ok. I misread. When he said "investigate as" I thought he meant he actually investigates people as that character, not that when he is investigated he comes up as that character (grammar, rawrrr).

As far as I can see, there is no reason for a good player to have a false identity that can hide their true nature from investigators. I don't see the point of it. I do not believe it is a one-time ability; I believe the serial killers may likely have a killing ability and simply rotate through which one can perform it.

Damn, I'm aggressive this game. Case of the Mondays.

Ah, ok. I misread. When he said "investigate as" I thought he meant he actually investigates people as that character, not that when he is investigated he comes up as that character (grammar, rawrrr).

As far as I can see, there is no reason for a good player to have a false identity that can hide their true nature from investigators. I don't see the point of it. I do not believe it is a one-time ability; I believe the serial killers may likely have a killing ability and simply rotate through which one can perform it.

Damn, I'm aggressive this game. Case of the Mondays.

I agree with you that it seems odd for a villager to be able to assume an identity for investigation purposes only. Hmmm...:shifty:

I'm also suspicious of two stolen roles. It could be a cover for LIS being st. Doakes but that makes docE in cahoots with him, which entangles nohika. Seems like poor strategy.

I am not vouching for anything he says - I have no knowledge of any of what he's talking about. LIS and DocE are way too experienced as wolves to try and be in cahoots with each other (or with me).

I cannot confirm who he is or what he's saying. Just that he's not a wolf.

Wow this game went wild while I was at work, gonna get caught up then hopefully decide :confused:

But your logic with the sirko stuff (and by extention me) has been horrendous. Bad enough to be consciously bad. Makes me think that youre less trying to frame me (though that too) but generally manipulate the whole issue to make everyone who has in any way touched me look suspicious all while ignoring the vital detail of sirko is all protected.

…I know we can't kill sirko unless Jurg is killed (or so DocE says) but why not have that name in case we do get Jurg? Just kind of suspicious to me

…I'm worried we're going to waste a lynch on Escalla; even if she IS Sirko, DocE says she can't be killed unless Jurg is; if we're trusting Nohika that DocE is not a wolf, then by extension we're trusting DocE is telling the truth. So lynching someone we think to be Sirko at this point in the game is probably a waste :\

…I have repeatedly acknowledged that I realize we can't kill Sirko, at least until Jurg is dead.

Ignoring? Hm.

I'm sorry that you find part of my game logic- seeking out the name of someone who has admitted to being a wolf- to be objectionable. Maybe it was a misunderstanding on their part; maybe they're a noob wolf and didn't know any better and slipped up. But it's a hell of a lot better idea than lynching someone like myself who you have no information on and who could prove to be a valuable player to the villagers. The same reason you're protecting Sirko, remember?

I'm gonna give in to my body and take a nap. No guarantee I'll be back before lynch deadline. suspicious of DocE, but not enough to lynch him, especially since nohika seems to know he isn't a wolf. Best thing to do is to RNG among those up on chopping block.

******Send Escalla to the electric chair *****

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

First off:

Please don't lynch DocE. Even if you lynch me. I'm as certain as I can be (which, as everyone knows, is never 100% for me....) that he's a villager.

The only reason I haven't jumped on this is because it is true that Lila faked her identity in the show. Which is making me give you a tiny benefit of the doubt since we have more time left.

However, even if orca was Doakes, there is no one who can back up your story. It would be all too easy for you to kill her and just claim the role is now yours.

I killed her first night. There is no PM'ing in this game. Her role was not revealed. How would I know what her role was? It was purely done because I was elected mayor (I didn't actually think people would elect me since I was just mayor two damn games ago) and the likelihood of me being investigated was really high and I didn't want to be investigated as Lila for obvious reasons. I picked Orca at random.

The odds of DocE and working well together are approximately the same as me and DVMD working well together. Everybody knows that. We're too abrasive. :)

I am still Lila. I have no role ability anymore because I used it. If I am investigated, I will appear to be Sgt. Doakes. I do not have any ability to investigate; sorry for the confusing way I put it earlier.

Nah. I'm not claiming an incredibly useful role.

I believe the serial killers may likely have a killing ability and simply rotate through which one can perform it.

You can believe it all you want, but you're flat-out wrong and lynched or not I will be proven correct. SOV is enjoying this thoroughly, but what he did is create a group of (in his words) "toothless killers". In other words; our little group of serial killers (what's left of us, anyway) can't actually kill.

Think about it, WTF. If that isn't SOV, what is?

Agreed.

Some of them may be wolves, but we know from SnS that there's no guarantee that they are.

I'm worried we're going to waste a lynch on Escalla; even if she IS Sirko, DocE says she can't be killed unless Jurg is; if we're trusting Nohika that DocE is not a wolf, then by extension we're trusting DocE is telling the truth. So lynching someone we think to be Sirko at this point in the game is probably a waste :\

I'm confused. :confused: Who thinks Escalla is Sirko?

The reason I am also hesitant to sau that Sirko is a wolf is because he evidently knows all the names of the serial killers (who have been shown to not be wolves at this point in time). How would a wolf know the identities of an entire other group? That doesn't make sense to me,

^This. But then, it's common game mechanic to have a wolf that has a villager bodyguard, and can't be killed until the bodyguard is killed. And DocE is claiming that he WAS Jurg. Maybe he still is.

I dunno. Nohika says DocE is good. But I still do not trust DocE. Something just doesn't feel right about the whole thing. :bang:

Think about it, WTF. If that isn't SOV, what is?

I am thinking about it. Hence why I haven't voted to lynch you quite yet.

Open thoughts to the group. Maybe the other "toothless killers" have the ability to kill at least once? Perhaps the deal is to have Dexter knock them off before they kill someone else?

^This. But then, it's common game mechanic to have a wolf that has a villager bodyguard, and can't be killed until the bodyguard is killed. And DocE is claiming that he WAS Jurg. Maybe he still is.

I dunno. Nohika says DocE is good. But I still do not trust DocE. Something just doesn't feel right about the whole thing. :bang:

Since when is that common (the bolded part above)??

A wolf that has a villager bodyguard? A villager and a villager, or a wolf and a wolf, but I haven't seen that many villager-protecting-wolf things. I remember bold text as Harley Quinn protecting the Joker from another game, for example.

I am thinking about it. Hence why I haven't voted to lynch you quite yet.

Open thoughts to the group. Maybe the other "toothless killers" have the ability to kill at least once? Perhaps the deal is to have Dexter knock them off before they kill someone else?

You did....

Whatever. I think it's clear that I was saying the serial killers don't have a regular, ongoing ability to kill. Yes, I had a one-time shot. Just like an assassin role (except for the bonus of assuming that person's identity). If you really want to nitpick, go for it. But you know exactly what I meant.

The serial killers have zero ability to kill other than my one-time ability. Is that sufficiently clear for you?

As far as having Dexter knock them off ... it's certainly possible. But then I have no idea who your wolves are.

A wolf that has a villager bodyguard? A villager and a villager, or a wolf and a wolf, but I haven't seen that many villager-protecting-wolf things. I remember bold text as Harley Quinn protecting the Joker from another game, for example.

I kind of vaguely did that in my mysterious planet game (putting the wolf's "soul" in the body of a "villager", although the "villager" wasn't really a "villager" they were in the game to win it for themselves), but the reason I did that was because it had not been done before. I haven't seen it since either.

I was under the impression that DVMD though Escalla might be Sirko. We were talking about Sirko being a noob player and DVMD was mentioning some noob-ish things Escalla had done. That's what I thought the thought process was there.

LIS, I'm pretty much sold on you, DocE and by extension Nohika not being wolves. I feel obligated to vote to lynch DocE because last I saw, we were tied for lynch votes. I cast my vote against him purely to save myself from being lynched, since I am most certainly not a wolf. I'm happy to vote for anyone with something convincing against them, but I don't want to risk myself being lynched for it.

Whatever. I think it's clear that I was saying the serial killers don't have a regular, ongoing ability to kill. Yes, I had a one-time shot. Just like an assassin role (except for the bonus of assuming that person's identity). If you really want to nitpick, go for it. But you know exactly what I meant.

The serial killers have zero ability to kill other than my one-time ability. Is that sufficiently clear for you?

As far as having Dexter knock them off ... it's certainly possible. But then I have no idea who your wolves are.

Then what on earth do you serial killers do, and why were you talking about strategy? Ie, why would Sirko, who I assume is in your group (or evidently knows all of you), be asking advice on how to act wolfy from DocE?

Why would the serial killers be in a group if they had no abilities, why wouldn't they just be assigned individual roles? Why the need to communicate with each other if you don't DO anything?

That's what's getting to me.....