WWildzoo Family Reunion - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unofficial N1 Mayor Tally
MJ (3) - Sporty, MJ, SAR
Ski (1) - finn
Pippy (2) - Pippy, kc
jboo (1) - jboo
AM (6) - AM, shelter, Skim, dolphin, Weim, Glam
Sporty () -
finn (3) - Snowy, Cait, Ski
Stagg (2) - Cray, Stagg
Snowy (1) - genny
Cray (1) - allie

20/20
night close in ~5.5 hours

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The best thing is going to be if the villagers lynch me, because then I'll still die the same way I always do even though the roles are reversed

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Night 1

Dubz and Karabou watched their family with interest. There was some bickering over whether it was appropriate to nominate oneself for the role of Family Mayor, or whether that was something only a rotten villager would do. There was a lot of confusion over whether it was beneficial or detrimental to become the leader of the pack. No one seemed to know for sure.

In the end, it was @Animal Midwife who won the race.

It is now Day 1.
Please get your actions in promptly, so we can close early and get back to killing villagers ;)

Family Members:

1. @Mad Jack
2. @allieh8607
3. @Animal Midwife
4. @dolphin106258
5. @SARdoghandler
6. @SportPonies
7. @WeimMama
8. @SkiOtter
9. @johnnaboo
10. @SnowshoeDog143
11. @finnickthedog
12. @Caiter92
13. @PippyPony
14. @genny
15. @kcoughli
16. @Stagg737
17. @sheltermed
18. @Crayola227
19. @Glammyre
20. @Skimble

Members don't see this ad :)
Awh you should’ve said that, you would’ve pulled on my emotional strings and manipulated my vote there lol
Eh, I was ok with it. I'm not sure I get to be elected mayor after what I did to people in the dog game lmao. Being negligent and thereby responsible for the deaths of future constituents is not generally the best PR for a campaign lol

Lol at the IRL irony

Lemme know how that works out for you 2 weeks from now
So this is like the plants vs. dogs argument. Dogs remind me to feed them and take care of them vs. plants sit there and let me let them die (I've killed 2 cacti... I'm that bad). If it can remind me to take care of it I'm much better at doing it.

WW games are the plant in this scenario :p

Reactions: 4 users
wait, YOU'RE Zen? I KNEW I knew you somehow but I couldn't figure out how. You changed your name. I totally knew that.

What the ****, I had no idea
Happened ~a year ago, very shortly after the first Secret Santa

So, I am just throwing it out there that I will legitimately be the best mayor. Also I'll bring you all cookies.
See, there's the bribery I'm talking about! It wouldn't have been enough to sway my vote because you jumped in late, but it's really nice to see an attempt.

Ahem, she got treated badly in the last Pokemon game? Are you running short on salt? Because I can still bring you plenty...
Lots of road salt in the new place. I'm good :)

Because I've never seen a mayor directly be punished for winning. The day that happens is the day I stop running haha.
This feels like a lie, because I feel like usually being mayor is a big liability even if by way of how mods write the role, it is not. Remember, my memory for games is bad, but iirc genny paid the price.

Also, how did MJ profit from the mayor role as wolf when he was not unseerable (I think)?

I thought Mel went for mayor once as wolf, or was village and again, shenanigans.

Maybe I'm misreading you, but I thought you found it stressful to be center of attention like this, and hate role/ability reveals. Here you're courting everyone knowing there will be something special about you, presumably.

Honestly I wasn't side eyeing you seriously for this until your claim thst being mayor is innocuous. It isn't.

Well, that's the lounge though. Anything goes there to prevent DocE from getting to powerful.

It's a courtesy contingency request.
What does WTF being mayor and being adversely affected have to do with keeping DocE out of power?

And why does this invalidate that the mayor role opens a villager up to negative action?

This feels like a lie, because I feel like usually being mayor is a big liability even if by way of how mods write the role, it is not.

Mayors should always be liabilities. I never claimed they weren't.

Remember, my memory for games is bad, but iirc genny paid the price.

What happened to genny?

Also, how did MJ profit from the mayor role as wolf when he was not unseerable (I think)?

By keeping an ability out of the village's hands that would have killed the alpha.

So tell me the correct terminology when an overwhelming majority forms on a player and it isn't based on solid evidence like a seer read or such.

It's just called a wagon. A bandwagon is a wagon that forms over an unusually short period of time.

What does WTF being mayor and being adversely affected have to do with keeping DocE out of power?

Because DocE will literally try to break games if anything follows a vaguely similar/expected manner.

And why does this invalidate that the mayor role opens a villager up to negative action?

Because this isn't a lounge game. Besides, do you see anything negative happening to me?

Darn I just saw this and thought night end was in 5 min ie 7 pm PST.

And I was gonna switch to MJ.

Isn't is also boring to make a suuuuper long day?

Why were you going to switch to MJ?

Mayors should always be liabilities. I never claimed they weren't.

What happened to genny?

By keeping an ability out of the village's hands that would have killed the alpha.
I thought genny or someone said in this thread that it seemed like her death was due in part to her mayoral abilities.

My point on MJ, isn't that I don't see how a wolf benefits from being mayor. It's how a seerable wolf isn't caught out, as people here are claiming wolves wouldn't want the scrutiny. If that's true, someone enlighten me how he survived that.

I get it that in some ways, mayor is a popularity contest. So I am side eyeing everyone for potential pocketing for where they voted and for self promotion via mayor.

And someone's earlier point about wolves shying away from the mayor role is WIFOM to the max.

Because DocE will literally try to break games if anything follows a vaguely similar/expected manner.

Because this isn't a lounge game. Besides, do you see anything negative happening to me?
This last statement, I'm not sure why you seem to think you're so bulletproof. And no, this isn't the Lounge but there are a fair number here familiar with playing there. Not to mention most of the examples of the mayor role being an issue were taken from here.

What happened to genny?

I thought genny or someone said in this thread that it seemed like her death was due in part to her mayoral abilities.
I got lynched as mayor. So... not planning to run again anytime soon. Mayoral ability was to cancel lynch, which of course would have made the village lynch me all over again, so I just chose to die instead. I think what Cray is trying to remember is that I'm a very good mayor even if you lynch me.

Reactions: 3 users

I missed that if it was said. Doubtful the death happen in pre-vet though.

My point on MJ, isn't that I don't see how a wolf benefits from being mayor. It's how a seerable wolf isn't caught out, as people here are claiming wolves wouldn't want the scrutiny. If that's true, someone enlighten me how he survived that.

There was no seer for one thing. Hence, why I don't advocate for electing people that are difficult to read because you can't guarantee one will even be in the game. The ways it helped MJ, personally, included the fact that it made one of the wolves a true alpha and he also made a fake claim about what ability he got, dissipating his wagon and buying extra days alive. It was enough to win the game.

This last statement, I'm not sure why you seem to think you're so bulletproof. And no, this isn't the Lounge but there are a fair number here familiar with playing there. Not to mention most of the examples of the mayor role being an issue were taken from here.

I play in the lounge. These are two very different places.

Cray, no offense, but what's your end game here?

Regardless of whether you think some of my prior logic about who would/would not run for this is WIFOMy, I don't really see AM running for mayor as a wolf unless she was literally forced into it somehow. Do you?

And someone's earlier point about wolves shying away from the mayor role is WIFOM to the max.
Ok but there is a difference between WIFOM and risk analysis. Are there times when analyzing something like who puts themself up for a mayor role is WIFOM? Sure.

But there are also times when you can look at a scenario, reason through it, and make some inferences about what you think would be more or less likely, based on logic and experience.

Not saying it's the type of thing that should be your only data point, but it doesn't mean it's useless, either.

I play in the lounge. These are two very different places.
I didn't say they weren't. Point was that most of the mayoral shenanigans being discussed in this thread where from pre-vet, not the Lounge. So acting like the mayor role was so benign in this forum is just not true and not a function of where you play this game on SDN.

I didn't say they weren't. Point was that most of the mayoral shenanigans being discussed in this thread where from pre-vet, not the Lounge. So acting like the mayor role was so benign in this forum is just not true and not a function of where you play this game on SDN.

Zero were from pre-vet.

I got lynched as mayor. So... not planning to run again anytime soon. Mayoral ability was to cancel lynch, which of course would have made the village lynch me all over again, so I just chose to die instead. I think what Cray is trying to remember is that I'm a very good mayor even if you lynch me.

I missed that if it was said. Doubtful the death happen in pre-vet though.

There was no seer for one thing. Hence, why I don't advocate for electing people that are difficult to read because you can't guarantee one will even be in the game. The ways it helped MJ, personally, included the fact that it made one of the wolves a true alpha and he also made a fake claim about what ability he got, dissipating his wagon and buying extra days alive. It was enough to win the game.

So, I'm gonna assume you got ninja'd here with genny. The game where genny was mayor was in prevet, not the Lounge, correct?

And if I'm reading this right, you are conceding that someone wanting to be elected to the mayoral role isn't good evidence of being village, correct?

Cray, no offense, but what's your end game here?

Regardless of whether you think some of my prior logic about who would/would not run for this is WIFOMy, I don't really see AM running for mayor as a wolf unless she was literally forced into it somehow. Do you?
My end game is that everyone's thinking on this mayor thing is majorly pissing me off, and it feels like you and AM are being purposely obtuse about this, and I don't like it when anyone is being purposefully obtuse, it's akin to deception.

So, I'm gonna assume you got ninja'd here with genny. The game where genny was mayor was in prevet, not the Lounge, correct?

And if I'm reading this right, you are conceding that someone wanting to be elected to the mayoral role isn't good evidence of being village, correct?

When MJ was elected as a wolf, he never self-voted. When genny was elected as a villager, she lead her own campaign. But yes, it is NAI at worst, not wolfy, to run for mayor.