WWubba lubba dub dub! - Rick & Morty Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think most people aren't actually taking TOO much stock in the anonymous tip. I'm skeptical but when I'm comparing two potential wolves in my mind and one is claiming protection ability, it's probably better for everyone to go with the anonymous tip until something else comes along.

She's not claiming protection ability she's claiming it was one time. Although she could be covering her tracks so she doesn't get wolf killed.

If both are telling the truth (that she's not our protector and that he IS the only one who can kill a possibly "alpha", Id rather keep SOV.

Members don't see this ad.

I am obviously not a villager. But more importantly, I am also not a wolf.
My role and ability match up pretty well. I am not lying.

And I have been ignorant enough this game that it should be pretty clear no one is discussing anything with me.
I figured, just wanted you to say it.

Anyway. I'm going to finish my wings and this episode and continue to think. I would like to lynch a wolf. But I see no great prospects at this moment. Other than hazel maybe.

Or eyepatch morty would claim to be a normal morty and we would have no way of telling the difference, but he and the other wolves would know who all the other mortys are. Brilliant.
Yeah, basically it'd put all the Morties in the line of fire, and subsequently their Ricks. It's not a bad idea, it's the worst idea.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll probably waffle honestly but I'm going to wait until more villagers speak up. I've heard enough from SOV but I'm just interested to know what everyone else, especially those more experienced, think.

Well. As much as it pains me to say this . . . I have reason to believe HMoo is telling the truth about her ability.

Well. As much as it pains me to say this . . . I have reason to believe HMoo is telling the truth about her ability.
At least, I can confirm she was involved in protecting stb last night. I don't know whether she can protect people in the future or not.

What's the reasoning for teep? Am I missing something?

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the reasoning for teep? Am I missing something?
Perhaps it's because I've been quiet for most of the game. I've been sleeping most of the day cycles away. And there hasn't been much discussion at night.

I find the plumbus clearing of him suspect (not that hazel was lying, but that perhaps it gave her false info). He has done nothing to make me think he's a villager or at least not a wolf, unlike most of the other players right now. Between him and kcough, while I don't know anything concrete about kcough she at least appears to be trying in her posts.

I can't handle this many noobs at once, LIS. I now understand why the lounge game was run the way it was re: role-revealing.

I know, I get it. People have taken my "heck yes, let's push people for info" in a completely unintended way.

But I still thought about role revealing just to needle you. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Offficial(ish) Lynch Tally
SOV 7 (Aloha, Caia, Kata, TP13, LoTF, Hazel, Hedgie)
Teep 2 (LIS, PBC)
Cyndia 1 (SOV)

I think? Double check this guys.

I am not going to hop on the SOV lynch at the moment, because ... anonymous info makes me suspicious.

But that said .... an every-other-night ability, a 2x assassin ability, AND can (maybe) duck lynches?

That seems pretty overpowered or unlikely. Kinda having a tough time buying all of that.

I am not going to hop on the SOV lynch at the moment, because ... anonymous info makes me suspicious.

But that said .... an every-other-night ability, a 2x assassin ability, AND can (maybe) duck lynches?

That seems pretty overpowered or unlikely. Kinda having a tough time buying all of that.
I could buy it as an overpowered neutral. Or chaos.

If the actual source of that anonymous info wanted to come out and play, that would be nice :)

Prepare for a long message as I finally got caught up. I'll start with the SOV issue:

AH! Last night I received an anonymous tip that SOV killed Lupin! Idk what to do with this info (and I will catch up on the thread reading later, I have to head out to a meeting now) but !!!
I got the message this morning, I am not the source of the intel, but I felt it was too important not to immediately pass along. Also, please note I didn't even vote to lynch SOV immediately because I wanted feedback from you all first (if someone had info refuting this claim or could vouch for SOV or etc and so on).

1) The most obvious thing is you RECEIVED AN ANONYMOUS TIP. Um, there is no reason for making it anonmyous unless the source is sketch, and I guarantee you the source is sketch. I am pretty sure that the relayer of that information (whether it is kcough who I recently voted to lynch, or kcough really received it from someone else) is a wolf. Why am I so sure of that?
That could all be true (well, I am not the source of the intel, just the messenger, but otherwise it could all be true). The source could very well be sketch, that's why I made sure to clarify in my post (by stating anonymous tip) that I myself wasn't even sure of the source. However I do think there is a place for anonymity, just like others have been saying this game, all the role and ability-outing is not safe for the villagers. Those who are useful get offed in the night (theoretically).

2) Because I am Krombopulous Michael, the assassin who can kill through most any protection, wolf or otherwise. I get 2 kills in the game. Remember there is a seer who can seer how to kill people? Well, I am the cure for most ills. Believe me, if I was a wolf, I would have just killed zensing our seer, cause protection doesn't stop me. Also, if you recall, I was confused the other day about rocky/zen and asked for clarification because I was planning on killing the wolf who evaded lynch. Figured that must be one of my targets/purposes to be in the game. Pretty sure I can kill FART when we find him too.
Okay, some of this could be true, or you could be lying out of your squanch. I do not recall ever seeing that character (unless it was the newscaster/Siamese twin?), but admittedly I have not watched all of the episodes. You admit you have the ability to kill, maybe you're not a wolf but you also state that you're not a villager. I feel like villagers get burned by chaos or neutral or whatever you want to call them and that does not make you my ally in my opinion.

If wolves seer-ed me and found out I was a threat, then this anonymous message nonsense would seem to do the trick.
except for
3) I have been told that "I am difficult to lynch". Not sure what that means, and I honestly don't want to find out.
The only reason I am saying this much is because I assume the wolves already have the info. There are a couple of other small details I am purposely omitting, not sure if they matter.
If that is true, I guess your telling us could be viewed as helping us "not waste a lynch." Or it could be a last ditch attempt to try to save yourself. Or it could be both true and an attempt to make you seem helpful to the villagers by not wanting us to waste a lynch. My head hurts from the paranoia.
The only problem I see is that I have a non-anonymous source claiming that our villager assassin is already dead. According to them, Rogert would have been able to kill 2 people.
This is the kind of info I was looking for before I made my own lynch vote. Enough of SOV's story is not lining up with other sources that I have to think he's just full of it. Maybe he even knew Rogert's ability and knew it would be an easy one to pretend to have since Rogert is no longer with us to refute it. I find it hard to believe the mods would have given 2 people the same ability and not have one of them be a wolf or chaos.
This could make sense because Rogert's ability description had the word "twice" in it (though we couldn't read the rest and I can't figure out what wording fits with that many words).
"a villager who could lo!r5e;m poh@su;m do7lua e&h twice, and used the word "bitch" regularly in his speech."
And another tiny piece of info I didn't even notice in the write up that lines up with WZ's info on Rogert's ability.

Lynch SOV

Chaos or neutral or wolf, a non-villager that can kill (and possibly has already with Lupin) is too big of a red flag to ignore. If he does turn out to be unlynchable, well hopefully Zen can figure out how to deal with him.

@PrincessButterCup, did your source say that that Hmoo protected STB or that Hmoo targeted STB? If Hmoo targeted STB for kill and someone else protected, she could turn it around into saying she and someone else protected STB and there was a 3rd attacker.

Look, I want to keep on playing this game, but not sure how this "hard to lynch" thing works, so I am just going to lay it out there. There is stuff going on that a lot of you don't seem to get (or aren't talking about).

As a prelude: I am supposed to get investigatory info every even night. TBH it makes no sense with my role, but what the heck. I don't decide who gets investigated. I am assuming someone is either choosing for me, or I piggyback what someone else sees. I get a folder slipped under my door each night with the info. Perhaps others are getting info similarly, and perhaps not all of it is kosher, but it was in my role info and it has checked out.

Night zero I got info on cyndia. She is NOT a villager, she too is neutral, so kind of interesting how hard she is coming after me. Also, cyndia communicates with FACTIONS. What the hell does that mean? I didn't know, but with 3 known neutrals, it seems clear to me (but perhaps you disagree) that this is a recruiting game. You can't have multiple neutrals in a game just for the heck of it. There has to be a reason. I think the neutrals are getting drafted into these factions. NOw I have no idea if they are wolfy factions, or villager factions, or something else. Probably something else knowing this game. Personally, I don't trust any of these neutrals as far as I can spit. I see a bunch of people bandwagoning all the time this game and it looks like group think to me. "as long as it isn't us, let's lynch them".

Night 2 I was blocked so I got no info.
Tonight I would get more info, but I doubt I make it that far.

So that's it. You are going to lynch me anyway. I am not the droids you are looking for, but I see that there is little chance of changing minds when people are just happy to lynch anyone who is "other".

My role allows me to kill only on the odd nights (so nothing even possible this night), to receive info on the even nights. I am "hard to lynch" and "hard to kill" but there is no info on how hard, or what conditions.
And my killing gets through most protection. Again I am filled with a lot of non-absolutes, which I guess is the balance?

There isn't anything I have said here that is not 100% true. I would stake my IGs on that.

I know that isn't going to sway anyone, but hey, I'm SOV, I don't expect to live long, but I don't like how I have been played by whomever is playing me. I don't like anonymous info. And I am sure that I would be able to help the villagers with my killing ability.

If I am lynched please read back through this and see the truth here.
Might as well get what small truths out there.

Oh, one final thing. Why has no-one commented on no kill the first night? I am guessing that was the first recruitment.

And one last secret: I am 98% sure that last night was a conversion. It has nothing to do with me, just something I picked out that I thought you should know.

Have fun guys. This was a great game @Trilt wish I could have played longer. I almost feel bad when mods give me a cool role, cause it never lasts.

And I am really surprised about experienced players band-wagon-ing an anon tip. That is really strange.

for that reason:
lynch cyndia.

As I said in my lynch post, I AM super skeptical of any anonymous tips - and so you're right, I wouldn't normally bandwagon that and it would be sketchy if I had voted purely off that. I didn't elaborate in my post because I was in a rush heading to a lab, but I wasn't voting due to the tip, I had been considering voting you anyways because you were pretty high on my suspicious list. Based off of something you said in yesterday's lynch and info that's been given to me from a non anonymous source, I have a theory that you're either a neutral with a different win condition, or a "currently" neutral role that could be converted or chaos - aka probably a role paralleling or partnered to ffm.

Annd I see you posted and brought me up again, I can actually explain what you saw and more of my reasoning, ill post that in a second.

Do we trust dream manipulations?

I didn't realize MJ was the one who rezzed Dev until I just re-read some posts. Whoever rezzed Dev was a wolf, and "will come for blood in an indirect way," per a dream I had night before last.

Unlynch Teep

Lynch MJ

Okay sorry just wanted to switch to a computer, phone typing was annoying me.

So yes, SOV is correct, I am a neutral. I may as well lay all my cards on the table since I don't have an important role and am not a threat to either villagers or wolves - I clarified with Trilt to find out that I don't count as either a wolf or a villager number. So killing or lynching me will just waste a round for either side.

This was my entire role description:
Scroopy Noopers - You are a whistleblowing scientist who has only your planet's best interests at heart. You are simply trying to survive this crazy situation, and thus are neutral. You have recently discovered a novel communication technique, and thus may send an anonymous message to the faction of your choice every other night (even nights) - messages to villagers will go in the write-up, messages to other factions will be given to only them in their results. Try to stay alive - you may win with any faction. There is another very confused neutral character just trying to survive - if you find him, you may PM together.

The first night I forgot to send a message since I didn't realize night 0 counted as an even night, I was thinking of it as night 1. Trilt was nice enough to let me send a message the following night, so I sent a message to the neutral faction basically saying to post a specific message on the board - the thing ffm posted linking to a reddit thread with a rick and morty theory. As soon as he did that, I figured I had found my other neutral, so that night I gave ffm's name to Trilt (each night I was supposed to choose one person to check if they were the other neutral). To my surprise, the next morning Trilt told me I was incorrect. So, I figured that he was another neutral, but NOT with the goal of just surviving, since my role description made it sound like there was only one other neutral just trying to survive. That's why I brought him up for lynch yesterday.

At some point yesterday SOV said that he could confirm the presence of other neutrals, so I figured he was another neutral. However, I suspected someone else of being a neutral too, so I checked them first and found they were indeed my partner, so SOV was not.. hence making me think he was probably similar to FFM, having some sort of agenda or convertible neutral status.

Also one more thing - I don't have any lynch avoidance that I'm aware of, which makes me even more suspicious of FFM. They might be called 'neutral' but they're definitely not true neutrals, there has got to be something else going on with their roles.

The message I received:

"You had some very enjoyable dreams last night, but when you woke up you couldn't shake a strange thought, "A wolf is what saved the villager, but they're going to come for blood indirectly. Watch your back."

Dev was brought back that night. I'm interpreting this as MJ, who rezzed Dev, is a wolf.

Though there was no source or explanation for the dream - thoughts??

Do we trust dream manipulations?

I didn't realize MJ was the one who rezzed Dev until I just re-read some posts. Whoever rezzed Dev was a wolf, and "will come for blood in an indirect way," per a dream I had night before last.

Unlynch Teep

Lynch MJ
The message I received:

"You had some very enjoyable dreams last night, but when you woke up you couldn't shake a strange thought, "A wolf is what saved the villager, but they're going to come for blood indirectly. Watch your back."

Dev was brought back that night. I'm interpreting this as MJ, who rezzed Dev, is a wolf.

Though there was no source or explanation for the dream - thoughts??
Well, given that I'm a known villager with four people that can vouch for me, it sounds like either that is in reference to the other rez that occurred, or that it is faulty info by the wolves or chaos trying to throw someone that isn't worth killing because they no longer have abilities and is thus a low priority under the bus.

unlynch cyndia.
lynch MJ

I believe Cyndia's post. Too elaborate to make up on the spot. It does seem to confirm there is a 'neutral faction' though.

After MJ, I would look into FFM more carefully.
This game is a lot more complicated than it even appears.

I don't get why we aren't just offing neutral characters- in WW, neutrals are rare but lone wolves and chaos are common. It just seems silly not to kill one of the many we've got kicking around. I guarantee one of them is an evil pinata waiting to pop.

Look, I want to keep on playing this game, but not sure how this "hard to lynch" thing works, so I am just going to lay it out there. There is stuff going on that a lot of you don't seem to get (or aren't talking about).

As a prelude: I am supposed to get investigatory info every even night. TBH it makes no sense with my role, but what the heck. I don't decide who gets investigated. I am assuming someone is either choosing for me, or I piggyback what someone else sees. I get a folder slipped under my door each night with the info. Perhaps others are getting info similarly, and perhaps not all of it is kosher, but it was in my role info and it has checked out.

Night zero I got info on cyndia. She is NOT a villager, she too is neutral, so kind of interesting how hard she is coming after me. Also, cyndia communicates with FACTIONS. What the hell does that mean? I didn't know, but with 3 known neutrals, it seems clear to me (but perhaps you disagree) that this is a recruiting game. You can't have multiple neutrals in a game just for the heck of it. There has to be a reason. I think the neutrals are getting drafted into these factions. NOw I have no idea if they are wolfy factions, or villager factions, or something else. Probably something else knowing this game. Personally, I don't trust any of these neutrals as far as I can spit. I see a bunch of people bandwagoning all the time this game and it looks like group think to me. "as long as it isn't us, let's lynch them".

Night 2 I was blocked so I got no info.
Tonight I would get more info, but I doubt I make it that far.

So that's it. You are going to lynch me anyway. I am not the droids you are looking for, but I see that there is little chance of changing minds when people are just happy to lynch anyone who is "other".

My role allows me to kill only on the odd nights (so nothing even possible this night), to receive info on the even nights. I am "hard to lynch" and "hard to kill" but there is no info on how hard, or what conditions.
And my killing gets through most protection. Again I am filled with a lot of non-absolutes, which I guess is the balance?

There isn't anything I have said here that is not 100% true. I would stake my IGs on that.

I know that isn't going to sway anyone, but hey, I'm SOV, I don't expect to live long, but I don't like how I have been played by whomever is playing me. I don't like anonymous info. And I am sure that I would be able to help the villagers with my killing ability.

If I am lynched please read back through this and see the truth here.
Might as well get what small truths out there.

Oh, one final thing. Why has no-one commented on no kill the first night? I am guessing that was the first recruitment.

And one last secret: I am 98% sure that last night was a conversion. It has nothing to do with me, just something I picked out that I thought you should know.

Have fun guys. This was a great game @Trilt wish I could have played longer. I almost feel bad when mods give me a cool role, cause it never lasts.
I'm at work and on my phone so i can't really check but when did we have a no kill night? And why do you think last night there was a conversion? If you're really on our side and resigned to being lynched the info you have may help the villagers win. (Don't out anyone though, think that goes without saying)

Okay sorry just wanted to switch to a computer, phone typing was annoying me.

So yes, SOV is correct, I am a neutral. I may as well lay all my cards on the table since I don't have an important role and am not a threat to either villagers or wolves - I clarified with Trilt to find out that I don't count as either a wolf or a villager number. So killing or lynching me will just waste a round for either side.

This was my entire role description:
Scroopy Noopers - You are a whistleblowing scientist who has only your planet's best interests at heart. You are simply trying to survive this crazy situation, and thus are neutral. You have recently discovered a novel communication technique, and thus may send an anonymous message to the faction of your choice every other night (even nights) - messages to villagers will go in the write-up, messages to other factions will be given to only them in their results. Try to stay alive - you may win with any faction. There is another very confused neutral character just trying to survive - if you find him, you may PM together.

The first night I forgot to send a message since I didn't realize night 0 counted as an even night, I was thinking of it as night 1. Trilt was nice enough to let me send a message the following night, so I sent a message to the neutral faction basically saying to post a specific message on the board - the thing ffm posted linking to a reddit thread with a rick and morty theory. As soon as he did that, I figured I had found my other neutral, so that night I gave ffm's name to Trilt (each night I was supposed to choose one person to check if they were the other neutral). To my surprise, the next morning Trilt told me I was incorrect. So, I figured that he was another neutral, but NOT with the goal of just surviving, since my role description made it sound like there was only one other neutral just trying to survive. That's why I brought him up for lynch yesterday.

At some point yesterday SOV said that he could confirm the presence of other neutrals, so I figured he was another neutral. However, I suspected someone else of being a neutral too, so I checked them first and found they were indeed my partner, so SOV was not.. hence making me think he was probably similar to FFM, having some sort of agenda or convertible neutral status.

Also one more thing - I don't have any lynch avoidance that I'm aware of, which makes me even more suspicious of FFM. They might be called 'neutral' but they're definitely not true neutrals, there has got to be something else going on with their roles.

I AVOIDED THE LYNCH BECAUSE LOTF CANCELLED IT. I HAVE NO LYNCH AVOIDANCE.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't get why we aren't just offing neutral characters- in WW, neutrals are rare but lone wolves and chaos are common. It just seems silly not to kill one of the many we've got kicking around. I guarantee one of them is an evil pinata waiting to pop.

This here is a wolf catcher

unlynch cyndia.
lynch MJ

I believe Cyndia's post. Too elaborate to make up on the spot. It does seem to confirm there is a 'neutral faction' though.

After MJ, I would look into FFM more carefully.
This game is a lot more complicated than it even appears.

maybe you believe cyndia because you two are in cahoots. i am linked to no one. i don't get 1/4 the abilities SOV has, yet we are both neutral? and I am the one in a faction? how am I supposed to lead the charge with a one time role ability?

Ooh sorry I skimmed earlier in a hurry, did she post that somewhere?
Yeah she was all "See?? I'm the Tiny Person's Advocate just like I said!!!" even though the writeup said the injunction came from the Galactic Federation which I still think is suspect

Out of FFM, Cyndia, and sobsob I am most inclined to believe that sobsob is not truly neutral. His character would be an excellent lone wolf. I don't see either Cyndia or FFM's characters being nefarious if they aren't lying with their role claims.

I think I'm gonna waffle back.
unlynch teep lynch sobsob

ETA: Because I don't want to make another post and feel like I'm talking too much, anyone else notice that we only had one night with 2 kills? Was anyone attacked/protected other than tp on N0 or finn on N2? Because if sobsob is saying his kill ability is odd nights...well those would be the nights when two attacks occurred. Just sayin.

Oh... My... I just... I'm just gonna wait to lynch...