William Carey University (WCUCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take some of yall to hear about the supplemental application? I've been complete since Nov 4th (which I know is much later than most)...just curious what type of wait I should expect before hearing from WCU. I live within their preferred Gulf South region if that helps

Members don't see this ad.

How long did it take some of yall to hear about the supplemental application? I've been complete since Nov 4th (which I know is much later than most)...just curious what type of wait I should expect before hearing from WCU. I live within their preferred Gulf South region if that helps
I was complete in July and received a secondary invite late September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok cool. thanks for the reply!
No problem! Out of all of the schools I interviewed and applied to, I feel like William Carey was the nicest and most helpful. Not to say the other schools weren't, but they were just the best. All that said, feel free to call and ask questions when you have them!

I agree with you there. I dropped by this summer and people in the office gave me an impromptu tour of the program and I loved it. Very nice and helpful staff. I'm hoping for some good news from WCU!

My primary was sent beginning of October and I haven't heard from them since.

Hey Guys!

I'm scheduled to interview on December 15th and was wondering if anyone who already attended their interview could let me know how it went and what were some example of questions that were asked. Any tips are greatly appreciated :happy::happy::happy:

Thank you in advance!

-Stephie

Hey Guys!

I'm scheduled to interview on December 15th and was wondering if anyone who already attended their interview could let me know how it went and what were some example of questions that were asked. Any tips are greatly appreciated :happy::happy::happy:

Thank you in advance!

-Stephie

I'm also interviewing that day. The interview feedback section is a good place to look.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviews wil continue into the spring of 2015. (Admissions Committee member posting here).

I have an addition question for you. Does WCUCOM have a way for me to see if my file is complete or ready for review, and what is the average time to expect a secondary from WCUCOM if chosen?

Thank you

hey guys ill respond to the last couple of posters questions.

How long to expect secondaries no one can really know, if you have a question just call and ask the staff is super friendly.

As for what the questions are like on the interview it was a little while ago for me but TRUST ME when i tell you dont over prepare for the interview. Just act normal know why you want to do DO and why them just the usual you should know. The interview is with 3 people and its very easy going and every student you see on your interview day will say the smae thing, not to stress about it. I didnt believe them either until after. Good luck =)

Reactions: 2 users

How long to expect secondaries no one can really know, if you have a question just call and ask the staff is super friendly.

As for what the questions are like on the interview it was a little while ago for me but TRUST ME when i tell you dont over prepare for the interview. Just act normal know why you want to do DO and why them just the usual you should know. The interview is with 3 people and its very easy going and every student you see on your interview day will say the smae thing, not to stress about it. I didnt believe them either until after. Good luck =)

Thank you for responding; however, I've tried calling several times and left two messages to no end, unfortunately. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Thank you for responding; however, I've tried calling several times and left two messages to no end, unfortunately. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Thanks
Really that's weird?! Did you call 601 318-6235. The operator is usually helpful in getting you in touch with who you need to talk to.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank for your feedback! :)

I have an addition question for you. Does WCUCOM have a way for me to see if my file is complete or ready for review, and what is the average time to expect a secondary from WCUCOM if chosen?

Thank you

I got my supplemental just Friday. I was complete 10/10

Accepted!!!!! interviewed December 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats JeBrAs and WorldChanger 36 =)

What're the stats from the accepted students? I'm in the waiting boat....hopefully hear something soon!

Do not attend wcucom just ask the office about attrition and listen to them stutter ask the current students about the same thing and listen to the truth this place is horrible if you have any other choice take it

Do not attend wcucom just ask the office about attrition and listen to them stutter ask the current students about the same thing and listen to the truth this place is horrible if you have any other choice take it
I did both talk to the current students and staff about the school, and while it wasn't all positive, the vast majority was. Yes, they had problems in the beginning, but that's a ubiquitous problem with any new school. Is William Carey an elite medical school in the nation? Not at all. Approximately 85% of their inaugural class graduated in 2014 (94 of 110 students) which isn't that bad; I'm sure that number will go up with this graduating class of 2015. All that being said, William Carey is very honest about what they expect from their students and what their mission is. If I'm not willing to have a dress code with mandatory attendance and a likeliness of going into some sort of primary care then I would be abhorrent at the thought of going to William Carey, but I'm okay with all of that. I appreciate your efforts to try and elucidate the "problems" at WCUCOM, but there needs to be more substance if you're being serious. As I'm sure you could guess, we are all science-minded people and need empirical evidence to support the claims. A "he said she said" situation won't do much here.

Reactions: 4 users

Ain't nobody studying you, breh.

-everyone

I thought only 92 graduated out of the original 110? Maybe an upperclassman can comment on this.

Even if 94 graduated out of 110, that is 16 who did not graduate. In the first year class this year, we have lost 5 people before finals, another 8 are getting kicked out (yes, after just 1 semester of med school), another 5 are going to have to repeat the year, and another 15+ failed at least 1 class, and will have to repeat the year if they do not pass remediation. Based off that, we have lost a minimum of 18 people from our class, before counting the ones who failed only 1 class. What does that tell you about the situation at WCU-COM? And this is AFTER the school had it's first graduated class. This is not normal people!

People who were .2 away from passing a class were not bumped up. This is after the professors gave a "curve" but was not a uniform curve to all the students. If they were bumped up then they would either still be here or not have to repeat the year. If the professors cared they would do something about it. At other schools they do their best to ensure their students get through.

When we ask some professors questions, they either are rude and do not answer, or blame us for not asking earlier enough. (Asking something for an exam that is 6 days later is not "too late" and should be answered or at least guidance given). Professors in class are rude to the students as well in terms of their overall attitude. Students in rotations are also failing due to the preceptor not liking them.

In one class the average was pretty much failing for all 4 exams. We had only 51% passing all classes before the finals. We had 49% failing at least 1 class. We had 24% failing 2 or more classes. (2 classes is repeat the year. 3 or more is kicked out.)

If you would like more information then just ask. I think there is enough evidence of what the other poster was talking about based on the above. If you want more proof, ask any student, they will all back this up.

Edit-the poster who asked about the town hall meeting, they did not listen to anything we said or any issue we brought up. It was just a "we are going to do it this way and you will have to do it as well" and then after a survey was sent to 3rd years the admin decided to listen to what we had been saying all along. Though this happened a few months later. Hope this answers your question!

I thought only 92 graduated out of the original 110? Maybe an upperclassman can comment on this.

Even if 94 graduated out of 110, that is 16 who did not graduate. In the first year class this year, we have lost 5 people before finals, another 8 are getting kicked out (yes, after just 1 semester of med school), another 5 are going to have to repeat the year, and another 15+ failed at least 1 class, and will have to repeat the year if they do not pass remediation. Based off that, we have lost a minimum of 18 people from our class, before counting the ones who failed only 1 class. What does that tell you about the situation at WCU-COM? And this is AFTER the school had it's first graduated class. This is not normal people!

People who were .2 away from passing a class were not bumped up. This is after the professors gave a "curve" but was not a uniform curve to all the students. If they were bumped up then they would either still be here or not have to repeat the year. If the professors cared they would do something about it. At other schools they do their best to ensure their students get through.

When we ask some professors questions, they either are rude and do not answer, or blame us for not asking earlier enough. (Asking something for an exam that is 6 days later is not "too late" and should be answered or at least guidance given). Professors in class are rude to the students as well in terms of their overall attitude. Students in rotations are also failing due to the preceptor not liking them.

In one class the average was pretty much failing for all 4 exams. We had only 51% passing all classes before the finals. We had 49% failing at least 1 class. We had 24% failing 2 or more classes. (2 classes is repeat the year. 3 or more is kicked out.)

If you would like more information then just ask. I think there is enough evidence of what the other poster was talking about based on the above. If you want more proof, ask any student, they will all back this up.

Edit-the poster who asked about the town hall meeting, they did not listen to anything we said or any issue we brought up. It was just a "we are going to do it this way and you will have to do it as well" and then after a survey was sent to 3rd years the admin decided to listen to what we had been saying all along. Though this happened a few months later. Hope this answers your question!
See, this is a lot more substantial than the previous post. I'm just curious why the majority of the students I talked were seemingly positive, because even though they were struggling with the classes, they still enjoyed the school. What kind of informational deficiencies are leading to the students failing? I'm just curious because there are students passing with those problems.

H
I thought only 92 grunfortunately. d out of the original 110? Maybe an upperclassman can comment on this.

I agree that this is more substantial and at least somewhat concerning, unfortunately.

I'd like to see the admin who frequents this thread address this post.

See, this is a lot more substantial than the previous post. I'm just curious why the majority of the students I talked were seemingly positive, because even though they were struggling with the classes, they still enjoyed the school. What kind of informational deficiencies are leading to the students failing? I'm just curious because there are students passing with those problems.

It would be pretty difficult to get something negative from a current student during interview day. First you have the faculty members listening to the student tour guides, anything bad and those tour guides may not be used again. Second the faculty may even be picking those tour guides from those who volunteer. These are the tour guides which the school likes, so they won't have negative things to say (out of the normal).

This is why SDN exists, to really see both sides of an issue.

It would be pretty difficult to get something negative from a current student during interview day. First you have the faculty members listening to the student tour guides, anything bad and those tour guides may not be used again. Second the faculty may even be picking those tour guides from those who volunteer. These are the tour guides which the school likes, so they won't have negative things to say (out of the normal).

This is why SDN exists, to really see both sides of an issue.
I talked to current students outside of the interview day when I was visiting. We didn't have tour guides, either.

On interview day, students whom we spoke to were all random. For example, on this particular day, students were either preparing for exams or exiting their exams during our lunch. These students stopped by our table to speak with us during this time. There were also no faculty members present at this time, therefore conversation was not staged or forced at all. The group of students I spoke to were happy to be at William Carey yet tired from working extremely hard in medical school (as the case with medical students anywhere). Still, they had nothing but great things to say about their student body and about the faculty especially. Although I did not ask them about general pass rates etc, the students I talked to seemed to be doing well. I do not mean to undermine the previously posted concerns about this school, I just wanted to share that my experience on interview day was extremely positive. I liked that the school was small enough to have one-to-one conversation with the dean and other faculty members. My parents were even invited to tour the campus! I have a brother also interviewing this cycle, who said his interview experience at a larger school was not as personable. Post-interview Dr. Weir and Dean Tuner were kind and prompt to answer any questions I had regarding William Carey. Overall, I was impressed with WCUCOM and felt very taken care of.

Not sure if y'all know, but there are students who volunteer to be part of the "welcoming committee" and they are the ones in touch with future students as well as the ones who choose to talk to interviewees during lunch on their interview days. These people volunteer to do it, so they will of course not say anything negative. These students are really usually the same people that talk to the interviewees every interview day. It doesn't make sense to do so since the interview is after lunch, so they don't want to mess you up for it. It also would not be in any student's interest to tell you the negatives of the school, as any other current student could easily report them to the dean. We have had an incident of something childish like this happen earlier this year, and I am told something similar happened last year, so people are cautious not to say something that could get them reported or kicked out of school.

We just wish I knew before hand. Most of us only got in here, so for us it is/was a blessing (including myself). I probably would have done some more research and applied again to get in somewhere else.

We were also told something disturbing regarding a lack of rotations for us, which explains why the admin don't care if we fail or not, since it's easier on them to put us somewhere.

Hope this answers your questions and/or concerns.

Of the 5 people you lost before finals, how many of those were truly academic?

Not sure if y'all know, but there are students who volunteer to be part of the "welcoming committee" and they are the ones in touch with future students as well as the ones who choose to talk to interviewees during lunch on their interview days. These people volunteer to do it, so they will of course not say anything negative. These students are really usually the same people that talk to the interviewees every interview day. It doesn't make sense to do so since the interview is after lunch, so they don't want to mess you up for it. It also would not be in any student's interest to tell you the negatives of the school, as any other current student could easily report them to the dean. We have had an incident of something childish like this happen earlier this year, and I am told something similar happened last year, so people are cautious not to say something that could get them reported or kicked out of school.

We just wish I knew before hand. Most of us only got in here, so for us it is/was a blessing (including myself). I probably would have done some more research and applied again to get in somewhere else.

We were also told something disturbing regarding a lack of rotations for us, which explains why the admin don't care if we fail or not, since it's easier on them to put us somewhere.

Hope this answers your questions and/or concerns.
I have a few comments. From my past observations of both medical schools and my time teaching chemistry at a community college, I have never seen anyone fail half of their class or more and be able to keep their job; except for one, and that was a tenured physics professor. Failure rates = a weak program, and a weak program = a lack of money generated for the school. Granted, undergraduate is a completely different beast from medical school, or any graduate school for that matter, and any excessive failure would probably have to be placed on the admissions committee for accepting students that can't handle the rigors of medical schools. With the recent full accreditation of WCUCOM, that means their program has meet the academic standard of every other osteopathic medical school in the country; if that wasn't the case, they would have been placed on probation or closed down. So, the actual content and what's being taught, logically, cannot be the problem. It's linked to individual teaching by the professors and effort/professionalism of the students. We all know how it goes in college; teachers don't care what excuses you have for why you're doing poorly. It's always been our job, as the student, to extrapolate the information from what our teacher gives us and learn from it, even if a particular teacher is deficient in their methods. Does it suck that professors treat us like crap, teach with apathy, and expect us to learn everything perfectly? Of course! It sucks, but that's just how life works. Even if 100% of what you say is true, I'm going to get through this program and succeed. I'm not a genius that knows everything, but I'll get through this program no matter what. Ultimately, though, the biggest question is this: who knows how to run a medical school more efficiently, medical students or a staff full of physicians and professors with years of experience?

Of the 5 people you lost before finals, how many of those were truly academic?
I do not know that information, sorry. I just know it was at least 1.

I have a few comments. From my past observations of both medical schools and my time teaching chemistry at a community college, I have never seen anyone fail half of their class or more and be able to keep their job; except for one, and that was a tenured physics professor. Failure rates = a weak program, and a weak program = a lack of money generated for the school. Granted, undergraduate is a completely different beast from medical school, or any graduate school for that matter, and any excessive failure would probably have to be placed on the admissions committee for accepting students that can't handle the rigors of medical schools. With the recent full accreditation of WCUCOM, that means their program has meet the academic standard of every other osteopathic medical school in the country; if that wasn't the case, they would have been placed on probation or closed down. So, the actual content and what's being taught, logically, cannot be the problem. It's linked to individual teaching by the professors and effort/professionalism of the students. We all know how it goes in college; teachers don't care what excuses you have for why you're doing poorly. It's always been our job, as the student, to extrapolate the information from what our teacher gives us and learn from it, even if a particular teacher is deficient in their methods. Does it suck that professors treat us like crap, teach with apathy, and expect us to learn everything perfectly? Of course! It sucks, but that's just how life works. Even if 100% of what you say is true, I'm going to get through this program and succeed. I'm not a genius that knows everything, but I'll get through this program no matter what. Ultimately, though, the biggest question is this: who knows how to run a medical school more efficiently, medical students or a staff full of physicians and professors with years of experience?

You would think so right? Unfortunately, it's not how it works here. There are very few physicians as faculty compared to PhDs, and a lot have only taught here. If you ask the upperclassmen in rotations, you will know that it has progressively gotten more difficult. No board style questions or board relevant questions are ever asked on exams, except for anatomy and OPP.

I do not think you can assume anything about the school or program without having gone thru it. You can assume and speculate all you want to justify something, but we are the ones who have gone through and can tell you what it was like. So sorry, but your post has no validation for our school. The school has no need to pass us all, they just care about getting a high first time pass rate on the boards.

I applaud you for being so bold. Please update us when you get through. Good luck!

You would think so right? Unfortunately, it's not how it works here. There are very few physicians as faculty compared to PhDs, and a lot have only taught here. If you ask the upperclassmen in rotations, you will know that it has progressively gotten more difficult. No board style questions or board relevant questions are ever asked on exams, except for anatomy and OPP.

I do not think you can assume anything about the school or program without having gone thru it. You can assume and speculate all you want to justify something, but we are the ones who have gone through and can tell you what it was like. So sorry, but your post has no validation for our school. The school has no need to pass us all, they just care about getting a high first time pass rate on the boards.

I applaud you for being so bold. Please update us when you get through. Good luck!
I assume you know what you're talking about, as you're a student and I'm not. I'm not even a medical student yet. All I can base my opinion off of is how schools work in general, which is a lot like a business. I'm sorry school sucks for you and so many others, but I just find it hard to believe that they "wouldn't care" about 50% of their students. That would lead to a shut down of the medical school and a loss of millions of taxpayer dollars because a handful of people are dinguses. Maybe you're 100% right and the school will get shut down in the near future. If that happens, I apologize for you wasting your money but I'll be in the same boat.

Why even comment about it, then? The implication is that you lost five academically before finals (based on the rest of your other posts) if you don't know for sure, it's disingenuous.

I assume you know what you're talking about, as you're a student and I'm not. I'm not even a medical student yet. All I can base my opinion off of is how schools work in general, which is a lot like a business. I'm sorry school sucks for you and so many others, but I just find it hard to believe that they "wouldn't care" about 50% of their students. That would lead to a shut down of the medical school and a loss of millions of taxpayer dollars because a handful of people are dinguses. Maybe you're 100% right and the school will get shut down in the near future. If that happens, I apologize for you wasting your money but I'll be in the same boat.

I am a current first year.
To your question, we lost five people during the course of the semester. To my direct knowledge in speaking with the leaving students; four left for non-academic reasons (family, etc.) and were in no academic trouble. I believe the other student left due to a poor start on the first 2 exams.

I want to address some of the other points brought forth by a few posters:
It is unfortunate when students are not able to continue due to academic reasons. As a class, whenever someone is lost, we truly miss the leaving student.

With that said, the admin has not released information to the students on how many students will not be returning in spring 2015. Any discussion on this topic in the forum is pure speculation, so I am not sure where the other poster obtained their information. In fact, other than the two students that have announced their departures via social media, I am unaware of the number of students leaving, as it is personal information not divulged by the school.
To comment on the student body, there is a blend of students, as I suspect is the case in most med schools, ranging from students with high GPA/MCAT and multiple acceptances to those that may have had not quite as high scores but were accepted here based on outstanding extracurricular or some other redeeming quality.

The transition to med school from undergrad or grad school can be quite difficult for many students. I fell into the high GPA category while applying and found a huge drop in my GPA during the first semester from the grades to which I was accustomed. I believe this occurrence is quite common throughout med schools and not just here. This increased difficulty is why med schools are so academically selective, to ensure students can meet the demands. Unfortunately, some students are not able to meet the rigors of this process.

In regard to a previous point posted, no student was kicked out due to missing a grade cut off by 0.2%. It requires failure of multiple classes for academic release. There is a remediation process for students failing a course. To clarify further, 70% is passing, 69.5% rounds up in all classes, so a 69.8% (0.2% under) raw grade is a pass. Several classes (not all) either curved, or offered redemption opportunities to help bolster grades as much as several percentage points on the final grade. I can understand the frustration of a student with a 66.8% where a 67% curved to a pass, but from the faculty/ admin perspective there must be a cutoff score at some point. The one sure way to preclude this problem is not to rely on a curve to pass.
Again, I truly feel for any student unable to continue.

I am a current first year.
To your question, we lost five people during the course of the semester. To my direct knowledge in speaking with the leaving students; four left for non-academic reasons (family, etc.) and were in no academic trouble. I believe the other student left due to a poor start on the first 2 exams.

I want to address some of the other points brought forth by a few posters:
It is unfortunate when students are not able to continue due to academic reasons. As a class, whenever someone is lost, we truly miss the leaving student.

With that said, the admin has not released information to the students on how many students will not be returning in spring 2015. Any discussion on this topic in the forum is pure speculation, so I am not sure where the other poster obtained their information. In fact, other than the two students that have announced their departures via social media, I am unaware of the number of students leaving, as it is personal information not divulged by the school.
To comment on the student body, there is a blend of students, as I suspect is the case in most med schools, ranging from students with high GPA/MCAT and multiple acceptances to those that may have had not quite as high scores but were accepted here based on outstanding extracurricular or some other redeeming quality.

The transition to med school from undergrad or grad school can be quite difficult for many students. I fell into the high GPA category while applying and found a huge drop in my GPA during the first semester from the grades to which I was accustomed. I believe this occurrence is quite common throughout med schools and not just here. This increased difficulty is why med schools are so academically selective, to ensure students can meet the demands. Unfortunately, some students are not able to meet the rigors of this process.

In regard to a previous point posted, no student was kicked out due to missing a grade cut off by 0.2%. It requires failure of multiple classes for academic release. There is a remediation process for students failing a course. To clarify further, 70% is passing, 69.5% rounds up in all classes, so a 69.8% (0.2% under) raw grade is a pass. Several classes (not all) either curved, or offered redemption opportunities to help bolster grades as much as several percentage points on the final grade. I can understand the frustration of a student with a 66.8% where a 67% curved to a pass, but from the faculty/ admin perspective there must be a cutoff score at some point. The one sure way to preclude this problem is not to rely on a curve to pass.
Again, I truly feel for any student unable to continue.
Finally! Someone who speaks with common sense.

While I will NOT get into personal student details which are legally protected by FERPA regulations - I as a senior faculty member WILL state the following:

1. Many of our faculty, both Biomedical Science and Clinical Science, have taught previously elsewhere. The WCUCOM faculty are a strength of the institution, NOT a liability.

2. The attrition rate at WCUCOM is NO different than that at the two other medical schools with which I personally have been involved since 1975. AND, I have been myself been continually teaching at medical school during that entire period.

3. The grading policy here at WCUCOM is well-established and completely obvious to any interested applicant. It is completely in line with that of any other medical school in the nation - osteopathic or allopathic.

4. Every student attending WCUCOM is afforded personal consideration when difficulties arise. The faculty, administration, and staff do not cookie-cutter here in Hattiesburg.

5. Complaints regarding the dress code and the attendance policy are simply red-herrings, that less than they want to be successful students fall back upon as excuses. (A) WCUCOM policies here are not unusual. (B) As THE biomedical faculty member with the longest tenure here at WCUCOM (that is, well before our first class appeared on campus), I state categorically that I know of not ONE student who has had his/her medical student career curtailed because of either dress code or attendance regulations.

6. It is easy to criticize, ANON, on the Internet ANY person or institution. Most often, however, it is my personal observation that the people providing such negative data are, shall I say politely, somewhat less than objective.

7. OF COURSE, we here at WCUCOM want all of our students to pass the board examinations! Would any of you applicants want us to think otherwise? Please note: our very first year class match rate (Yep, THAT first year class from a very first year school) achieved something like a 98% match-rate. Sorry I do not have the exact data available here as I post, but if you desire truly objective data with which to assess WCUCOM? Trust not individual carping posters on the internet and instead access the official WCUCOM information sites/institutional officials directly. Anybody may claim that the moon is made up of green cheese - such a claim should not be taken as truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
While I will NOT get into personal student details which are legally protected by FERPA regulations - I as a senior faculty member WILL state the following:

1. Many of our faculty, both Biomedical Science and Clinical Science, have taught previously elsewhere. The WCUCOM faculty are a strength of the institution, NOT a liability.

2. The attrition rate at WCUCOM is NO different than that at the two other medical schools with which I personally have been involved since 1975. AND, I have been myself been continually teaching at medical school during that entire period.

3. The grading policy here at WCUCOM is well-established and completely obvious to any interested applicant. It is completely in line with that of any other medical school in the nation - osteopathic or allopathic.

4. Every student attending WCUCOM is afforded personal consideration when difficulties arise. The faculty, administration, and staff do not cookie-cutter here in Hattiesburg.

5. Complaints regarding the dress code and the attendance policy are simply red-herrings, that less than they want to be successful students fall back upon as excuses. (A) WCUCOM policies here are not unusual. (B) As THE biomedical faculty member with the longest tenure here at WCUCOM (that is, well before our first class appeared on campus), I state categorically that I know of not ONE student who has had his/her medical student career curtailed because of either dress code or attendance regulations.

6. It is easy to criticize, ANON, on the Internet ANY person or institution. Most often, however, it is my personal observation that the people providing such negative data are, shall I say politely, somewhat less than objective.

7. OF COURSE, we here at WCUCOM want all of our students to pass the board examinations! Would any of you applicants want us to think otherwise? Please note: our very first year class match rate (Yep, THAT first year class from a very first year school) achieved something like a 98% match-rate. Sorry I do not have the exact data available here as I post, but if you desire truly objective data with which to assess WCUCOM? Trust not individual carping posters on the internet and access the official WCUCOM information sites/institutional officials directly. Anybody may claim that the moon is made up of green cheese - such a claim should not be taken as truth.
You mean to tell me that, as a staff member of WCUCOM, you're not going to take my money and rob me of my first born child? That's such a relief!

We, I, here at WCUCOM will be happy to welcome you into our true academic family.

We will do our very best to provide you the opportunity to become the physician you want to be. Will it be easy? - NO.
Will it be rewarding? - YES.