Avengers Assemble! Official Avengers WW thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetItSnow

Skipping the light fandango
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
images

For most people, the world is a pretty mundane place. Get up, go to work, go home, and sleep. Maybe put in a little time with the family. Perhaps close down a bar on a Friday and stumble home or, if you aren't Irish, just hit up the movie theater to escape the sweltering summer heat.

Not you. No way, not you. You know what goes on behind the scenes. Behind the government politics, across the global borders, beyond the realm of CNN and the local newspaper's daily snooze. You know that amazing powers and incredible technologies exist. You know that aliens and gods are out there. You know that incredible beings – not all of them human – fight on both sides of the ongoing battle for control of Earth. You might be a powerful hero, a minor sidekick, or even a villainous … villain … but you're all too aware of the real power plays that alter the course of humanity.

And at the heart of it? The Avengers. A group of superheroes you either loathe or love. A team of superheroes come together to stand against the mightiest foes. A team with the most incredible powers imaginable.

Right now, the world actually is a pretty mundane place. S.H.I.E.L.D. – a secret law-enforcement agency (or army, some would say) – is on such low alert that a third of its force has been downsized, another third is running training drills, and the last third is fighting terrorism (terrible, to be sure, but hardly paranormal). Lacking the kind of foes that require them to band together, the Avengers have all but dispersed.

But villains never, ever rest.

It is nighttime. Players with PMs to send, get them in by tomorrow (7/12) at noon CDT.

Game-specific rules are as follows:

1. Unless you have been specifically instructed otherwise, there will be NO PM'ING BETWEEN PLAYERS IN THIS GAME. Discussion will take place in the public thread. Exceptions to this will include exactly who you may PM.

2. There is no mayor. Live with it. Game starts on Night 1.

3. There is the chance in this game that a dead player may be resurrected. This means that if you die, please DO NOT PM people looking for inside details because you want to know what's going on.

4. ALL mod PMs must include both Lissarae06 and LetItSnow. Failure to include one or the other may mean your PM didn't happen - and at that point the results are limited only by modly imagination.

Players remaining (26):

1. Zanydogz
  2. Abbercadaver
  3. cuitlamiztli
  4. MrsSOV
  5. bbeventer
  6. Kakurubird
  7. Sheepdogpsu
  8. Jamr0ckin
  9. StartingoverVet
  10. squirrelsrule
  11. Ivorypolarbear
  12. bold text
  13. Wolfspeaker
  14. nohika
  15. nyanko
  16. Philliab
  17. Holdonhope
  18. Trematoda
  19. Varz
  20. Dyachei
  21. Orca2011
  22. devyn
  23. krist
  24. Abney
  25. PetPony
  26. Tiger369

Members don't see this ad.

Game-specific rules are as follows:

1. Unless you have been specifically instructed otherwise, there will be NO PM'ING BETWEEN PLAYERS IN THIS GAME. Discussion will take place in the public thread. Exceptions to this will include exactly who you may PM.

2. There is no mayor. Live with it. Game starts on Night 1.
Well this is going to be interesting. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
It'll be a challenge but I'm tentatively thinking that it'll turn out to be awesome. Either that, or it'll fail spectacularly and we'll all go insane.

No PMing between players? That's going to be interesting. I was wondering how they were going to split groups, but that solves it, haha.

Interesting! I like it, I think! Guess I can cancel my campaign for mayor :rolleyes:

No PMing between players... should save me a ton of time :laugh:

On the other hand, it'll take that much longer to catch up on the thread.

Members don't see this ad :)

Exactly what I was thinking. :oops: More time combing the thread for those of us who work.

It's an interesting idea, though! I can think of a couple roles that it must make more difficult...

:eek: Oh dang, totally did not think about that. It will be interesting to see how the game moves without behind the scenes movement occurring.

:nod: It's definitely a big change to the game dynamics, which you never know how it'll work out until you try it.

IPB, I can't stop looking at our avatars. :love: I think I have a problem! :laugh:

I don't think anyone except LIS minded. :rolleyes: And he can't complain about all the guy avatars anymore since krist has Black Widow.

I definitely play for team Scarlett Johansson ;) Hence why I chose that avatar...at least I have something nice to look at! (well me, SOV, LIS and sheeps :laugh:) Really couldn't decide between her and Agent Maria Hill because I like Colbie Smulders a lot too....hmm I may have to actually watch this movie :idea: since I know nothing about this story line!

I definitely play for team Scarlett Johansson ;) Hence why I chose that avatar...at least I have something nice to look at! (well me, SOV, LIS and sheeps :laugh:) Really couldn't decide between her and Agent Maria Hill because I like Colbie Smulders a lot too....hmm I may have to actually watch this movie :idea: since I know nothing about this story line!

I actually almost chose her. I have a girl crush on her. Gotta love Canadians!!

Had NO idea Robin (huge HIMYM fan) was in Avengers. Actually couldn't get past the fact it was Robin the whole time.
Just have to say that I am so happy to see so many Supernatural gifs on SDN. Devyn if the major culprit, but this was the straw, I had to say something. Dean is so much cuter though :love::laugh:

Also I don't know how we are going to strategize at all, I guess just hoping people slip up on the thread and maybe say something they shouldnt :confused:

sooo are we lynching wolfspeaker tomorrow or the next day? :smuggrin: :laugh: ;)

Had NO idea Robin (huge HIMYM fan) was in Avengers. Actually couldn't get past the fact it was Robin the whole time.

Me too! I just saw on my FB news feed that season 8 is premiering Sept 24! :soexcited:

I can't stop watching that GIF abney!!

snuggie-meme-generator-teach-me-how-to-snuggie-teach-me-teach-me-how-to-snuggie-7f618c.jpg

We are still missing a TON of PMs but that's ok because we put the thread up late and the deadline is like 12 hours away. I'm about to hit the hay. Happy hunting (both sides ;)).

Also, if it takes you guys a long time to catch up on the thread, you can blame yourselves. So much spam already :laugh:

First couple days are always random convos. :laugh: Just wait till we all start pointing fingers at each other, then random spam should slow down. :cool:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I was hoping I'd be back from vacation in time for this one :(

Oh well at least now when I watch I'll be as lost as everyone else :D

First couple days are always random convos. :laugh: Just wait till we all start pointing fingers at each other, then random spam should slow down. :cool:

:thumbup: Definitely. It's not like there's really anything to go on at this point (at least I don't feel like there is) so people shouldn't stress too much to read all of these posts to "catch up"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I was hoping I'd be back from vacation in time for this one :(

Oh well at least now when I watch I'll be as lost as everyone else :D

I feel like you haven't played in forever! IPB's sherlock game starts after this one!

:thumbup: Definitely. It's not like there's really anything to go on at this point (at least I don't feel like there is) so people shouldn't stress too much to read all of these posts to "catch up"

Krist, you need to post more. Just so that avatar flashes by my screen regularly.

Krist, you need to post more. Just so that avatar flashes by my screen regularly.

:laugh:

There were actually "better" pics if you know what I mean hahaha maybe I'll change it up afer a day or so but this one encompassed the whole avengers theme a little better...

You know LIS, you could change your avatar and then always be able to look at it! ;)

No groups :(, and no mayor :(, will definitely be different! Not sure I like not having groupies. Oh well, I'm always too trusting of my groupies anyways.

Do we have a tentative lynch deadline? And how many day/night cycles are we doing a day?

So.... I have a zebra print snuggie....... :laugh:

Me too! My friend special ordered it for me to match my room at that time which was teal and zebra print. :laugh:

Oh, wow. This will certainly be a crazy game. Though, I'm always in a group that either never PMS or just leaves me out of the PMs... :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile