You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Albany Secondary Application Thread
Started by rockydoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
This waiting is killing me, and I'm not even the one trying to get in! My partner has been on the Under Consideration list since mid-April.
I don't know how you all put up with the stress...it's killing me! I can't imagine how he (or any of you) must feel.
It sounds like the movement will happen later this week or early next week though? Has anyone had any luck finding out where they are on the under consideration list? Anything?
ahhhhh......
I don't know how you all put up with the stress...it's killing me! I can't imagine how he (or any of you) must feel.
It sounds like the movement will happen later this week or early next week though? Has anyone had any luck finding out where they are on the under consideration list? Anything?
ahhhhh......
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
Any people who were notified from the under consideration list care to comment on how they were notified? e-mail/phone/post? I recently moved away from the primary postal address that I included on my application and can't find the change of address option on AMC web site. I'd also be happy to switch my postal address with AMC if anyone knows an effective way to get this done.
Any people who were notified from the under consideration list care to comment on how they were notified? e-mail/phone/post? I recently moved away from the primary postal address that I included on my application and can't find the change of address option on AMC web site. I'd also be happy to switch my postal address with AMC if anyone knows an effective way to get this done.
Notified via email at first, then follow up paperwork etc sent to primary address. Call the admissions office to change your address- they are helpful they just have a long touch button initial thing to get through. Just follow the options and choose other questions about application or something like that at the end
so is the UC list like a waitlist? I thought they were going ot take the kids from the UC list and break them down into waitlist / accepted / rejected come may 15...
but now it looks like UC is more of a waitlist status
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Heard somewhere that they broke it down into a traditional waitlist.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Heard somewhere that they broke it down into a traditional waitlist.
I think that this should be happening any day now. Anyone know if they disclose waitlist rankings?
Called today, waitlist should be finalized tomorrow
Called today, waitlist should be finalized tomorrow
anybody heard anything today?
did anybody on the UC list check the amd admissions website. now its showing a new item Alternate Response and on clicking it get the message
We're sorry - the deadline for Alternate has passed. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 518-262-5521
Any idea what this is?
We're sorry - the deadline for Alternate has passed. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 518-262-5521
Any idea what this is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, seems to be some bug.....
Hope, pray & wait.....
Hope, pray & wait.....
What's the website for that list, and why haven't I heard of it before? 😱
I don't think it's actually anything meainingful. When you log into the albany system, the same way you did when you sent your secondary/scheduled your interview, there's a new "option." The link is called "alternate response."
It'll probably be how people respond that they would like to be placed on the waitlist (once they're invited.)
I don't think that they've released the waitlist/reject lists yet.
Does anyone know when school starts for Albany? When is the first manditory day?
-From AMC websiteFor admission in 2009, orientation and registration (both mandatory) were on August 12 & August 13. Monday, August 17 was the first day of classes.
Also alternate
Haven't gotten the e-mail yet... I'm freakin' out man
edit: read last years thread, looks like I'll be getting a rejection letter in the mail... good luck all
edit: read last years thread, looks like I'll be getting a rejection letter in the mail... good luck all
Last edited:
sorry to hear that drizzle.
i would try to login to the albany website and see if you can put in an alternate response.
good luck!
Me too 🙁 Good luck on your other WLs

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am on the alternate too and so make it 6 so far reported on SDN
I'm on the WL as well, and it is kind of annoying because I'm am still hoping for Albany, but having to plan for Ohio. Also, being from Seattle, it's not like I can get to Albany on short notice. They made it sound like they could possibly notify you anytime between now and 08/12, the first manditory day. I have decided that I will have to decide on a date that would be the absolute latest I could possible make things work for Albany, and if I have not been accepted at that point I will simply remove myself from the waitlist.
I'm on the WL as well, and it is kind of annoying because I'm am still hoping for Albany, but having to plan for Ohio. Also, being from Seattle, it's not like I can get to Albany on short notice. They made it sound like they could possibly notify you anytime between now and 08/12, the first manditory day. I have decided that I will have to decide on a date that would be the absolute latest I could possible make things work for Albany, and if I have not been accepted at that point I will simply remove myself from the waitlist.
To my knowledge, thats how most waitlists work. That is, they can accept you up until the first day of class. It can really screw up your planning and add a lot of stress.
Picking a cut-off date seems like a reasonable idea. In the mean time, I'd keep sending them letters(emails) to let them know your interested.
Good luck to you and everyone else!
It may sound stupid, but I think you should get some hope from the fact that the albany class of 2013 Facebook page only has 29 members right now. Every other school I've looked at has many more committed members.
I'm guessing the reason why there are so few people is that many are waiting on WL's at other places they would rather go. I know not everyone uses face book, but using 2012 as a guide, they have like 130 members... That's a large portion of our class that is uncommitted as of yet... it's a good sign. Also, for what it's worth, the only 2 people that I knew that were alternates last year both got in.
Good luck to all of you.
I'm guessing the reason why there are so few people is that many are waiting on WL's at other places they would rather go. I know not everyone uses face book, but using 2012 as a guide, they have like 130 members... That's a large portion of our class that is uncommitted as of yet... it's a good sign. Also, for what it's worth, the only 2 people that I knew that were alternates last year both got in.
Good luck to all of you.
It may sound stupid, but I think you should get some hope from the fact that the albany class of 2013 Facebook page only has 29 members right now. Every other school I've looked at has many more committed members.
I'm guessing the reason why there are so few people is that many are waiting on WL's at other places they would rather go. I know not everyone uses face book, but using 2012 as a guide, they have like 130 members... That's a large portion of our class that is uncommitted as of yet... it's a good sign. Also, for what it's worth, the only 2 people that I knew that were alternates last year both got in.
Good luck to all of you.
Yep, don't have one.
Hello everyone,
I've been following this thread for about a month now - I figured I'd create an account since I'm in the same boat as the majority of people who still bother to check this thread everyday (alternate list).
So, what would you say the general consensus is here? Is there still hope? And does anyone have a link to the thread for the 2007-2008 Albany Medical Secondaries?
I've been following this thread for about a month now - I figured I'd create an account since I'm in the same boat as the majority of people who still bother to check this thread everyday (alternate list).
So, what would you say the general consensus is here? Is there still hope? And does anyone have a link to the thread for the 2007-2008 Albany Medical Secondaries?
It may sound stupid, but I think you should get some hope from the fact that the albany class of 2013 Facebook page only has 29 members right now. Every other school I've looked at has many more committed members.
I'm guessing the reason why there are so few people is that many are waiting on WL's at other places they would rather go. I know not everyone uses face book, but using 2012 as a guide, they have like 130 members... That's a large portion of our class that is uncommitted as of yet... it's a good sign. Also, for what it's worth, the only 2 people that I knew that were alternates last year both got in.
Good luck to all of you.
Agreed. Just got into my state school (super cheap) and will be withdrawing my spot at Albany this week. Two of my friends are sitting on waitlists and holding acceptances at Albany as well.
Best of luck to you guys waiting! I know it's painful.
Agreed ... congrats on your acceptance!
Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope one of you guys get it. Good luck!
Just got in fellas! Best of luck to the rest of you all
Woo Hoo Congrats!

Just got in fellas! Best of luck to the rest of you all
Congrats x2!!
Did they contact you by phone or email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! So exciting... I can't wait to get started.Just got the acceptance e-mail, it is my first acceptance. Thank you Albany.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
Dont get your hopes upguys! I feel like Albany waitlist moves a LOT. My cousin got in via waitlist too on July 4 2006.