2008-2009 Boston Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a call from my interviewer (Dr. Kaufman) telling me my acceptance is in the mail. (!!!) I interviewed late January.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats to those who have already heard! :) just wishing everyone luck.

i got accepted last year (3/29) and deferred for a year to finish up some personal stuff, but i remember how excited i was. So I guess I will be joining you entering 2009-ers.

and for those of you who are anxious for calls, don't worry too much about that. My interviewer never called. =/ I found out through the status page and through their mailed acceptance package.

:luck: everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else out there with eyes glued to this forum and cell phone in hand?

Of course! My phone just rang and it was my mom asking if I heard. I almost poo-ed myself. Anyone thinking of emailing their interviewers? Any idea when status pages are updated?

Ahh! I was resigned to thinking I wouldn't hear today and now I'm totally distracted from studying for my psychopharmacology test :(

Ahh! I was resigned to thinking I wouldn't hear today and now I'm totally distracted from studying for my psychopharmacology test :(

I know! I was going to bust out the rest of my thesis and instead I am obsessed with my cell phone! I am even looking for new ringtones just to have a reason to have it in my hand! :scared:

congratulations to those who heard today. i have been checking my email and the busm status page all afternoon. no changes...here's to the longest day ever.

Oh man it's getting late...looks like its not happening tonight :( Let's hope for tomorrow!

Hey everyone! Just got a phone call from my interviewer about my acceptance! I was in GMS and have been waiting for this for such a long time. I'm stoked!

anybody's status online change?

Awesome, congrats! Im in GMS too, I can't imagine how awesome that feels! Who was ur interviewer?

Members don't see this ad :)
nope my status is still under review/with the committee...

Last edited:
Nothing here either. I am GMSer too...congrats dayumgina!!

I got my call from Witzburg. Totally pumped right now. Good luck everyone!

I got my call from Witzburg. Totally pumped right now. Good luck everyone!

i interviewed with dr. witzburg also. would you please clarify the exact time your call came in? thanks!!

Anyone get a call from Dr. Stone?

Ooh! Also, congrats to everyone who got their call!

Has anyone who interviewed with Dr. Berenbaum heard anything yet? Gah, this is so impossibly nerve-wracking! Congratulations to all those who have heard back!

i interviewed with dr. witzburg also. would you please clarify the exact time your call came in? thanks!!

I got my call at 4:30pm eastern time.

Yeah Im trying not to worry about the whole call thing. Lets hope for somethin good tomorrow!

did anyone else by chance get a call today from dean witzburg???

My interviewer (Donna Siracuse-Lee, wonderful person) called me a couple minutes before 10pm - interviewers received lists of accepted applicants that they interviewed by email today, giving them the option to call and give the good news.
Huge weight off my shoulders, best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Last edited:
Hey, I interviewed with her too! She's great! I'm sure she got a kick out of my "REALLY?!!!! For real?!!!" when she called me :D

My interviewer (Donna Siracuse-Lee, wonderful person) called me a couple minutes before 10pm - interviewers received lists of accepted applicants that they interviewed by email today, giving them the option to call and give the good news.
Huge weight off my shoulders, best of luck to everyone still waiting.

did anyone get a call from dr. phillips? also, for those who got phone call, did you send a letter of intent/interest? and...congrats!!!!!:)

Oh man its gonna be a long day, after an even longer sleepless night. You think they will update our status page today? Anyone know how long it took last year?

Are these the January acceptances or are you all in the second batch? Just curious...and anxious!

Its a mix of ppl who interviewed in the second round and the ppl who got deferred in the first round.

Just got emailed my decision... Waitlisted :(

me, too.:( any idea how many get off the waitlist each year?

I was waitlisted too:(... what a bummer! didnt they say very few people are waitlisted? How few is "very few?"

Good luck to everyone else

waitlisted too...welcome to more waiting...

waitlisted as well...

anyone from last year have experience with it?

Waitlisted here at well. I'm also wondering what their "small group" of waitlisted applicants means. It doesn't seem like the group is going go be small...:rolleyes:

Waitlisted here at well. I'm also wondering what their "small group" of waitlisted applicants means. It doesn't seem like the group is going go be small...:rolleyes:

No kidding. Waitlisted here too.

just wondering if anyone else on the waitlist is in a similar situation...my back up school starts on july 13th. eek. so if i don't hear from boston by then (which i probably won't), i'm starting somewhere else and giving up the dream. not knowing till the day i start somewhere else is going to kill me, not to mention the other school is on the opposite side of the country!

Last year no one got off the waiting list from what people told me...I hope that's not the case this year... Good luck everyone

No emails, calls or status updates here. I guess it's going to be either very good news or very bad news...

Seriously, the waiting is killing me (and really cutting down on my productivity at work).

No emails, calls or status updates here. I guess it's going to be either very good news or very bad news...

Seriously, the waiting is killing me (and really cutting down on my productivity at work).

Me too, and I just called the office - she said "decisions within 2 weeks." :rolleyes::thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.