2008-2009 Boston Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for unsung:
woah, they offered u a waiting list spot?
does that mean they will accept everyone on the waiting list currently?
that doesnt sound right

how many people are getting off the wl?

Members don't see this ad.

Jeez, the wait is excruciating, I hope they get back to us soon.

No waitlist movement yet....? :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I just withdrew from my spot today. Hope one of you gets an exciting phone call or email soon!

For the question asking "Please provide a narrative or timeline to describe any features of your educational history that you think may be part of particular interest to us. For example, have you lived in another country or experienced a culture unlike your own, or worked in a field that contributed to your understanding of people unlike yourself? Or, have you experienced advanced training in any area, including the fields of art, music, or sports? This is an opportunity to describe learning experiences that may not be covered in other areas of this application. It is not necessary to write anything in this section. (2000 character limit, approximately 400 words) "

Is it really ok to put nothing there? Im just curious if its really "optional" I dont have a lot of things to really say for it. I dont have advanced training in arts, sports, or music. Ive never left the country. Ive had some odd laborer jobs such as working in a cookie factory, but im not sure if thats what they mean. As for cultures...theres nothing really substantial...except maybe when i moved from southern cali to a small rural farming town in the midwest. That area in general was somewhat of a shock compared to cali. I just dont really think i can write anything of too much value here...but i know sometimes optional means do it or else.

You should be posting in the 2009-2010 thread. Or...you could have looked at the beginning of this thread.

The answer is: No you don't need to write anything.

I contacted them, and they told me that there has been no waitlist movement yet. I don't know whether this is because the class is still full or because the school hasn't decided who to take off the waitlist yet. Thought I'd pass this info along. :luck:

Its taking soooo long, I'm getting so discouraged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.