2022-2023 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well if you completed the FAFSA/CSS, do you see them as “received” on the SFS Financial Aid page on the MyApplication Portal?
This is what I see. I completed the FAFSA application, but I actually did not know that we had to also apply for BU scholarships separately. Please lmk if I am missing something. I will look into it tonight!
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 6.07.53 PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted! Interviewed in December :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I got a follow-up call and it was my interviewer from BU. He called to let me know that the admissions committee met today and accepted me, and that I will receive official correspondence form the admissions committee tomorrow. I literally could not believe my ears!
Interviewer initials? 👀

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!

My top choice :D
Interviewed in December
interviewed initials MS

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
A earlier today, also interviewed in December ! Hoping for more good news for everyone tomorrow!

Reactions: 6 users
A!!! Call from my interviewer a few hours ago! Congrats to everyone else!

Reactions: 5 users
Had that fafsa thing earlier today that puzzles and other members had. Vanished as of a few hours ago. Didn’t get a call or anything, so I’m expecting a bad outcome. But who knows. Will update when I get my result

Reactions: 2 users
so..... if we didn't get a call yesterday we're prolly W'd or R'd? :(

What time do the decisions usually get released on fridays..? evenings too?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If our documents tab doesn't show the FAFSA and CSS as received are we probs W'd or R'd?

What time do the decisions usually get released on fridays..? evenings too?
Usually in the morning time, but the schedule may be messed up due to match day/it seems like they are a day behind their usual schedule (calls sent on Thursday instead of the usual Wednesday).

Once emails come out, you’ll definitely see it here first :)

If our documents tab doesn't show the FAFSA and CSS as received are we probs W'd or R'd?
I received an A call last night and I don't see these docs marked as received. Would not read into it too much :)

Reactions: 9 users
Hey folks who have received A's-- congrats!! Time to take a sigh (or many lol) of relief. :)

For anyone who has already received a call and has not posted their interviewers initials, could you do so?

Re: emails... Nothing here yet, either, though I agree it seems highly likely they're a little behind with so much going on at once. Hang in there! ;)

Last edited:
Hey folks who have received A's-- congrats!! Time to take a sigh (or many lol) of relief. :)

For anyone who has already received a call and has not posted their interviewers initials, could you do so?

Re: emails... Nothing here yet, either, though I agree it seems highly likely they're a little behind with so much going on at once. Hang in there! ;)
My interviewer was Dr. DP (first and last name)

I just got accepted through call!!! My interviewers initials are EC.

Edit- Also my financial aid portal doesn’t show anything (received or unreceived) for FAFSA or the CSS profile but I also haven’t filled out the CSS profile

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
I missed a Boston call at 2:23 EST, who left a voicemail saying I should receive an acceptance letter soon!!!

• Love
  • Care
ive gotten like 4 spam calls today and one from MA but none were BU … torture

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
ive gotten like 4 spam calls today and one from MA but none were BU … torture
When I got the call, my interviewers name was actually listed instead of the number even though she’s not in my contacts of course. I have an iPhone tho and this has been happening a lot lately when I get calls from people who aren’t in my contacts but also aren’t scammers

I just got the acceptance email

Edit- just found out I also got the deans scholarship ahhh 🥹

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got an email that I was accepted, but was never called; so maybe check your inboxes.

just got the A via email!! no call from interviewer or the fafsa/css confirmation 😮‍💨. congrats to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
And I’m guessing they don’t tell us where we are on the waitlist either…
In my interview, they said that if you're on the WL and you send a LOI, they’re more likely to offer you the spot should one open. But only send LOI if they’re your top choice

Had that fafsa thing earlier today that puzzles and other members had. Vanished as of a few hours ago. Didn’t get a call or anything, so I’m expecting a bad outcome. But who knows. Will update when I get my result
Got smoked with a R. Damn. Absolutely thankful I have an A elsewhere though which softens the blow. I expected this because this was my first interview. Staying in my home state for my MD, at least I get to avoid the NE winters.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Got the A! I didn’t know about the CSS profile thing. Is filling it out now going to hinder my changes of getting scholarships and what not?

• Love
Got the A! I didn’t know about the CSS profile thing. Is filling it out now going to hinder my changes of getting scholarships and what not?
Nah the only scholarship BU gives is the Dean’s scholarship I’m pretty sure. The CSS profile will determine your needs-based financial aid

It seems that they have reduced their class size from 150 to 120 this year (the new size was mentioned in the update email). Do you guys think that they will take a smaller number of people off the waitlist?

It seems that they have reduced their class size from 150 to 120 this year (the new size was mentioned in the update email). Do you guys think that they will take a smaller number of people off the waitlist?
what update email?

The accepted one did not specify a number at all. Got a screenshot of what you're seeing?
It just states that "This year we received over 10,000 applications for approximately 120 seats in the class"

• Wow