2008-2009 Boston Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so we could even start hearing from next week?

wow

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, I've been seeing admissions people all over the first floor of the building in different rooms looking over files. So decisions have begun!

While I certainly would love to hear next week, I doubt that we'll hear back so early. Bear in mind that since BU has (relatively) non-rolling admissions, they are reviewing a LOT of applications right now. I'm sure they have begun the process of making decisions, but I imagine they are nowhere near done -- and I think Dr. Witzburg said that we'll all hear at the same time (he told my interview group the last week of March).

Members don't see this ad :)
that makes more sense unfortunately. by the time they finish reviewing it will be mid-late march no question.

do you know if they rejected applicants post interview at all?

that makes more sense unfortunately. by the time they finish reviewing it will be mid-late march no question.

do you know if they rejected applicants post interview at all?

so, i'm assuming nobody has heard from BU???????

does anyone know if BU sends out final decision via mail/email at the same time or just snail mail? thanks!

does anyone know if BU sends out final decision via mail/email at the same time or just snail mail? thanks!

Many interviewers will call you and tell you that you're accepted even before anything is sent out; but please remember, NOT ALL INTERVIEWERS WILL DO THAT. Statuses will also change on your secondary page, and then snail mail will also be mailed.

thanks ^^

so we are guessing last week of March?

Does anyone know how much the deposit is to hold your seat once you are accepted? My girlfriend was just accepted into BU business school and they are requiring her to submit a $1,000 non-refundable deposit within 3 weeks of her acceptance offer.

Does anyone know how much the deposit is to hold your seat once you are accepted? My girlfriend was just accepted into BU business school and they are requiring her to submit a $1,000 non-refundable deposit within 3 weeks of her acceptance offer.

I believe there is no fee required to hold you seat. Hope that helps.

does anyone know how much the deposit is to hold your seat once you are accepted? My girlfriend was just accepted into bu business school and they are requiring her to submit a $1,000 non-refundable deposit within 3 weeks of her acceptance offer.

$0

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
Does anyone have any idea how BU will notify us about acceptance/rejection? When do you think we'll hear?

Hey,
Does anyone have any idea how BU will notify us about acceptance/rejection? When do you think we'll hear?

at my interview in january, dr. witzburg said we'd hear something "the last week of march." i'm guessing that's next week :hungover:

yeah your interviewer might not call you but you should get an email so you don't have to be tortured waiting for snailmail. at least that's how it was last year.
good luck, everyone!

Psh, this school has pissed me off from beginning to end. They're the ONLY school I have yet to hear from. Whatever, I've already made my decsion regardless of what they say, I just would like to know for "gits and shiggles" ya know? Nice school, but not for me.

Good luck to everyone who's anxiously waiting! Boston is such a great city!

You guys think we'll hear this week? I hope so! Got waitlisted at the only school I've heard back from so I am anxiously waiting for the other 4 schools to get their acts together and give me some news!

You guys think we'll hear this week? I hope so! Got waitlisted at the only school I've heard back from so I am anxiously waiting for the other 4 schools to get their acts together and give me some news!

Yes, this should be the week. Good luck to everyone!

There's always a possibility for next week. March 30th is Monday. lol

i thought i heard someone mention that all schools need to have a full class by end of march?

i hope it is this week

i thought i heard someone mention that all schools need to have a full class by end of march?

i hope it is this week

They need to have offered as many acceptances as they have spots by the end of this month. I'd guess it'll be this week, but given the torture of this process so far it would be kinda funny if they went out on the 31st. (Kinda.)

They need to have offered as many acceptances as they have spots by the end of this month. I'd guess it'll be this week, but given the torture of this process so far it would be kinda funny if they went out on the 31st. (Kinda.)

They definitely wouldn't be the first school I interviewed at that said we'd hear by a certain date and then was... late.

Even if it is the 31st, the waiting is (very nearly) over! I'm really glad that BU isn't into big waiting lists -- it will be nice to know, one way or another, in the next few days.

They definitely wouldn't be the first school I interviewed at that said we'd hear by a certain date and then was... late.

Even if it is the 31st, the waiting is (very nearly) over! I'm really glad that BU isn't into big waiting lists -- it will be nice to know, one way or another, in the next few days.

Yep, v. true. I guess they can only be so late given the AAMC deadline, but historically BU has waited until the last day or two, so I'm not expecting anything until the end of the week (ie. Friday). If it's earlier, that'll be a nice surprise. :D

I made the mistake of telling all of my friends and family that I'd hear by mid-late March...a day doesn't go by without someone asking me if I've heard. This decision couldn't come soon enough! I literally keep one eye on my email at all times!

Jeez I can't wait to hear back.

I know...same here! I was so distracted thinking we would find out today that I hardly got any work done. It seems like the days are stretching out as we supposedly get closer to the final decision!

I contacted the office yesterday and was told decisions will be coming out "within the next 2 weeks."

Why did you guys think it was today? I don't remember them saying the 24th?

There was previous post from someone who applied last year that said they heard on the 24th or 25th. That was Monday and Tuesday last year so I was hoping it would be the same timing this year.

There was previous post from someone who applied last year that said they heard on the 24th or 25th. That was Monday and Tuesday last year so I was hoping it would be the same timing this year.

I am afraid that might have been me. I was called by my interviewer on the 26th (definitely) and I recalled that some others had already posted, so I speculated that some had heard on the 25th.

Hope I didn't mislead. :oops:

hmm. If you look at the sdn thread from last year, people reported hearing on the 28th, which was the last fri. of the month.

Last edited:
That makes more sense that the mass update will be friday and maybe a few people will hear from interviewers before then since some interviewers call and some don't.

somehow the number 24 stuck in my head, i don't remember where i heard it from.. oh well, maybe not today then. sorry for the wrong info.

Really can't wait! it's my last hope, for being waitlisted at 4 other schools...

likewise...i thought the 24th for some arbitrary reason. it's just nice to know that there are other people who are slaves to their inboxes as well.

I checked with the Admissions Office today, they still say "in the next two weeks."

I checked with the Admissions Office today, they still say "in the next two weeks."

Despite that, I predict calls will start coming from SOME interviewers tomorrow afternoon (and possible TONIGHT) and emails will go out on Friday.

I am so excited for you guys. This school is better than I ever hoped it would be. In every way. I absolutely and totally love it. (I never really understood the concept that a school can be a good "fit," but I do now.)

and Boston is fantastic!!!
:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Despite that, I predict calls will start coming from SOME interviewers tomorrow afternoon (and possible TONIGHT) and emails will go out on Friday.

I am so excited for you guys. This school is better than I ever hoped it would be. In every way. I absolutely and totally love it. (I never really understood the concept that a school can be a good "fit," but I do now.)

and Boston is fantastic!!!

wow Thanks. are u a current student? let the panicking starts=D

That sounds promising! Any other GMSers out there waiting to hear?

That sounds promising! Any other GMSers out there waiting to hear?

Yup! Final day(s) of a long journey. Glad to know I am not the only GMS left waiting to hear :)

gr8fulMD, did you interview in the first round or second round?

Yah same here, back in Nov. I feel ur pain.

i interviewed in september...
i wish they used twitter. their tweets would be something along the lines of "currently playing with the emotions of hundreds of hopefuls." or "devastating lives and making dreams come true."

I interviewed with Witzburg - do you know if he actually calls his accepted students?

Status
Not open for further replies.