You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Boston Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
While I certainly would love to hear next week, I doubt that we'll hear back so early. Bear in mind that since BU has (relatively) non-rolling admissions, they are reviewing a LOT of applications right now. I'm sure they have begun the process of making decisions, but I imagine they are nowhere near done -- and I think Dr. Witzburg said that we'll all hear at the same time (he told my interview group the last week of March).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that makes more sense unfortunately. by the time they finish reviewing it will be mid-late march no question.
do you know if they rejected applicants post interview at all?
so, i'm assuming nobody has heard from BU???????
does anyone know if BU sends out final decision via mail/email at the same time or just snail mail? thanks!
Many interviewers will call you and tell you that you're accepted even before anything is sent out; but please remember, NOT ALL INTERVIEWERS WILL DO THAT. Statuses will also change on your secondary page, and then snail mail will also be mailed.
Does anyone know how much the deposit is to hold your seat once you are accepted? My girlfriend was just accepted into BU business school and they are requiring her to submit a $1,000 non-refundable deposit within 3 weeks of her acceptance offer.
Does anyone know how much the deposit is to hold your seat once you are accepted? My girlfriend was just accepted into BU business school and they are requiring her to submit a $1,000 non-refundable deposit within 3 weeks of her acceptance offer.
I believe there is no fee required to hold you seat. Hope that helps.
does anyone know how much the deposit is to hold your seat once you are accepted? My girlfriend was just accepted into bu business school and they are requiring her to submit a $1,000 non-refundable deposit within 3 weeks of her acceptance offer.
$0
Does anyone know when second look is?
May 2-3. I'll definitely be there if I'm accepted!
FYI: there's a 2nd look dates thread on the main page.
Does anyone know when second look is?
I think Dr. Witzburg said it was sometime in April, but I am not sure of an exact date.
totally off see above lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
Does anyone have any idea how BU will notify us about acceptance/rejection? When do you think we'll hear?
at my interview in january, dr. witzburg said we'd hear something "the last week of march." i'm guessing that's next week
Psh, this school has pissed me off from beginning to end. They're the ONLY school I have yet to hear from. Whatever, I've already made my decsion regardless of what they say, I just would like to know for "gits and shiggles" ya know? Nice school, but not for me.
Good luck to everyone who's anxiously waiting! Boston is such a great city!
Good luck to everyone who's anxiously waiting! Boston is such a great city!
You guys think we'll hear this week? I hope so! Got waitlisted at the only school I've heard back from so I am anxiously waiting for the other 4 schools to get their acts together and give me some news!
Yes, this should be the week. Good luck to everyone!
There's always a possibility for next week. March 30th is Monday. lol
Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't be at all surprised. 😛
i thought i heard someone mention that all schools need to have a full class by end of march?
i hope it is this week
They need to have offered as many acceptances as they have spots by the end of this month. I'd guess it'll be this week, but given the torture of this process so far it would be kinda funny if they went out on the 31st. (Kinda.)
They need to have offered as many acceptances as they have spots by the end of this month. I'd guess it'll be this week, but given the torture of this process so far it would be kinda funny if they went out on the 31st. (Kinda.)
They definitely wouldn't be the first school I interviewed at that said we'd hear by a certain date and then was... late.
Even if it is the 31st, the waiting is (very nearly) over! I'm really glad that BU isn't into big waiting lists -- it will be nice to know, one way or another, in the next few days.
They definitely wouldn't be the first school I interviewed at that said we'd hear by a certain date and then was... late.
Even if it is the 31st, the waiting is (very nearly) over! I'm really glad that BU isn't into big waiting lists -- it will be nice to know, one way or another, in the next few days.
Yep, v. true. I guess they can only be so late given the AAMC deadline, but historically BU has waited until the last day or two, so I'm not expecting anything until the end of the week (ie. Friday). If it's earlier, that'll be a nice surprise. 😀
Jeez I can't wait to hear back.
today is supposed to be the big day.. i was checking my email like crazy.
but nothing came
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why did you guys think it was today? I don't remember them saying the 24th?
Why did you guys think it was today? I don't remember them saying the 24th?
There was previous post from someone who applied last year that said they heard on the 24th or 25th. That was Monday and Tuesday last year so I was hoping it would be the same timing this year.
There was previous post from someone who applied last year that said they heard on the 24th or 25th. That was Monday and Tuesday last year so I was hoping it would be the same timing this year.
I am afraid that might have been me. I was called by my interviewer on the 26th (definitely) and I recalled that some others had already posted, so I speculated that some had heard on the 25th.
Hope I didn't mislead. 😳
There was previous post from someone who applied last year that said they heard on the 24th or 25th. That was Monday and Tuesday last year so I was hoping it would be the same timing this year.
hmm. If you look at the sdn thread from last year, people reported hearing on the 28th, which was the last fri. of the month.
Last edited:
I checked with the Admissions Office today, they still say "in the next two weeks."
I checked with the Admissions Office today, they still say "in the next two weeks."
that sux. why can't "you'll hear at the end of march" = the end of march 😕
I checked with the Admissions Office today, they still say "in the next two weeks."
Despite that, I predict calls will start coming from SOME interviewers tomorrow afternoon (and possible TONIGHT) and emails will go out on Friday.
I am so excited for you guys. This school is better than I ever hoped it would be. In every way. I absolutely and totally love it. (I never really understood the concept that a school can be a good "fit," but I do now.)
and Boston is fantastic!!!





Despite that, I predict calls will start coming from SOME interviewers tomorrow afternoon (and possible TONIGHT) and emails will go out on Friday.
I am so excited for you guys. This school is better than I ever hoped it would be. In every way. I absolutely and totally love it. (I never really understood the concept that a school can be a good "fit," but I do now.)
and Boston is fantastic!!!
![]()
wow Thanks. are u a current student? let the panicking starts=D





That sounds promising! Any other GMSers out there waiting to hear?
Yup! Final day(s) of a long journey. Glad to know I am not the only GMS left waiting to hear 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gr8fulMD, did you interview in the first round or second round?
I interviewed in the first round and was deferred. Ugh this has been a long process.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K