2021-2022 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just deferred via email :/
+1 deferred, at least it's not an R i guess :/
Praying for y'all that March brings good news! Are these emails also from your interviewers or from the official BU admissions email?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Did not receive a call but did receive an email today!! Congrats to everyone!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received Acceptance email!!

Did not receive call, email was from BU admissions. I sent an update letter mid-November. OOS, ORM.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just received Acceptance email!!

Did not receive call, email was from BU admissions. I sent an update letter mid-November. OOS, ORM.
+1!! How do we accept the offer in the Supplemental Application, I don't see any alerts?

just got the acceptance email!! Didn’t receive a call from my interviewer yesterday or today. Initials LC.

Got the email! Didn’t get a call, interviewed early October, interviewed with GB :)

Does deferred essentially mean rejected/waitlisted? Don't have high hopes after getting deferred. It feels like I'll just get rejected later on. I thought this was one of my best interviews too so I'm not sure what went wrong.

Just received official acceptance email, never received a call or email from my interviewer. Got a nice merit scholarship too! :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
just accepted via email!! interviewed in Sept! no phone call

Members don't see this ad :)
+1!! How do we accept the offer in the Supplemental Application, I don't see any alerts?
I don't think portals have been updated yet! In the coming days, I'm sure a tab will appear on the left that says "Admissions Decision" or something like that. Congrats to you!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I don't think portals have been updated yet! In the coming days, I'm sure a tab will appear on the left that says "Admissions Decision" or something like that. Congrats to you!!
Yep, it updated haha I was too eager since it was my first acceptance. Congrats to you too!!

What does BU's merit scholarships tend to look like? How many and what amount?
Anyone getting a call today or nah?
Just got an email with a $40,000 merit scholarship ($10,000 over four years). Not sure what tier this is, but super excited about it!

• Love
What does BU's merit scholarships tend to look like? How many and what amount?
Anyone getting a call today or nah?
I've talked to a few BU medical students and merit aid tends to be low. In the email acceptance from BU, they gave me a merit scholarship for $10k a year. I know you can get more through financial aid but I don't think BU gives much more in terms of merit scholarships!

• Love
Also received a merit scholarship for 10k/year. Seems like that’s the max!

• Love
got the acceptance call this morning!!!! 😭😭😭 interviewed early oct, it still hasnt sunk in!!

Congratulations to everyone who has received an acceptance! I was wondering if you were able to reserve your spot in the class on the portal? I was only able to agree to the Technical Standards, but did not receive an alert specifically asking me if I wanted to reserve my spot. Thanks!

does BU give out merit scholarships and when do they do that

Accepted via email at 3:33 pm! This was my only interview so I am beyond shocked and excited!!! BU MAMS student here, interviewer was M.H. :)o_O:eek:

• Love
Congratulations to everyone who has received an acceptance! I was wondering if you were able to reserve your spot in the class on the portal? I was only able to agree to the Technical Standards, but did not receive an alert specifically asking me if I wanted to reserve my spot. Thanks!
Also had this issue! Has anyone been able to reserve their spot in the class?

Got the A from an email from the Dean!
Also 10k per year merit scholarship. They said this was the Dean's scholar program, so maybe there are other merit scholarships as well?

• Love
Also received a merit scholarship for 10k/year. Seems like that’s the max!
URM or nah?
Asking because I was tryna see if it was based on MCAT, and the cutoffs might vary.

Didn’t get an acceptance call so freaking out yesterday, but got an email! Also got the $10k/year scholarship :)

• Love
where have applicant seen info on scholarships? is it mentioned in the acceptance letter or somewhere on portal???

where have applicant seen info on scholarships? is it mentioned in the acceptance letter or somewhere on portal???
It’s attached in the pdf of the acceptance email! I honestly didn’t even see it at first cuz I didn’t scroll down. It’s like the 2nd page of the file.

Does anyone know how generous need-based aid is at BU? This one is definitely not in contention for merit scholarships 😂

ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 9/27!!! So shocked bc I knew my app was a great fit but I thought my interview went god awful wow

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
deferral.....do ppl actually get in after getting deferred here or should I just give up

anyone know how early we could hear about financial aid packages?

If BU is 100% my first choice should I wait to hear from other schools or just commit to enroll rn? Is there any good reason to wait til April?

URM or nah?
Asking because I was tryna see if it was based on MCAT, and the cutoffs might vary.
I’m ORM and my MCAT is 520. I think BU’s median MCAT is like a ~519, so idk if that was a big factor honestly!

If BU is 100% my first choice should I wait to hear from other schools or just commit to enroll rn? Is there any good reason to wait til April?
Why not wait? Sure, you might not have a great reason to wait, but you also don't have a great reason to commit early - why not just wait to see what other offers you get, and not prematurely limit your choices? Anything could change in the time between now and April. I would exercise some patience and delay that instant gratification, personally.

If BU is 100% my first choice should I wait to hear from other schools or just commit to enroll rn?
"Commit to Enroll" option is not available until April 30th anyways, so you have lots of time to make your decision! The BU $500 deposit is not due until July 11th also. For now, you just have to accept the offer and respond to the Technical Standards Form.

I was rejected on Friday. It sounds like most people were accepted and I'm happy for everyone. My rejection wasn't a surprise given how poor my interview went. (The interviewer and I didn't vibe and I counted over 40 questions he asked me in 60 min. He also asked me questions that I think were really ridiculous about resource management. i.e if there were 10 ventilators and 50 people who needed them, how would I decide who gets them. Would I give preference to healthcare professionals in that decision, etc. It was a bad interview for me and I was expecting this.) Good luck everyone this cycle. :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users