2022-2023 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if BUSM will start releasing acceptances this Wednesday?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone ends up finding out when decisions are coming, please update!

Reactions: 1 users
Just called back a random wrong number because I thought it might be BU lol good luck out there everyone

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
So I guess they’re releasing decisions next week despite the March 15th AMCAS guideline?

Reactions: 1 user
So I guess they’re releasing decisions next week despite the March 15th AMCAS guideline?
Looks like it. Although the AAMC guidelines only recommend that by March 15th the school has sent out enough acceptances equal to the number of expected matriculating students, which for BU is ~150. Given that schools usually send out at least twice as many acceptances as they have spots (usually more though) it's totally possible they already sent out at least 150 acceptances in December. Which means they could come out next week or even later in March (which would be my guess). Also the guidelines are only recommendations for schools in the first place.

Looks like it. Although the AAMC guidelines only recommend that by March 15th the school has sent out enough acceptances equal to the number of expected matriculating students, which for BU is ~150. Given that schools usually send out at least twice as many acceptances as they have spots (usually more though) it's totally possible they already sent out at least 150 acceptances in December. Which means they could come out next week or even later in March (which would be my guess). Also the guidelines are only recommendations for schools in the first place.
Makes sense. At my interview, they told us that decisions would be released no later than March 20th, but they also told us interviews end in January so they could’ve changed it. They also said they accept around ~400 students because most accepted students have around 3 acceptances in total. So it’s possible they’ve already accepted 150

Hang in there! I remember waiting for decisions and sympathize so much with you all. I am a current student and can confirm that they've already met their traffic rules requirement to admit enough to fill the class. No insider info on the specific timeline here but I can't imagine the wait will be much longer for March decisions.

In the past, do the deferred students from December have a decent track record of getting an A during the March decisions?

In the past, do the deferred students from December have a decent track record of getting an A during the March decisions?
From what I was told during my interview, most students are deferred until March for decisions.

Can anyone tell me if second look days are week or weekend days? Trying to sort out how much PTO i potentially need to set aside in case of good news later this month

Members don't see this ad :)
Makes sense. At my interview, they told us that decisions would be released no later than March 20th, but they also told us interviews end in January so they could’ve changed it. They also said they accept around ~400 students because most accepted students have around 3 acceptances in total. So it’s possible they’ve already accepted 150
I was told that on March 1st the committee would convene to go over applicants and A/R/WL them, and we should expect to hear around March 20th. The school rep that said this said around because they plan for March 20th, but have to quality check everything in the admissions decision process (such as, one admissions group was not overly permissive, etc.)

Can anyone tell me if second look days are week or weekend days? Trying to sort out how much PTO i potentially need to set aside in case of good news later this month
I’m not sure what the other ones are. But I’m attending one on a Friday late this month

Second Look is always on weekdays. The ones coming up are March 31, April 3, and April 14

Best of luck y'all! Hopefully today is the day!
Black Widow Avengers GIF

Reactions: 6 users
Okay I don't want to get my hopes up but follow me here:

Going to portal (link) -> Financial Aid -> SFS Page -> Documents tab, it shows this:
Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 1.29.53 PM.png

And on the same page I see this:

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 1.28.56 PM.png

Can we get more datapoints?

Reactions: 4 users
Okay I don't want to get my hopes up but follow me here:

Going to portal (link) -> Financial Aid -> SFS Page -> Documents tab, it shows this:View attachment 367749
And on the same page I see this:

View attachment 367748

Can we get more datapoints?
I submitted the FAFSA and I don't see that on my portal :/ But hey maybe there's some good news coming your way Puzzles :giggle:

Reactions: 5 users
I’m spiraling bc mine doesnt say this😳
Don’t think too hard into it. 5 out of 6 people don’t have the message. That sounds statistically very unlikely.

Maybe they are doing them in batches (it wasn’t there this morning when I checked). Or maybe WL people also show FAFSA received and they are doing WL first before they do actually-admitted people

Were you deferred in Dec?
Nope. No deferral. Submitted all financial documents last month (taxes, FAFSA, CSS, etc) and marked my stuff as "Finished".

They also need additional info for me (proof of citizenship) since my FAFSA was not able to verify that (and this was also just updated this afternoon, it was not there in the morning).

Nope. No deferral. Submitted all financial documents last month (taxes, FAFSA, CSS, etc) and marked my stuff as "Finished".

They also need additional info for me (proof of citizenship) since my FAFSA was not able to verify that (and this was also just updated this afternoon, it was not there in the morning).
So you submitted all of the final financial things this afternoon?

So you submitted all of the final financial things this afternoon?
submitted all financial things last month (taxes, CSS, FAFSA).

All that changed this afternoon was:
1) shows CSS and FAFSA as received (dated 3/14)
2) told me I was missing some documents (which I will submit tonight)

Hey folks... Submitted both CSS and FAFSA, but was told by financial aid I couldn't submit my tax docs until after an A. If you haven't received an A yet, have you been able to submit (and have you submitted) your '21 tax documents? Thanks much and best of luck!

Hey folks... Submitted both CSS and FAFSA, but was told by financial aid I couldn't submit my tax docs until after an A. If you haven't received an A yet, have you been able to submit (and have you submitted) your '21 tax documents? Thanks much and best of luck!
I was able to submit tax documents when I tried last month (interviewed December, hoping for an A this Friday). Is the option locked for you?

also do you see your CSS/FAFSA as "Received" under Documents?

submitted all financial things last month (taxes, CSS, FAFSA).

All that changed this afternoon was:
1) shows CSS and FAFSA as received (dated 3/14)
2) told me I was missing some documents (which I will submit tonight)
I think given the disclaimer about these documents not being marked as received until acceptance means you are in for some good news soon! I also don't have this in my portal so really hoping this is going out in batches 😬

I was able to submit tax documents when I tried last month (interviewed December, hoping for an A this Friday). Is the option locked for you?

also do you see your CSS/FAFSA as "Received" under Documents?
Gotcha! Thank you for clarification.

I interviewed in Dec and hoping for an A this Friday as well-- from the look of it, it seems your chances are looking great! Best of luck.

At the time of interview, I received the email requesting to wait until mid March when most decisions will be made. I'll admit the confusing bit about adding tax documents / checking the box are making me slightly nervous...Most definitely waiting jitters, though lol

The option to upload doesn't seem to be locked, but the financial aid rep I spoke with in Jan said not to upload anything other than CSS/FAFSA unless I received an A. Thinking I should go ahead and do so tonight regardless... Couldn't hurt?

Below is what my page currently looks like:
Snip.PNG

Last edited:
Mine also says received and it wasn't there yesterday when I checked, cautiously optimistic at this point

• Wow
Mine also says received and it wasn't there yesterday when I checked, cautiously optimistic at this point
Did you also already upload some of the tax documents beforehand? Any chance it also shows you have new forms to submit (due to needing more info/etc)?

Trying to see if there is any pattern here..

Did you also already upload some of the tax documents beforehand? Any chance it also shows you have new forms to submit (due to needing more info/etc)?

What use are patterns when we saw what happened when we tried to predict this cycle's release dates from previous years 🤪

I uploaded all my tax documents in February and I just saw the received notification today. I don't have a notification to submit new forms

So no one got a call today? I really hope they still release As on Friday because I was told we’d know by the 20th 😩
Eric Andre GIF

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
mentally preparing myself for the massive L bu is about to send my way 😪

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else have the tax forms now visible? I'm trying not to panic about not having them 😭

Anyone else have the tax forms now visible? I'm trying not to panic about not having them 😭
yes I submitted just in case and now they show up as uploaded/received

but i dont see fafsa/css as "received"

me realizing decisions aren't coming out this week:

Always Sunny Dennis GIF

Reactions: 2 users
why do you think that?
if it followed the traditional pathway, I would have expected some calls/emails to have already gone out by 3 PM on a Thursday. (usually a couple DPs about Wednesday night, followed by more DPs Thursday morning/afternoon).

Purely speculation but I too would not expect movement this week given Match Day is tomorrow!

Did anyone else get a call from someone at Boston Medical Center today? I got 2 missed calls from someone at Boston Medical Center, but they could not leave a voicemail because my voicemail is not set up. I called back but could not figure out who called me from the hospital. I called the medical school admissions office and left a voicemail.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else get a call from someone at Boston Medical Center today? I got 2 missed calls from someone at Boston Medical Center, but they could not leave a voicemail because my voicemail is not set up. I called back but could not figure out who called me from the hospital. I called the medical school admissions office and left a voicemail.
well if you completed the FAFSA/CSS, do you see them as “received” on the SFS Financial Aid page on the MyApplication Portal?

I got a follow-up call and it was my interviewer from BU. He called to let me know that the admissions committee met today and accepted me, and that I will receive official correspondence form the admissions committee tomorrow. I literally could not believe my ears!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users