You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Case Western Secondary Application Thread
Started by aixoise
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Anyone planning to come for second look should join the Facebook group that just got made for it. 😀
Anyone planning to come for second look should join the Facebook group that just got made for it. 😀
Link?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last edited:
Another poster made this second look group before you made yours:
http://www.facebook.com/s.php?init=...1fba3882a3627ebf5c2b74208a39d&gid=50277260678
.
Last edited:
Same here. I just sent them another email to politely ask if they had received my original one. I would imagine that email address got hammered on the same day they sent out the email about the Second Look!
I got confirmation about an hour and a half ago.👍
.
Last edited:
I'm mainly considering the positive and negative aspects.
Thats a great start brock
anyone know when the next decision date is? or when their last decision date is?
I'm not sure but financial aid stuff just appeared for me on iapply! It wasn't there yesterday. Hopefully this means that good news is forthcoming?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those waiting, look on iapply! Just got accepted!!!
Congratulations!!!
For those waiting, look on iapply! Just got accepted!!!
Congratz!!!! were u on hold or did u recently interview?
For those waiting, look on iapply! Just got accepted!!!
Congratulations! 😀 👍
i was placed on hold 🙁
Letter of Interest/Intent! Write one! Right now!
(They're very receptive to interest in their school, so it would be beneficial for you to express your desire to attend!)
Letter of Interest/Intent! Write one! Right now!
(They're very receptive to interest in their school, so it would be beneficial for you to express your desire to attend!)
Yea, I did write a letter of interest like 3 days after my interview. I guess it did not work for me. I may just wait until I get my spring semester grades to send another update/interest letter. Hopefully, I will make it to the alternate list.
Yea, I did write a letter of interest like 3 days after my interview. I guess it did not work for me. I may just wait until I get my spring semester grades to send another update/interest letter. Hopefully, I will make it to the alternate list.
Oh, boo. Time to write some more with ultra-enthusiasm, I guess. I don't suppose your last one had the fall grades in it... Have you taken on any new activities/gotten any awards/done something cool that you haven't already written in a letter lately? Can you write them one that talks more about how your insertcharactertraithere would make you a fantastic fit for Case because of X, Y, and Z?
I thought that I did that. I wrote about IQ groups, the independent component of the curriculum, and so on.......Maybe they did not think that I was a good fit for Case (I thought that I was an excellent fit). I can't be mad at that. I am a little upset, i am going to go lay down.
What're you guys wearing for second look?
I think the invitation says business casual, and definitely no jeans...
Edit: I just went back and checked the invitation - it actually doesn't say anything about jeans. Maybe they'd be okay for some of the night events?
Last edited:
Same here. What exactly does this mean?
That they have not made a decision on ur applicatioon yet, many people have already been accepted off hold so you definitely have a chance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've already been accepted since December. I just got a CBC email.. I checked and I have had CBC emails for my other acceptances, but not Case. I am also on hold at Penn State which also participates in the CBC program. I'm trying to figure out who's been up in my business.. Haha. Did you guys get a CBC email with your acceptances or does it seem as if they are doing them all in March? When I get a chance later today I'll call both offices, but for now any info you guys have would be helpful.
I've already been accepted since December. I just got a CBC email.. I checked and I have had CBC emails for my other acceptances, but not Case. I am also on hold at Penn State which also participates in the CBC program. I'm trying to figure out who's been up in my business.. Haha. Did you guys get a CBC email with your acceptances or does it seem as if they are doing them all in March? When I get a chance later today I'll call both offices, but for now any info you guys have would be helpful.
I got a CBC a couple of days after mine, yeah. Have you checked iApply?
I got a CBC a couple of days after mine, yeah. Have you checked iApply?
Yeah, I have everything I should be seeing, such as the acceptance notification, receipt of acknowledgement, etc. Unless there is supposed to be a message about CBCs on there...
Yeah, I have everything I should be seeing, such as the acceptance notification, receipt of acknowledgement, etc. Unless there is supposed to be a message about CBCs on there...
Nope, no CBC message. Weird that it would take so long, though. Any way to find out if Penn State might be pulling a ninja on you?
Nope, no CBC message. Weird that it would take so long, though. Any way to find out if Penn State might be pulling a ninja on you?
Gave them a call today, it is Case just finally getting around to taking action on my application. It makes sense, because I contacted them last week about something completely unrelated. Good stuff.
Gave them a call today, it is Case just finally getting around to taking action on my application. It makes sense, because I contacted them last week about something completely unrelated. Good stuff.
Ah, excellent!👍
I think the invitation says business casual, and definitely no jeans...
Edit: I just went back and checked the invitation - it actually doesn't say anything about jeans. Maybe they'd be okay for some of the night events?
Jeans will be good for the Saturday night event downtown, but I would stick with slacks or khakis for the other stuff. No need to wear a suit and tie or anything like that though.
Nope, no CBC message. Weird that it would take so long, though. Any way to find out if Penn State might be pulling a ninja on you?
I saw this on another thread, what does this mean lol? Somebody said "I got ninja'd this morning" and I laughed to myself but I had no clue what they were talking about.
I saw this on another thread, what does this mean lol? Somebody said "I got ninja'd this morning" and I laughed to myself but I had no clue what they were talking about.
I intended it to mean they had secretly accepted him without telling anyone other than Certiphi. I have no idea how others are using it, though!

...

I have been on hold since December, do you guys know the date when holds become waitlists or rejections?
Case has my love on lock-down as well. Does anyone know when we hold folks might hear something more definitive?
so did CCLCM hand out the rest of their acceptances?
also, does anyone know whether they rejected and waitlisted post-interview, or did they just waitlist everyone?
also, does anyone know whether they rejected and waitlisted post-interview, or did they just waitlist everyone?
so did CCLCM hand out the rest of their acceptances?
also, does anyone know whether they rejected and waitlisted post-interview, or did they just waitlist everyone?
I was rejected from CCLCM post-interview, so it happens.
I was accepted a couple weeks ago!!! im pumped, see y'all at second look weekend! I was on hold since January fyi, interviewed in december!
Congrats! See you at second look! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any idea when those put on HOLD will hear back?
I know some have said March, but it is MARCH and man, the wait is killing me!
thanks.
Hey man,
Here's what the Case website says for the next cycle:
April, 2010: Interviewed applicants "on hold after interview" are notified about alternate list decisions.
So it should probably be the same for this year, right?
any idea when those put on HOLD will hear back?
I know some have said March, but it is MARCH and man, the wait is killing me!
thanks.
Yea, the wait is killing me too. Don't forget that the LCME is coming there in late March (now or in a few days). I interviewed in late February and they spoke briefly about it. So, I am pretty sure that they are making sure everything is in order for when the LCME people visit.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
Probably not for awhile. They say as long as you send it in by March 31st, you are guaranteed to have a response by May 1st. That makes me think we will start hearing in mid-April.
I wish they would hurry up. I want to be able to make my decision for med school sooner rather than later so that I can purchase a plane ticket for this summer.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
. What exactly does this mean?