2008-2009 Creighton Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a double edged sword, this unranked alternate list. Sometimes I think it would be better to have a number and know there is nothing more that I can do to change that. Other times, I think it's great that I don't have number and that I can still change the outcome. But nearly all of the time I just think myself crazy.

It's a double edged sword, this unranked alternate list. Sometimes I think it would be better to have a number and know there is nothing more that I can do to change that. Other times, I think it's great that I don't have number and that I can still change the outcome. But nearly all of the time I just think myself crazy.

Ahh I hear that brother/sister! But if they are truly going to give preference to Creighton undergrads then wtf is the point really? I just wish SLU did the same thing... but they rank their waitlist but won't tell you a damn thing about where you stand. Grr! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it is really painful and stressful! My family and friends keep asking me if I have heard...but anyway, I have basically given up on this cycle and am reapplying...hopefully this coming year I will get an outright acceptance and won't have to go through the stress of waitlists!!!

Definitely not something that I would wish on my greatest enemy!!!!:thumbdown:

Yeah it is really painful and stressful! My family and friends keep asking me if I have heard...but anyway, I have basically given up on this cycle and am reapplying...hopefully this coming year I will get an outright acceptance and won't have to go through the stress of waitlists!!!

Definitely not something that I would wish on my greatest enemy!!!!:thumbdown:

I donno, I think I'd wish it on my worst enemy... but that might mean I am enabling my worst enemy to have anywhere near the success in life we are to even be considering this career path. :smuggrin:

But I hear you on friends/family asking. I'm to the point where I get annoyed when someone asks even though I know they're just trying to be friendly and legitimately care whether I get in... but every time it's the same answer...

It makes me want to kick people in the face! :laugh: OK not really, but it is so annoying when every other day someone asks "so, do you know where you're going yet?" Then I have to explain, no I'm on 3 waitlists and blah blah blah.......

So friends,

It's the end of the week... anyone brave enough to call and see if any decisions have been made??

Last time I called they put me straight thru to Garland Jarmon...nice, but not what I was prepared for! So...if anyone calls, be prepared for that! I know not everyone is on sdn but seriously you would think that one of us has heard something...from a friend of a friend or something like that! Well, good luck to us all and maybe today will be the day!:luck:

well I have refrained from posting anything on here because, well last time I was cruicified for telling you things (that you may or may not of wanted to hear) ...

and ps... i didnt mention the Creighton taking creighton students first ... becuase its my understanding that they evaluate the Creighton kids on the waitlist first... but that does not mean they take them all first...

But just so you know where it all stands... what I have heard and seen on facebook with friends statust updates... They decided on 5 or 6 available spots yesterday... (unfortunetly for all you non creighton people I did hear they were all creighton students / or creighton alumni )
Also the last thing I heard is that there are still a few on there accepted list that hold multiple acceptances... but looking more and more slim... ok that is all I have

well I have refrained from posting anything on here because, well last time I was cruicified for telling you things (that you may or may not of wanted to hear) ...

and ps... i didnt mention the Creighton taking creighton students first ... becuase its my understanding that they evaluate the Creighton kids on the waitlist first... but that does not mean they take them all first...

But just so you know where it all stands... what I have heard and seen on facebook with friends statust updates... They decided on 5 or 6 available spots yesterday... (unfortunetly for all you non creighton people I did hear they were all creighton students / or creighton alumni )
Also the last thing I heard is that there are still a few on there accepted list that hold multiple acceptances... but looking more and more slim... ok that is all I have

Alright, so I promised myself that I was only going to call every 2 weeks, and I just called this Monday. So, who's the brave soul to please call today and put us out of our misery or keep us hopeful till next week?

I thought it was frowned upon to call on any day other than Thursday.

I thought it was frowned upon to call on any day other than Thursday.

I don't think it matters at this point or with Creighton. I don't remember limiting myself to a certain day with Creighton. I called whenever, and they have always been more than helpful.

I don't think it matters at this point or with Creighton. I don't remember limiting myself to a certain day with Creighton. I called whenever, and they have always been more than helpful.

I agree. Calling at this point is nothing more than an exercise in futility. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, so I promised myself that I was only going to call every 2 weeks, and I just called this Monday. So, who's the brave soul to please call today and put us out of our misery or keep us hopeful till next week?

You guys are starting to crack me up now.... I mean I just gave you the update of what happened just the day before (Thursday) at creighton... and that people were decided on (and notified) ... and so you had up to date information as of 16 hours ago... and the next thing you say and do is ask about calling ... Seriously?? what do you think will or has changed in 14 hours... geez :confused:
just let it marinate for a second guys... I know it sucks and is stressful but calling after you know the situation is not going to help... it just gets them irritated... ( and they definitely have people looking at SDN too so they know everything being said )
just let it filter out the way it will... i know creighton is having a weird year this year again and we are all getting screwed with how it should of gone... but not much you can do now... (oh and fyi.. there waitlist is still a couple hundred people I heard) and seriously its looking as if they are going to pull a total of maybe 10 off there enormous list this year...

Sorry to be the buzz kill again... but I guess I am the realistic pessimist type of guy... hope one of you can prove me wrong... but like I said from the beginning... this year at creighton looks like the year the waitlist is going to get screwed... :mad:

You guys are starting to crack me up now.... I mean I just gave you the update of what happened just the day before (Thursday) at creighton... and that people were decided on (and notified) ... and so you had up to date information as of 16 hours ago... and the next thing you say and do is ask about calling ... Seriously?? what do you think will or has changed in 14 hours... geez :confused:
just let it marinate for a second guys... I know it sucks and is stressful but calling after you know the situation is not going to help... it just gets them irritated... ( and they definitely have people looking at SDN too so they know everything being said )
just let it filter out the way it will... i know creighton is having a weird year this year again and we are all getting screwed with how it should of gone... but not much you can do now... (oh and fyi.. there waitlist is still a couple hundred people I heard) and seriously its looking as if they are going to pull a total of maybe 10 off there enormous list this year...

Sorry to be the buzz kill again... but I guess I am the realistic pessimist type of guy... hope one of you can prove me wrong... but like I said from the beginning... this year at creighton looks like the year the waitlist is going to get screwed... :mad:

Hey look, I'm sure we all appreciate your input and information you obviously have some "insider" input, but I'd rather here it from the actual office then from someone off of SDN that heard it from Facebook. I called and asked about them overbooking the class which I heard on here (from one of your posts, look back and check, you definitely did say that they overbooked), and they didn't know where that rumor was coming from and let me know that it was not true. So please don't blame me if I don't completely trust everything I hear on here even though SDN has been a great resource. I would rather know that someone had called and heard it from the admissions office. Also, there is no reason to be condescending or judgmental about how anyone is handling this situation. I don't feel like it's completely absurd to call and get confirmation about something I've heard on SDN. Creighton has always been extremely helpful and sympathetic on the phone, and I have never thought that they have been "irritated." If anything, I always thought that Creighton was happy to hear from applicants that show continued interest in their program. So, it's fine to be pessimistic for yourself, that's your prerogative, but you don't need to hammer it into other people. That's not helping anyone.

So to all those that are still calling and/or sending updates, keep the faith guys. And, if it doesn't work out, there's always next cycle.

Well just as I said after the last time you all basically called me a liar and didnt believe me.... Do what you want and believe what you want, it is all up to you...

and I wont be wasting your or my time relaying any more information...

(and my response to anyone who thought I was giving "wrong information" ..... pretty sure this has played out exactly as I predicted)

I know this is all stressful and unfortunely this is my annoyed side coming out too (I hate being called wrong) ...

... in the end, hopefully it all works out for all... Good Luck :rolleyes:

well here's some more info from calling in today.

1. as stated above, a couple people still hold multiple acceptances.
2. jarmon said that if you don't hear from them before july 1st, chances are basically none.
3. for some very slightly good news, jarmon said they will eventually get to the non-creighton waitlist.

well here's some more info from calling in today.

1. as stated above, a couple people still hold multiple acceptances.
2. jarmon said that if you don't hear from them before july 1st, chances are basically none.
3. for some very slightly good news, jarmon said they will eventually get to the non-creighton waitlist.

Thanks for having the courage to call, even though this it is looking rather grim at this time. The seats are filled as it stands right now, right? And, by a "couple", it could literally mean two, or loosely mean three or four. Either way, not that many openings, even with a grossly under conservtive estimate of 25 on the waitlist. And, can you please elaborate a bit on the July 1st issue? I'm confused on this part. Do they mean that if you were under serious review, they would "small pool" you and then let you know?

I think the poster meant that if you were not accepted by July 1st, you have no chance. Yeah....time to send out those reapplications.... I would not count on any wait-list movement at this point.

I think the poster meant that if you were not accepted by July 1st, you have no chance. Yeah....time to send out those reapplications.... I would not count on any wait-list movement at this point.

Why July 1st? I thought they would accept people up to the last day before orientation?

Just talked to ad director, 4 people with multiple acceptances (but it's fairly recent, and so they have some time to decide) and 11 or 12 total acceptances off the waitlist so far and a couple are non-Creighton alum/students. Hope everyone's reapplication process is going smoothly! Good luck!

In a typical cycle, is the waitlist movement front loaded, back loaded, or steady throughout the summer?

I suppose that's somewhat good news to hear the waitlist is moving and they are accepting people who didn't attend Creighton...it would be better if I was the one accepted though :D!

Still re-applying here. How's everyone else doing?

Why July 1st? I thought they would accept people up to the last day before orientation?

I was clarifying something written by needalotofhelp for wepio.

In a typical cycle, is the waitlist movement front loaded, back loaded, or steady throughout the summer?

From looking at past threads, waitlist movement is primarily front loaded.

I suppose that's somewhat good news to hear the waitlist is moving and they are accepting people who didn't attend Creighton...it would be better if I was the one accepted though :D!

Still re-applying here. How's everyone else doing?

Also reapplying, still haven't submitted b/c I am in the process of re-writing my PS. I am finishing tonight though b/c I am so sick of looking at it and it is working my nerves.

I will probably update my PS, activities, and coursework soon. My plan is to submit by the end of July.

I will probably update my PS, activities, and coursework soon. My plan is to submit by the end of July.

My parents are already freaking out on me and telling me that I missed the boat. I just want to get it done ASAP, or I won't be able to fully enjoy the holiday weekend. How late do you think is too late?

I'm the worst person to be asking. Last cycle, I didn't submit AMCAS until October 3rd and managed to pull a couple of interviews. My application isn't like the other SDN'ers who are 90th percentile -- not even close. I think that early does make some difference, but not to the extent that you'll get that dream interview if you're in on day one. In my opinion, I think that sometime in July would be just fine. If you're a stellar candidate, you'll get that interview regardless.

I wasn't complete until October 20th....I got 3 interviews (which was not good) but was accepted to all three places I interviewed at)....so I think "too late" is a relative term!

Just got an email from Creighton pretty much saying there is no hope for this year as far as more waitlist movement. They've only accepted 14 students from the waitlist this year!

Anyone else get this email? Well, here's to another round! GL to everyone :luck:

got that same email as well.

good luck everyone in the next round!

got that same email as well.

good luck everyone in the next round!

I got that email too -- I am sure it is an automated email sent to all on the waitlist. That is basically the fatal blow to the 2008/9 cycle for me. I'm calling it... time of death "9:57 am, PST" :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.